Please

Ice Prince & Ice Princess Palace

Please Don’t

 

We sit next to each other in the car but there is no music

I always held your left hand but now you’re picking at your lips

 

I know what you’re going to say, please don’t say it

Don’t know why Don’t know why

I want to draw out each minute, each second

But the empty road rushes me on

 

Kwon Yuri driving her luxury Lamborghini in the middle of night, her face mixed from sad agony disappointed hurt pain misery. The eye that covered with tear that almost fall, but she couldn’t let it fall yet. Keep driving her car in the middle of night, on deserted street of busy Seoul.

Taecyeon sit next to her, joking around but Yuri seem ignore him, even when Taecyeon softly punch Yuri arms and messed her hair. Keep talking and laughing, create some joke around. While Yuri sit there uncomfortably.

In her mind only one, Jessica on her white wedding dress.

Taecyeon reach for Yuri cheek and pinch it playfully. Yuri turned her head slightly give Taecyeon a pained look.

Yuri and Taecyeon sitting on the stair, of their apartment. Since the at collage they lives together, Yuri who bored because lack of activity just decide to relaxing while Taecyeon decide to tease Yuri with annoyed her around.

He pinch Yuri cheek, messed Yuri hair, pinch Yuri nose and even Yuri eye.

“Yah!!! Go away!!! Don’t bother me!!!”

“You should smile more!! Look your wrinkle begin to showing now!! Smile more!!!” Taecyeon pinch Yuri cheek more and somehow twisting it.

“YAH!! Go away before I kill you!!! Stop it I say!!”

Before Yuri could kick Taecyeon away, Jessica come while smiling at them and Taecyeon hide behind Jessica while laughing at annoyed Yuri with messed hair. “Why you two so noisy! I couldn’t get enough sleep!”

Yuri just sighed when she see Jessica, something twisted and punch her heart. “This burn out monkey annoys me!! Also what kind of guy hiding behind woman likes that!!” Yuri said while pointing at Taecyeon angrily.

“Burn out monkey? You too, tanned sun kiss monkey then” Taecyeon said while punch Yuri forehead playfully.

“Yah!!”

Jessica just smile at Yuri and hugging Taecyeon, “Come on, babe! Don’t bother Yuri, she on the month where her packages from her bookstore come late!”

Yuri just laugh at Jessica before send deathly glare at Taecyeon who still hiding behind Jessica. Mouthed, you die!

--

After going round and round

I arrive at your house that’s so familiar and tears fall

After spending a long day finding this place

I feel like I am lost

 

Please don’t, please don’t leave

Don’t know why Don’t know why

It’s not even raining but outside the window

You grow white and farther apart

Holding her forehead and rubbed it gently, she took a deep but somehow the air she took choke her lung and she sighed again. Leaned her head and took a glance of Taecyeon who smiling charmingly at her, look so innocent and didn’t know how much pain in Yuri heart because of this smile.

Jessica in white wedding dress image come once again to Yuri.

Hop the stair happily, Yuri went to first floor with wide smile. Today she got some movie ticket and she will spend it with her. In the middle of stair, Yuri witness one scene that make her lost all of word in her brain.

Taecyeon back hugging Jessica, two of them dance in slow waltz while Jessica who the one singing the songs.

Yuri just look at the scene while lowering her head, her knee feel so weak…she should used to this but…

Slowly she climbs the stair again, it’s seem Taecyeon and Jessica didn’t notice her. At top of the stair, Yuri slowly sit and slowly chuckle, don’t know because of sad or disappointed or what, she just sat there for a while and countless sighed

Yuri sit on single sofa, while Taecyeon and Jessica cuddling near her. She just look at the couple and shrug at the scene. Jessica and Taecyeon then notice Yuri shrug, “What happen?”

“No, but I must go now…I already promised Taeyeon to watching some movie with her”

--

Letting you go is not as easy as it sounds

I turn away, not being able to see you leave me

Tears eventually drop and I need to wipe them away now

I don’t know whether I should use the handkerchief you gave me or throw it away

Why won’t this trembling go away?

