Sunflower

Ice Prince & Ice Princess Palace

I didn't believe in love at first sight till the day we met

I didn't realize how easy it was to change the way I feel

I used to foolishly bear with loneliness

Let the impossible things pass by

Let memories slowly fade

“Okay, class! We end it at this chapter, who will bring the note this time?” Shinyoung said while showing stack of book, “Remember, you got three day holiday and make sure return to class with complete free from any injury! This just new semester and I don't want to get news from you broken your own bone!”

Kwon Yuri (18) immediately gathering her text book thick like a triple layer cake, run to her locker room and throwing the book without any mercy. If someone lives at her locker, he will be dead by the impact. Dash to her brand new Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse WRC only stop by one person body.

This girl standing in front of Yuri, blocking her way to her beloved car. Wearing pink branded sunglass and branded jacket…seem not her jacket but her girlfriend.

“Err? Tiffany Hwang? Miss Hwang? Can you move your from my car? I need to go home and playing my online games”

“Yuri-ah! Please help me!! Today is my day to bring the note and do some teaching but my club, Tennis got urgent meeting for next tournament! I know your club didn’t have any tournament so, please swap with me…wait, you never got this job anyway! Think this as new experience!!”

“Where’s Taeyeon? Your hubby? She can swap with you! she will gladly do that for you!”

“She got intensive training! Unlike someone who clubless like you!! Please, take my jobs for today! Today lesson pretty easy, only math, history, geography, and Korean literature! That’s all! Please?”

Yuri just sighed and took the book from Tiffany, “You just ask me to teach someone that I don’t even know who, where and what also why…maybe how s—!!!”

“Okay, thanks for accepting my request. Here her room number and her name already at book! One thing that I could tell you, she so beautiful likes me! She will knock you from your feet!!! You will fall in love with her because the moment you see her, cupid arrow will hit you in multiple place!”

“You wish!”

“Bye, quick go!! She must be waiting now!! K-Won hospital, you know your way, right? I will treat you something nice with Taetae money next time, okay? Oh, give this to her! This is her favorite, cheesecake and something sweet!”

 

Kwon Yuri, last child of Alex Kwon with Kwon Shinae. They own biggest hospital in Asia, they do some paramedical too and any other thing related with health and medicine. Rich family and famous too, but Yuri grow to be pampering by her parents and sibling.

She’s not spoiled, not brat and arrogant…only her face tell that she is arrogant. She is nonchalant person that always have that kind of bored smile on her face. She is very gifted and good at almost everything, although she is also enigmatic and eccentric. Yuri is generally bored all the time because she's wealthy and does everything perfectly. One her bad point is, she pretty individual person also could be called as loner.

Right now, she standing at hall and confuse because of room number…she never seen this number before and she sure she at right hall now. There’s no nurse and all, “What should I do now?” she already walking back forth and always end up in one door, peeking inside the room out of curiosity because she almost giving up.

Inside the white simple room without many accessories but this room not bland like normal hospital room more like…home, she sees one beautiful girl who really gorgeous but something feels weird around that girl and she just realize that girl is blind. Yuri look at the plate name, Jessica Jung…she finally found the room that she search almost for half hours.

Softly knocking the door, chime of silver bell so light and thin is her voice welcoming her to enter the room. Charming and beautiful beyond words is how to describe Jessica Jung for Yuri. She didn’t know how long she standing there and admiring this beauty like art.

Dugeun, dugeun, dugeun. Unconsciously Yuri grabs her heart and her eye keep staring at Jessica face.

“Hello? Anyone there?”

Snapped from her daydreaming, Yuri clearing in awkward manner while Jessica Jung just looking at Yuri direction. “De…sorry, I’m here for this week lessons? Jessica Jung-ssi?” unsure how to introduce herself.

“Yes, you are not Tiffany or Sunny?”

“Yes, Tiffany couldn’t come because she must preparing for next tournament and Sunny too…since here I am, loyal member of go-home club but don’t worry, I’m just substitute for time being…should we begin now? Since I already late for half hours or more?”

“Hm, sure…” Jessica said while pouting because she dislikes studying and also she didn’t know much about her new tutor. Yuri who watches the pouting of Jessica only stared like kids seeing new arrival toys that they want.

Jessica Jung indeed beauty like Tiffany but she different charming from Tiffany. She cold, seductive smile, aloof, but somehow innocent, cute, and warm, Ice Princess? But she can be called as Ice Cream Princess too by seeing how cute she pouting and somewhat smiles.

