Little Things

My Very Own Romeo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
JULI'S POV

 

The next few days I found myself calling in sick for work. I didn't feel like seeing anyone, nor did I even have the strength to pull myself out of bed. Kyuhyun has been coming home super late and leaving super early that I can barely even catch a glimpse of him before he shuts the front door. Everything was a struggle. Eating, sleeping, getting up, breathing. Everytime I called in sick, Henry and Ryeowook would insist that they come over and take care of me, or send one of the guys. They once sent Sungmin to go and find out where I lived. Apparently, he spent 3 hours driving around Seoul. i felt awful for making him search for me but was not in the mood to see anyone except for Kyuhyun.

 

Today was no different from my usual schedule the past days. I picked myself up and forced myself to the kitchen where a tub of mint chocolate chip ice cream was calling my name from the fridge. I grab the biggest spoon I could find from the drawer and make my way to the living room where on the couch lay the Romeo and Juliet book I had forgotten about. I pick up the book and I swear dust came out from the pages. It has been awhile since I've read it since I have been so caught up with Kyuhyun lately. I open to the page where my pressed rose bookmark was.

 

JULIET 

They are but beggars that can count their worth; But my true love is grown to such excess I cannot sum up some of half my wealth.     ROMEO    Amen, amen! but come what sorrow can, It cannot countervail the exchange of joy That one short minute gives me in her sight: Do thou but close our hands with holy words, Then love-devouring death do what he dare; It is enough I may but call her mine. 

 

As Juliet and Romeo exchanged vows, memories flooded back.

 

"Oppa!! What are you doing?" I laughed as Kyuhyun bent foreward on his knee holding out a candy pop ring. He had won it from a crane machine at the movie theatre, thanks to yours truely. "Marry me?" He smiled widely, making me laugh at how serious he sounded. "Oppa, you know I love you, but not now." I playfully hit his shoulder. He's used to this "rejection" considering he asks this question atleast once or twice every two weeks. Last time, instead of a candy pop ring, he had a metal ring that he pulled off of his soda can. "Well, when time comes will you marry me? Or atleast when I get a real diamond ring for you?" He got off his knees and brushed off the dust that collected. He pulled my face close, "well?" I smiled cheesily, as he pressed his lips against mine. He took that as a yes. 

 

I couldn't continue to read without some tears forming at the edge of my eye, threatening to spill. I close the book and shove another spoonful of ice cream down my throat. The coldness of the ice cream helped numb my mouth, making me cold. At least it distracted from the pain and sadness I was feeling. No wonder girls always eat ice creams and fatty foods when their sad.

 

I decided to turn on the TV and watch whatever was on. Drama, drama, commercial, variety show, cartoon, drama, drama, knock knock....wait what? Knock knock?

 

I turned down the volume to hear knocking at my door. Who could it be? No one knew my address or even where I lived besides my parent's house of course...I walked over to the door and looked in the peep hole. A girl? Maybe she was lost or mistakened the apartment number. I shrugged it off but as I was about to sit back down, she knocked again. Again...and again. Again. Okay, I've had enough -__-

 

I opened the door to reveal a slightly confused girl. She looked awfully familiar. Her long brown hair, youthful face, milky complexion. 

 

"Oh? Juli-ssi? Is that you? What are you doing at Kyuhyun oppa's house?" She smiled.

 

...Seohyun...

 

"Uhm..." I bit my lip. I was usually so good at making excuses but I couldn't think of any this time.

 

"Why are you in pajamas? Do you guys live together?!" Her eyes grew wide, she looked at me, up and down. Oh god, what do I say?!

 

Speechless, I just ran my fingers through my hair. I was about to make up some excuse when she opened .

 

"Or...I probably just have the wrong address?" She slapped her forehead laughing. "You and Kyuhyun oppa? Naw. Silly of me to think so right? I mean you guys aren't even close, right?" She meant no harm in what she said, but for some reason I wanted to rip her arms off and beat her with them. "Sorry, Juli-ssi! I must've mistakened or something. Kyuhyun had quickly jotted down his address messily, so I probably read it wrong. Anyways, nice seeing you! Let's talk some time k?" She smiled and waved as she skipped towards the elevator down the hall. 

 

I closed the door and slumped down sitting on the floor. I curled my knees up wrapping my arms around them. He's faithful, he's not cheating, he's not cheating, he's not cheating...

 

I said it over and over to myself in my head and outloud. If you were to see me in my state right now, most likely you'd send me to a mental asylum. I rested my head against my knees and closed my eyes. Next thing I knew, everything went black and swirls danced around in my head.

 

I stood in front of an old man dressed in a priest uniform. I looked down at my own self. I was dressed in white. The skirt flowed freely behind me, the lace at my bodice created intricate swirls. I look up from my own self and stare into the crowd. There was my family, Donghae oppa's, Kyuhyun oppa's, all my friends and more. They all had big gr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter