Not again?!

Baby Story

 

*I love it when Kaisoo moments are initiated by Kyungsoo*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jongin’s POV

This scene seemed all too familiar to me.

One on the floor, puking. Another hovering around, panicking.

“Jongin. Go make some lemon water. Hurry.” Kyungsoo immediately took charge and started giving out orders. “Chanyeol, go with Jongin and prepare a hot water bottle. I’ll take it from here.” He gave Chanyeol a little shove before squatting down beside Baekhyun.

By the time I returned with the glass of lemon water, he had already cleaned Baekhyun up and helped him to the bed. He calmly took the hot water bottle from Chanyeol and positioned it on Baekhyun’s tummy. He then propped Baekhyun up and slowly fed him the lemon water. “Jongin, can you help me give Manager hyung a call? We need to see a doctor ASAP.”

Sometimes I didn’t know where his strength came from. He cried at the slightest of things and yet when the situation called for it, he turned into this firm and confident leader when none of us could. It seemed so natural for him to take charge. And I admired him for that. Up till this day, he still manages to surprise me, this boy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyunsoo’s POV

Outside the doctor’s office

Jongin sat comfortably in a seat while I paced up and down impatiently.

“Why aren’t you worried?”

“He’s in good hands.” He just shrugged nonchalantly.

“Obviously you don’t know how it feels like, having never gone through any of this before.” My hands flew to my mouth. The minute those words left my mouth, a wave of regret swept over me. Did I just snap at him? The look on his face was a mixture of shock and hurt.

“Oh my goodness. I am so sorry!” I rushed to his side and slipped under his arm.

“It’s ok, love.” He was quick to say but somehow I knew it still affected him quite a bit.

Before I could say anymore, Chanyeol walked out of the doctor’s office, supporting a more better looking Baekhyun. There were more colour in Baekhyun’s cheeks now and Chanyeol looked a bit…. Disappointed? I wasn’t so sure.

“I know what you are going to ask. No, we are not pregnant. It’s stomach flu. It’s highly contagious so Kyungsoo ah, don’t get too near him until he recovers. We’ll take separate vans; see you guys back at the dormitory.”

At the word ‘contagious’, Jongin immediately shifted his body between me and Baekhyun instinctively. This made me feel even guiltier now for snapping at him. I didn’t know what came over me. Jongin and I had fought before but never anything serious. We understood each other’s viewpoints all too well so we seldom argued. It was hard to fault someone when you could see the logic behind where he was coming from. Actually, most of our fights, if you could call them fights, were mainly sulking and a lot of aegyo. In all honesty, we only had one serious fight. And I still remembered that day very clearly and the hurt it caused the both of us.

It was the period when he injured his back.

The doctor’s verdict was that there was a high possibility that he would not be able to dance again. It was a dark period for all of us but the one who was hit the most was Jongin, of course. Dance was his hobby, his passion, his life. Telling someone who loved dance that much that he might never be able dance again was like giving him a death sentence. In the end, he turned to alcohol for solace. I was hurt that he chose alcohol over me to overcome his problems but I knew how much dance meant to him. I understood the immerse pain he was going through; I guessed I just hoped that it would just be a phase that he needed to get over. I tried my best to persuade him but he just shoved me aside. He wouldn’t so much look at me, let alone touch me. Angry and wounded, I reached my boiling point one day. I decided that I had had enough and I wasn’t going to watch him ruin his life anymore. The conversation was still fresh in my mind.

“What is your problem, Jongin?”

“Why do you even care?”

“Because you mean a lot to me? Because I just can’t bear to watch you ruin your life? Why do I care? Because I LOVE you, Jongin. That’s why!”

“Ha! You say it like you mean it.”

“Because I do mean it! You are very important to me and I refuse to let you throw your life away without at least trying to help you.”

“Who needs your help? I can handle myself.”

“Right, with what? Alcohol?” My smirk must have had ticked something off in him because he threw the soju bottle to the ground and anger clouded his handsome features.

“What do you know? Do you even know how it feels to have something you love so much suddenly taken away from you? It feels as if my heart is ripped out and crushed into a million pieces. Such pain, how could you understand? So you’ll never understand the need to dull the pain. To make it a little bit more bearable. To become numb.”

“Sorry to burst your bubble of self-pity but I do know what you are going through. Can’t you see? I am losing something that I love too. I am losing you. In a slow, agonising process. My heart feels like it is being stomped on every single time you ignore me or push me aside. Aren’t I important to you anymore?”

“I can’t stand being near you, ok? There, I’ve said it. Everything about you reminds me of dance, of my now non-existent career prospects. Dance defines me; it’s where I found my confidence, my pride, myself… And you. Dance brought me to you. Looking at you is just too painful for me. I can’t even stand to be in the same room as you.”

“Weak. That’s what you are. Weak. You are just running away from the problems. Admit it; you are too scared to face the truth. You are just too afraid to give it a try and fail.”

Stunned by my words, he sank to the ground and started sobbing.

“What are you so afraid of, Jongin ah? You have all of us behind you, supporting you all the way. Every time you fall, I’ll be there, Jongin. I’ll be there to catch you, to make sure you don’t get hurt. If you never try, you’ll never know. You have passion and talent for dance; what makes you so quick to assume that you will fail?”

Thank goodness I was able to talk some sense into him that day.

Look at him now. Defying what the doctors believed and dancing again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jongin’s POV

In the van, on the way home

The atmosphere in the van was heavy and loaded with just the two of us and Manager hyung.

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat and my thoughts retained to Kyungsoo snapping at me. I was shocked, definitely. For about a second. Then hurt took over. I was aware that it was the hormones talking; I’ve been diligently reading all those pregnancy books. I saw how quickly he changed from being irritated to apologetic. But I couldn’t help but think that those were his inner thoughts. Did that mean that all along he might have been hiding his true inner feelings?

Then the realisation dawned on me.

No wonder we hardly fought.

He’d always hid his inner thoughts and gave in to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Just a short update. Enjoy reading :)