Yes

Baby Story

 

Jongin’s POV

Some quiet place along the Han River

Nervous.

Totally Nervous.

I surveyed the area. Not a soul in sight. Phew. Eunhyuk sunbaenim really knew what he was talking about when he suggested that I used this location. At such a timing (just past midnight), it was completely empty and tranquil. Perfect place for my plan. I paced up and down, checking every single detail. Was everything in place? The members were all here, except Yixing who was escorting Kyungie here. What else was missing?

“Calm down, Jongin ah,” Luhan said, putting a hand on my shoulder.

“Don’t worry. It will be fine,” Sehun piped in.

“YA! They’re here!” Tao shouted from his lookout position on the top of the small hill.

The members quickly scurried to their positions, standing on each sides of the red carpet on the ground. I took my position at the end of the red carpet and waited.

Then, there he was. Gingerly walking towards us, cautiously trying to hide his belly. Then, he saw the set up in front of him.

A red carpet with rose petals scattered all over it. EXO members standing along both sides of the red carpet; each holding a bouquet of flowers and a torchlight to light up the red carpet in the darkness of the hour. Kyungie just stood at the other end of the red carpet and took in his surroundings in shock. All the members were grinning like idiots and I was sure I was too. He very slowly made his way down the red carpet towards me.

“What is this, Jongin ah?”

 “This was the errand I had to run.”

He just looked at me with his wide eyes, trying to comprehend the situation. I could see so many questions dancing across his eyes. I took a deep breath and I could see the members silently cheering me on. Well, if I wanted to wait till I was ready, I would be waiting for the rest of my life so here went nothing.

I grasped his hands in mine and looked directly into his eyes.

 “Kyungsoo ah.

I fell head over heels for you the first time we met at the recording room. Your angelic voice captured my heart and as I learnt more about you, the deeper I fell. I became in love with you. After being roommates with you for a few years, I finally garnered the courage to confess to you. And can you imagine how I felt when you agreed to be my boyfriend? Being in a relationship with you was a slice of heaven on earth. We have gone through so much together and now, we are blessed with two beautiful children. I can’t wait to see what the future holds for the two of us. And I know my life will never be complete without you beside me to share it. I love you so much that I often wondered what I did to deserve an angel like you. You are the love of my life, the missing piece to my puzzle, the one that completes me. I can't imagine growing old with anyone else, nor do I want to. Last night, while watching you sleep, I suddenly realised that you ARE the only one I want to share the rest of my live with.”

With that, I got down on one knee. My hands trembled as I dug the ring box out of my pocket. The moment I released Kyungsoo’s hands, they flew to his mouth as I opened the ring box to reveal two simple gold bands. One slightly smaller than the other.

“Do Kyungsoo, I promise to love you free like a wildfire, crazy like the moon, always like tomorrow, sudden like an inhale and overcoming like the tides. I promise that no one will work harder to make you happy or cherish you more than me.

Will you do me the honour of marrying me?”

 

 

 

Silence.

My heart was pounding so fast; I never felt so nervous in my life. Not even on my debut stage.

 

 

 

 

 

Then I heard a teary whisper.

 

“Yes.”

I almost doubted my own ears but Kyungsoo repeated that word in a louder and clearer voice.

“Yes!”

I got up from my knees and enveloped him in a tight hug. My heart was bursting with pride and happiness that I could hardly breathe. He said yes! He said yes! The other members cheered loudly and pulled out their party poppers. But elsewhere there were fireworks much brighter and radiant than those party poppers.

 

The fireworks in my heart.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyungsoo’s POV

I started crying the moment Jongin got down on one knee. As he expounded  upon his love for me and how much he wanted to spend the rest of live with me, I felt like I was flying. His speech was so beautiful and heartfelt. It was filled with so much emotion and I could feel his sincerity. Of course I said yes. Who wouldn’t to a guy like him?

As he slipped the gold band on my finger, the reality finally dawned on me. Jongin just proposed to me and we were now engaged! The members crowded around us excited and congratulated us. But the one thing that stood out in my mind was that the ring fitted perfectly.

“How did you know my finger size?”

“Haha. That’s what you are curious about? I went to Coordi Noona’s house this morning to ask her for your finger size. She lent me one of the rings that you wore for our performance once.”

“Then where did you go all day the afternoon?”

“To get the ring, silly. And to set this place up.”

“The members too?”

“Yup. My co-conspirators.”

Ah. So that’s where all the members went to as well. Manager hyung brought some sparking juice from the cooler in the van and some glasses. We blasted some music and had a little celebratory party at that quiet spot along the Han River.

Today couldn’t be any more perfect.

The best part?

When Jongin whispered in my ear during the party.

 

 

 

 

” Ten years from tonight, we'll tell our boys the story of how I proposed to you.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: So I originally planned to upload this chapter tomorrow but I couldn't wait so here it is. Hope you guys like it!

Did you guys guessed correctly? ^^ Hands up if you guessed right!