Marmalade Sky 3

Ice Prince & Ice Princess Palace

Hey, It's been a while? Am I getting boring? I hope not.

As usual, thank you for reader that still want to read my story and leaving some comment too, truthfully I always waiting for your comment! Thanks so much, so please enjoy this chapter as well...

 

-----------------------------------------

Luxury party, strictly no paparazzi, expensive dress and suits, elegance ballroom party for company anniversary, delicious also expensive food from world famous chef, magnificent classical music, impressive guest list, etc. This is just the company anniversary party but as well first introduction of Jessica Jung that will be engage to Kwon Boa and will be married to her. Boa at that time talking with her friends while Jessica still do her makeup and dress.

When Jessica arrive all eye are on her, her clothes really make her looks like a Princess, very suits for her and showing the beauty inside Jessica. Murmur about Jessica, there’s bad thing and good things as well but mainly about those eye-striking beauty and also how young Jessica.

Some of them might also compare Jessica with Boa first wife, but they do it quietly. Scared if Boa could hear them or maybe the Kwon sibling especially Yuri is eavesdropping on them.

Boa is all smiles at Jessica, introducing Jessica with her friends who happen to be parents of Sooyoung and Hyoyeon. Even Sooyoung and Hyoyeon parents praise Jessica beauties and her youth, congrats Boa for getting lucky.

“Umma!!!” Amber arrive in her wheelchair, happily waving her hands at Jessica who smile when she see Amber that appears so happy. Yoobin is the one pushing the wheelchair, while Gyuri and Taeyeon following behind them.

Jessica approach Amber and she even let Amber kissing her cheek. When Yoobin is about to kiss Jessica cheek and of course joking around with Jessica, Taeyeon already pinch Yoobin ears and punch her ribs out of joke. Yoobin let Jessica pushing Amber wheelchair to Boa. The family is chatting happily and somehow manages to make people who watching them become jealous.

“She’s already close with Amber, see how happy Amber! Also the other Kwon sibling expression so relaxed!” this because Amber after the accident become very much gloomy kids and often curt toward the other.

“Amber already like her and even calls her as umma!”

“They look like real family!”

“They are not human since they look so beautiful like that!”

“Ugh! I’m so jealous of Jessica-ssi!”

“They look perfect together!”

“When they standing together like that, they looks like portrait!”

“What a perfect family!”

“Wait…where’s Yuri-ssi?”

Some crowd looking around trying to spot the idol Prince of Kwon family but zero luck. They keep looking at corner and also at second floor, maybe Yuri in there and watching her family. Maybe Yuri at outside and she’s talking with her friends as well. “Where’s the fourth daughter of Kwon Boa?”

“I didn’t see Yuri in this party?”

Yes, Yuri absence from this party even Taeyeon couldn’t get hold of Yuri who seems really busy. Taeyeon is the closet sibling to Yuri since their age pretty much closer. At first they didn’t realize Yuri absence but after the sibling comes together without Yuri, they will start talking about Yuri absence and they might create some scenario as well.   

“Yuri, couldn’t come?”

Taeyeon just sighed and give Jessica her sheepish smile, slowly shaking her head and sighed again. The reasons why Jessica keep asking for Yuri is, she feel something odd on Yuri when she’s looking at her but not really in good sense. Something that being hide by Yuri and she’s also curious why Boa seem very different when Yuri near her or why Boa put strong defense wall every time Yuri with them.

Also why is Amber so scared when Yuri talking to her? Why Yuri seem so different when she’s talking to Amber, different like she want to…devour Amber existence. Everything makes her think, did she do the right things or did she choose the wrong things again?

Blame her collage major but never intend to poke more than this.  

Taeyeon sighed and she took her phone, still no reply from Yuri. “I’m not even sure where she is right now, since her practice finished earlier but…I guess she stuck of traffic or something like that? Maybe she will come in a moment?” Taeyeon is muttering under her breath, “That kid!”

Boa notices someone looking at them from second floor and then she notices something from that person. She’s walking to Jessica and Taeyeon, “Jessica? Let’s dance!”

