Ah, Yes, Good Times

Clubrooms & Weirdos


 

 

                “Hey Minseok,” Kris calls out, looking up from his desk, “you finished getting those permits and everything for that Halloween thingy?”

                “Thingy? Seriously, Kris? God, you’re so ing stu—”

                “Shut the up before I cut you, Tao. Minseok?”

                “Yeah, everything’s set,” Minseok says, pulling out one of his earphones and looking up. “All the other clubs have been arranged in the meeting place for it anyway so I just booked us a slot for the stage they’re setting up.”

                “Good. Kyungsoo?”

                “Yes?” Kyungsoo looks up from his textbook.

                “I’ve got a little assignment for you. There’s a company that manufactures personalized candy wrappers, and I want you to put an order in so we can use it as an incentive. It’s just going to be cheap mints inside, but at the very least they’re not those weird liquorice or cinnamon flavoured ones,” Kris says, folding something up on his desk.

                Tao frowns. “What’s wrong with the liquorice and cinnamon flavoured candies?”

                “They taste weird, I dunno. I’ve never considered them mints. Anyways, here’s the contact information,” Kris says, holding up his finished paper plane and sending it Kyungsoo’s way. It sails smoothly past Tao and Yixing’s desk, only tottering in the air once it reached the beanbag chairs, at which point Kyungsoo reached up and deftly caught it mid-flight.

                “I was incredibly tempted to smack it to the ground just now,” Tao says, staring as Kyungsoo began to unfold Kris’ work, “but now I’m kind of glad I didn’t. That was actually a decent plane.”

                “I can make an origami plane,” Sehun says, throwing his magazine aside and opening his bag up in search of a piece of paper.

                “An origami plane? There’s such thing as that?” Tao looks over in surprise.

                “Yeah, and I can make one.”

                “But is it origami or is it a plane?” Kris asks.

                “It’s both,” Yixing snaps suddenly, turning away from his screen to give Kris a pointed look. “I don’t feel like hearing you guys blow this up into another huge philosophical discussion over whether or not it’s a paper plane.”

                Sehun laughs. “So you do listen to our conversations!”

                “Believe me, I try really hard not to.”

                “Oh yeah, Yixing, since I’ve got your attention now anyway,” Kris says, “how’s the practise coming along?”

                “With the dancing thing?” Yixing points in Sehun’s general direction without looking up from his computer, still scrolling through pdf readings with his free hand. “They’re dancing geniuses. No training needed. We’ve kind of got a lazy formation thing going for the song. Not like the whole song, just the chorus, but whatever.”

                “But it looks good, right?” Kris presses.

                “Good as it’s going to get.”

                “What did you want on the candy wrappers?” Kyungsoo asks, wide eyes skimming over the paper in his hands.

                “Make them black with the EXO logo that Baekhyun created on the outside. Website printed on the inside. There’s a smaller chance people will see it compared to if we were to order fortune cookies but we’re technically giving out personalized free candy so I think that gets the message across.”

                “Done,” Sehun announces, holding the plane up.

                “Fly it here,” Kris orders, and Sehun lifts an arm up and aims, sticking his tongue out of the corner of his mouth in concentration, before throwing it. It glides much more smoothly through the air, but the take-off sends it in Tao’s direction instead, where he reaches up just in time before it crashes into his face.

                “Wow, what the , it’s so intricate,” Tao says, turning the plane over in his hands and studying it. “How did someone like you learn to fold a plane like this?”

                “What’s that supposed to mean, ‘someone like me’?” Sehun scowls.

                “Someone of a substantially lower mental age than your physical age,” Minseok explains with a grin.

                “Hurry up and pass the plane over,” Kris quickly intervenes, before Sehun could fledge the remark into a full-blown fight.

                Tao throws it in Kris’ direction, or more like whips it, because the plane makes a sharp nose dive mid-flight and crashes and skids on the surface of Kris’ desk.

