Part II

Young and Beautiful

Luhan was good at waiting. He could wait for hours and even continue on for days. It was something he had learned to do over time. But no matter how much he waited, time still ticked on around him. There was no way for him to stop it. Occasionally he would ask his mother about the stories when he was little. She would remind him of the eleven extraordinary men that he had grown up with.

One that could produce wind even within the stillest of trees. One that could bring water to the driest of places. One that could bring light to the darkest of caves. One that could fly to anywhere in the world and as high as he wanted. One that could produce fire. One that could make lighting strike during a storm. One that could teleport; disappear right before his eyes. One that could make the earth shake like an earthquake. One that could heal all the diseases in the world. One that could make snowflakes in the winter. And one that could stop time.

He sometimes wondered if he thought about the others enough if they would show up like Sehun did. But he only needed Sehun. Luhan wanted to ask Sehun if he had ever heard of the other men with powers like him. He never got around to it though. Most of their visits were full of gift giving and hugs. After his eighteenth birthday the visits turned more intimate. Each one being filled with kisses and small touches. Everything Luhan wanted.

When Luhan moved away to college, he was afraid Sehun wouldn’t visit him anymore. He was afraid he wouldn’t be able to find him. But he was surprised when the first night he woke up to the feeling of Sehun’s fingers brushing their way through his hair. Sehun explained he could always find him, even if he moved across the world.

“When is your roommate supposed to come back?”

Sehun’s voice was hushed against Luhan’s neck as his hand ran down his side.

“He’s staying at home for the weekend. Not until Monday morning.”

College also brought better things for the two. They had begun sleeping with each other and exploring their bodies together. Sehun was Luhan’s first everything and it was the same with Sehun. It made everything better to Luhan. He loved to know that he was the only one that got Sehun’s kisses at night. The only one that got to feel his smooth milky skin against his own lightly tanned skin.

They first slept together the night before Christmas. Luhan had returned home to celebrate the holiday with his family. At first he was upset that Sehun came to visit him. He asked Sehun if he had a family. Sehun answered with a no and quickly shook his head. That made Luhan sad. After the first few kisses though, Luhan gave up on feeling sad and let the happiness of having Sehun with him take over.

Luhan was at the end of his first year at college. He had finals the next week and then he would be free for the summer. It brought smiles and laughs to know he would be free of all the stress and he would have time to focus on Sehun. Only a few months after Luhan’s birthday Luhan asked Sehun to be his boyfriend. Much to his surprise though, Sehun declined. Luhan immediately started to tear up and feel hurt. He thought they were more than just friends.

“I can’t.”

He would say every time Luhan asked him. Luhan never got a different answer but he continued to ask, hoping one time that he would say yes. Sehun told him that he loved him but couldn’t be with him like he wanted. He never fully explained but he promised Luhan that he would still kiss him and hold him like he wanted him to. Sehun wanted it too and he reminded Luhan of it often. Luhan still felt slightly hurt, no matter how many times Sehun told him he loved him.

It was what Luhan liked to call their first anniversary. Even though Sehun had rejected the request to become a couple, Luhan still remembered the first day he asked. He treated it as their start together and celebrated every month secretly. In a few months it would be their one year anniversary.

Sehun had been visiting more often than he had in the past. Luhan was hopeful that he would start staying during the days or come back every night without fail. He didn’t mention it to the other though, fearing that he would tell him otherwise. Over the months he had learned to enjoy what he had at the moment and not think too far into the future.

The way Sehun felt above him, his heat radiating down to him was nothing like anything he had ever felt before. Sehun was soft yet rough at the same time when they had . Some nights were rougher than others and some were softer and more romantic. It all depended on how they both felt that night. Sehun had never forced anything on Luhan, always making sure he wasn’t hurting and it felt good. He was really perfect to Luhan.

“Please stay.”

Those words would leave Luhan’s mouth every time Sehun visited him. They had become routine for both of them.

“No one’s going to walk in and see you. I’ll lock the door and windows. Please, for one night.”

He could see the conflicted look on Sehun’s face as he continued talking.

“Just one night is all I need.”

“But one night will turn into ‘one night’ the next night and the next one.”

Luhan knew he was right. One night couldn’t make up for the years he hadn’t stayed with him. He was afraid he wouldn’t let go if he felt Sehun in his arms as he woke up. But he was also afraid he never would feel it if he didn’t speak up.

“I promise, I won’t ask again.”

Sehun held onto Luhan’s hand for a minute. When he pulled away, Luhan shut his eyes, not wanting to see him go. The light turned off as it normally did and Luhan frowned. Then he heard the door lock. His eyes opened and saw Sehun sliding onto the small bed with him. Luhan wanted to cry. Sehun felt so good in his arms. He almost felt like he couldn’t let go, like he was glued to the man. He was afraid he wouldn’t be there in the morning like all the previous years.

It took him a few minutes to open his eyes. When he did he felt his heart flutter roughly against his chest. Sehun was curled up against him, his arm wrapped loosely around Luhan’s waist. Luhan took the time to admire the other’s features as he slept. His face was flawless and smooth as Luhan’s thumbs brushed under his eyes. The small scar that ran down his cheek was more noticeable in the sunlight than in the dark. His lips were slightly dry with a bead of glistening drool threatening to slip out of the corner of his mouth. Luhan laughed at the sight and wiped his mouth with his other thumb to rid of the drool.

The more he stared at him, the more he realized he was in love with him. Not the childhood love that he had originally but actual romantic love. Luhan didn’t notice the small tears that were building up in the corner of his eyes. They weren’t tears of sadness, at least he thought they weren’t. He was happy but he knew deep down that maybe one day Sehun would grow sick of him. That he would get bored. He could travel the world and visit any time he wanted to. Perhaps he would find someone better for him. Someone that didn’t beg him to stay every night and ask him to be his boyfriend. Someone like the other men.

“Don’t cry, Luhan.”

He was slightly startled by the words. He was lost in his own thoughts that he didn’t see Sehun’s eyes open. There were small wrinkles on his forehead from the concern to why Luhan was crying. He had gotten what he wanted, so why was he crying? Sehun never asked why though. He wrapped his arms around him and whispered how much he loved him. Maybe that was why he was crying.

The summer brought good things to Luhan. He joined a soccer team and was quickly rising to becoming their captain. Every now and then he would look over and see Sehun watching him from the corner. A bright smile and blush would paint his face, making his performances better knowing Sehun was there to silently cheer him on.

After his first victory game as captain, Sehun congratulated him and brought him his favorite chocolates from Paris. They ate together in Luhan’s new apartment alone, legs tangled and one of the blankets from Russia wrapped around them. After finishing his first year, Luhan had requested to his parents for money to buy an apartment. It took convincing but they finally agreed. The home wasn’t big at all, a studio with only the simplest of things. It didn’t bother Luhan though. He finally could be alone with Sehun and not worry about people walking in and finding him.

Sehun started spending more and more nights with Luhan. The blonde could tell that Sehun was having a harder time leaving and found it easier to stay. He would be gone after breakfast until his normal time at night when he would reappear. Luhan finally felt like they were a couple. Everything felt normal for a while. He was constantly reminded the Sehun wasn’t normal but to him, the mornings he could wake up with him there were normal enough for him.

Summer came to an end sooner than Luhan wanted it to. He knew with his heavy work load, Sehun would refuse to take up more time than he should. Soon their routines of waking up with each other would be broken. But he was prepared for it. They had spent more nights alone than with each other. After being with him though, he knew it would be harder than normal.

The first night alone was difficult. Luhan woke up to find himself crying. He sat up and didn’t wipe away the tears that were falling. Instead he cried more. Luhan looked up at the window in hopes that Sehun would come back in when he heard him crying. But when the sun came up, his hope disappeared. He didn’t realize how attached he was emotionally to Sehun.

Luhan had gotten a job at the local bookstore down the street from his apartment. During his down time, he walked to the history section. He would buy the books he liked the best. The ones that talked about China and America. His bookshelf at home was full of all the books he had read over the weeks. Sometimes Sehun would ask which one he liked the most. Sehun would go to the place and era and take pictures for Luhan. He kept all the pictures in a photo album that Sehun helped him make.

The night came that Luhan was waiting for. Their one year anniversary. Luhan never liked calling it that because they weren’t going out. But he wasn’t sure what else to call it. They were a couple in Luhan’s mind.

Instead of Sehun coming through the window, he came through the door. It surprised Luhan for he had never used the door since he had lived there. Luhan had given him a spare key just incase though.

“Get dressed.”

Luhan blinked at the request. “I am dressed.” He looked down at his pajamas, tugging on his shirt lightly.

“I mean, jeans and a shirt.”

He did what the other asked, still confused. Once he was dressed in his day time clothes, Sehun grabbed his hand. He didn’t say anything as they walked out of the apartment and down the stairs. The night was chilly since it was beginning to turn to autumn. Luhan’s hand gripped the other’s tightly and his body pressed against his side, trying to stay warm.

When they stopped at the end of a dark street, Luhan looked around. He had become even more confused and wanted to go back home. He wanted to spend the night with Sehun curled up in bed.

