Soon

Baby Story

 

Kyungsoo’s POV

30 weeks

Staring at the shiny gold band that now rested on my ring finger on my left hand, I just burst with pride. Who knew Jongin would grow up to be such a matured kid that I trusted completely? Honestly, I didn’t remember exactly what he said. In fact the whole proposal went past in a blur. Partly because I was crying pretty hard. The moment he kneeled down on one knee, it finally clicked in my head. He was proposing. Who knew it would be such a special event?

The next few weeks following the proposal went passed very quickly. Relationship-wise, nothing much had changed. We were now engaged but our everyday lives still remained pretty much the same. We were not in a rush to get married. In fact, I was not sure if we would even get to have a wedding. Male-male couples were not exactly considered as socially accepted here in Korea and we didn’t want to risk any exposure of our little family to the public.

Physical-wise, my belly got bigger and bigger every day. It was as big as a beach ball now and I had gotten some stretch marks at the bottom of my belly. They were still quite faint but I had been applying cocoa butter every day to hopefully prevent any more stretch marks.

As for the babies, they were moving a lot more. Jongin and I tried playing calm music for them every day but it didn’t seem to calm them down. In fact, we had begun to sing to them instead. It was nice to belt out song after song for the babies to hear. It did calm them down a little but not so much. Their constant movement still made my entire body sore from all the stabbing I was getting from them. Sometimes it was an elbow. Other times it was a foot. This made sleeping a lot more uncomfortable and the gigantic belly did little to alleviate my discomfort. Now I couldn’t fall asleep if I wasn’t tightly snuggled in Jongin’s arms, with my belly resting on his stomach.

Moving around had been such a chore as well. I couldn’t stand for long periods of time before my ankles started to hurt and swell. And when I did walk, I had to waddle like a fat penguin. The weight of the belly made it hard for me to balance. So I mostly spent my days sitting around. Therefore, it was inevitable that I put on a few pounds. Sighs. I was just getting so fat that I wanted to cry about it.

But a 3D image of the babies made it all worth it. Our gynaecologist was kind enough to transport the entire machine to our dormitory to give us an ultrasound scan. And she managed to capture two images of the babies’ faces. Looking at those pictures, Jongin started to tear before he quickly wiped dry his eyes in embarrassment. All the members, who were there listening attentively to the gynaecologist, immediately started to mercilessly. I sent an image of the photos to Himchan and Yongguk hyung as well. They had continued to be an integral part of my life as I went through this pregnancy. After all, they had given me and Jongin so much help and advice.

Now that I have entered the third trimester, thoughts about the birth and how much our lives would change upon the arrival of the twins were all I could think about. The gynaecologist had given the go-ahead for a natural birth as long as I carried the twins until 37 weeks. Any earlier than that would require a C-section. Basically, our birth plan was set to take place right in our dormitory. Only Baekhyun and Suho will remain behind to help while the rest of the members will leave to give us some privacy. I was hoping for a water birth, having heard so much about how it could alleviate the labour pains. The gynaecologist had made arrangements to come to our dormitory to deliver the babies. Hopefully, everything would go according to plan. Some many things could go wrong and we wouldn’t have the extensive resources and machines that a hospital could provide.

Was I making the right decision?

To choose a homebirth over a hospital one, for the sake of not having our secret exposed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jongin’s POV

35 weeks

As Kyungie’s due date got nearer and nearer, I got busier and busier. Kyungie was practically immobile, not that I wanted him to move around. He was most comfortable sitting or lying down so that’s where he should be. That left all of the last minute baby shopping to me. Birth pool, more bottles, towels, baby powder, baby monitors. I felt like I was running a marathon every day, scurrying around to get things done.

Kyungie and I had also started thinking about baby names. It was definitely not easy thinking up names for them but we settled on Dongwoo for Miracle and Jungwoo for Hope.

The members and I had started working on the babies’ nursery in an empty room right beside my bedroom. We had already dusted all the cobwebs  and disinfected the entire room. Cleaning was never my forte. I hated cleaning. Kyungie was always the one picking up after my messes. I had the tendency to leave my dirty clothes lying all over the room. Kyungie would pick them up and wash them, without me asking. Our bed was always made because he was a neat freak. The bedroom was always clean and tidy and that was never any of my doing. Kyungie did it all. I just hated cleaning. It was such a chore.

But cleaning up the babies’ room sure didn’t feel like a chore at all. Somehow I felt motivated and even excited to clean. Even the members who were helping me were shocked at my enthusiasm. They joked that I ate the wrong medicine but to say the truth, I was happy to clean. Shocking, right? I was happy to be preparing the room for the babies. For MY babies. Doing anything for Kyungie and the boys would never be a chore. Most of the furniture for the room had already been built. The members helped set up the cribs and changing table. The only thing that was left to do was to paint the room baby blue. I chose the colour and luckily Kyungie liked it too. It was bright and had a light and happy vibe to it.

Preparing the room really helped the reality set in. The boys were finally coming. As I painted the walls with Tao and Kris, I couldn’t stop gushing about the babies. I was excited to finally meet them to say the very least. With each I painted, I voiced my excitement at least once. Tao and Kris were so sick of me that they practically rolled their eyes every single time I said something.

 

 

 

“Ow,” I heard Kyungie winced. I spun around to see his face in grimace as he grabbed his belly.

I dropped my paint brush and sprinted to the couch where he was seated on.

No.

This cannot be happening.

  

 

 

It was too early.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Short update^^