Beginning to Lose It

Private Practice

Minho's POV

"Hyung," my heart skips a beat as that beautiful being calls to me. I smile as he approaches behind me and wraps his arms around my waist. His chin meets my shoulder, and I rest my head against his. Giggles errupt from his beautiful mouth as I skillfully spin him around and capture his lips in mine. He deepens the kiss, and it feels so natural, the way our bodies fit perfectly together.

He breaks away from me, and I tighten my grip around his waist. His smile clearly shows me that he feels the same mixture of emotions that swirl inside of me.

"I love you," I confess as I run my fingers through his ginger locks.

Taemin smiles and grips my wrists. "Minho, you need to wake up."

Suddenly, I'm pinned against the wall. I moan slightly as Taemin nips at my ears. "Wake up, Minho. Wake up."

My thoughts become blurry as Taemin's words echo off the walls. My vision starts to fail me as I wonder why the hell I'm letting Taemin top.

"Wake up, Minho! Damnit, wake your up!" Taemin's voice is getting deeper, but I'm not comprehending what he's saying. I'm so drunk off of the way he's touching me right now.

"Minho!" I'm suddenly slapped across the face. I sit up quickly, pushing whoever is on top of me off. I blink in the darkness, realizing I'm on the floor in my room. I look over next to me and see Siwon on his knees, glaring at me.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Siwon yells. "I just came in to get your laundry, and you totally attacked me!"

I blink and shake my head. "Taemin," the name falls accidentally from my mouth.

Siwon gapes. "Oh my God, you were having a wet dream about Taemin?"

"It wasn't a wet dream!" It was ALMOST a wet dream. I rub my eyes and try to make sense of what just happened.

"You were making some pretty suspicious noises," Siwon explains, collecting his pile of laundry and standing up. "Either way, you just had a romantic dream about Taemin. You cannot deny your feelings anymore!"

What? "I already told you that I like him! What more do you want?"

"The truth, Minho. Admit that you're in love with him."

My eyes widen as I mull over my older brother's words. I'm in love with Taemin? No, that's impossible! I've never been in love with anyone before. Well, then I guess that means I don't know what love feels like...but that's no excuse! I'm NOT in love with Taemin. I mean, I do get all tongue-tied when speaking to him, and my stomach fills with butterflies, and my palms sweat, and my heart beats rapidly, and I can't help but smile, and everything just seems right in the world, and..., that sounds an awful lot like love, doesn't it?

"Come on!" Siwon shouts. "Stop lying to yourself!"

I sigh. "You actually may be right."

"Well, let's test it," Siwon says, shifting the position of the laundry in his arms. "Can you see yourself being with Taemin for the rest of your life?"

I close my eyes and think about his question. I can see myself staying and tutoring Taemin right through his senior year. I can see me sitting a few seats down from his parents, watching proudly as he walks across the stage to get his diploma. I can see him finding me after the ceremony and attacking me, planting a firm, first kiss on my lips. I can see him admitting to his father how in love with me he is. I can see his dad become stiff as his Umma cheers us on, having already packed all of Taemin's things into my car. I can see us running away together, not caring about anything. I can see us living together, getting married, adopting children, just growing old together. Loving each other until the end of our days.

"Yes," I whisper with my eyes still closed. "I can see it."

I hear the wide smile in Siwon's voice. "You are then, Minho. You are."

