Part I

Young and Beautiful

His mother used to tell him stories when he was younger. Stories of people that could travel through time. Luhan always was amazed and listen carefully to whatever story his mother would tell him that night. Stories that people would go through the timeline and go explore the world. The had the power to go anywhere they wanted, no matter how far away it was. How they would come in the middle of the night and visit small children to bring them gifts from different countries. His mother even went as far to say that they had magical powers that consisted of an element in nature to help them along their travels. Luhan’s mother was good at telling stories and her son always believed them. But his mother was known for lying.

Luhan can still remember the first night his mother told him that story. The first story was of a man that could stop time. When he would go to a place and fall in love there, he would stop the time to enjoy it longer. He could stop time whenever he wanted. If he was tired and didn’t want to miss anything, he would stop it to take a nap. The next story was about a man that could create light. The man was an explorer, one that wore a satchel and had a hat always on top of his head. He would search far and wide in all the caves of the world. He would find many things like new animals and precious gems.

Eleven stories all together. His mother told him a different one each night for the first twelve days. Then she would ask Luhan what man he wanted to hear about. The small boy would jump up and down in his pajama’s after his long bath as he waited for his mother to come into his room.

“Ready for stories, Hannie?”

Hannie was a nickname his father had given to him only a few day’s after being born. It was the cutest nickname and his mother loved to call her son by it. Even Luhan liked it and always wore the biggest smile when his nickname was called.

“Yes, mommy.”

The small six year old crawled into his oversized bed that was covered in pillows and his favorite stuffed animals. A small deer settled on his lap after his mother pulled the blanket over his bottom half. Once the boy was tucked in and the light was dimmed, his mother slid on the bed next to him.

“Who do you want to hear about tonight?”

Luhan’s deer was tucked under his chin and the boy was wiggling it some in excitement. He knew exactly who he wanted to hear about.

“The man with the wind.”

His mother laid back against the pillows and nodded. The man with the wind had become Luhan’s favorite of the weeks. He often requested him multiple nights in a row.

“He’s here in Korea this time. Right down the road.” His mother pointed her finger to the window and smiled at her son who’s lips were parted into an ‘o.’

Luhan quickly sat up and looked out the window in hopes of seeing him. “Why is he here, mommy?”

“Ah, he’s here to see you!” The boy smiled brightly and bounced in his bed. “Now, listen carefully, Hannie.”

He nodded quickly and laid back down. The deer was pressed against his chest, his small hands gripping around it in anticipation.

“The man with the wind listens whenever I tell you stories of him. He see’s how happy you are and decided to come visit. He has things from all over the world for you.”

“All over? Even from America?”

“Even from America. He’s brought the cutest stuffed animals from Japan. The best chocolate chip cookies from France. A small origami crane from China.”

“What did he bring from America though, mommy?”

His mother’s smile got brighter and she leaned into her son. “A big heart to love you with.”

Luhan’s face lit up like it was Christmas. His whole body felt like it was flying on the clouds. He couldn’t believe that the man with the wind was going to bring him all the things his mother told him. He had a hard time staying still for the rest of the bedtime story.

It continued on with explanations on what the man with the wind looked like. His mother hummed in thought and told her son that he had dark brown hair like Luhan’s and brown eyes too. He wore black and white pants with a white shirt and a cream colored jacket. His mother told him that he had a nose that was extraordinary.

“It’s time to sleep now, Hannie.”

“No! I want to hear about the wind man more!”

His wines were loud enough to make his mother’s ears tingle slightly. But it was nothing she wasn’t used to. The more and more her son got attached to the man with the wind, the more and more difficult it was to put him to bed. Luhan often fought and said he wasn’t tired.

“Then just close your eyes and stay quiet.”

A kiss would be placed on his forehead, his bangs being pushed up slightly. Once his mother left, Luhan would pout and hold his stuffed animal closer to him. No matter how much he fought his mother about not being tired, he seemed to always fall asleep only minutes after she would leave. Luhan always dreamt of the man with the wind. He dreamt of him coming through his window and inviting him to see the world with him. Seeing everything the world had to offer.

Luhan was up before his parents the next day. He was starting his first day of school and he was more than excited. When the boy got out of his bed, his feet slipped into his deer slippers and shuffled to his bathroom to ready himself for his big day. When he returned back to his room, he noticed something on his windowsill. The boy shuffled over, his mouth wide in surprise. Sitting carefully on his windowsill were three things; a small deer keychain that had a bright red ‘A+’ written on it chest, a light blue paper crane that could be held in his palm, and a napkin that held a delicious looking cookie.

