Summer in Heart

Ice Prince & Ice Princess Palace

Hello, I hope some of you still remember me? Hahaha...I know, I haven't update...long time but yeah, I'm here now. I have excuse for that hiatus without any notification before, the work at that damned office really crazy and when I arives at home...it's already 8 pm, so I don't really have any times for write since at weekend I will play like crazy for preparation on the monday war.

About the fanfic, Marmalade sky...what should I do with that fanfic? I try to write again but nah...suddenly lose any intrest but I'll try it slowly that's why Marmalade Sky will be on hold till I find my motivation. So now I present you new fanfic, that I try to make it at my office (perk of being admin, you work when you have a work to do) and I don't really know if this story good enough but here we go! Please enjoy it!

Thanks so much!!

----------

Maybe because her office at top floor of those high building in Seoul, very top floor she couldn’t hear the sound of busy street. Maybe because her office room has thick expensive door so she couldn’t sound of her employee. Though inside her head, her head right now in very messy situation. Buzzing with sound that almost makes her dizzy though she didn’t do anything but just sit there.

The office room is very big and spacious, decorated with expensive interior, minimalist style with color mainly black and white. Though this spacious room somehow seems dark or dimmed with lack of light. Indeed there’s big window but sisnce today is cloudy, the sky is very grey so there’s no sun and the owner of the room didn’t bother to turning the light.

In her big expensive table, there’s plate name made from gold. The beautiful gold with her name are carving into it, Kwon Yuri. She is Kwon Yuri, the first line heir for Kwon dynasty. Still young, she’s still 24 years old girl. For someone as young as she is their eyes should full with passion and vigor, but this Kwon Yuri eyes is very dull, losing the sparkling, and even passion for anything.

She just sit there with hands neatly clasp above the table, sit and daydreaming or maybe looking blankly at empty table in front of her and laptop that still off. Only sound of her breathing could be heard, even though the room is so spacious and her breathing sound so soft, but the breathing sound very clear to hear.

Soft knock on her door, “Sir, your friends are waiting for you to join them for lunch. They insist for you to come…” the receptionist looking at Yuri that didn’t even give her response but she know Yuri listen to her since Yuri still looking at her and her eyes focused not that blank look, “They said if you doesn’t show up at the usual restaurant, they will come and drag you with them!”

Yuri slowly nods her head and standing to take her blazer, “…don’t forget to eat your lunch, take a lot of break times today because we got nothing to do for f-today…”    

The receptionist slowly give Yuri her sad smiles and nods her head, “You too, sir. Please enjoy your lunch because today they make special menu of their chef creation…also there’s your favorite seafood fiesta too!”

Yuri just nods her head and saying thank you for the information, walk to the elevator, the receptionist just sighed not because Yuri lack of response but because it hurt her to see someone that you watch over since their childhood day till now growing up, but changes into someone that she almost couldn’t recognize anymore.

The receptionist is already working for Kwon dynasty for more than 30 years, long before Yuri was born and she will stay loyal to Kwon dynasty no matter it’s take. She watches how Yuri still kids and growing up. She know Kwon Yuri still have that handsome face that because the Kwon gene very superior when it comes to look. Her appa is handsome girl and her umma is very beautiful y woman, of course Kwon Yuri becomes awesomely striking handsome.

She watches how Yuri growing up and become owner of that y body. All those sport that she join at school day, successful to shape her body become owner of y body alive though she still manage to effortless showing her masculine side of her body and become part of her charms. The height are very perfect not like her cousins that skinny lanky like stick.

That tanned skins that she got from her mother side also make her become very attractive and so exotic, from physical point Kwon Yuri got nothing to lose and she proud that could watch Kwon Yuri growing up to be handsome girl like this.

But what make her sad is Kwon Yuri eyes, the eyes that used to be full of passion and mischievous now gone become very dull eyes and also lifeless. The temperament also changes to someone that she needs to ask…are she really the Kwon Yuri that she used to know?    

Of course she should understand the situation force someone to change, force someone to adapted into situation that they being put into so they could survive to continue their task to carry on their life like usual and yet somehow she wish that situation never happen so Yuri still become the same kids that she loves as her own sons.

 

Kwon Yuri walking pass her employee that bowing to her despise they enjoy their lunch and Yuri just slightly smiles for them. They offer Yuri to join them for lunch but Yuri just shakes her head, “Enjoy the lunch everybody!” she know behind her back all employee will always give her the same exact words that she never want to hear again and again, because she want to say it on her own not them. 

She decide to walk rather than ride her car since the restaurant is nearby, she just need to cross the street and walk for couple minute anyway. The sky very clouded today, well it’s autumn after all and not only clouded but also windy, almost raining and news said today will be heavy rain. Of course everyone bring their scarf but not Kwon Yuri.  

It’s not like she didn’t felt cold because her heart already cold like in those cheesy drama or she can’t felt cold because her heart won’t allowed her, nothing like that since what happen in drama will only happen in drama. She felt the cold stabbing her ribs but…to go back and took her scarf is tiring things to do for her.

Tiring? Not physical tiring but more than that, it’s tiring her more than physical tiring after all she’s the three time championship in her interhigh (tournament for all high school students in South Korea) marathon tournament. To go back and took her scarf won’t make her tired after all but another reason make her tired.

She arrives at the restaurant, her friends already waiting for her. Eating and talking like they’re always do in their university day or long before that, especially for Kim Taeyeon (24). Taeyeon and Yuri already know each other since their diapers day anyway. Hyoyeon and Sooyoung are at elementary day, which their enemy at that time. Team Yuri and Taeyeon versus team Sooyoung and Hyoyeon fight at the school cafeteria.

Kim Taeyeon is another chaebol, her family own Airline Company and also have aircraft business as well. Of course this person richer than she looks right now, she eat her food with sauce smeared on her face, Yuri kindly took tissue and wipe it for Taeyeon.

Taeyeon cousins or known as Kim Hyoyeon (24) looking around her trying to spot her frenemy, she’s working as Taeyeon secretary. “Speak about Sooyoung, she didn’t join you?”

Yuri stops cutting her meat, “She meet client today, she said to eat without her but I will buy some food for her. Don’t worry about her!” ringing sound from Yuri phone, “Sooyoung text me, I ask her about what she want for food but she surprisingly said she will eat at our company cafeteria! So I don’t need to bring her anything!”

Taeyeon and Hyoyeon share some glance before quickly nods to Yuri that only smiles and raised her shoulder. “Let’s eat!”

Looking at Yuri that seem enjoy her food, “Erm…how the work?” Taeyeon quietly asking Yuri, notice the strange tone on Taeyeon question and even Taeyeon herself notice it, Hyoyeon decide to kick Taeyeon under the table and glaring at her.

Yuri just let out light chuckled though something tick her off with that kind of question, “Fine, everything is alright and under my control! Why?”

Taeyeon let out toothy smile but somehow turn into awkward smiles. Hyoyeon also does the same like her cousins, “Nothing at all!” Taeyeon nudge Hyoyeon to create another lighter conversation topic or at least make the atmosphere become lighter, yet Yuri failed to notice that gesture since she busy eating her own food.

Hyoyeon give her ok sign to Taeyeon from her wink, smiles proudly with her idea to start lighter conversation with Yuri. “Any planning to start a family, Yuri? You’re already at your age now Yuri! You’re not going anymore young if you keep waiting! It’s time for you to start family and make couple of Yuri mini-me running around the house too, imagine it Yuri! When will I get a chance to witness Yuri wearing suits for her marriage? I want to see it before I’m getting older…”

This make Yuri abruptly raised her head and she even forget to close again also she give Hyoyeon questioning eyes, she really want to touch Hyoyeon forehead to check her temperature. This kind of question is not kind of question that Hyoyeon will ask her, even she know how random Hyoyeon could be, this question is out of topic and never ever crossing on Hyoyeon brain.

Not only Yuri, even the owner of mouth also give herself questioning eyes but Hyoyeon just utter very wide smiles that so dental smiles. What the hell did I just say?!

Taeyeon almost want to borrow kitchen cleaver to chop this cousins of her because asking very stupid question that she could think. She even hides her face for her hands because of embarrassment. Out of so many questions she decides to ask Yuri this one?!!

“You totally sound just like my umma…did you spend extra time talking with your nanny again Hyo?” Yuri is looking Hyoyeon trying to look if Hyoyeon still sane and to Taeyeon, “Is your cousins alright? Did you hit her head too hard this time?”

Hyoyeon let out very stiff laughter and she even put her hand behind her head trying to hide her awkwardness, “Yes, she keeps asking me about the marriage from me to Taeyeon, even Sooyoung! Also you too!! Maybe because of that, hahahahahaha!!!”  

“Ah!!” Yuri nods in understanding, Hyoyeon nanny always fussing about this kind of things. “Your nanny always fussing over something likes this, right? But you already have your girlfriend, Taeyeon too and even Sooyoung!! As for me, maybe I’m not that attractive?”

Taeyeon jokingly punch Yuri shoulder, “Yah! You are the most handsome person I ever set my eyes on! Do you want to be my lover?”

Yuri is just laughing at Taeyeon fake flirty eyes and gesture that really so over the top. Yuri phone beeping this time mail notification, while Yuri reading the mail. Taeyeon glaring at Hyoyeon and muttering ‘you’re dead’ and Hyoyeon only give another peace sign. Taeyeon inwardly sighed and she mouthed ‘change the topic’ to Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon just give ‘your turn’ sign to Taeyeon.  

“Yuri-ah!!” maybe because Taeyeon to overreaction or over enthusiast by calling Yuri, that sound like warning tone or something-want-to-hit-your-head-so-watch-out tone, this make Yuri startled and she even holding her heart. “How about we play tennis this Sunday? I got free time!!”

“Sure…”

 

Looking at Taeyeon expensive car zooming out from the restaurant, after saying goodbye Yuri is just looking at her phone to read the same mail again from her client. Till rain droplet fall into her phone, Yuri then looking at the sky and letting the rain falling on her face. For couple minute she stay like that before she goes to nearby Lawson to buy food for Sooyoung.

While looking for snack or sweets, she really loves chocolate so she planning to buy one for herself. I wonder if there’s new chocolate or something…where’s chocolate shelf? This day there’s so many new kinds so… Her eyes caught headline newspaper, she just read it in flash before turning away to looking for some food.

At her office, Yuri hair drenched and her ombre hair little bit mess now. Her clothes also drenched but because hairdryer that she borrowed, she manages to dry her clothes. Still sit with her blank eyes that looking at nothing but empty faraway look. Every time she enter this room, her office she will always have this kind of look.  

With her tired face Sooyoung enter Yuri room only to found, Yuri pointing at food on the table. “If you go to cafeteria now, nothing left for you to eat! So eat that, it’s not much so don’t worry!”

Sooyoung eat her food in silence before decide to asking some question to Yuri, “How’s the lunch date? Did Hyoyeon bad-mouthing me? I swear to god, if she dare I will make her hairs become beehives for real!!”

Yuri slowly shake her head, “No, but!” she standing and walk to her coffee maker, making some for her and Sooyoung, “She had this weird question!”

“She is always weird!”

Yuri just chuckled, pouring into mug and hand it to Sooyoung, “This time she ask me about marriage anyway!” this make Sooyoung almost gagged her food, “Yep, she ask me that with very long explanation and so on! Anyhow, Taeyeon invite us to play tennis this Sunday!” 

--

Sunday morning, Taeyeon and Hyoyeon are waiting for Sooyoung and Yuri to show up. Waiting at café on that tennis court, couple minute later Sooyoung and Yuri arrives. Carry their own tennis equipment they greet each other or more likely almost went into dissing battle between Sooyoung and Hyoyeon. “The loser will buy coffee for the winner!!” Hyoyeon shouted and looking at Sooyoung in challenging manner.

Sooyoung just scoffed and took her racquet, “Fine by me! I accept your challenge since I’m with Yuri anyway!!” Yuri just thumbs up while she busy with jumping and stretching.   

After the game, Hyoyeon slumped on the floor while Taeyeon is using her racquet to prop her body and both of them panting hard. Taeyeon even drink her water with shaking hands while Hyoyeon breath almost like she’s having asthma. Sooyoung also panting but not as hard as them since Sooyoung still manage to stand straight but drenched with sweat. Yuri is still smiling and twirling her racquet, not even breaking sweats.

“What did you think challenge tennis two times High Korean cup tournament championship?!!” Taeyeon panting hard but she still manages to nudge Hyoyeon arms. “We losing with very horrible score and we even got triple love for our score!! You and your mouth will get us into our deathbed sooner!! I can’t even stop my tremor hands now!!”

Hyoyeon raised her hand as sign of surrender to Taeyeon because once Taeyeon nags at her, Taeyeon won’t stop until she give up or maybe die, sometimes she have this imagination that her cousins want to kill her to take spot for being little bit taller team.

That’s why to avoid being suspect and murder weapon or anything, Taeyeon want to kill her using nagging method that she always practicing to the perfection. Hyoyeon really believe this theory.

“We are the winner!!! Yeah!!!!” Sooyoung decide to run circling Hyoyeon and Taeyeon, taunting for the loser group. “We are the champion, my friends! No times for loser cause we are the champion of the world!!”

“Be quiet shikshin! Without Yuri, you are nothing!!!” Hyoyeon throwing her racquet but Sooyoung still manage to avoids it, “Yuri did all the work and you just standing there waiting for ball coming at you!! You too, Yuri! How can you still smiling like that?!!”

“Whatever you want to say loser since we are the winner and you can’t changes that! Come on Yuri, we need to choose our coffee! Let’s order cake too!!”

Enjoying their coffee and listening bickering duo that could break into argument at anytime they want, Yuri and Taeyeon relieved that they are not rival in business since these two will tearing each other apart.

“Taeng, are you sure you’re not busy to play tennis with us? I mean you going to be very busy, right?” Yuri put down her coffee.

“Busy? What busy are you talking about?! I’m free!! I’m very much got nothing to do so that’s mean I’m free and available!!” Yuri is just scratching her cheek even though it’s not that itchy because Taeyeon reaction but before Taeyeon could continue her excuses to play tennis with Yuri, the loud news from television interrupting her.

“Ah, yes! Thank you very much for the warm welcoming at airport! Korean always make me felt home and nothing will be better than this!” the voice make Yuri become stiff and three of them glaring at the poor waitress that didn’t even know what her fault to get this kind of glare at very sudden and with very perfectly synchronize glare from three person at once. “It’s nice to return Korea after I finished my study!”

This because you turn on that damn television!!! Curse that executive too!! Why they need to ask for turn on that damn television!!!

The woman let out very simple laughter that sound like silver bell or pixie, it’s high yet not annoying kind of laughter because it so elegance and full with dignity but somehow it poke someone wrong side. “Planning to take over the company? No, I still need to learn more!!”

“Jessica Jung of Jung family, the modern royal family and the top richest person of Asia finally comes home after finished her study on US! She just arrived at her motherland Korea couple minute ago!! It seems their rumored plans for this year not only rumor, it might comes true!!” the reporter narrated the news.   

“As expected from Jung, huh?! They will hit big again!!”

“Jung always be Jung no matter where the condition they thrown into, right?”

“I heard that the project will be very big this time but Jung always goes for big…”

Taeyeon, Sooyoung, and Hyoyeon pray hard inside their heart for those business executive just shut up for a moment or they will throw this table to their head. “How about we order something more? Since we lose we will pay everything that you way!! Sooyoung? You too, Yuri!! Yuri? Yuri-ah?”

Since her voice, Jessica Jung voice Yuri looking at the green field instead of the television. “Yeah, that’s right! No matter what it will come back, huh?! This is so !!” Yuri throws her napkin at her plate and looking at her friends, finally this side of Yuri that they never want to see. “Stop doing that pathetic lame tactic to covering everything up! Everyone already know it so what else need to be covered anymore?!! Understand? It is so silly that I couldn’t bear to see it!! I’m full!!”

Taeyeon recover from her shock because Yuri sudden change of mood and Yuri irritated manner, “It’s not like that Yuri! What covering are you talking about?! We don’t even understand what you are talking about!”

Yuri let out tsk sound from and clearly more than annoyed this time, she really furious beyond word can describe because one wrong move or word she will snap. “Did I need to spell it for you? Or did I need to write it as big as I can for you?! I’m not that idiot that failed to realize it! Or do you want to take me as fool, huh?!! Which one, Kim Taeyeon?!!”

When she heard Yuri calling her with her full name she let go Yuri shoulder in shock because she hate it, she hate it when Yuri calling her with that because that’s mean Yuri hate her or maybe Yuri despise her so much.

Sooyoung just sit there and slowly covering her eyes because when Yuri already like this, it will be better for anyone to let her be but not poking her further with coaxing. She know Taeyeon will open again but she didn’t make any attempt to stop Taeyeon because if she does that Yuri will angry more than this, so she just stay quiet and close her eyes.   

“Yuri-ah, we don’t understand…” Taeyeon trying to reach for Yuri hands again.

“Forget it!! I’m tired talking with you!! I’m tired with this sh*t!!” looking at how Taeyeon hand trying to reach for her, she swings her arms that manage to hit Taeyeon hands. She far too angry to even realize person that she hurt is her best friends.    

Yuri took her bag and storm out from the café with her scary face, grumpy face that really sour. Enter her sport car and going to place that she could vent her anger since she’s still fuming inside. When Yuri angry, everyone and everything will be on her range so everyone will took the blame, every single one even stranger.  

Meanwhile at café, Sooyoung just sighed and push her cake away from her side. Slowly Sooyoung broke into sad smiles that she rarely showing to anyone, not even her own fiancée. “Everything went very great today, we have fun and we really enjoy today game but why they need to ruin this? Why that stupid television must wreck everything? Why she always…she need to ruins it?! I know she’s not wrong, everyone not even wrong, no one wrong but! I wish she just…I wish her family just…disappears from us…from Yuri…”

Taeyeon slowly touch her hands that being hit by Yuri arms, “She…change now…” soft sighed escape from and looking at Sooyoung.

Sooyoung nods her head, “You know why and when she changes, because of her!” Sooyoung flips the magazine that she hides since they enter the café. She flips the magazine so the front cover could be seen by Taeyeon and Hyoyeon. “It seems she angry because of my action too, I thought she won’t realize it but…she has sharp eyes, Yuri is!”

“Jessica Jung again, huh?” Hyoyeon took the magazine, “Like it or not, Yuri must face this kind of face for couple days from now on! Every picture of Jessica Jung will decorate newspaper and news on television too! Yuri can be angry all she wants but there’s nothing she could do about this person!” 

“The project of Jung, huh?! The J Paradise!” Taeyeon remember hearing about this rumored project because it unusual for Jung that own very gigantic business in hospital, pharmacy, healthcare, and the newest one is fashion want to expand their business into real estate, which is building big hotel. To top the hate list, Jessica Jung still wants to build it at that land. 

Of course that will poke Yuri at very bad side. Since Yuri is that Kwon after all.

Sooyoung look at empty seat that used to be Yuri chair, “Sometimes I hate her, Jessica I mean…not Yuri! I really hate Jessica Jung!” Sooyoung standing and slowly she took her bag, “I’m very tired…not because Yuri attitude…please excuse me, I need to return home…”

--

As usual, Yuri still inside her office even though it’s lunch time. She rejects her friend’s invitation to join them for lunch at her favorite restaurant. She never returns their call or text. Of course Taeyeon didn’t stop there, she went to Yuri office but the receptionist say Yuri’s not in office right now. Which is lies since she’s at her office when Taeyeon comes.

She even in the middle of cold war with Sooyoung, more likely she ignores Sooyoung while Sooyoung still trying to make Yuri talk to her.

Sooyoung enter her room after knocking and Yuri still looking at scenery from that big window. “Yuri, there’s a proposal for you, the receptionist couldn’t bring it for you so she ask me to! I didn’t know this from because they didn’t put the name or even name card who but maybe you’re interested on this proposal?”

Sooyoung didn’t put the proposal at Yuri table and she didn’t stand near Yuri but she know Yuri heard her and looking at her through window reflection. Much for Yuri dismay, Sooyoung still smiling to her and keep holding the proposal.

Yuri keep her eyes on the dark grey sky again, this because her eyes will see the person that she really hate the most if she looking anywhere beside the sky. The countless posters of that person face that she will rip it by her bare hands and set it on fire if she’s given a chance to do that. That countless of poster seem mocking her.  

Trying to control her irritated, Yuri turn around and walking toward Sooyoung. She takes the proposal with her before scanning the brown envelope, she couldn’t fins the name sender or company name. Just plain brown envelope without anything written on it. Yuri raised her eyebrow in confusion, “Who is the sender?”

Finally she is talking with me again! Sooyoung never mind the curt tone because sooner or later Yuri will return to normal again and talking with her normal intonation. “Shinyoung didn’t tell me, she just says their CEO couldn’t come to personally give this proposal but they will make appointment with us if you interested with this proposal!”

Yuri open the envelope and pull it slightly, Sooyoung couldn’t see it since Yuri just showing the backside for her. When Yuri read the company name, Yuri just scoffed and shoves the proposal inside the brown envelope again.

“Return it!”

Sooyoung of course confuse with Yuri, so all she could do is just uttering, “Huh?”

“I said return it!!! Return it to their courier, they still waiting at lobby, right?! I’m not interested, that’s my answer to them!!” Yuri voice raise higher that mean Yuri angry again and her anger meter in brick of almost enter furious, wrong answer Yuri rage-o-meter will hit the rooftop and explode right there.

Sooyoung know what she must do. She will return this proposal immediately because if not, Yuri will be the one to return it and the after effect for that is too scary. “Okay, I will do that!” Sooyoung just smiles to glaring Yuri.

Yuri thought nobody would bother her again but Sooyoung return with apologetic smiles, “The courier already left…”

Yuri took the envelope again and throw it on trash bin.

Couple day after that, Yuri is walking to her office from parking area with Sooyoung walking behind her as usual and Shinyoung her receptionist in the middle of receive the call. “Yes, about the proposal? Which proposal?”

Yuri took the phone from Shinyoung hands, her mood still sour and now she’s in the middle of her bad mood because of this proposal phone call. The person that is calling their company are answering the question with very polite manner, “Yes. The proposal that we send couple days ago about the project, we didn’t get the answer so we want to ask…”

“We are not interested with that proposal, understand?!” Yuri cut their words with very curt tone and slams the phone, walking leaving Sooyoung that flinch to Yuri action since this will took more than 3 days for Yuri to regain her good mood and Shinyoung just smiles in understanding at Sooyoung and mention Sooyoung to follow Yuri.

---

To Be Continue!

How? Is it alright? I think I lost my ability to write there, since all I see is just normber almost everyday...

Tell me, leave me some comment! I'll be waiting! See you in next update!!