The Shims

Girly?It's Not That Bad...

“Changminnie!!!!Where is – “

“ In the left closet! I already folded the clothes neatly so you better not mess it up again,noona!”

“Minnie, have you seen my – “

“ In your favourite jacket pocket! The left one!”

“ Ah,found it! Thanks!!!”

“ Your welcome! Hurry up and come downstairs!!! Haeun-noona,wake up!!!”

THUD.

Changmin heaved a deep sigh. This is the usual everyday scene you would see in the morning. Hell,Changmin even remembered the questions that his sisters would ask in the morning so he usually cut them off before they can properly finish their sentence.

Making sure that all of his sisters were already awoke, Changmin resumed the task at hand,cooking their breakfast while wearing an apron. At this,Changmin sighed again. Not that he mind having to cook while wearing a pink and worse,frilly apron. He was used to it. Besides, it was a gift from his sister, Gaeun-noona.

Finishing the final touch on his masterpiece, Changmin prepared the table. The smell of coffee mixed with the sweet smell of pancakes wafted in the air, bringing a satisfied smile upon Changmin’s face.

“Smells good.”

A pair of arms wrapped themselves around Changmin’s shoulder from behind. Changmin smiles hearing the compliment and turned his head to look at the one hugging him.

“Good morning, Sarang-noona.”

“Mornin’” Sarang gave him a light peck on the cheek before releasing Changmin from her hold and taking a seat at the table.

“Changmin-ah, my –“

“Here it is. Your newspaper.” Changmin held out a newspaper readily at his eldest sister.

Sarang blinked then burst into a light chuckle.

“Changmin-ah, sometimes I wish that you’re not my brother so that I can marry you.” Sarang smiled gently as she took the newspaper from Changmin.

Changmin just smirked at the statement. Not that he doesn’t know that already.

“Mooooorrrrninnnnnggggg~ “

Changmin and Sarang turned to the direction of the cheery and energetic voice. The said owner of the voice glomped Changmin and peck his cheek. Changmin almost stumble because of the powerful force. Sarang shook her head and smirked at the scene.

“Minji-noona,morning. I made pancakes and coffee today. Oh, there’s some salad if you want.” Changmin offered.

Minji released Changmin and put her hands on Changmin’s shoulders before squeezing it. Her eyes b in excitement.

“Changmin-ah. How can I say this. You’re the best! I would already marry you if you’re not my beloved dongsaeng.” Minji ruffled Changmin’s hair gently.

“I know. Sarang-noona already said that to me.” Changmin smiled before motioning Minji to sit at the the table.

“Wha-? Unnie! Not fair! He’s mine!” Minji whined childishly as she took a seat in front of Sarang.

Sarang rolled her eyes at the statement.

“Yeah,yeah. Say that to another three that are hunting Changmin’s love,” Sarang waved her hand lazily as she spoke.

“Another three?” 

“G-good m-morning.” A soft voice greeted them.

Changmin felt someone tugging at the hem of his shirt so he turned and saw a blushing, timid Hana that seemed to find it interesting to look at the floor. Changmin smiled before greeting back.

“Hana-noona. Good morning. “

The hold on Changmin’s shirt tightened. Hana looked everywhere but Changmin. She fidgeted a little before looking at Changmin’s eyes directly. It’s not that hard because their height were almost the same. Changmin was taller by a few centimetres than his sister. The same could be applied to his other sisters. The height ran in the blood.

Hana leaned a little and gave Changmin a quick peck on the cheek. By then,her face was already red all over. She quickly scurried to her seat at the table beside Sarang, leaving the dumbstruck Changmin.

“See? Let’s wait for another two.” Sarang wriggled her eyebrows mockingly at Minji that glared in return.

Noises of pure chaos that came from upstairs suddenly ensued, breaking the comfortable silence that had shrouded the dining room.

“I’m late! I am so late!”

They turned to a figure that was rushing down the stairs almost tripping on the way down.

“Haeun-noona, good morn-“

“Morning,Minnie!” Haeun gave Changmin a peck at the cheek before brushing past him.

Changmin blinked before turning towards the dining table to see that Haeun was downing her coffee in one go before rushing towards the front door.

“Noona! The breakfast – “

“Sorry! I need to hand in my project this morning! By the way, the coffee is terrific as ever! Love you guys!” the front door slammed shut.

Changmin sighed before taking his seat beside Minji.

“One more left.” Sarang smirked at Minji.

They ate breakfast in silence waiting for the last person to join them. After a while, Sarang broke the silence.

“Is Gaeun not done yet? “ Sarang ask while glancing at the clock hanging on the wall.

