Faithfulness & Choice

Faithfulness & Choice

 

 

 

Music blasted throughout the entire club. Lights flicked and smoke filled out the room.

 

He passed in between dancing and sweaty bodies. Some women who recognized him sent him flirty winks but all they got in return was a polite smile. He made his way towards the bar where the rest of the MYNAME and other friends are already waiting for him.

 

“Seyong-ah! Finally!” Insoo greeted him as soon as he joined them. He sat on the stool of the bar counter, asking the bartender for a mild drink.

 

“I thought you won’t be joining us, hyung..” Chaejin glomped him while Gunwoo and JunQ greeted him with a bump fist.

 

He playfully scoffed. “When have I ever missed your birthday party?” he asked with a grin.

 

 

The conversation went on. The group of  friends caught up with each other’s live. Other people arrived and joined the group. Insoo’s girlfriend also arrived a few minutes later, along with her gal pals.

 

 

The evening progressed.. along with their party. While many of them were already passed out, a few were still sober enough to carry a conversation. After a few more drinks, Insoo turned to him.

 

 

Unlike most of them who are already red-faced due to alcohol, he was left sober and decent-looking, managing to drink only mild ones all throughout the night. And that became an issue of conversation among the friends. That is so not like Seyong at all.

 

 

Insoo sent him a weird look along with Gunwoo. “Yah Seyong-ah. You only drank three shots so far.” He shook his friend’s shoulder. “This is so not like you.”

 Seyong thought his friend was upset because he refused to drink strong alcohol. But what Gunwoo said next came as a surprise to him.

 

 

“Seyong-ah, are  you sick or something?” Gunwoo even touched his forehead and checked his temperature to get his point across. “You stopped smoking.. I get it. You don’t want to get drunk tonight, fine! If that’s what you want. But you ignored those y women who are obviously vying for your attention?” he paused and sent him a weird look.

 

 

“Seyong-ah, are you...”

 

Seyong raised his eyebrows when Gunwoo trailed off. It was Insoo who continued his statement.

 

“Oi Seyong-ah, don’t tell us you’re gay now?”

 

 

And instead of feeling offended, Seyong simply raised his eyebrows at the ridiculous question and stifled his laughter that threatened to come out before lightly punching both his hyungs on their shoulders.

 

 

“Of course not.” he replied with a grin and left it hanging. In his mind, he’s wondering about what his friend had just said. His thoughts trailed back to the main reason why he isn’t drinking his off tonight. And it brought a smile on his face. Shaking his head, he let the matter go.

 

 

But Insoo didn’t. He looked slightly inebriated, as though working on a puzzle he cannot figure out. “Dude, don’t waste your looks and appeal by being ually inactive.” He said, loud enough for people from neighbor tables to look at their direction.

 

 

Oh if only a blackhole could just appear out of nowhere and him in. The other people wore sheepish smiles on their faces as they looked at him with playful and taunting expressions.

 

-=-=-=-=-

 

 

Seyong tiptoed his way inside the bedroom, avoiding making any unnecessary noise as he closed the door behind him. His eyes darted towards the figure lying on the king-sized bed, illuminated by the moonlight seeping in between the silk curtain of the windows.

 

 

Her ivory skin was complemented by red velvet night gown she’s wearing. It was nothing provocative. In fact, it looked so perfect on her. He went to shower then lied down next to her, burying his face at the crook of her neck, inhaling the mellow strawberry scent of her long tresses.

 

 

She slowly stirred and opened her eyes, looking at him with that same gentle smile he sees every night. “Had fun?” she asked and his mind drifted back to the happenings earlier that night.

 

 

-=-=-=-=-

 

He closed his eyes and mentally calmed himself before turning his attention back to his friends with a giant grin on his face.

 

 

“Hyung, ual rendezvous is never the measurement of being a real man. Between you and me, no one’s the lesser. And who knows? Maybe I’m actually getting more than everyone around here gets..”

 

 

He glanced around the club before turning his gaze back to their table.

 

 

“The only difference is… I’m only active on one woman.. while other guys are active with the whole female population…”

 

 

“Whoah!” Insoo patted his dongsaeng lightly on the back.  “Seems like you’re really serious and loyal to Eunyoung now, aren’t you.” Insoo said with a wolf whistle and a big grin.

 

“Girls, Seyong’s off the market.” Gunwoo announced loudly to the other people in the bar. “But don’t worry. I’m still free for you..” the MYNAME’s leader said with a light laugh.

 

 

Seyong shook his head at his hyungs’ antics. He couldn’t really blame them for being shocked with the change. The three of them used to be the casanovas of the group, always out clubbing and partying.

 

“What’s this? What’s this?!” Chaejin, their maknae and the birthday celebrant, asked as he joined the trio in the bar, closely followed by JunQ who’s also already a bit tipsy by then. “Wah hyung! Eunyoung noona is really daebak if she managed to tame you!” the maknae exclaimed as he took a seat  beside Seyong on the bar counter.

 

Seyong accepted the drink Gunwoo handed him and drank it  in oneshot while mentally taking note to make sure that’s gonna be his last shot tonight.

 

“Eunyoung gave me her trust when she allowed meto court her And at that same time, I already made a promise to be loyal.. It doesn’t matter that she’s already my fiancee now, I’m still gonna stand on that promise.”

 

 

He smiled as he the ring that sat on his left hand; the entailment that those woman earlier overlooked as they sent him flirty looks; that one proof that he’s already an engaged man.

 

 

-=-=-=-=-

 

 

He wrapped his arms around her slender frame and planted a soft kiss on her hair. She was all he could think about as he faced those taunting looks thrown at him by his friends when they questioned his uality. And the reminder of her existence in his life is already enough to calm him down.

 

 

For a guy to be faithful rather than to compromise…. That’s a choice that nobody can take away from you..” were her words when he once asked her how she’ll react if he cheated on her. She first read those words from the book she’s reading and she took it to heart ever since.

 

 

That sweet smile on her face and the trust she had on him as she said it… There was not even a slight trace of doubt on her eyes as she uttered those words. And those are more than enough for him to say it now.

 

 

To have this beautiful woman beside him as the Mrs. Kim Seyong in a few months’ time, he surely made the right choice.