Memory

The Sad Life of a Fangirl

 

Cha Mi Yong gave me a bright smile, "I'm so happy! Thank you very much!" he exclaimed. I gave him a smile, "You're welcome.”


"Everyone! Gather around, Jinseong is going to tell us about the play!" I heard Yeonrin's voice clear across the room. Miyong and I both stood up, and walked over to the group of students sitting in the center of the room. "Ah, Minhyo, sit here," Yeonrin said, tugging on my arm. "Okay," I said with a small laugh. I waved at Miyong, and he returned it with a smile.

 

"To start off the announcement, I'll introduce the Director of the play, who is coming from some work from overseas," Jinseong started. One guy rose his hand, "Is it that big of a deal that they get a Director from overseas?" he asked. Jinseong nodded, "It's a special program," he answered. Everyone nodded in return. "Continuing from where I left off, the Director is... Park Hae Gyo, and the theme of the play is 'Lost a friend, Gain a Lover'," Jinseong stated. Everyone gasped. Park Hae Gyo? I thought, He's famous for recruiting members who have some hidden potential... He even worked with Hongki-Oppa!!~~

 

All around, there whispers were audible. "This is exciting," Yeonrin said. I nodded mutely, day-dreaming about Hongstar. "Oh, that's right. I forgot to ask. Were you able to ask your mom about the trip to Jeju Island?" Yeonrin asked. I froze. "Oh no. I forgot!" I said in a panic. "Forgot what?" Miyong's voice asked from next to me. I slowly turned my head, "... nothing...." I said quietly, pulling my knees to my chest. "Nothing..~" he said, mocking me. He pouted, and pulled his knees to his chest. I glared at him, "What are you doing?" I asked.

 

He smiled cutely, "I'm trying to cheer you up," he said. Yeonrin coughed, "That's nice, but Minhyo... you still need to get in the trip," she said. I sighed, biting my bottom lip, "What do I do...?" I mumbled.“What do you do about what?” I heard from Jinseong. He towered over our sitting figures. I stared up at him, “It’s nothing. I will take care of it.” Jinseong eyed me warily, and turned to speak with Miyoung. “I’ll be borrowing Cha Miyoung for a moment,” Jinseong said before leaving with Miyoung.

 

Yeonrin let out a sigh, “You got Jinseong to talk to you~.” I shook my head, laughing at how she acted. “Why do you even like Jinseong?” I asked, honestly curious. She gaped at me, “Why? Did you really have to ask? He’s perfect!” I shook my head, laughing at my best friend. "Still... what are you going to do?" she asked. I shrugged, letting out another sigh.

 

"Why don't you call her and ask her?" Yeonrin suggested. I nodded my head confidently, "I will!" I stood from my spot, gaining some courage. I suddenly sank back to the ground again. "What happened? I thought you were going to call her?" Yeonrin asked. "What if she says no?" I mumled. "It doesn't matter! Just ask already!" Yeonrin said. "But~" Yeonrin cut me off.

 

"You will never know if you dont ask. Tomorrow's the last day to turn in the money for the trip, so ask right now," Yeonrin said sternly. I stood once again, "Okay." Yeonrin called for me, "Minhyo!! Fighting~!!" I smiled at her, and walked outside to call my mother.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo~" my mother answered. "Annyeong, Omma. I have a question," I said, feelig nervous. "Yes? What is it, Miyoung?" she asked. "May I... May I go to Jeju Island for a class trip?" I asked. There was short pause. "When is it?" I heard my mother ask. "It's in a week. Tomorrow is the last day to turn in the money," I said. 

 

She thought for a moment. "Hmmm.... Alright, as long as Yeonrin will be there," she said. I smiled brightly, "Really, Omma?! Really?!" I heard her laugh, "Yes, yes. Now go back to class." I said goodbye, and hung up. I almost couldn't hold in my happiness. I walked back into the room, and over to Yeonrin. "Well? What did she say?" Yeonrin asked.

 

"She said yes!" I squealed. "Really? She's actually letting you go to Jeju Island?!" Yeonrin asked in awe. I nodded, "As long as you are able to go, then I get to go." She smiled at me, "Of course I can go. Appa said he'd pay for me." I smiled at her, and sat back down next to her. "So... are you going to finish watching any shows with Lee Hongki in it?" Yeonrin asked. "Of course. I need to celebrate," I said, pulling my phone out. 

 

As I sat there watching the last few episode of We Got Married, a sudden wave of sudden rushed over me. I wasn't exactly sure why, but I had a weird feeling. This feeling brought back the one Memory I'd thought I'd forgotten.

 

 

(A/N: It's been too long. :( I'm extremely sorry. )