 

Very expensive France restaurant and at VIP table, Yuri dresses in her best suits and her hairs tie in simple yet very nice style. She’s sitting nicely waiting for their steak to be served. Very expensive rare steak with old wine, Yuri open the bottle and pour it at glass in front of her and give it to someone in front of her with smiles. Yuri just drinks her water instead of those expensive red wines.

Someone in front of Yuri raised her eyebrow while sipping the red wine, “You just drinking water? I thought I already taught you well so many things, including drinking wine?”

Yuri just laughs and pouring the wine again at her glass again, “Of course umma already teach me well, many things! From wine, golf, horse riding, tennis, polo, many things about rich people game and trick of rich society, thank you very much! But not for today!” looking at mocking smiles from woman in front of her, Yuri just let out light chuckles.

Yuri pouring the wines at her own glass and smiles to this woman, “But red wine is indeed perfect for our steak!”

Her mother smile at Yuri, her mother name is Clara. She’s lady with very seductive eye that can seduce every men that she want. She comes from rich family and richer than Kwon in fact but her attitude always creates scandal for her family. Clara looking at Yuri clothes, “You dress exceptionally nice today! Going somewhere?”

Yuri stirred her wine, “Yes, the unofficial engagement party”

Clara gives Yuri her famous sly smirk, “Oh! You choose your mother first then them? I’m very honored for that, remembering what kind of daughter you are! Did I called you when you about to arrive at that party?” 

Yuri nods her head, “You always my priority! Half way, also the reasons why I didn’t want to drink wine today because she might question me about it or make something big from it! Also, paparazzi will take it wrong way since wine scent!”

“She’s really annoying midget! Tell me about this new mom of yours?”

Yuri just chuckles for a moment before slowly her lips twisted into same smiles with Clara, everyone will call this as cat smiles since it’s look cute and charming also harmless. But, this is actually tiger smiles that own by tiger that tells their prey to run as fast as they could because you will be their next snack. “You win hand down from her when it’s come to beauty, body, and everything! You are the best!”

“Of course I know that!” Clara gulp her wine like it’s just water, “That’s not what I want to know!!”

Yuri pours the wine again and give sign to waitress for bring them another expensive wine again. “Since I always busy with practice, I didn’t know more than she just 23 years old girl that will marry 41 years old woman! I think Amber seem like her and already attached to her! Her name is Jessica Jung!” Yuri gives meaningful smile to Clara who immediately knows about that kind of smile.

“Ah, you assume Boa only fake this marriage for hindrance me to get Amber custody!” Yuri just nod her head and pouring wine to Clara glass again, “You really genius child but why you assume something like that?”

“Jung body got some nasty scar, burn injury that very severe even it’s already healing but it’s still new wound! Surgery is very expensive and really need professional help to cover it perfectly for that severe burn! Mutual agreement? After all, no one want to marry girl with scars like that if not for conspiracy?”

Yuri did see those scar when the first time they meet, since Jessica wearing bit revealing pajamas. She took glimpse of it when Jessica trying to hide it from them.

Clara laughing and clasping her hand while Yuri just eats her steak calmly, “What should we do now? Should we strike now? Or should we wait? What do you say about this?”

“Waiting is best option, because Boa might prepare for everything. Looking how perfectly she found Jung as her aide, nothing will happen or something bad might happen if you attack them now. Like a chess game, you should be patient even though you play five-minute chess!”

“But!!”

Yuri just smiles, “I never said that Jung at poor side!”

This makes Clara face change the color, “What do you mean? She’s rich?! If she want to help Boa with her scheme, that’s mean she offer Jung money too and that y fox need money for her medical treatment, right?”

Yuri shakes her head but still smiling. “She’s daughter of bankrupt chaebol and Boa know her family, which mean maybe majority of their stock already become Boa’s. I remember about Boa expand her business to western! Now Jung is on poor side but when the time is right! Bang, she will be one of rich lady! This marriage will make her bankrupt business will turn into something big!”

What Clara misses is Yuri sly smile because Yuri cutting her steak, because she might know the truth about Jessica more than Boa wants her to know and she’s also knows why Clara scares about Boa marriage.

“But you said conspiracy?!!”

More likely is just my assumption!

Yuri just smiles, “Conspiracy about their stocks. Due lack information about Jung family business maybe it’s pretty big since I heard Boa stock rising again about 20% this time! Marriage and stocks, it is a nice combination!”