“Erm, today we will learn…history, this like fairy tale before sleeping! Math, hm I’m sure I can handle this pretty well! Eng…wait for a moment, okay?!” Yuri took her phone and call Tiffany number. “Yah!! Hwang!!! You ask me how to teach English?!”

“Yes, why? Is there any problem?”

Yuri ruffled her own hair and almost tearing it, “Any problem? That’s when me and Taeyeon must repeat it time after time for get B grade!!! More importantly I couldn’t even spell good morning without making it sound like good !! Do you want me humiliate myself?”

“What humiliate? Speak more clearly, Kwon Tanned Monkey!”

“Listen from her name alone I could tell that she more English than me!! It’s like teaching fish how to swimming while myself is monkey here!! This more like, I must learn from her instead she learn from me!!!”

Listening them arguing somehow make Jessica laughing because her new tutor look so cute and can be called with odd ball. From her voice, she could guess that her tutor someone who tomboy, because the tone of her voice is husky. The way she smells or her perfume not some girly girl will use. There’s hint of masculine in her because of cedar, bergamot, and woods.  

Yuri heard Jessica laugh turn around and just smile while Jessica giggling cutely, without any second thought she ends her call with Tiffany. “Erm, I can’t do much in English but I will try…my best?” at the end of the learning, they become less awkward but Jessica still didn’t know her tutor name because Yuri left in hurry.

 

The next day, her class rep come to Yuri who sleeping at her desk soundly. “Yuri-ssi? Class over and here!” she gives Yuri Jessica book again. This book created by teacher to help Jessica studying. Yuri took the book and gives her question face.

“Today is Yoobin turn but she said you can do it for her…can you? Or if you busy I can force her to take her responsible, she always do this to you! Passing all her work to you!!” her class rep is Kim Taeyeon, Tiffany girlfriends. She know Taeyeon just now while Tiffany since elementary.

“Nah, it’s okay…when tournament will be held?”

“Now, the club still in meeting strategy since many of our ace not available and also the tournament bit postponed since the host school got into accident with chemical class! So, in three or four month the tournament will be held! Right now, we still busy with meeting and maybe training!”

“You guys really busy this time of years! With you on soccer, Tiffany at tennis, Yoona at basket, Seohyun at archery, Sooyoung at volley, Sunny at rhythmic gymnastics, Hyoyeon at hurdle, Nicole at sprint! I will watch your tournament like loyal fans!”

“Not only that, later we will need to participate on martial arts tournament!”

Looking at her watch, “Oh, I must go now and I need to teach someone again! Also, I know some of you will busy…why don’t I take the tutoring job for you guys? I’m not that busy after all!”

When she arrives at Jessica room, Jessica look so tired today and bit pale too. Soft knock, “Oh, you again…”

“Yes, I will be your tutor till they finished their tournament…what happen? You look so tired Jessica-ssi, are you okay? We can always postpone our study session till you feel fine again!”

“I got fever this morning…I guess the fever still high, but I can manage! You already come here and…” Jessica tired to sit but failed.

“No, you don’t have to sit! Just relax…let’s study when you feel better, okay? If you force yourself…your condition can be worsening! I brought some canned fruits and some pudding, let’s eat some!” In the end Yuri feeding Jessica canned peach because Jessica too weak to do it alone.

In the end, Yuri must leave because Jessica falls asleep as soon as she finished eating. Yet, once again Jessica misses the opportunity to ask Yuri name and Yuri herself forget to introduce her own name.  

--

I want to know about your hobbies, your thoughts,

The earrings on your ears, and even your weight.

Your scent, your every move,

I want to know everything about you

That's how it is

It's about the way you are

Yuri will always come at Wednesday and Saturday, always and never failed to do so. But one thing she always do is arrive one hours earlier than usual schedule and watching Jessica. Creepy? Yeah, she admits it too. Today is her second mission to observe Jessica Jung, but she never introduce her name because she forget to do so.

She want to know more about Jessica who really interesting, many things she didn’t know about her. Like why she here? In the deserted hall of hospital, where’s her family? What’s her sickness? Is she blind from baby?

She also wants to know anything about Jessica, like hobby and all. Things that she could gather from her usual visit, just third time visit counting this one are fourth time. Jessica really clever and she catch everything quickly despise her disable.

