Orange Juice Girl

Love Light

Marquita Pring’s POV

Jamie’s radio was blasting Juliet by Shinee and we both were acting just a bit crazy. I was in love with Key and she loved herself some Kim Jonghyun. I would picture myself as Key’s Juliet and squeal in my head when I imagine him gliding the back of his big cold hand across my warm round cheek. “JULIET, OH!” Jamie screamed in response to another driver honking at her because she was swerving in the rode. We both laughed and continued to butcher the song with our horrible singing and bad pronunciation.

We arrived at the meet up and parked beside a car with three boys coming out from it. One was Black, the others White, and Asian. I could feel my insecurities well up inside of me as the boys turn and look at us. They all had faces that would make any girl speechless and I’m sure their voices were even better. I looked down at my thighs and pulled at my shirt to smooth it out across my stomach. I would die if they thought I was fat, at least I’m not ugly… and a girl. I added the girl part to my thought process because at least I had one qualifying quality to attract the opposite .

I finally looked up to see the guys were walking towards the crowd of people that I assumed were there for the meet up. I told myself I could be nervous and scared after this is over, for now be brave. “You ready?” Jamie said smiling. She pushed open her door and walked out, swaying her hips slightly more than usual. I smiled to myself and did the same, minus the unusual hip swaying.

The meet up was located in an indoors-outdoor café. I heard it was intended to make the setting more intimate and provide better chances for a connection.

We reached the crowd and maneuvered our way around to find a seat. It didn’t take long before a waiter came by and asked if we would like a drink. I asked for an orange juice and Jamie asked for water. I scanned our surrounding taking note of the guys who looked like playboys and the ones who looked desperate. There were an equal amount of women who dressed like streetwalkers or clung on to guys because they just wanted an Asian boyfriend. I could feel my hand touch my stomach then my thighs, I was becoming self-aware again and it was making me nervous.  The waiter came back quickly and set our drinks and the table and left. The waiter was not anything special just the standard white guy with no hair on his head.

Jamie wanted to get up and mingle with everyone together but I was becoming more and more antsy.

I was starting to regret coming here but Jamie stopped my thought process with a yank that pulled me clean off my seat. “I really want to talk to someone I saw when we were coming in.” She whined, “Please help me, just start the conversation with him and I’ll chime in.” Her voice was coated in sugar and pulling me in. I don’t know why I can’t say “no” to her and why when I do say “no”, it does not feel like I mean it. We walked over to a tall glass of water. He was wearing glasses and jeans that fit him just right. His shirt was loose enough to slightly stick to his chest but his body was very tone. I swallowed and looked at Jamie with my best “Please don’t do this to me” eyes but she turned to me with a smile and a hug. !, was all my brain could come up with. What am I going to say to this gorgeous man? I am just glad he doesn’t have a ponytail or I would have chicken out. Ponytails are my weak point; they are just so y on the right person. 

When we finally approached the boy I blurted out, “Hi, how are you?” I reached out my hand for a handshake. Really smooth Marquita, a handshake?! Are we doing business together? My mind was insulting me but the cute guy grabbed my hand and shook it. A smile rolled across my face as he began to speak, “Hi, I’m William and I’m fine.” A giggle escaped me which made him smile, and what a smile. Jamie nudged me and I continued, “I’m Marquita and this is my friend Jamie.” He shook his head in a way that resembled the way you would when you finally understand a math problem. I think he finally understood what was happening here. I asked him what he does for a living and he said he works at Whole Foods, which turned out to be Jamie’s ticket into the conversation and my ticket out. The last thing I heard was Jamie talking about how she loves shopping there but going there “brakes-her-bank” and his handsome chuckles. I zigzagged my way back to our table and spotted the handsome three. They were coming to the table but hesitated when they saw me sit down. My eyes were locked on them; I was staring wondering what will they do next. Surprisingly enough they walked right over. I think my eyes got huge for a second, I had just gotten out of an awkward situation and now it seemed I was getting into another one.

 

Kim Jae Wook’s POV

I was opening my door when another car parked right beside us. Inside were two pretty girls but the one in the passengers seat was just so cute. I thought to myself if I were not me I would probably go up to her and start a conversation but, I am me. I walked up to Josh and Michael who both were stealing glances at the girls, “Guys! Lets go.” I said feeling like I didn’t want them to look at her for too long. She already seemed uncomfortable because she was looking down. We shifted our way to the crowd of people and almost succeeded in getting the last empty table before a group of girls surrounded us. I could smell the liquor on their breath as one latched onto my arm and smashed it between her s. I could feel she was not wearing a bra under her sparkling club shirt. I looked at her; she was a small caramel girl; not ugly but at this point, not attractive either. I looked over to Michael who decided to take pity on me and asked the girl what she was drinking. She released my arm and told him Bourbon Whiskey. Her friends also added that she had a little bit of Jack Daniels Whiskey before leaving the house. Michael chuckled the way he did only for women and gave them his kindest smile. They looked like they were melting as he touched the drunken girl’s hair, removing it from her face. “You might have had too much, why don’t you go sit down at your table and eat something. Hmm?” He could never be mad at women or treat them poorly no matter how drunk or wild. He said he is that way because he has seven sisters and he is the oldest and only son. The girls all gathered around him and pulled him to their table, Michael and Josh both pulled me along with them.

Another girl I had not noticed was talking to Josh. Their conversation seemed a little calmer as she placed her hand over and laughed. Josh was as smooth as ever as he told her jokes and talked about himself. He would ask her questions about herself and seemed genuinely interested in what she had to say. She was a shade darker than caramel and had a curve to her body. She had a normal body and the way she held herself made me feel like she was proud of herself. Josh didn't seem to mind, his body was leaning close to hers at this point.

Now that I was free from the drunken nightmare I had time to scan the room. A lot of oddly dressed women and loud laughing mixed together with the smell of alcohol and coffee. My eyes stopped when I saw her, the girl from the car. She looked like she was about to do something she didn’t want to but her friend looked excited. My eyes traveled down to her cup, half full with orange juice. I could feel a smile creep across my face. She was the only one in this place with an orange juice. My eyes were completely locked on her as she got up and moved through the crowd. My smile vanished when I saw her stop in front of another guy. I was a little jealous at this point. But why do I have to be jealous? There is no way I am going to talk to her. I can’t even ask my (very y) female teacher for an extra pencil but I was never jealous when someone else asked.

I looked at my friends still talking, Josh now exchanging phone numbers with the girl. She looked really happy to get his number because she never stopped smiling. I could feel my eyes wanting to look back at the cute orange juice girl but I forced myself to look at Michael who was now full on playboy mode with his arms around two girls and the rest waiting their turn to snuggle close to him. I couldn’t take it anymore; my eyes darted back over expecting to see her holding hands with the guy. I was equally saddened to see her giggling and smiling. Her smile was big and beautiful, all her emotions were written across her face. She seemed realized for some reason as the guy started to talk. I turned around and pulled my hair into a ponytail. I was getting a little too uncomfortable which was making me feel hot.

I asked my friends if we could go find another table to get some drinks, which prompted the girls to whine a little. That’s when Michael took one of their hands and kissed it. All the girls started squealing and shifting around in their seats. We said our good byes and started over to the only empty table left but as we got half way their orange juice girl sets down. As she sits she looks up at us, my eyes locked on hers. It seemed that Josh and Michael noticed that I was interested in her already because they continued to walk closer. My heart jumped to my throat as I watched her eyes widen.