1.

"Beauty and the Beast"

Tale as old as time~ True as it can be~ 

"Ok class, today's lesson will be on the classical tale of 'Beauty and the Beast'." Our history teacher, Mr. Kim, announced. You could hear groans of bordness and cheers of wonder. Who wouldn't love this old but never over used tale. A beast falling in love with a beautiful maiden, who also loves him in return. No matter how he may look, his heart is pure that she can see the beauty within. Yes that sounds cliche, but it's the truth of all good hearted.

"Mr. Park, will you please enlighten us on the message of this tale." Mr. Kim, or as few students close to him call him, Joonmyeon, asked me.

After giving the message I've basically just told you, Mr. Kim goes on with the lesson. It's one of my favorites and I love hearing it over and over again, but today, my mind and eyes decided to wonder to a few seats up and one chair over to my left. Because there sat the worlds true beauty, Byun Baekhyun. 

 

Barely even friends~ Then someone bends unexpectedly~

I wish I could have even the smallest of courage to atleast say 'hi' to him when he's near me. We're not friends, just classmates. In fact, I don't even recall him actually noticing me. Ok maybe that's not true, givin my height and overly mature deep voice. But you know what I mean, right? Everyday I would stare at his every feature. From delicate fingers and the way they help his pencil move across paper to the way he does small little dances with his feet listening to his music in classes that allow it.

After class was over, I was the first to leave the class. Coming from my locker, walking to my next class, a couple of bullies knock down the notebooks and binders I had in my arm. They walked away laughing and I was going to be late having to pick up all of it. With my head down, I saw a pair of slender, dainty hands pick up a few books and my blue binder. I look up in fear because I could recognize those hands anywhere.

Baekhyun had his head down, picking up some of my notebooks. I couldnt say anything and let the amount of stuff I picked up drop out of my hands. He looked up and smiled at my suprised face. He never did this before. This had always happened but he would usually just walk by giving me a sympathy glance, and nothing more. 

 

Just a little change~ Small, to say the least~

"Here." Baekhyun handed me my books. I took them, still with the same slow reflexes and stunned expression. He let out a small laugh. I wanted to fall to my knees and die at the voice of his. 

"Why'd you bring all these if we don't have geometry and calculus until after lunch." He laughed at me again. 

"Uh- I. I forgot." I hung my head in shame. Then weight was put on my shoulders along with a, "C'mon let's get to lunch. You can sit with me if you want?" I kinda forgot who exactly I was talking to then went in a small panick. "um- I- uh-" I lost my footing and fell over a bit. I had my eyes closed, certain I would fall flat on my face. I was standing but what the hell was on my lips.

 

Both a little scared~ Neither one prepared~

I opened my eyes to be meet with a unbelievable suprise. I was kissing him. Him! Baekhyun! He was staring at me wide-eyed. But neither one of us dared to move. In my defense, I was afriad I'd make an even bigger mess out of this..and I forever wanted this.

 

Ever just the same~ Ever a surprise~

I waited to see what he would do. I mean I fell on him kinda but he probably thinks I just ambushed him and he's gonna get mad and never talk to me again. Where's that whole to die in when you need it? But he's always one to amaze and suprise me. Being that, he slipped his hand to behind my head, pulling me closer to him. His eyes might have been closed but mine werent. I was internally panickng but I dare make myself pull away from this once in a life time chance.

 

Ever as before~ Ever just as sure~ As the sun will rise~

Getting caught up in the moment, my arms made their way around his small waist. I kissed him back. I'm glade no one would be around to see because of lunch. This moment marks a new day for me. 

 

Tale as old as time~ Tune as old as song~

"I love you." 

"How could you ever?" 

"Because your beautiful."

"No im not." 

"Yes you are. Huge glasses, messy, curly hair, big ears and your derpy smile make you the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. But your even more beautiful on the inside. Your too fun and goofy, pure of heart, clumsy and a nerd."

"Sounds more like insults."

"Only because you take them that way."

 

Bittersweet and strange~ Finding you can change~ Learning you were wrong~

My mind made me think he was too perfect for me. I wasn't every going to be enough for him. I look like a peasent next to him. I was wrong to think it. He's words changed it all. Beauty is only skin deep. His is deeper than his soul. This beast's love will always grow stronger for this beauty.

 

Certain as the sun~

Rising in the east~

Tale as old as time~

Song as old as rhyme~ 

Beauty and the Beast~