                “Take it easy, don’t kill the thing. Who throws a plane like that?”

                “Someone with intentions of gouging someone’s eye out, I would imagine.”

                “Tao, shut the up before I bite your off.”

                “Wait what—?”

                “Am I gonna get my plane back?” Sehun interrupts loudly.

                “Chill, I’m still looking at it.” Kris turns it upside down and frowns. “What the ? How’d you make this thing?”

                “Skills,” Sehun replies, leaning back in his beanbag chair and folding his hands behind his head with a smirk.

                “You should see if that thing flies farther than a normal plane,” Minseok says, watching as Kris continued to study the underside of the plane with a perplexed look.

                “By ‘normal’ I’m assuming you mean a regular North American paper plane and not the actual metal transportation contraption?” Tao asks.

                “I can’t believe you just had to clarify that with me.”

                “That’s a good idea, though,” Kris says, throwing the plane back over to Sehun. It skids a little too far to the left, though, something which does not escape Sehun’s notice.

                “Hey Kyungsoo, watch—”

                Kyungsoo looks up and over and the plane bounces right off the tip of his nose, eliciting a small yipping noise out of him and causing him to flinch back with startled wide eyes.

                Tao bursts out laughing. “Aw, man, I really wish I’d taped that. That reaction was priceless.”

                “I know a certain someone who’d pay a hundred bucks for it, too,” Minseok adds under his breath.

                “Hold on, I gotta make a new plane,” Kris says, whipping out a fresh sheet of paper and folding it with extreme care.

                “Wait, you’re actually gonna test which one flies farther? As in right now? I was kidding—” Minseok starts.

                “Sehun, let’s go,” Kris orders, standing up with his plane, and Sehun shoots up from his beanbag chair and follows Kris down the hallway towards the open window.

                 “…Aaaaand they’re gone.”

                “Actually I kinda wanna see how this ends too,” Tao says, jumping up from his seat. “Coming with?”

                “You know, I actually have I need to get done, and I don’t know how the rest of you guys manage when you’re always—”

                “Twenty bucks says Kris’ plane flies farther.”

                “You’re on,” Minseok immediately responds, standing up so fast that his chair gets pushed back a few feet with the force of the sudden movement, and he walks briskly towards the door with Tao. “You’re going to eat those words. Asian anything beats everything.”

                “We’ll see about that.”

                The two of them exit the room, and Kyungsoo and Yixing exchange slightly concerned glances. “Should we…?” Kyungsoo starts.

                “Probably,” Yixing answers, and without further ado the two of them promptly get up and follow the others out.

 

—∞—

 

                The courtyard is littered with tens of dozens of paper planes when Jongin makes his way towards the science wing, and there’s a small crowd gathered nearby and looking up towards an open window where the paper planes are continuously being expelled. He doesn’t look up with them because he can hear Sehun’s maniacal laughter and Kris and Tao screaming threats at each other and Minseok screaming over them both and he figures it’s times like these where it’s best to pretend you don’t know any of them, even after they eventually catch sight of him and start yelling out his name.

 

—∞—

 

                “Hey,” Baekhyun looks up from his phone, “my parents are gonna be gone for Cuba for their anniversary next week and I was planning on throwing a Halloween jam. Will you guys be there?”

                “You’re throwing a party?” Tao says in surprise. “Like a legit one? With like a ton of people?”

                Baekhyun frowns. “Yeah, I am. Why is that so weird?”

                “I dunno, computer science just sounds so…conservative. I can’t really picture it turning into one of those crazy- parties where everyone gets -faced and does stuff that people talk about for months afterward.”

                “Hey, computer science people can party too,” Chanyeol turns around in his chair. “You just need to pick out the right programmers.”

                “True enough. Well, I don’t have any other plans yet, so I’ll go.”

                “Hey, we’ve never actually seen each other drunk, have we?” Jongdae says, looking between the others with interest.

                “Definitely not. Except for me and Sehun, obviously,” Jongin replies, pointing his thumb at Sehun.