So, now she just watches Jessica playing with her violins, old beat up one. Lost in trace, she failed to notice someone walking beside her. One light tap on her shoulder and she gritted her teeth not let out loud scream that will interrupt Jessica violin play.

Kwon Boa, her unnie standing behind her with confident smile. “You almost kill me”

 

The siblings sit on Boa office, “What are you doing there? Like a stalker!”

“Tell me about her, unnie!”

“Always straight to the point! You ask the question and I will answer it for you! Anything that you like! Before that, did you already know her?” Boa ruffled Yuri hairs. Out of four sibling, Boa closer to Yuri. She has two oppa beside Boa and they really pampering Yuri far too much, name with Yunho and Jiyoung.

“No, never heard or seen her before. Why she at that room? I mean, that really deserted place and not to mention confuse one too!”

“Little background of Jessica Jung Sooyeon, she is daughter of Jung. Our family best friend, Jung family went on trip but Jessica couldn’t join because of fever. The trip change into tragedy when their car crashing with drunken truck driver, her parents and sibling dies. She stays with her uncle and aunt, soon enough they force Jessica to sign the family will and all Jung wealth given to them. They kick Jessica from home and our appa found her, since then she stay here! It’s all happen when she stills 10 years old girl and our father found her at age 12, stay under bridge or train after being kicked by orphan because her eyesight. Her eye become worsens because of dust and so on!”

“Wait a second here, why she stays here? I mean at our hospital while we can offer her to stay at our home? Is this basically her second home?”

“Basically yes, her mother is one of our best doctors. Her room now used to be her mother office, so she stay there because she always play there when she come with her mother! She refuses to stay at our house because trauma and she feel secure at there! And this also for her own good!”

“So, she’s not originally blind? Any other sickness? I mean, you say about for her own good, right?”

“My dongsaeng so clever! Yes, she has asthma because at age 10 she already stay at abusive orphan who never take care their kids properly and often hit the child! Her body already weak since beginning and stay under the bridge for couple of month…”

“Her eye…”

Boa sighed, “I know what you want to ask…sadly, there’s little donors that really match with her and also, her weak condition…the chance is 30%-70%, 30 is success and 70 is…”

“Death”  

Boa show Yuri one files, “We found the right donor…She will undergo surgery for her eye…not far from now maybe about two or three months again, she already agree despise she know the result not guarantee that she will…alive, to put it bluntly. You are her tutor right? Go and befriends with her. The only friends she got here just nurse and doctor! Also, nurse tell me this pass few day she seem so happy and lively than usual and always waiting for study session!”

 

“You late…” Jessica pouting when Yuri enter her rooms.

“Ah, mianhe! Traffic jam and so on. Should we begin now? Study and today I bring some cheesecake and latte! Also, flower too, what's your favorite flower? Next time I will bring your favorite!” Yuri said while seeing Jessica, wondering why this girl always smiling even when she went so many hardship in such early age.

"Sunflower, I love that flower" Jessica seem hesitated for a moment before ask, “I never know your name…how should I call you?”

Why she keep pouting while twirling her clothes like that, she so cute…she just look like cute little kids. This girl really cute and loveable, bit cold at face.

“I heard from doctor and nurse, you will undergo operation for your eye, right? When you open your eye and see me, I will tell you but first before that…you must search for me! If you manage to do it, I will grant one of your wish! I’m genie of your world! Promise?”

Eagerly nodding her head, she showing her pinky finger to Yuri, “Promise!” Yuri slowly intertwined their finger and smile at Jessica. “But, with what I should call you now? It’s not fair…”

“Is there any nickname that you like or love?” Yuri pondering with Jessica, since all her nickname really bad or worst coming from her so called best friends. She set up the table for Jessica and set the book, after several study session she already know this by heart.

“My mother often call my father with seobang…I want to try that too, can I use seobang to call you? I mean, can I the only person who allowed calling you as seobang?”

Seem thinking what’s the meaning of seobang word, Yuri indeed clever child but she bit slow with things that didn’t catch her attention like this one but she somehow ever heard something like this. “Sure, you can call me with seobang, Jessica-ssi! Only you then!”

“Call me with Sica…seobang-ah” she trying to reach Yuri hand and Yuri mistook it as handshake, so Yuri just do a handshake with Jessica.     

--

When people are lonely,

They talk about how loneliness will let the days you miss pass by.

Even now, I won't worry

About if it's still possible to erase you from my memories.