I open my eyes and stare down at the carpet, shaking my head again. "I am," I realize. "I'm in love with Taemin."

~~~~~

Taemin's POV

"Taemin, baby, are you okay?" Umma asks for the third time this morning. "You look unwell. Do you need to go to the doctor?"

"Aniyo, Umma. Gwaenchana," I lay the formalities on thick as I finish my cereal and slide my schoolbag onto my shoulder. "I'm just tired. I should get to school."

I exit the kitchen and feel Umma's gaze on my back as I walk down the hall and out the front door. I've lied again. I'm far from okay. I've just discovered that I'm head over heels for my tutor, with my best friend's help.

"How do you know when you're in love with somebody?" I asked, quietly leaning against the closet door with Umma's phone to my ear.

"Why do you ask?" Jonghyun fired immediately "Is there something you need to tell me?"

"Aniyo," I snapped, slightly frustrated with all my lies. "I need to know for a paper I'm writing."

Jonghyun was silent for a moment, and then he sighed. "Love happens so suddenly. You know you're in love when you feel the other's pain, except ten times greater. You're in love when you can really appreciate other people but remain completely faithful to that one person. When you just can't help but smile every time you're in their prescence. When you can see yourself loving that one person as long as you live, even if they're with another person."

I took all this information in, making mental checkmarks for every statement. I quickly thanked Jonghyun and hung up te phone before he could ask any more questions and before Appa could come in and find me hiding in his closet.

So now I'm walking down the sidewalk on my way to school, thinking about Minho. I'm thinking about how I'm in love with him. I cringe as I think about my main goal for the day. It goes against absolutely everything I stand for, but I need to actualize my lie...with yet another lie. I am so going to hell for this.

I get to school and meet up with Jonghyun. We talk for a little while before my eye catches my target: a very pretty girl with rich, shoulder-length brown hair, looking for a book in her locker. Im Yoona.

"Hold on a minute, Jjong. I have something to do," I say, fixing my uniform slightly before walking forward.

To me, Yoona seems like a perfect candidate for what I need. She has only been at our school a little over a week, so she knows nothing of my ual orientation. She's pretty and shy and really hasn't made but a couple friends. However, the way some of they guys talk about her in the halls or in the locker room make me feel ashamed of my gender.

"Hey, Yoona," I speak quietly, sauntering up to her locker.

Yoona spins around from her locker and smiles politely. "Oh, hello. It's Taemin, right? Umm...we have a few classes together."

Really? Actually, now that I think about it, I have every single class with her. I nod and smile, looking over her face. "Your hair looks very pretty today."

A deep blush covers Yoona's face, and she looks down. Aigoo. She's so cute. "Gomawo," she mumbles with a wide smile.

"You always look pretty, though," I admit. And she does. She's just not my type. She's the wrong gender. And she's not Minho. "I was wondering...are you doing anything this Friday night? I was thinking about going to see a movie, and I think you'd be great company."

Yoona suddenly looks surprised as she meets my gaze. "Are you...are you asking me out on...on a date?"

I smile wider. "If that's what you want it to be."

A giggle and a nod from Yoona, and then we're set. We have a date. "Great," I beam as she closes her locker. The bell rings. "Can I you to class, Miss Im?"

"I have chemistry," Yoona explains, and I nod.

"So do I. We have chemistry together."

Yoona's blush deepens even more as she giggles at my accidental joke. I begin walking in sync with her, laughing and joking and not caring what the people staring at us are thinking. Jonghyun stares at me with his mouth agape as we walk past him. I know what he's thinking, but he's wrong. I know what Yoona's thinking, but she's wrong too. As much as I'm already enjoying her company, Yoona's not the one I want. She could never be the one I want.

No one could ever be like Minho.

--

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow?" I ask, mentally sighing in relief that I have reached the end of the day.

Yoona nods shyly, and I smile, giving her a little one-armed side-hug. She stares down at the ground for a minute before whisperin a "bye" and walking away, on her route home.

"Taemin?" a familiar voice calls out, and I turn around to find my best friend. "What...what is..."

I merely shrug. "What's the problem?"

"You're...gonna go out with...Yoona?" Jonghyun speaks slowly and carefully. "But she's...a girl."

