122

Two Moons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kato brushed Ara's hair out of her face while he sleepily looked at the watch. He could feel various strong auras in the hospital and he was a bit worried as he could feel Shigen's, but as he was sure that the council member didn't want anything bad, Kato relaxed.
As Ara flinched, Kato tensed up again. Her wounds had been really severe and even though the healers had healed her properly, Ara still was not quite okay yet.

Healing always took a toll on the person who got healed, more than on the healer. Since Mageíya usually healed faster than humans, they didn't need to go to the doctor as often as the humans and they barely got ill. With a sigh, Kato his back. If Ara was awake, she would kick his for being in the same bed as her.
She could be so damn stubborn that it was frustrating.

Then again, Kato also knew her other side. If only... no. He immediately forbid himself to think about it. She would kick him to the moon and wouldn't allow him to ever come back again.
“You are really troubling me, Ara. The thins I would do and do to for your,” he sighed and he sat up.

“Oh shut up, Kato.”

Surprised, Kato turned around and smiled at Ara, who rolled her eyes. “I'm going to kick your for this when I am fine again but for now...” Ara grabbed his arm and pulled him back. “Just this once. This once, Kato,” she whispered while she closed her eyes and buried her face at his chest.
“Did she wake up? Did Siyeon wake up?” she asked Kato while he laid his arm around her. “Considering how loud they just were, I guess so. Whatever happened, it must had traumatized her. She screamed.”

Immediately, Ara wanted to get up and visit Siyeon but Kato hold her back. “No, you can't. I think... one of the council members is with her at the moment. I think it is Chanyeol's father.”
Worried, Ara stared at him and he knew that she was scared what he might could do to Siyeon. “She will be fine. I don't think Shigen would hurt her, not with all the others and especially his son around.”

A grunt came over Ara's lips, which quickly turned into a laugh. “Oh, I don't think he cares much. Not someone like him.” She knew the council members because her father was a member of the second council.
“But from all the council members Shigen still is the nicest. Don't be so pessimistic, really,” Kato sighed while giving her a quick kiss on the forehead. Promptly, he got punched by Ara but he didn't budge a bit.
“I am so pessimistic because someone just tried to kill us. I... they wanted something from Siyeon. God help me, I felt so helpless. Her scream still rings in my ear.”

Ara got eaten up by her doubts and self-blame and Kato couldn't do anything to make it better. “Stop blaming yourself. Just stop it. Siyeon wouldn't want this. I think she would kick your for it.”
A chuckle came over Ara's lips and she looked up.

“She probably would, even if she doesn't even look like it.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter