Chapter 3

Latest Kill

Latest Kill: Chapter 3



All of us went down including the boss. The last thing we heard were glass breaking and shattering, a few minutes passed and the firing stopped. I saw JongHyun grab his MG43 Machine Gun got up and started firing at the girls. “Take this, es!” He screamed. Well, he’s mad.

We stood up. Gun shots were exchanged everywhere. This isn’t good. We need a plan. I pulled MinHyuk from the exchange of gun shots and pulled him down “Find out everything you can about the generation then come back. Go. NOW, hurry!” he ducked and ran out of the office.

Next, I pulled JungShin leaving JongHyun firing at the girls, alone. “WHAT?” JungShin said angry.

Must be the adrenaline rush… “Calm down! Get the boss to safety and grab the Gumpert and Agera R. We need to get out of here now!” JungShin followed my orders and grabbed our boss “Let’s go boss.”

I picked up my F-2000 assault rifle from the floor and helped JongHyun in firing. I got to admit the girls put up a good fight. They matched us, sending bullet after bullet. “Stop, JongHyun we need to go and make a plan.” We ducked and ran out. Taking the stairs going down, expecting there was some kind of death trap in the elevator, we stopped at the 8th floor.“Yah, we need more guns!” I saw JongHyun turn a corner to the room where we usually keep the firearms. JongHyun entered, I kept guard at the door, holding my rifle close to me, looking at corners in case SooYoung pops up and kills me, she wasn’t there after all.

“Hurry up!” I yelled at JongHyun. When he came out, in his hands were rifles, grenades, bugs, knives and I have a hunch, a bag full of bullets!

“Let’s Go!” JongHyun started running and I followed him down. In the parking lot, we saw JungShin in the Gumpert parked beside the Agera R.

“Hey.” JongHyun threw me a rifle and went in the Gumpert; I went in the Agera R, started the engine and made a U-turn, We heard the sound of screeching tires and saw Seo and Fany in a McLaren F1 chasing after us. I stomped on the gas pedal, reaching 150kmph. I was the one leading with JongHyun and JungShin following behind. I headed for the highway.

I looked at the side mirror and driving the McLaren was SeoHyun. She smirked and winked when she saw me looking at them.



 

 

 



……………………………………………………………




“Steady the car Hyunnie.” Fany ordered. I followed. When I saw Yongwha looking at us through his side mirror I smirked and winked, I’m not going to let him get away.

Fany rolled down the windows, grabbed the AS50 Snipe Rifle and sat on the edge of the window, targeting the boys.*geez, what if she falls down and dies?!

Fany started raining bullets all over the place. Targeting the Gumpert and Agera, I then saw JongHyun open his window until I caught a glimpse of what was in his hand. I turned the car around, almost abruptly “What the h-hell?!” I heard Fany shout. Not now Fany unnie! I hit the pedal, hard. Hoping I could get us far enough. She kept on firing; this girl has a lot of energy for someone so small! I glanced at my side mirror, seeing JongHyun took the pin and threw it at us. I screamed “GET IN! “ And I pulled Fany inside the car.





BOOM!




We heard the explosion. Luckily, we got far enough but we can’t chase them now, the roads are now ed up.

The recognition voice in the car sounded signalling an incoming call. I answered it, “They got away.” Fany said almost too instantly not letting the voice on the other end speak first. “I see…” our boss answered, “Come back to the office, and we’ll rendezvous from here.”

“You heard the man.” Fany said looking bored, I can feel the disappointment plastered on her face. I mean, that was our chance.






*flashback*



“Happy Birthday Hyun!” I heard oppa whisper in my ear; he unclasped his hands from my eyes. In front of us was the McLaren F1.“WOW oppa is getting generous! Komawo, oppa!” he hugged me from behind and I kissed his cheek.




*end of flashback*







I shook my head. “I know.” I hit the gas and sped through the roads like I owned it.





………………………………………………………………










I heard my phone ringing, turning on the Bluetooth, I heard JongHyun’s voice boom in the car’s speakers “Yeah?” I answered.

“They won’t be following us, for now.” I heard JongHyun sigh. “Where are we heading to?”

“My rest house, I haven’t taken Seo there yet so it would take them some time to find us.” I said. I was supposed to take her there on a date after our honeymoon. Guess it would serve as our safe house for now.

“Roger that. Lead the way, we’ll follow you.” JongHyun ended the call.

Flooring the pedal, I increased my speed hoping to get there earlier so we can come up with a plan. 


First, we need to know, EVERYTHING.


I dialled MinHyuk’s number. “Yoboseo? Hyung! I’m glad you’re still alive!” he’s relieved.

“Course we are still alive. Do you have the info we need?” I heard him move on the other end. “oh yeah, the info, wait a moment give me 30 more minutes!”

*sigh… I think we should talk about this in the safe house. 

“MinHyuk-ah, finish what you have to do there. Let’s meet at my rest house, I’ll send you the coordinates. Be there in 1 hour or else we’re going to come and look for you!” I checked the time 4:50pm. We should be there in time before it gets dark outside.



We arrived at my rest house. It was nothing much. Just the usual… near the beach kind of thing. It’s quiet here, peaceful even. I checked my watch, 5:40pm.

JungShin parked and he and JongHyun went out of the Gumpert. “You guys ahead. I’ll stay here and wait for MinHyuk.” I told them.

They went inside. 15min later…MinHyuk arrived in a Jaguar. He parked the car and walked out. His face, looks so heartbroken. This isn’t good, MinHyuk’s usually the Happy one, whatever he found out, it’s not going to be pretty.

I tilted my head to the left signalling for him to go in first. I followed him.

We gathered around the coffee table in the living room. Me, JongHyun and JungShin leaning in as to what MinHyuk was going to tell, he looked up at us and fidgeted as if nervous. “God, the anxiety is killing me here.” I said, I REALLY WANT TO KNOW. NOW.

MinHyuk started looking down, “The rumors were true. The girls, Seo, Yoon and Fany were really trained since birth; in fact they were taken from their parents. After their birth, each and every one of their parents were killed or murdered…” I saw a tear drop on the table.

*My poor SeoHyun…

MinHyuk continued, “Of course they don’t know about this, they just think they’re orphans taken from the streets.”

Knowing this reality, made my heart ache, they’re not the enemies here. They’re also victims of the generation, stripped away from their parents. Raising them to know nothing else than to kill.

MinHyuk wiped a tear. I heard JongHyun sniff… I nodded, urging MinHyuk to go on “believing this truth they thought they owed their lives to their boss who raised them so they tried their best to please their boss, they followed everything he ordered. As assassins they know nothing of generation’s hidden agenda’s so that when they’re captured they won’t divulge any information about the group. Generation has been known in importing and exporting drugs throughout Korea, that’s why their boss ordered for Hyung to be captured and taken to him so that he can brainwash Hyung into helping him.”

Everyone looked at me. “So that’s it huh…” I stood up and walked to the window, looking outside.


Seo JooHyun… I know deep in my heart you love me as much as I love you.



“What do we do now hyung?” JungShin asked me.