"And a very pretty girl at that," I respond with a sigh. "Still don't see a problem."

Jonghyun looks down, his eyes wide. He shakes his head and quiets his words. "And last night when you called and asked about determining whether or not you're in love...it was all about her, wasn't it? You think you're in love with Yoona?"

I shrug again. "I guess so. I mean, all those guidelines you gave me last night seemed to-"

"But you're gay, Taemin!" Jonghyun shouts, almost hysterically. "G-A-Y, gay!"

"Not anymore."

"DUDE!" he suddenly sounds angry. Like when he's talking to the guys that pick on me. "You can't just un-gayify yourself. It's impossible. You can't just wake up one day and think 'Hey, you know what? I might not actually be gay! I'm ually attracted to females now!' It doesn't work that way, Taemin!"

I sigh, gripping my temples. What do I do? My lies are piling up, and I'm not sure how to continue them. Why couldn't I just tell Jonghyun about Minho? Why couldn't I just tell Appa that-

"WAIT," Jonghyun's voice is loud enough to make me grimace. He then leans in real close to my face and begins whispering. "If it's you need, I've totally got you covered. I know a couple of guys that-"

"What?!" I whisper back at him, feeling anger rise up inside me. "I'm not a ing , Jonghyun! It's not about !"

"Then what is it, Taemin?"

"Maybe I never was gay in the first place!"

He steps back away from me. His expression is as if I had just killed his dog in front of him. I bite down on my lip, wanting to scream. Why did I say that? Why didn't I just tell him about Minho? Why, why, why?

"So, you lied to me. You've ing lied to me all these years about everything. That year when everyone started spreading that you were gay, it was just a rumor that some jealous told his friends. And you never denied it because you were afraid to stand up to them. And that day when I caught you in the bathroom and told you my secret, you pretended to care. You pretended you understood what I was going through. But you didn't. You never had my back when I can out to the soccer team and was kicked from the team. You weren't there for me when I was pushed back down onto your social level. You've never cared. I sacrificed everything just to be your friend, and you never cared!"

I'm silent. Words cannot come together in my head. He's so wrong. He's SO wrong. But how do I fix what I've done? How do I...the truth, Taemin. Tell him the truth.

"Jonghyun, you're right. I have lied to you. But not about all that. I really-"

I look up and notice that Jonghyun isn't listening. Instead, he's shaking his head in disbelief, tears threatening to fall from his hurtful eyes. "So I am alone afterall. I thought you understood, but you don't. So I'm alone. And you know what? I'd much rather be alone than be with someone who's only my best friend out of sympathy. So leave me alone, Lee Taemin. Goodbye."

A tight lump forms in my throat. "Jonghyun, please," I croak weakly.

"I said goodbye," Jonghyun says, turning around and walking away. "Leave me alone."

I watch him until he's completely out of sight. It's only then that my tears begin to fall. As I head home, my tears become heavy sobs to the point that I can no longer walk. I collapse onto a nearby bench and pull my knees up to my chest, sobbing into them. I don't care about what people are thinking as they walk past. them. I just lost my best friend. 

"Taemin?" the voice is probably loud and concerned, but to me it seems far off and distant. Footsteps rush to me, but I stay put, feeling my tears soak through my uniform pants. The sudden warmth to my side indicates that someone is now sitting next to me. My knees are pulled from my face, and then I catch the familiar scent that surrounds the bench. I am then pulled into the warm comfort that is Minho's embrace. I wrap my arms around his neck and sob harder into his shoulder. Minho runs a hand through my hair as I continue to sob, lost in his scent.

"I'm sorry," I whimper.

I lost Jonghyun, Minho. I hurt him. And if you find out, I'll lose you too.

~~~~~

HEEEEEEY GUYS. So, school's a total heartless and won't ever let me update. But I've been working hard on this chapter all week, and I hope you guys like it! It took a buttload of editing. Sorry, it's shorter than usual. Sorry it got a little angsty towards the end. But, honestly, it's just gonna get worse. And some of you like that, you little sadists. :D

Wow. I had so much more to say. But I'm looking at the clock, and it's 1:15 AM. And I feel like I'm about to just pass out. So I should probably get some sleep. If there's mistakes in this chapter, it's because I'm sleep deprived. I'll fix them in the morning. Sorry. ;~;

PLEASE COMMENT. BECAUSE I LOVE COMMENTS. AND I LOVE YOU GUYS. :D