Clara nods her head, she look at Yuri with her proudest expressions. “I really taught you well, it’s brings tears of happiness in my eye!!”

Yuri nods her head for her mother compliment, “Thank you!”

Clara tapping her finger as if thinking of something, “If only she put the inheritance on your name! It’ll easier to me to get her money! Now with this whole marriage and also other things, it’s getting hard to get her wealth!”

Yuri is crossing her hand as usual pose for her, “Grandmother didn’t trust me even for a bit! She thinks that you’re already poisoned me! Everyone seems assume that! Even if they’ve already know the truth!”

“Is there any need of you to envy that good-for-nothing? You already had enough stock and you even have huge famous casino, nightclub, alcohol beverage, winery, tobacco, cigar and cigarette business inheritance under your name? Your wealth even beat me out now! You don’t think that I didn’t know what you’re up now, right?! I know everything Yuri! Why don’t you be a good girl and give your umma some of those money? You don’t need that money, right?”

Yuri just shakes her head and give Clara sly smile, “Well, I just behave like what you taught me! Since I’m your daughter!”

--

Several days after the engagement party, Boa is ignoring Yuri reasons for absence from the party and she even start a cold war with Yuri. Somehow she knows Yuri meeting with Clara. Because someone told her Yuri comes out from that restaurant with Clara and the morning the newspaper featuring them. It’s just like scandal news highlight.

Yuri is being kissed by Clara on the cheek at restaurant parking lot, photo of Yuri closing her mother car door, and then walked toward her own car. After the horrible divorce between Boa and Clara of course paparazzi keep their eyes on them.

Yuri didn’t even care about this and went to get her breakfast. In dining room there Taeyeon, eating her breakfast and reading newspaper. “You know, appa really angry at you! Its okay for you to decide not to attend the party but for you just has to meet umma at the same day, letting the paparazzi take your photo and so on…even though we are not celebrity but people are going to talk about this Yuri!”

Yuri sips her juice, “Ah, that’s why I heard buzzing sound this morning”

Taeyeon is folding her newspaper and looking at Yuri, “Yuri-ah, you don’t like her, right? Jessica I mean!” seeing Yuri still eating her breakfast without any intention to answer Taeyeon question, “I don’t see why you should dislike Jessica-ssi for any reasons at all! Yuri-ah…what’s your reason to dislike Jessica-ssi? Is this because the engagement between them? The marriage? Or another reasons? The same reasons for over and over again?”

Yuri look up to see Taeyeon face and she just smiles, very charming, so alluring, and enchanting smiles.

Taeyeon is touching her head because of Yuri simple answer through the smiles, “This again…Appa have any right to get married again and the wedding not even official yet! They’re not even engage yet! Thank to your news, all spotlight that appa want for her future wife…everything went to you instead of Jessica-ssi! Should I scolding you for this or say thank you about this?”

Yuri just lightly chuckles and drinks her juice, “Did I take too much stage from her?”

“That’s not the reason for appa to angry at you, Yuri-ah!” Taeyeon let out desperate retort and Yuri just raised one of her eyebrow with Taeyeon statement. Taeyeon shakes her head in defeated since it’s no use to talk about this with Yuri, “You shouldn’t acting like this toward her, Amber and toward appa too Yuri-ah! It’s so unsightly to watch and I’m so worried about you!”

“Thank you for your kindness unnie” Yuri looks up and smiles to Taeyeon, “Where’s everyone?”

“Working as usual, appa and Jessica-ssi went to hospital with Amber!”

This make Yuri smiles, “Not only for checking that kid leg but also Jessica-ssi, right?” looking at Taeyeon confuse expression, “You didn’t know? She had this big scar or burn wound on her back! I don’t know that Kwon Boa become charity worker now! Is this her new business? I’m worried, if the profit will be enough or not?”

“It’s okay, right? Something like that! She will be appa wife sooner or later! It’s husband duty to take care of her wife, to ensure their wife healthy and happiness!”

If at first Yuri smiles this time Yuri just chuckles but for someone that close with Yuri, Taeyeon know that this chuckle mean…something dark and something cold menacing warning. “I thought last night is just unofficial introduction of Jessica Jung? Am I wrong?”