“Mommy! Mommy!”

His mother stirred quietly in her bed at the over excited Luhan. “What is it, darling?”

“The wind man came!”

The two were soon walking back to Luhan’s room, Luhan’s small hand gripping onto his mothers. When they entered the room, the small boy let go of his mother’s hand and ran over to the window, pointing to the things that were still sitting peacefully.

“Look! Everything you said he would bring me!”

“Luhan, what did I tell you about going in the cookie jar. You know you’re not supposed to.” His mother walked over to the boy and grabbed the cookie, wrapping it up in the napkin. “And that’s very cute how you found your things and set them up there.”

“I didn’t do it! The wind man gave me these!”

Before he could say anymore, his mother picked up the boy and held him on her side. “Let’s go get you breakfast for your big day.”

Luhan nodded and gripped his mother’s nightshirt and watched the windowsill as she carried him out of the room. Breakfast was a bowl of cereal in Luhan’s favorite blue bowl. He ate loudly as he watched his father come down the stairs, ready and dressed for work.

“Daddy! The wind man came last night!” The boy swung his feet on the stool, his toes brushing against the cabinet.

“Did he? That was nice of him.”

His parents shared kisses and Luhan finished off his cereal and glass of orange juice. His father came over and brushed his hands through the boy’s hair, wishing him a good first day at school. He smiled at his father and waved goodbye to him as he went to work. After Luhan was satisfied with his breakfast, he slipped off the stool and ran upstairs to his room.

A set of clothing had already been picked out for him and was resting on his bed neatly. He slipped them on and looked in his mirror to make sure they looked good on him. His backpack was put on his shoulders. The light blue looking good against his white shirt. Luhan let out an ‘oh!’ when he saw the gifts that were still seated on his windowsill. He grabbed the keychain and hooked it on his backpack with ease, smiling at how it looked. The crane was set on his nightstand, making sure the head faced him when he would be in bed.

“Hannie! Time to leave!”

Throughout the day all the children complimented on how good Luhan looked. They were amazed at the small keychain that was hanging off his backpack. Luhan almost sparkled with happiness and felt special to have such a popular keychain. He was excited that he had made so many friends in such a short time.

“Wow! Where’d you get this, Hannie?”

Luhan sat up tall and looked the boy right in his eyes and smiled. “The wind man brought me it last night when I was sleeping.”

His new friends were amazed and wanted to hear more about the wind man, hoping they would bring him gifts as well. Luhan quickly shook his head in protest. “No! If I tell you then he’ll forget about me.”

After some whining and complaining, the teacher came over and told them it was time to clean up and go take a nap. Naps were one of Luhan’s favorite things. He always found great pleasure in getting an hour more of sleep. Especially with the wind man on his mind. He took the deer keychain off his backpack and held it tightly against him as he slept.

The day flew by after his nap. The last lesson of the day was art. Luhan enjoyed finger painting and playing with crayons, even if he did sometimes grip them too hard and they would break in half. Their project was to draw the person they admired the most. Almost all the students drew small stick figures of their parents. Luhan thought about what to draw for a few minutes before deciding on the person.

“Who’s that, Luhan?”

“The wind man.”

His teacher was confused and kneeled down next to him. “And who’s the wind man?”

Luhan gripped the paper and held it up a bit, tilting it so his teach could see properly. “He can travel through time and he left me gifts. Like the keychain I got. He brought me that from Japan.”

Once the day was over, Luhan waited in the classroom for his father to come pick him up. When he saw the familiar suit he shot up from his seat and ran to him, hugging his leg and tugging on it lightly. He listened as the teacher told him what they had done for the day and how well Luhan was behaved. His father responded by saying that Luhan was normally an angel. One thing he did notice though was his teacher telling his father about the imaginary friend that he had. Luhan guessed that it was the wind man and a pout was on his face for the rest of the way home.

Dinner was the same as usual. His mother asked how his day was along with other questions about the school. After dinner his pout started to go away as he watched TV while his mother prepared his bath. Luhan’s favorite show was on; one with lots of singing and dancing. He happily popped off the couch and started dancing along to the people on the screen. Luhan sung along while he danced, showing his father how well he could do the two together.

Soon after the show was over his mother called him into the bathroom. Luhan happily giggled when he stepped into the tub, the warm water covering his body. He closed his eyes tightly when his mother washed his hair, not wanting the shampoo to get in. Small toys and a large rubber duck circled around the tub as his fingers tapped the top of the water.

“Who do you want to hear about tonight?”

“The wind man!”

Luhan bounced on his bed, messing his pillows that his mother had set up after he left for school. She shook her head and laid down next to her son.

“Let’s talk about one of the others.”

A large pout pulled down Luhan’s lips at his mothers words. “No! Mommy! The wind man! He might bring me more presents if you talk about him more.”

His mother sighed softly and nodded, giving into the request of her young son. They laid together for almost an hour. Luhan held his keychain tightly and occasionally looked over at his origami crane. He was convinced that the wind man would come by again in the night and leave him other things.

Once his mother left after wishing him a good night, Luhan turned the light back on and shuffled over to the window. He made sure to keep an eye out for his parents or he would surely get in trouble for being out of his bed. The window was low enough that he could just barely see out of it. It was slightly cool from the night breeze. Luhan wondered if it was the wind man making it.

He didn’t remember falling asleep. His head was against the wall and his body had slumped down to the floor. Luhan stirred lightly as hands lifted him up. He kept his eyes closed, only slightly coming out of sleep while he was being carried to his bed. The light was turned off and the blankets were tucked around the small boy. A hand reached out and adjusted the paper crane that had been hit by the sleeping boy’s feet.

Luhan made a small noise before his eyes opened. They blinked a few times to clear the sleepiness out of them. His hand went up and rubbed them before he decided to look around. There was a small hushed sound next to him that made Luhan’s head turn.  His eyes winded as he saw a man standing next to him.

The little boy started to panic before he realized how the man was dressed. Black and white pants clung to his legs in the perfect way. He had a white shirt with a long cream colored cardigan that hung over him gently. Then there was the big buckle looking item that hung on his cardigan. Luhan’s lips parted as he focused on it, admiring on how it looked like a tornado to him.

“Wind man?”

His voice was quiet and timid for he was scared he would wake up his parents. The man nodded and gave him a smile. Luhan’s arms reached up and wrapped around the man’s neck, pulling him down into a hug. The man laughed quietly against Luhan’s head. He pulled back and Luhan pouted.

“Did you bring me anything?”

The man nodded and reached into his pocket. Luhan sat up to try and get a peek at what he was pulling out. Resting in his hand was a small heart that was cut out of red paper. He blinked and grabbed the man’s hand to get a better look at the object resting in his hand. It was a small paper heart. Then he remembered what his mother had said to him the night before. The heart from America to love him with.

“What’s your real name, wind man?”

Luhan had been tucked back into bed by the man. The new paper heart was resting next to his origami crane on the nightstand.

“You can call me Sehun.”


-xxxx-


“Luhan! Get out of bed right now!”

He groaned at his mother’s voice that was echoing through the hallway and into his room. His hand rubbed at his face as his pillow was pushed off his head and nearly off the bed. The clock read almost eight in the morning. Luhan groaned and rubbed his face against the sheets before pushing himself up, knowing he was going to be late if he didn’t get up.

There were clothes thrown around the floor and some even hanging on his mirror. Luhan shifted through his dresser and pulled out what looked like clean jeans and a sweater. He got himself ready for school in only a few minutes. The clock was turning right to quarter of when he grabbed his backpack and jogged out of his room and down the stairs.

“You need to start going to sleep earlier, Luhan.”

“Sorry, sorry. Sehun came last night again and I haven’t seen him in a while.”

Luhan grabbed a granola bar from the cabinet when he heard his mother groan. “I thought you got over that. You’re almost eighteen now.”

It was about the tenth time he had heard his mother complain about Sehun. She still believed that he was fake. No one had ever seen Sehun. He always came in the middle of the night and was quiet. Sehun was busy most of the days doing whatever he was doing and was only free at nights. That’s when he would visit Luhan.

Ever since the first meeting, Sehun had come back and visited Luhan often. For the first few years, Luhan was still a child and would ask questions about child places. As the years went by however, they begun talking about other things. Sehun would help Luhan do his homework or they would watch a movie together. What Luhan loved the most about the man was that he never aged. No matter how many days and years went by Sehun was still the eighteen year old.

Occasionally Sehun would bring gifts from a different country or even things from Korea that he hadn’t seen before. Luhan had a box of his most precious gifts. Some times he would ask for specific things like food or clothes. But then other times Sehun would surprise him with little trinkets he could put around his room.

“He’s not fake.”

The sentence was a mumble as he took a bite out of the granola bar. It bothered him that no one believed him. He had the items to prove it, prove that Sehun was coming to visit him. Yet because no one had ever seen him, they never believed him. His parents thought he was still a childhood imaginary friend, seeing as he started talking about him at the young age of six. Even though the first night Luhan thought that Sehun was just a dream like he normally had. But when Sehun returned the next night and the nights following it; he knew he was real.

Luhan pushed his way out the front door and headed down the sidewalk quickly. His anger was washing away by the time he arrived at school. It was his eighteenth birthday the next day. His friends greeted him with a cupcake and a few presents. The next day was a Saturday and because Luhan didn’t want to have a party, he convinced his friends to just do something for him at school.

The day went by fast but not fast enough for Luhan. He knew that Sehun would visit him again to celebrate his birthday. Thankfully the homework wasn’t much and he finished it in his last free period before he left school. He hugged his friends goodbye and headed home, wanting to relax and do nothing for the rest of the day.

His backpack hit the couch with a thud due to his books. The small deer keychain hung off the couch and swayed back and forth lightly. His parents weren’t back from work yet and he decided he would finish his homework then take a nap until dinner.

“Do your friends have anything planned for tomorrow?”

Luhan slowly a dumpling into his mouth as he shook his head. “I don’t want a party or anything so no.”

“Well don’t stay up to late. Your father and I have something planned for you.”

He looked up at his mother and then over at his father. Luhan set his chopsticks down and wiped the corner of his mouth with his napkin. “Sehun’s coming tonight and we’re celebrating my birthday.”

There was a look of annoyance on both of his parents faces after Luhan finished his sentence. It was a familiar look that they got whenever Luhan mentioned Sehun. He rolled his eyes and pushed his plate forward and stood up. His appetite had left and he was getting angry.

Around midnight was when he heard the rustling outside his window. Luhan sat up and smiled when he saw Sehun stepping through.

“Hey.”

Luhan’s lips curled into a smile when he saw the bags that Sehun was holding in his hands.

“Hey, birthday boy.”

They both smiled and laughed at each other. Unlike the first time, Sehun was wearing a pair of jeans and a sweater. Luhan slid out of bed and closed his door making sure it was locked before he moved away. A new, more comfortable set of clothes was given to Sehun.

“No looking yet!” Sehun whined and hit Luhan’s side lightly when he tried to look through the bags.

“Sorry! I’m nosey.”

Luhan his fingers free of chocolate as the two sat together on the bed. Sehun had brought him one of the finest chocolate sets from Paris. The other always was good at picking out chocolates. Some times he even called himself a chocolate expert. Once the box was almost finished, Luhan laid back and stretched his legs out, his toes wiggling slightly.

“I can’t believe it’s been twelve years already.”

Sehun nodded in agreement, biting down on the last piece of chocolate. His tongue pushed out of his mouth and swiped. “It’s been a really long time.”

“You’re not sick of me yet?” The blonde boy tilted his head, rubbing his cheek on his shoulder and looked over at the other.

The years that had passed had been full of excitement and happiness between the two. At first Sehun would visit every night without fail. Though after the first year he had to cut back. The times they saw became less and less. Sehun would only come once a month and it had been that way ever since. Luhan’s birthday was a different story and he always made an extra visit for it.

“Of course not. I don’t think I could ever get sick of you.”

Luhan smiled, knowing he could never get sick of Sehun either. The two were extremely close. He was everything to Luhan. He was always excited to see the other when he came. The two would always laugh and smile together. Sehun never failed to cheer up Luhan if he had a a bad day. They were best friends.

“What else did you get me?”

The rest of the bags were dumped out on the bed. Clothes and smaller items scattered down against the sheets. Luhan shifted through them all and smiled. Sehun seemed to always know what to get him. The other urged him to try on all the clothes he had gotten for him. Luhan put on a small fashion show for Sehun. His hands would clap together and he would laugh and smile brightly, showing how there would be small creases on the corner of his eyes.

“Where did you go today?”

“Egypt.”

Sehun turned off the light and slid next to Luhan on his bed. All the presents were seated on the floor up against the nightstand. His side was pressed against Luhan’s and his foot tapped against the other’s.

“I watched them build the pyramids.”

“No way! How was it?”