 

Busy and crowded house, this is the time for Jessica and Taecyeon wedding ceremony. They already graduate now. Taecyeon wearing his black tuxedo while Yuri wearing her cream vest suits. Taecyeon busy with their guest and Yuri busy staring at her piano score, wedding dress. Many guest come and congratulating Taecyeon and some went to Yuri said they can’t wait to see Yuri piano performance. Yuri only smile at them.

Slowly Jessica come to Yuri, showing her the wedding dress, a simple one. since Jessica want simple wedding dress and suits for garden party.

Yuri just smile at her, the memory took her when she receive the news when Taecyeon propose her. “Yuri!!!” Jessica said while show the ring, Yuri just raised her eyebrow in questioning manner.

Then Taecyeon raised hishands too and showing to Yuri the wedding rings. Yuri just give them forced smile and this go unnoticed by happy couple while Yuri just turned her head to hide her watery eye because of tears.

Yuri just said that Jessica really bautiful and give thums up to her. Jessica runs to Taecyeon and hugging him while Yuri just look at the couple with her blank eye. Soft taps on the shoulder, Yuri turned around. Taeyeon and Tiffany already behind her, gives Yuri symphaty and encouragement smile.

“Are you okay?”

“Yes, don’t worry…I won’t mess up my piano play today…”

“That’s not what I mean…”

Tiffany just smile sadly, “Taetae, come! Sunny and Sooyoung already at our table, while Hyoyeon and Nicole almost here”  

--

I pretend to be crazy and hold onto you but

My body won’t listen to me

Intoxicated with the scent of you in the car

I don’t want to wake up forever

 

Yuri scream her heart out and hit the steering wheel hardly, but she don’t even feel the pain. She stop the car and keep hitting it. She turned her head and slowly looking at Taecyeon who looking at her, then every image of Taecyeon and Jessica come rushing to Yuri memory.

She sit behind the piano, walking together, all guest look so happy and envy, looking at them bowing each other, put the ring and kiss each other. Everything come and Yuri just sit there looking at them.

Slowly she reach for Taecyeon but there’s nothing there…that’s just all imagination of Yuri. The tears that she keep slowly flowing. Slowly she took photograph behind her vest, three of them at wedding ceremony. Taecyeon in the middle of Yuri and Jessica.

While crying she softly caresses Jessica photo and keep looking at Jessica happy face. Keep crying alone in her car. She tore the photograph right in the middle, Taecyeon.

--

Please don’t (please) don’t leave please (please)

Come back (come back) come back (come back)

On top of the empty seat you left

only your cold scent remains

 

As the guest come and congratulating Taecyeon, Yuri slowly slipped to the rooftop. Jessica notice this and following Yuri.

Yuri leans against the railing, looking at the sky and close her eye in silence. “What are you doing here? Some guest looking for you! They want to praise your piano play, you played it so amazing! Are you feeling unwell? Sick?”

Flinch because of Jessica presence and voice Yuri jump a little, “No…I just tired…”

“There’s still photo session now! Come! You need to get your handsome face on my wedding photograph too!!”

“But! I don’t want to be…”

“Come on! There's no but here!!” Jessica grab Yuri hands and pulled her, to wedding place. Just because Jessica touch and hands, it’s already bring smile to Yuri face. She follow Jessica.

“Hey, you two! Come here!” Taecyeon said while wave his hands. He fixed Jessica hair and smile, Yuri just smile curtly at Taecyeon gesture. When two of them facing Yuri, she give them silly smile to hide her curt face.

Taecyeon put his hands around Yuri shoulder in brotherly manner, while she put her arms around Jessica shoulder with so much affection. Taeyeon who took the photo, she just look at Yuri face for a moment and mention them to get ready. Taecyeon tilted his head to Jessica, same with Jessica. Yuri just stood there.  

--

Please don’t, please don’t leave

Come back (come back) come back (come back)

I will hold onto the remaining scent

So come back to your place

The tore image of Taecyeon, she put it together covering Taecyeon image. She put it together, closer the image of her and Jessica smiling brightly at camera as if there's no Taecyeon there...Just two of them, just Yuri and Jessica. Yuri just smile bitterly at the broken photograph, when she turned her head again, the image of Taecyeon change to Jessica who looking at her with sweet smile.

Yuri reach on her pocket and took one plane ticket.

Japan

 

 

----------------

 

The End