                “Oh yeah, you guys still need to use fake IDs and stuff, don’t you?” Jongdae asks.

                “I don’t, but Jongin’s got one,” Sehun replies, looking up from his laptop.

                “Can I see it? Where’d you get it done?”

                “It’s not actually a fake,” Jongin says as he extracts a driver’s license from his wallet and tosses it at Jongdae. “It’s my cousin’s ID.”

                Jongdae studies the card in his hand. “Lee Taemin?”

                “Yeah. Besides the fact that our hair’s different colours we’ve been told we look pretty similar.”

                “You know who I really wanna see drunk?” Sehun says then, eyes going wide with curiosity. “Kyungsoo. He totally looks like the kind of guy who never gets smashed.”

                “It’s nothing special, really,” Luhan says nonchalantly from his desk. “Typical cutie-pie Kyungsoo behaviour but dialled up one hundred and twenty percent.”

                “You’ve seen Kyungsoo drunk?” Jongin asks, trying hard not to look anxious for details.

                “He’s done more than seen him drunk,” Jongdae snickers, and Luhan shoots him a glare.

                “Look, , I already told you, nothing ing happened.”

                “What happened?” Sehun asks automatically.

                “The two of them both got -faced at last year’s Halloween party and ended up hooking up afterwards.”

                “WHAT?!” Jongin and Sehun practically scream, while Baekhyun actually screeches this out.

                “Are you ing serious?” Chanyeol’s eyes look like they’re about to pop out of his skull.

                “We didn’t ing hook up!” Luhan snapped, before pausing. “Well, depends on your definition of the word, I guess—”

                “Dude. What the happened?!”

                “Honestly, we did like nothing. We both had a lot to drink that night and then at some point we ended up kissing at the party,” Luhan says simply, like it was no big deal at all and Jongin and Sehun weren’t simultaneously losing their in their beanbag chairs.

                “And then they stumbled back to their dorm together,” Tao adds, a mischievous glint in his eye. “Alone.”

                “Will you shut up already? You’re scaring the kids!” Luhan sighs. “Look, we didn’t have , alright?”

                “But you just said you were both really drunk—”

                “Not drunk enough to and forget about it the next morning. And I’m pretty sure Kyungsoo would’ve been sore and then we’d know something was up.”

                “What makes you so certain Kyungsoo would bottom?” Jongdae grins evilly.

                “Shut the up. We didn’t have , end of story.”

                “So what did you do?” Baekhyun asks, utterly engrossed in Luhan’s story now.

                Luhan makes a face. “We just, like, cuddled a lot. Neither of us made it to our bedrooms so we were just lying on the floor and talking about stupid and we kissed a bit more but that was it.”

                “Did you use tongue?” Chanyeol demands.

                “No we didn’t use ing tongue! It wasn’t, like, kissing, it was like—how do I put this—it was like a super overly-friendly gesture. We were just giggling together on the floor and rambling about what a good friend the other person was and then we got way too friendly with each other. No tongue, no .”

                “...You know, the funny thing is, when you put it that way, I can totally imagine that happening,” Baekhyun says thoughtfully. “It’s not even that unthinkable.”

                “Well, if you were hoping for something that would surprise you, I can tell you how Kyungsoo legitimately hooked up with his frosh leader at last year’s Christmas party—”

                Jongin promptly chokes on air and did not look like he was going to recover anytime soon.

                “You’re ting me, right?” Baekhyun says, unable to react properly out of the pure disbelief over Luhan’s words.

                “I’m not. They hit it off really well during frosh and the leader—he was this second-year, I think his name was like Hyunbin—no wait, Hyunsik! That was it! Yeah, he kept in touch with Kyungsoo and they ended up drunk-ing.”

                There was a pause as this information sinks in. “HOLY ING .”

                “Damn,” Sehun raises his eyebrows, “and here I thought Kyungsoo was as innocent as the Mary.”

