First

Overweight, yet Loving You

"Are you sure my hair look fine?"

"Yes yes, now hurry up!"

"How about my shirt? Is too thin? Do you think we'll be outside or inside?"

"Just bring a jacket or something."

"Wait I'm having a mental breakdown, what was his name again?"

"...Kim Jongin."

 

Today is one of the few occasions in which Yun, Baekhyun and Jongin are all free from work and school - one of the rare opportunities in their busy student and trainee lives to meet up and hold a decent length conversation about Yun's diet plans.

Having sat in Baekhyun's car fidgeting nervously with her fingers while he fumbled around to retrieve the parking lot ticket, Yun is slowly starting to feel more and more nauseous at the thought of meeting her new to-be-idol body trainer. Despite having heard from Kyungsoo that Jongin is a really nice person once he warms up to someone - Yun is still feeling unsure about herself and Jongin as a personal dance trainer. 

Will he accept me? What if he never warms up to me? Yeji told me that she met him because she has an Ivy Club photoshoot with EXO scheduled for next month, and that 'the tanned dancer' is really scary when he doesn't smile...

 

"We're here!" Baekhyun announces cheerfully, whistling to himself as he pulls the key out of the ignition.

But Yun cannot bring her own hands up to unfasten the seatbelt, "B-B-Baek..."

"What's wrong? he turns back to look at her despite being halfway out of the driver's seat.

"I...I can't do this."

Baekhyun raises an eyebrow in judgment, "Lee Yun are you scared right now? Of a kid who's one year younger than us? Jongin doesn't bite - he's all talk, seriously."

"But what if I fail? What if I'm too clumsy and fat and things just don't work out?!" Yun's breathing speeds up at the thought of being disliked, "what if he ends up not even wanting to teach me how to dance because I'm too stupid--"

 

"Yun!" Baekhyun slaps two hands against her cheeks in frustration, causing her to whimper in surprise and pain, "Get a hold of yourself! Do not ever try to put yourself down because of your own insecurities."

"But--"

Without another word, Baekhyun reaches across the seat, causing Yun's throat to close up as her heart begins to pound faster at the close proximity between them. Baekhyun's fingers brush minimally across her thighs, before finding the button to unfasten the seatbelt securing Yun's body to the car, and leaning back to his side of the vehicle to exit via the driver's side.

Every little thing that he does, causes me to react in the most embarrassing ways, Yun sighs to herself, before obeying Baekhyun's silently authoritive stare and reluctantly following him out of the car.

 

"Welcome to SM entertainment, what can I do for you today?" a pretty girl at the front desk asks professionally.

"She's with me," Baekhyun pulls out an employee's pass, "we'll be accessing the gym today."

"Ah, yes, Baekhyun from EXO," the girl nods in recognition upon seeing his card, "you have a meeting scheduled with the recording staff this afternoon, but other than that, please help yourselves."

Baekhyun bows respectfully, and then pulls Yun with him to a large room at the back of the first floor.

 

"Oh," he smiles a little upon entering the spacious gym, "He's here already."

Yun swallows audibly, and then follows her friend into the room.

 


 

"Yun noona! Baekhyun hyung!" Sehun's eyes disappear as he grins at the two late arrivals, tripping over his feet but regaining his balance quickly as he jogs towards them.

"Okay children, let's cut out the hugging and do more of the stretching!" a familiar voice barks at Sehun.

"Kai what are you planning to do with Yun? She looks like she's about to faint just from hearing your voice," Lay laughs, pinching Yun's cheeks happily.

"Nothing much," Jongin grins mischeviously upon meeting Yun's eyes, "just starting on lesson one with some basic stretching exercises...I have to train her waist muscles before starting on the dance steps."

 

Luhan looks towards Yun with concern, "How about we show you what dancing's all about first? Have you ever seen dancers in real life?"

The girl shakes her head, "Only on television..."

"Well you're missing out big time!" Lay's eyes suddenly sparkled with energy, "let us show you what real contemporary dancing looks like!"

 

The four lead dancers hurriedly beckon to Yun to follow them, and soon she turns a corner to arrive at an empty room with bare wooden floors, and four large mirrors placed on each side of the walls.

"What should we dance for her? History?"

"But you're not really wearing the right pants..." Baekhyun reminds from the side lines.

"Don't worry," Kai smirks, "no one important is watching anyway."

Rude, Yun thinks indignantly to herself, just you wait, when I become an even better dancer than you, I'll wipe that cocky smirk off your face with my skill!

As if hearing her thoughts, Kai smirks again, I'll be anticipating that day, his expression seems to mock.

 

"Alright, let's get the music started!" Luhan inserts a flash drive into the speaker system, and almost instantly a cool sound effect followed by upbeat-music booms from the speakers.

'Listen, neukkil su inni?

Nae simjangi ttwijireul anha

My heart be breakin’

Yun sits unmoving on the bare floor, staring intently at the swishing, tapping and stepping of the five boys' neat footwork on the smooth surface of polished wood. But it was when she slowly scans her eyes upwards, that a small gasp escapes her lips - their expressions were indescribable.

 

It was obvious every one of them enjoyed dancing to the max; but the way they carried themselves with confidence, and the charismatic glint in their eyes as they timed the seconds before mimicking each other's movements was just so perfect, that Yun finds her eyes to be glued to their forms with unwavering focus.

'I need you and you want me, jiguran i byeoreseo

Every, every, everyday naega mandeun History'

The sound of the adrenaline pumping through their veins filled the room as the music came to an end.

 

"That was brilliant!" Yun applauses wholeheartedly, "I was completely captivated."

"But did you only watch the steps?" Jongin asks seriously, challenging Yun to give him a satisfactory answer.

"Well...although you were all incredibly light on your feet and flexible at the torso...I more or less concentrated on the overall form you took on." Yun scratches her hair slowly, "How do I say this...it was like you owned the stage, and your dance was some sort of summoning of power."

"Good. You passed," Jongin suddenly laughs, "as my student, you should at least have been able to see that the most important aspect of dancing is not about getting the footwork right or the moves on time. It's about having confidence in your body, and expressing the rhythm using your limbs."

 

 Confidence in my body... Yun bites her lip anxiously, that's going to be really hard to achieve...

 


A/N: Hello! Quick advertisement for my new kaisoo one shot 'One Night: Inveigled'. As some of you may remember, the old version of OYLY had kaisoo in it because BaekYun ended up together, but the ending is now changing and there won't be any more kaisoo! Muhahaha so will Baek get the girl and leave Kai to die alone, or will Kai win Yun over and leave Baek by himself? Read on to find out! <3