“Close your eyes.”

“Close my eyes?”

“Yes. You trust me right?”

Luhan nodded quickly in response.

“Then close your eyes. Keep them closed until I say to open them.”

After a minute of staring at him, he did what he was told. Closing his eyes had gotten harder over time. It seemed like every time he did close them, Sehun would disappear. Luhan’s hand gripped the others, making sure he was there with him the longer he had his eyes closed.

Then he felt Sehun not there anymore. His hand was gone and there was someone else’s around his side. Luhan started to panic. His heart raced and his body felt weird. His eyes threatened to open but he couldn’t open them no matter how hard he tried. Luhan was scared. Scared that Sehun had set him up for something and now someone else’s hands were holding him. He thinks Sehun has left him.

But after a minute he feels his hand again. The soft hand that he loved and needed was back in his. Luhan realized that the atmosphere around him felt different. He could hear people and smell food. The sun was touching the back of his neck and making him warmer than he had been.

“Open your eyes.”

Sehun’s voice was right against his ear. Luhan nodded and slowly opened them. Around him was a busy street full of small shops and food vendors. The food smelled like nothing he had ever smelled before. By the look, he wasn’t in Korea anymore. Luhan smiles and looks up at Sehun who is smiling back at him.

As they walked down the street, trying to maneuver their way through the clusters of people, Luhan gathers that they’re in Paris. Some of the scenery looks like the kind Sehun described. He spots a crepe that Sehun had brought him for a late night snack once. Then the chocolate eclair that he had on his last birthday. Luhan doesn’t know what time they’re in but it looks close to his normal time.

Sehun stops at a cafe and tugs him inside. The warm smell of chocolate fills him and he realizes that he’s hungry. It seemed to be morning in Paris. People were eating breakfast and reading newspapers all around. He clung to Sehun’s side when he was pulled to the counter. Hearing Sehun speak French was one of the most amazing things he had ever heard. Even with his slight lisp the words flowed off his lips like he had been taught them since birth.

A few minutes later and Luhan was holding a warm cup of hot chocolate and a small bag of macaroons. They walked across the street and over to one of the nearby parks. Everything was beautiful and just like Luhan had imagined. Birds and people were lounging about on the grass, taking in the sun that was shining brightly on them.

The hot chocolate was like nothing Luhan had ever tasted before. It was thick but not too thick it wouldn’t come out the small opening on the lid. It was rich like a warm melted brownie but had a slight creaminess from the milk. Luhan loved it.

His body was laying next to Sehun’s as he bathed in the warm sun. He didn’t bother asking how he got there or why Sehun was able to take him finally after all the years he had asked. Luhan didn’t want to ruin the moment.

“Do you want to see something?”

Luhan looked over at Sehun as he was pushing himself up on his elbows. He nodded and smiled, wondering what Sehun could be showing him. He watched carefully as Sehun lifted his hand up and looked down at a small leaf that was resting on the grass a bit away from them. Luhan bit his lip as he waited. Then he saw the leaf flutter quickly into the air. A small tornado was wrapped around it, holding the leaf carefully in it. Sehun turned his hand slightly and curled his fingers up. The tornado was brought over slowly until it was swirling around in Sehun’s palm.

Luhan’s lips were parted and a bright smile tugged his lips up. In all the years that they had known each other, Sehun had never once showed him the supposed power that he had. But the truth was, Luhan stopped caring about it all once he got older. The magic and mystery of what Sehun was faded away the older he became. Only his presence was important.

But he was reminded of the story. The story that he remembered so well. Luhan wasn’t sure what to say so he continued to stare at the leaf that was circling and fluttering in the small wind gust. So many things that Luhan couldn’t explain. How was Sehun able to travel to places and different times? How was he able to produce wind? Were there the others that his mother told him about? Too many questions and it made his head hurt. Luhan didn’t want to ask them. He was afraid the answers wouldn’t be what he wanted. He was fine without knowing the answers.

They finished their food and drinks slowly, wanting to take in all the air and feel of Paris. Luhan had never been anywhere else but his hometown in Korea. His father had talked about going back to China so Luhan could see where his father grew up. But money was tight and they didn’t have the time. Luhan dreamed of going the places that Sehun told him about. He always said good things. Never any bad things about any of the trips he had taken. It made Luhan want to go even more.

Sehun took Luhan around the city to show him all the things he had mentioned. He saw the Eiffel tower and Notre Dame. He ate the crepes that were being made fresh in front of him. They walked together along one of the bridges that hovered over the Seine. Luhan’s fingers ran over the locks that were covering almost every inch of the sides. It was beautiful.