Day by day they become much closer like best friends. Now Jessica will boldly call Yuri as her and sometimes do something like flirting or seducing. Sometimes make Yuri confuse because how Jessica act totally flirt and even professional is out of question. She confuse why Jessica act like this but she won’t say that this make her uncomfortable, in fact she pretty enjoy this so much.

There’s a beat twice faster on her heart if Jessica suddenly touch Yuri and it’s wonder her how Jessica could always find her hands, like magnetic hands that always meet each other perfectly. Whenever she with Jessica she always feel sudden urge to protect Jessica from anything. She feels like she is her knight, that kind of feeling but she still tried to understanding this more rather than create hasty assumption. This type of person Kwon Yuri, she will take her time to observe anything.

Slowly and carefully judging the benefit of her owns action and so as to weigh all possible outcomes before deciding exactly what should be done…but what she didn’t realize yet is she will do something out of impulsive for Jessica.   

Yuri always teaches Jessica, though if there’s any English lesson Yuri will skip it and let Tiffany teach Jessica. After today study, Jessica lying on her own bed playing with her violin while Yuri just lazing around the couch. “Sica, tomorrow is Sunday? Why don’t we go to town? Shopping or anything?”

“Like date?”

“Yes, like date if you wish it like that! We can go to store and maybe enjoy something to eat or the ride?” suddenly Yuri get up and went to Jessica because Jessica mention Yuri to come closer, “What happen?”

“Can I touch your face? I want to know how my seobang face looks like!”

Mildly chuckled at Jessica cute expression, “Okay! But don’t surprise when you see my face, sometimes the expectation and reality really differences!” Yuri guide Jessica hands to touch her face. Slowly Jessica caresses Yuri face.

“My seobang have thick eyebrow like a brush…she also have sharp and pointed nose” Yuri just giggle because Jessica keep poking her nose, “Sharp jaw line and perfect shape of chin, oh! You have bit of cleft chin” suddenly Jessica free hands travelling down to Yuri neck.

“Sica?”

“Shhst, let me memorize you…even Tiffany wouldn’t tell me your name, so let me at least memorizing you” Jessica feel Yuri neck, bit of her muscle tightened, “Your neck pretty long but strong, board shoulder and perfectly builds muscle at your arms, awesome bicep…are you often work out?”

“Yes, I always do it at home. Maybe you should try too, my lazy Princess!”

Softly slapped Yuri arms, slowly but sure her hands travelling into Yuri stomach, “Trident shape of abs, pretty rare and this one really perfectly formed…someday, I will own this!”

“You can, if you keep working out” 

 

Sunday morning, Yuri guides Jessica to shop at Hwang Department store. Her Jessica arms on her, she walking without her cane. Walking close with each other, this sight make all women feeling envy and so jealous of Jessica.

At perfume store, “Hm, this fragrance…really light like feather, with hint of water lily and mint. Yuri, this really…your choice really beautiful!”

“I chose it because this fragrance will always remind me of you, like this being made for you and I must get it for you, that kind of feel? But, glad you like it!”

At clothes store, “You buy me so many clothes but I couldn’t even see it…”

Softly pinch Jessica pouting cheek, “You will see it! Remember, after your operation and you will be able to see my taste and I hope suits you well! But promise me that you will wear it and showing it for me?”

At café, “Be careful, still hot! I order some cake that you love…say aaaa” Yuri said while feeing Jessica, of course all women or female in there staring at Yuri dreamingly. Yuri even buy Jessica phone, so she could call Yuri if anything happen.

“Seobang, can you take me go to beach? I never really go there because I easily sick since kids and my body not strong enough at that time!”

With Yuri jacket on her body, Yuri piggy back Jessica while she walking at shore. “Even though I couldn’t see this beach but I got feel this beach really beautiful just like what my seobang tell me! I want to go back here when I can see again…and with my seobang”  

--

I can only hold back the tears

And stand and wait in the illusions

This love in your heart,

Does it still wish to express itself?

The love hiding in your heart will definitely want to show itself

Sometimes, no every time she always wondering, thinking, pondering, and asking herself that what Jessica who to her is just token of friendship, casual infatuation or this just a game…cruel game? Or this how Jessica way showing her affection toward her friends, like something how best friend do.

Even if she only intended this since beginning as friendship but for me, I’ll imagine this love more than friendship for me. Cruelly sweet illusion that create by me for my own self-consolation, something that I create to run away from reality.