“No, not really but…”

Yuri is still smiling, “Dangerous and scary how the progress went! Next time that I know maybe someone will get brand new car, but instead of Benz she will get bicycle or feet’s?”

Taeyeon just nods her head, “It won’t be that extent, Yuri-ah! You need to calm down! But! That’s fine by me, I mean we can go green by ride bike? After all my waifu can’t ride bike so I can give her some alone time for that reasons?”

Yuri just shook her head while smiling, “You seem happy but bad ending not on my dictionary!”

Taeyeon just laughing, “You’re just over thinking about this Yuri and if I don’t know you, I will think that you’re novelist! Have career plan as novelist or screen-writer? What a bad ending? But that’s funny thought!!”

Yuri’s just shakes her head and continue her breakfast without care about Taeyeon loud laughing voice, “Be careful with your jaw” this make Taeyeon become louder, Taeyeon has weird sense of joke and this one is her favorite kind of joke.

Taeyeon finally stop her laughing and realize something, “Oh! My stomach and my jaw!! But I do admit that’s really funny and you have to admits that our new umma really pretty! She’s also so young, almost at the same age with Gyuri-unnie!”

“I’ve seen lot of beautiful woman since playgroup age!”

Taeyeon let out really loud laughter, “Don’t say something like that! What if you fall in love with her? That will be funny and hilarious, right? I need to make sure that I, Kwon Taeyeon will be the first witness of Kwon Yuri realize that she’s fall in love with Jessica Jung! I want to see your reaction when you realize it!”

Instead of retorting or doing something to stop Taeyeon silly rambling about the possibility of her falling in love with Jessica, Yuri just eats her food.

Loud gasp from Taeyeon, “Yuri-ah! Please don’t! Because appa will kill you! You might create biggest drama ever!! But if you do, tell me okay?”

Yuri just smiles at Taeyeon joke, “Then you will see the real bad ending and you might want to prepare some flower for me!”

“Don’t kill yourself because this! Change it with dressing as clown for a month and that will be funnier than kill yourself! I really want to see you wear something less extravagant than what you usually wear! But~! Remember your words, okay?!” Taeyeon is quirking her eyebrow in playful manner to Yuri.

One maid went to Yuri and Taeyeon, she’s bowing to them as greeting, “Sir, the car already arrives! Should we put it at our garage now or should we service it before the car ready to be use?”

Yuri is looking toward Taeyeon, “New car?”

“No, I didn’t buy a new car since I just brought it one week ago. Yoobin-unnie and Gyuri-unnie didn’t have any plan to changes their car either!”

“Let me see that!” Yuri took the paper from the maid, “Kwon Boa is very generous, marvelous, and charming! The newest BMW is under Jessica Jung name and with special car plate for her!” Yuri speak it in very monotone voice and even give slight chuckles before put the paper at table.

Taeyeon just nods her head in understanding since she didn’t want to make Yuri become something that she scared and she know that Yuri slowly getting irritated, “Appa will pay everything that Jessica-ssi want, just like the hospital thing and maybe this car as present for Jessica-ssi! I mean Jessica-ssi will soon turn to be her wife, it’s natural things to do for appa! It’s natural for a husband or future husband to pampering her future wife!”

Taeyeon then realize that she chose the wrong approach to explain her point to Yuri because Yuri sit’s little bit stiff from usual, even though nothing really changes from the way Yuri sits but Taeyeon realize it from the way Yuri changes the atmosphere around her.

She must quickly added this and create lighter atmosphere for Yuri, “Also this means nothing to our wealth Yuri-ah, even with your own pocket money you could easily buy couple cars that more expensive than this and even buys plane for Jessica-ssi!”

“Please don’t make scary joke like that!” this time Yuri tone is very flat and her lips formed into straight line which is very unusual.

The only that that can make Yuri losing her smiles is the talk about money, her money. “So there’s no need for you to be raging bull for this matter! Anyway, my waifu is already waiting for me! So, see you later! Don’t eat too much now!” Taeyeon goes to see her fiancée name with Tiffany Hwang, the rich girl that her family own very big department store.

Yuri just sits there and she’s just looking at that brown envelope.