“I have class in the morning. We should go back.”

The same feeling went through him as they went through the steps again. Luhan’s eyes squeezed shut and his body tensed when he felt those hands on him. They weren’t rough hands but unfamiliar, not Sehun. His body felt tired when he opened his eyes again. They had returned to the spot they begun at. It was still dark as it was when they left. Luhan looked around in confusion, wondering why the sun wasn’t shining or the birds weren’t chirping.

His clock read the same time it had when he looked last. To Luhan, it felt like they had been away for hours, almost a full day. Yet the time hadn’t changed. Then Luhan thought about it. The man that could stop time. He wondered if he had done it. Had he stopped time for him? Luhan’s thoughts were interrupted when Sehun placed a kiss on his cheek as he was sliding into the bed.

“Thank you.”

Sehun blinked and sat up on his elbow to look at Luhan. “For what?”

“For finally taking me with you.”

He stayed silent for a while. Both of them were holding each other close, time now ticking away. Luhan didn’t mind the silence. He liked to hear Sehun breathe against him. Feel his heart beat against his own chest and feel the way his fingertips ran up his back.

“Where do you go when you leave?”

Sehun seemed to be surprised by the question. He bit his lip for a moment before looking away.

“I can’t tell you.”

Luhan couldn’t help but frown. He thought they were close enough that he could tell him something simple like where he went.

“Why not?”

“Because I can’t.”

They didn’t talk about the subject anymore. Luhan had given up on getting answers from him. There was no use. Sehun hushed him and reminded him to not think about it. To just think about how nice it was to hold each other. But Luhan needed more. He needed to know who Sehun was. He felt like he was dating someone he didn’t know anything about. Sehun never talked about himself. Luhan didn’t even know his birthday. Did he have a birthday? He never aged so maybe he didn’t.

Sehun placed the same kiss on his lips as he did every night before he left. Luhan wanted him to stay. He wanted him to hold him longer. He wanted to get the answers to the questions.

“Happy one year, Luhan.”

It made his heart flutter to hear the words coming from Sehun. He didn’t think Sehun was keeping track but apparently he was. Maybe that was why he took him to Paris. Whatever the reason was, Luhan liked it. He had a smile on his face while he watched Sehun walk out the front door for the first time ever. He finally felt like his boyfriend.

                                                                                                                        -xxx-

Luhan was surrounded by a group of his friends. All of them clapping and smiling as Luhan blew out his birthday candles. It was his twenty-second birthday. His party was both a graduation party and a birthday party combined. Luhan was scheduled to graduate from college in only two weeks time.

He was graduating with a degree in east asian language and civilizations. As much as he liked learning about America or Europe, he liked learning about his own home and his parent’s home. There was a lot to learn and Luhan loved every minute of it. Sehun was also a big help to him.

“Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you!”

All his friends were almost screaming the words. They had consumed several bottles of beer and were beginning to get tipsy. Luhan didn’t mind though. He was happy to have good friends to throw him a party. The last year had been extremely stressful for Luhan. Classes were full of large research papers and nearly impossible deadlines. It was one of the hardest school years that he had ever experienced. Thankfully it was almost over.

He was excited to start his life. Excited to be on his own and support himself without the help of his parents. There was already a job lined up for him once he graduated. One that would take him out to research things along side archeologists and anthropologists in Korea. Luhan was excited and couldn’t wait to start his job. It was everything he wanted.

His friends left before midnight, Luhan ushering them out quickly when he realized the time. His heart beat and his palms became sweaty as he rushed around his apartment to clean up the mess his friends had made. Luhan had prepared something special for Sehun that night. Even if it was his birthday and it should be the other way around, Luhan felt it was the best time to do it.

Only a few months before Luhan’s birthday, he decided to do something drastic. He saved up his paycheck for several months and even was late on his electric and rent for a month, almost threatening to get himself evicted. It was all for a good reason though. At least to him it was.

“What are you looking for today?”

The woman behind the counter was smiling brightly as she laid her eyes on a potential customer.

“I’m looking for an engagement ring.”

She smiled even brighter and clapped her hands. “Congratulations! Who’s the lucky girl?”

Luhan blushed at the statement. He knew that it wasn’t exactly acceptable to be gay in Korea yet. More of a don’t ask don’t tell sort of thing. He never felt ashamed to be in love with a male. During high school and even in college he had friends that were gay. It didn’t bother him at all. What bothered him was other people not being able to see that one could be happy with anyone, no matter the gender.

“Just someone i’ve been in love with since I was little.”