                “Looks aren’t everything,” Tao chuckles.

                “Maybe you should’ve held back on that one, Luhan,” Chanyeol says worriedly as he stares at Jongin, who was sitting completely still in his bean bag chair and looking ready to implode at any moment.

                Sehun waves a hand in front of Jongin’s startled, but unresponsive, face. “, I think we lost him.”

                “At least you know he’s gay now,” Luhan says brightly.

                “Didn’t he have a girlfriend for like the longest time?” Jongdae asks with a frown.

                “Biual, whatever, the point is, he likes .”

                “Still lost him,” Sehun reports as he taps Jongin’s shoulder cautiously. “Maybe you should try giving him a different shock factor to distract him.”

                “Like what?”

                “I don’t know, do you guys have any other stories? A really weird one might snap him out of it.”

                “No,” Jongdae interrupts firmly, “no, no, we are not going into this—”

                “I don’t have any weird ones,” Tao frowns.

                “Nothing?” Sehun asks, raising an eyebrow. “At all?”

                “I was in a drunk once, does that count?”

                “No no no no no, stop, don’t do this—”

                “Wait, seriously?” Luhan turns to Tao with a shocked expression. “How was that?”

                “It was pretty ing weird. For some reason the other guy was really into all that crap and he had this bag prepared that he called his ‘magician’s kit’ and he—”

                “STOP STOP STOP I DON’T WANT TO HEAR ANYMORE OF THIS—”

                “I tried the warm banana thing on this girl once after Baekhyun forced me to watch City of God,” Kris suddenly pops his head into the room. “She thought I was crazy until I actually did it, and now she can’t eat bananas anymore. Can you believe that?” he snickers.

                “WHAT THE KRIS WHERE DID YOU COME FROM—”

                “Is everyone okay?” Kyungsoo pops his head into the room underneath Kris’, a worried expression on his face. “Cause you can hear Jongdae’s screaming from down the hall—”

                “DO NOT COME IN HERE KYUNGSOO,” Jongdae gasps, shooting up from his chair and bolting for the door. “WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT COME IN!”

                “But—”

                “DON’T DO IT,” Jongdae puts a hand on Kris and Kyungsoo’s face each and promptly shoves them back out. “YOU GET THE OUT OF HERE TOO KRIS, THIS CONVERSATION IS ALREADY BAD ENOUGH AS IT IS—”

                “He’s alive!” Sehun exclaims as Jongin suddenly looks up, his face draining of all colour at the sight of Kyungsoo. “On the verge of throwing up, maybe—”

                “I can’t do this,” Jongin whispers, mortified. “I can’t, I’ve never, I don’t know—”

                “Ah, , we’re back to square one,” Chanyeol sighs. “Nice going, Luhan, you totally traumatized him back to where he was a month ago.”

                “What’s going on? What’s wrong with Jongin?” Kyungsoo’s voice comes out muffled as he squirms in Jongdae’s grip on his face, still trying to make his way into the room.

                “Yeah, what’s wrong with Jongin?” Kris asks excitedly, enjoying the show and trying to dodge Jongdae’s hand for a better view.

                Luhan gets out his chair and crouches down on one knee in front of Jongin before smacking him upside the head, startling Jongin out of his self-absorbed babbling, before grabbing the front of his shirt with both hands. “Pull yourself together, soldier!” Luhan yells as he shakes Jongin roughly. “You can still do this!”

                “But he’s—and I’m—I know nothing,” Jongin wails.

                “An astute observation, Socrates, but that’s not going to help your inexperienced —pun intended,” Baekhyun snorts. “You should let Kyungsoo mentor you.”

                “Mentor Jongin in—?”

                “NOBODY ANSWER THAT ING QUESTION!!”

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N

Yes today Hyunsik and Taemin got non-visual cameos because I can

I wrote this while watching my brother play Far Cry 3 what a life I live

Thanks again for the subs and comments everyone, you all just put the stupidest-looking grin on my face