Enjoying her coffee alone, suddenly Yoona dragging Sooyoung sit in front of her. “Yes, all variation that you have! Make it two and we take extra crème!” finished her order, “Unnie, how’re you? Seem in lazy mood today?”

“Always, why you two here? Your club?”

“We escape of course, no one want to do 24 hours of training. I bet Hyoyeon finally realize we use her as bait! Now tell me why you spacing out like retarded idiot here? ”

“Nothing happen, really…” Yuri phone ringing, “Yes? Tiffany? Oh, Sica? Why you using Tiffany phone? What happen to your phone? Out of battery? I didn’t take your call? Oh, maybe because my phone on silence and I just happen to see my phone when Tiffany call me! Yes, today there’s English so I just let Tiffany and Sunny who teach you, after all I must go somewhere with my oppa today, sorry I couldn’t tell you before. Oh, my oppa is here…em, I need to go now, bye! You too, Sica!”

Yuri ended the call, “Something you guys want to ask me instead looking at me like that?”

“Sica? Is that the girl that being tutored by my bunny and Tae Wifey?”

Yuri just nodding and called waiters to order one more cup, while Sooyoung order more cake. “Then, why you seem avoiding her like that? Your oppa still at US, two of them and not here! Your phone not on silence or something likes that when you answer Tiffany call. You free from any activities that require you move from this café or your seat and also…”

“And also she seems so close with you, unnie! I mean more than usual casually friendly close like how you and your fans. You never get close to some girl like that, since forever that’s why you didn’t have any girlfriends beside countless flings and I heard she said I love you to you…and you indeed response with you too! Usually, you never said anything!” Yoona finished it for Sooyoung.

“And that’s why I confuse right now, it’s seem like something unknown ruins my routine and you don’t have to be Sherlock for me”

“What make you confuse then? Tell us and maybe we could help you?”

“Hm…nothing, really” I confuse about her feeling toward me, I too scare to step forward but too late to step backward now and I guess it will be better if I slowly create distance between us.

--

Don't say you don't like it,

That the feeling it gives you is plain

You can no longer avoid it

Yuri who walking alone toward unused old school storage room after school. She just got memo from someone that she already guessing it right from the moment she got that memo from her locker room. Finally arrive, one hand grab her collar and shove her too wall. Her back bump into hard and cold wall, hands grab a hold of her neck.

“Oh~ no expression of surprised or fear, even your eye didn’t blink…as expected from Kwon Yuri, our Ice Prince! What if I do this to you!!” she took one small pocket knife and stab near Yuri neck, make it bleed a little and the knife still dangerously close at Yuri neck.

“What do you want, Kim Yoobin?”

“Still no response, huh? Like last time, you just stood there without any emotion or anything, like it’s not your damn fault, still Ice Statue face!” Yoobin take the knife again and hide it, “Nothing much, but I notice you seem close with this blind girl, what’s her name again? Not that important for me, since she just disable human! So close, like date on shopping mall and so on! She likes you too from what I seen!”

“Her name is Jessica Jung and pays your respect to her by stop calling her with disable girl!”

Yoobin laugh sinisterly, “Oh, this new! Kwon Yuri, the mighty and superior Kwon Yuri pays a respect toward someone!!!”

“I am not you, Yoobin-ssi. You don’t even know what the meaning of respect word, right? That’s why…”

Hand choke her neck with more strength but Yuri keep her face straight and she know she provoke Yoobin now, “Listen, let’s get down to business alright? Can you give me this girl? At least this what you can do to me, right? After what you do to me and her, after all this all yours fault, right? If not for you and your big ego!”

Yuri just stood there and looking at Yoobin eye, “Don’t worry, I will treat her like a Princess more than you ever be and all because she somehow my type too! Also, you can be with her until she undergoes her operation! After she’s be able to see with her own eye again, I will take the credits from you! Remember, you are source of bad luck! You don’t want her get unfortunate because of you, right? One victim is good enough! Because anyone who associate with you will get a very bad luck, like what you did to her! What’s your answer going to be?”

“I understand, if that what you want” Yuri answer with her monotone voice, Yoobin smile at Yuri and tap Yuri cheek with her knife.

“Glad that you understand me, don’t worry she will never know you at all because I will be her Prince!”

 

---

To Be Continue

Finally, new story!

Ps: Did you know korean movie called with Sunny? I regrets that I know that movie far too late but that movie really daebak!!!

Don't forget to left me some comment or question!

Any error or something like that will be fix later on, just tell me and I will fix it!