There was interest in the history field once he got to high school. Ever since he met Sehun he had been given things about history. Sehun would tell him about every single trip he went on and every place. He couldn’t help but be amazed by all the things the world had to offer. Sehun was also more than happy to help Luhan with his studies and found it fun to go around and look for questions he couldn’t figure out.

“Really amazing. I even helped put a block on.”

Luhan’s lips parted then quickly turned into a smile. “Do you think i’ll ever be able to come with you?”

It felt like he had asked the question many times before and always got the same answer. Sehun shook his head no before letting a frown pull his lips down. He had explained it when Luhan first asked about traveling with him. Not wanting to ruin the fun they were having, Sehun quickly changed the topic.

“Is there anything really special you want for your birthday?”

Luhan had thought about it for a while. He had thought about it the last few birthday’s he had. He his side and wrapped his arm around Sehun’s waist. The other returned the action, his own arm wrapping around the blonde and pulled him closer.

When Luhan turned sixteen was when he realized he liked Sehun. There was a few months when Sehun was unable to come visit him. The months were horrible for him. Not having his best friend with him daily was hard enough but not seeing him for a few months hit harder than he imagined it to. There was worry with him almost everyday. He worried that one day Sehun wouldn’t return to see him.

Sehun had told Luhan that he may have to be away for long periods of time. Some times he had to help others and couldn’t return as fast as he wanted to. Luhan’s biggest fear was not being able to see him again or that he would forget about him.

“Can I have a kiss?”

He felt his cheeks heat up after the words left his lips. Luhan had never been kissed before. There were several girls that had wanted to kiss him and tried to. But Luhan always told them no because he liked someone. His friends never believed him about Sehun either. It was hard to talk about a person that no one else had seen before. Luhan could have been in a relationship months ago with one of the many girls that had tried to win his heart over. He didn’t want any of them though.

Luhan didn’t want to look over at Sehun. He was scared there would be a look of disgust on his face. The fear left when the other grabbed his chin with his fingers and tilted his head so his eyes met his. Slowly, their lips met together. It was the most gently meeting that Luhan had ever experienced. Sehun’s lips were soft and still had the hint of chocolate on them. The way they felt against his was everything he had imagined.

Sehun was the one that pulled away first. The blonde was glad when he saw the same pink that was covering the other’s cheeks that was covering his. It made it feel more real. After all the years that they had known each other, Luhan knew he was finally falling for his friend.

“How old are you again?”

They both laughed, knowing Sehun was joking. He wasn’t joking about the seventeen other kisses that were planted to his lips afterwards. One for each year was Sehun’s explanation.

When three in the morning came, Sehun stood up. Luhan’s hands grabbed onto his shirt lightly. He mouthed the word ‘stay’ to him even though he knew the answer. He never stayed. Luhan watched as he changed out of his clothes and pulled his own back on. Another kiss was placed against his. Those lips were something that Luhan never wanted to leave. But they had to.

“I’ll be back soon.”

He nodded and gripped the stuffed bear that Sehun had brought him from China a couple of moths before. It was his valentines day gift; a beautiful white bear that was softer than most baby toys. Big enough to cuddle with but not big enough to take up much space on his bed. He had named it Sehun. At first he thought it was stupid and corny but the more he called the bear it, the more he realized he liked it. It was his replacement Sehun for when the real one would not visit for weeks at a time.

There were days where Luhan only stayed in his room and looked at all the things Sehun had given him. Handwritten letters on multicolored paper, bells and a porcelain panda that rested on top of his dresser, homemade blankets and much more. Everything he received was something that was treasured. There was never anything that Luhan didn’t enjoy.

At first he had to admit he was confused and scared on how Sehun was able to travel through time. He didn’t believe it at first, like anyone would have. The more time went by though, the more he learned to just let things go as they did. Sehun was still Sehun whether he could really travel through time or not. But there were things that he would give Luhan that he knew came from different areas of the world. The childhood fascination had worn off. The only thing Luhan was really fascinated by was Sehun himself and the fact that he never would age.

Many times he had asked Sehun if he would still be around when he was fifty or when he was even ninety. His answer was always yes. That was something that Luhan wanted to happen. He wanted Sehun to be there forever. So he waited like always.

 


a/n: so i've decided that this will most likely be a three-shot perhaps a four-shot depending on how the last chapter goes~ I recently got into Doctor Who and it made me want to do a Time-traveler!AU. I hope you enjoy~ thanks for the subscriptions, comments, and votes~ :) they make me really happy.