--

Taeyeon wears her very casual clothes instead of her working blazer which she always wears that about every morning except Saturday and Sunday, “Good morning, Jessica-ssi. I hope you get nice comfortable sleep beside thunderstorm last night!”

“Ah, good morning too Taeyeon-ssi! It’s okay, last night the thunder still bearable than previous one!” Jessica smiles to Taeyeon, while Taeyeon can’t help but trying to look at the burn wound that Yuri tell her. She can’t take a peek because Jessica wears clothes that hide her wound and Taeyeon know when to stop since Jessica has this question make on her face.

“Are you going somewhere, Taeyeon-ssi?”

“Ah, yes! Today I got day off from appa, so I will watch Yuri tennis tournament! Want to join me and Tiffany to watch her tournament? Tiffany is my fiancée!”

There’s hint of hesitated on Jessica face, “Will that be alright for Yuri?”

Taeyeon raised her eyebrow, “Why not? Yuri won’t mind it! Did something happen?”

“She’s not really like me, right?”

Taeyeon seems loss at words for a moment, but Jessica just smiles in understanding. “It’s okay, it’s very understandable why she’s hate me because suddenly I will marry your parent and my age so close to her also…”

Taeyeon just smiles bitterly at herself, “It will be so easy if the problem is just that…” she’s muttering for herself, under her breath. 

“Yes?”

“Aniya, nothing! I just speak for myself!” Taeyeon give Jessica wide smiles, “Please, come to watch Yuri tournament with us, I’m sure Yuri will like it since…no one really watch her tournament since we always busy and Yuri rarely tell us about her tournament!”

Jessica, Taeyeon and Tiffany sit at vacant spot that they could find. “The tournament really crowded for school event, they even got newspaper reporter too! But Yuri opponent play for national team, well still newbie but national team is still national team!” Taeyeon is commenting while buying cold drink for Jessica, Tiffany and herself.

Jessica keeps her eyes on Yuri that sitting at her bench and calmly waiting for the match. She’s wearing her sunglass and sits with her leg crosses. Jessica might not realize this because Yuri sunglass, but Yuri keeps her eyes on her. She keep lock her eyes on Jessica and study every movement that Jessica make till the match finally begins. 

At the match, Jessica keeps amazing by Yuri skills even when she didn’t know much about tennis. “She’s so good at tennis!”

Taeyeon hears Jessica compliment, “Ah, yes but not really good to the max since she will never waster her time to mastering one field alone! As long as it enough to make her win her match and she will learn other skills to make her win at other category though she only play for single game!”

Tiffany still busy cheering Yuri, “Yuri will win this match again! She will be three time champion! I hope her trophy room enough for all those award that she win!”

“Jessica-ssi, you should see her collection! Award collection! Trophy collection! Some photo! It’s pretty awesome when you see that! Well, her other collection more awesome though!” Taeyeon standing when Yuri winning the match and clasp proudly.

“If she’ll allows me to see it!” Jessica is also standing ad clasp for Yuri.

As expected all reporter come to Yuri for interview and Yuri just answer it casually like usual till one reporter decide to ask her very out of topic question, about the famous Jessica Jung now, her absence from the party, and why she meet Clara instead attending the party, if she like Jessica as her new mother.

The reporter keeps asking the question without caring if Yuri hasn’t answered any of his questions. Yuri still smiles but she took one step forward to the reporter. The reporter slowly took step backward and his tongue feels numb so he can’t ask anymore question.

“Manner is affordable and Self-control is something costless!”

Yuri turn around and she’s glancing at Jessica for a moment before went to her own seat, dismissed all the reporters.

Jessica know that Kwon Yuri looking at her by mere second but…she would prefer if Yuri really showing angry filling insult and hatred eyes toward her, since she often get that look from people around her but Yuri just shows her the most void eyes that she ever seen. It’s scared her because that eye gives her more than just hatred because it gives her very clear warning that she want to devour her.

 

--

To be Continue

So what you think of Yuri or maybe about this chapter? Tell me so I can do better for writting fanfic!

If there's any mistake, pardon me since I must write this chapter in hurry because now my internet not unlimited again! Tell me and I will change it!

Thank for reading this story till the end, thank you very much! See you next time!

PS: for next chapter should we play no comment = no update, I can play this kind of game as long as I could! I guess we should!!