“I’m here,unnie.” came the reply from Sarang's left.

All of them turned to the owner of the voice who was drinking the coffee before shouting in unison, Hana excluded.

“Gaeun, you surprised me! How long have you been there?” Sarang was panting a little after the shock.

“I came down with Hana.” Gaeun replied, face expressionless.

“That long?” Minji stared,mouth wide agape at Gaeun.

Changmin shook his head. Life sure is hectic in the Shims household.


“Changmin,what’s with that pink hair clip?”

Changmin and Jaejoong were walking side by side heading towards their school when Jaejoong asked the question.

“Ah,this. I must have forgot to take it off after finished making the breakfast.”

Changmin took the pink clip off from his hair, making his bangs swayed gently over his forehead. His childhood friend stared hard at his face. Changmin turned to the latter after noticing he was being stared at.

“What?” Changmin raised questioning eyebrows.

“You know what, I think I would fall in love with you already if not because of Yunnie.” Jaejoong turned his head facing forward again.

Changmin shuddered hearing that.

“Please don’t say that in front of Yunho-sunbae. I don’t want to get on his bad side. Remember that Kim Hyungjoong? He took a month to recover from the beating that Yunho-sunbae gave him and after that,he transferred to another school. Man, just because he accidentally d your . Poor guy.“

Changmin hated to admit this but if there’s a person that he’s afraid the most, it would be Jung Yunho, the school president and also the captain of the school’s Judo club.

“That’s because he loves me so much that he doesn’t want others to touch me.” Jaejoong giggled like a sick puppy in love.

“Hyungjoong is your cousin. You should worry more about him.” Changmin muttered before sighing seeing that his childhood friend was in his ‘ Yunnie world’ that he doesn’t want to know about.


They entered the classroom and the girls quickly flock to Changmin’s side. Jaejoong smiled knowingly before retreating to his seat.

“Morning,Changmin!”

Changmin smiled his killer smile that could make any girl weak in the knees.

“Morning.”

A few small talks were exchanged between Changmin and the girls before Changmin excused himself to take his seat on Jaejoong’s right.

“Famous as usual.” Jaejoong teased.

Changmin sighed as he sat down, placing his pink (again) school bag near his feet.

“I would feel honoured if not because of the glares and scowls directed to me everytime the girls flock to me.”

Changmin glanced to a group of boys that were currently glaring like they can bore a hole through him or something.

“Ignore them. They’re just jealous.” Jaejoong assured.

Changmin laid his head on the table with a soft thump and groaned.

“Why? It’s not like I was playing with or trying to snatch their girls.”

The only male friends that he had was Jaejoong and Junsu. Pathetic as it seemed, he was quite grateful that Jaejoong and Junsu were not interested in girls as the boys in their classroom. Speaking of Junsu, he was busy daydreaming again at his seat.

At that moment, cheerings could be heard outside of the classroom. Changmin straightened his back immediately and stared at the entranced of their classroom waiting for a certain someone to show up. He ignored the poking made by the grinning Jaejoong on his side.

Then, the entranced of the classroom was shining ( only in Changmin’s eyes) and a pair of legs stepped in. Changmin’s gaze were locked on their owner’s face. The smooth,porcelain face that never fail to make his heart beat faster than usual.

‘He is shining brightly today too.’

Changmin stared indiscreetly until their gaze locked. Changmin quickly averted his eyes, slight pink tinted his cheeks, embarrassed that he got caught staring.

“Ooooh~ Someone’s blushing.” Jaejoong snickered.

“I do not.”

Changmin denied but failed miserably as the heat grew on his face.

“You do.”

“Do not.”

“You do.”

“Shim Changmin never blushes.”

“Oh, but you are right now.”

“This is getting annoying.” Changmin scowled at the giggling Jaejoong.

Changmin faced the front, tired of having the little quarrel that he knew he would never win when he was against Kim Jaejoong.

He once again stared at the person that always manage to catch his attention unknowingly or not. The said person was talking to the girls that were surrounding him in front of the classroom. His infamous smirk adorned his handsome face. Changmin sighed.

‘Not that I have a chance in the first place.’


I'm really really reaaaaaally sorry for the long wait! *bows* I have been brainstorming since most of you want Changmin as the dominant one. So...yeah. Hahahaha... *scratches head*

Anyway,I know this chapter is short and it's not enough to make it up for all the time that you guys have been waiting. I'm sorry once again for that. I'll make it up to you in the next chapter! Maybe...

English is not my first language so I'm sorry if there're a few mistakes in grammar.

For all the subscribers,thank you very much for subscribing!

Thank you for the comments!

Till then! *waves*