“That’s adorable! Do you have a price range for today?”

He watched as she leaned her elbows on top of the glass cases. There were at least two hundred maybe three hundred different rings. Some with large sparkling diamonds and others with smaller ones with different colored stones around it. Luhan’s head hurt from trying to pick out something.

It took him almost two hours to pick the perfect ring out. He wondered if Sehun would mind that he got him a ring that was meant for a girl. He made sure to pick out one that didn’t have any large flashy stone and that looked more like a man’s ring. Buying two wedding rings for two men were out of the question. The band was larger than most of the rings in the glass. A small diamond was in the middle of it followed by smaller ones on both sides. It sparkled and shimmered under the lights. Luhan knew it was the one. He could imagine holding Sehun’s hand with it on, the cold band tickling his fingers.

Luhan thought about waiting for their fourth year together. He didn’t want to wait any longer though. The ring had already been hidden in his home for months and it was getting harder every time he saw Sehun to hide it any longer.

The living room and kitchen lights were turned off. Small vanilla candles were flickering away on the dining table along with a few rose petals. Luhan had gotten Sehun’s favorite food; sushi. It wasn’t the most romantic food but he knew that Sehun liked it a lot. The velvet ring box poked out and Luhan cursed at it softly as he tried to flatten it so Sehun wouldn’t question it.

He had a plan ready. Sehun would climb in his window like he did every time. Then Luhan would walk up to him and shower him with kisses along with whispers about how much he missed him. They would hug for a while and kiss more. Then Luhan would bring him out into the dining room to eat. Luhan planned to make love to Sehun for the first time after asking him to marry him.

The time ticked by slowly and Luhan waited. That was all he did. Wait and wait some more. He was used to it and it didn’t bother him normally. That night however, it did. He wanted to ask Sehun to marry him. He wanted to ask him if he would settle down and live together. He though Sehun would be so happy and say yes. Luhan knew that Sehun loved him. There was no doubt in his mind.

Some times it still bothered him that he still was so unsure about Sehun. No knowledge on what he did or why he did it. After the years that passed from the first time he asked, Luhan gave up. There was no reason in trying to pry answers out of Sehun when he didn’t want to tell him. He didn’t want to start a fight. Especially since Sehun could be gone in a flash.

Luhan tapped his fingers against the table. His eyes looked at the time for the hundredth time in the last few minutes. He begun to worry the longer he waited. Sehun normally came right after midnight. No one was crawling through his window though. The clock read right after one when Luhan decided to get up. He walked over to the window and looked out of it.

It was open wide enough for Sehun to come into and was how it always was. He stuck his head out and shivered at the cool breeze that ruffled his hair. The area was clear and quiet, as expected for the middle of the night. Most students were sleeping for they were drained out from studying. Occasionally a car drove by or a cat jogged across the street. There was no Sehun though.

Luhan panicked. Had he finally had enough of him? It was the first birthday that he didn’t celebrate with the other. Maybe he just got caught up in something, Luhan thought to himself. The earlier into the morning it got, the more he realized Sehun wasn’t coming.

His body was slumped against the window. Hands covered his face as tears wet them. Did Sehun forget? No, he never forgot, even after all the years. Had he gotten sick of Luhan? Did Luhan do something wrong? He didn’t know. Luhan didn’t understand. He sat against the wall for hours crying. At some point he thought he had run out of tears. What did he do wrong? Why wasn’t Sehun wrapped in his arms with an engagement ring on his finger?

The sushi was set back in the fridge in hopes that Sehun would come during the day and they would be able to eat it for lunch. Luhan blew out the candles, waiting until the smoke stopped swirling into the air. He left the rose petals, his fingers brushing over their softness. Birds chirped loudly through the open window as the sun rose. The dark rooms became bright as morning started.

Everyone around them was going on with their lives. People on their way to work and students picking up breakfast before their tests. Luhan watched them from his window. He watched for that dark, rich, chocolate colored hair that always looked good between his fingers. He watched for the pale white skin that was almost ghost like. That thin skinny body that felt fragile whenever Luhan’s fingers brushed against him.

He waited. Waited like he had done since he was little. The wind man that was part of his fantasies had come real. Luhan wondered if time was up. Perhaps there was a time limit. Once he got old enough, Sehun disappeared forever to go grant another child’s wishes. It made his heart ache at the thought of Sehun being with someone else.

So Luhan waited more.

 

 

 

 


 

a/n: I didn't think I would update so fast but I had sudden inspiration and decided to finish this chapter and post it~ thank you so much for all the votes, subscribers, and comments as always~ they make writing feel a lot better.