Where

Baby Story

 

*This man is mine.*

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyungsoo’s POV

Lying in bed

I opened my eyes slowly and stretched my arms over my head. It was still dark and I rolled over to snuggle into Jongin’s arms, only to find the other half of the bed empty.

That was weird.

It was still dark. Why was he up so early? That was quite uncharacteristic for him. He had always preferred to sleep super late to get something done rather than to get up super early. I slowly got up from the bed and stumbled out of the bedroom.

Where was he?

The kitchen lights were on so I peeked into the kitchen, expecting to find him there just like the last time. Instead, it was Suho who was cooking some porridge over the stove.

“Oh, Kyungsoo ah. You’re up already? Want some porridge?”

I leaned against the door frame and rested my arm on my belly.

“Where’s Jongin?”

“Hm? Oh. He said he had some errands to run and told me to look after you.”

“Errands? What kind of errands?”

“I don’t know. He didn’t say.”

Errands? He hardly left my side ever since we found out about the pregnancy. I walked back to the bedroom, deep in thought. Upon entering the bathroom to wash up, I noticed a yellow post-it on the mirror. I snatched it off the mirror and quickly read it. It was written in Jongin’s scrawny handwriting.

“Kyungie~ I had to go out for a while so don’t panic if you don’t see me when you wake up! I promise I’ll be back soon! Don’t miss me too much! <3”

Very weird indeed.

I pondered over the note and the same question kept popping up in my head. What errands? Luckily, I didn’t have to think about it for too long because pretty soon, I heard the front door open and Jongin stepped in, slightly wet from the downpour outside.

I quickly rushed to his side and he gave me a light peck on the cheeks.

“Morning, beautiful.”

Beautiful? Ha.

I scowled. Look at him, saying things he didn’t mean. Tsk.

“Fat, you mean. Beautiful is hardly the word to describe me right now.”

He wrapped his muscular arms around my waist and locked lips with me.

“You look beautiful to me.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jongin’s POV

“You look beautiful to me.”

And I meant it. He looked absolutely radiant and beautiful. Fat? No way. He was pregnant! I could see on his face that he didn’t believe me. Sighs. Sometimes, he put himself down too much…

“So where have you been?”

“Huh?” I gave him my best innocent look.

“Don’t try to act dumb, Jongin ah. What errands were you running?”

“Just some stuff.” I shrugged.

He pouted and changed tactics to stare at me with his huge puppy eyes.

No way was I going to tell him. Not after all that careful and tedious planning that went into this. Nope. He would just have to live with the disappointment. I will not cave. I will not cave. Don’t look. Don’t give in…

Luckily, I managed to practice every ounce of self-control I had and eventually, he gave up. He sulked and his heels, heading straight to the bedroom. It will be worth it, I reminded myself.

The whole morning, Kyungie had taken to ignoring me. Or more like sneaking glances at me and then turning his eyes away the moment I looked at him. Sometimes, he would fold his arms on top of his belly and stare at me with daggers in his eyes. I just had to laugh; he looked so adorable throwing a tantrum.

“How can you laugh in a situation like this?”

“Because you look so cute!” I pinched his cheeks before he swatted my hands away.

“Why aren’t you telling me what errands you had to run? It is so hard to just tell me? I thought we agreed to be honest with one another. Seems to me that you’re not keeping up with your end of the deal! To think that you were the one who brought up the whole issue about me not being honest about my feelings with you. Ha. Now you’re keeping secrets from me?! How can you do this to me?”

I let him vent before smiling.

“You’ll know soon enough.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyungsoo’s POV

Ugh.

This is so frustrating!

Why couldn’t he just tell me?

I felt so cheated!

And yet, I couldn’t stay away from him.

I tried to ignore him but my glances always ended up steering back to his face. How could he look so calm and normal when I was executing a cold war with him here?!

Hmph.

I’ll go talk to Yixing hyung instead.

~

Later that evening, after a nice long chat with Yixing hyung and four episodes of Pororo, I left the bedroom to find Jongin. And he had disappeared AGAIN. This time he left Luhan in charge of looking after me. What was going on? This was getting weirder and weirder. He had never been secretive with me throughout our relationship.

And then he didn’t even come home for dinner. It was now eleven at night and he had yet to return home.

What was he doing?

And then I realised that some of the members were missing too. I hadn’t seen Baekhyun and Chanyeol since morning. Suho had left in the afternoon with Kris and Tao. Chen and Xiumin left soon after. Only Yixing, Sehun and Luhan were left in the dormitory.

“Hyung! We are going to get bubble tea!” Sehun and Luhan waved at me as they left the house.

There was a bubble tea store that was open at eleven at night?!

But my thoughts quickly returned to the fact that all the members except Yixing was not at home.

Where had they all gone to? I mean, I didn’t expected them to all stay at home just because I couldn’t go out. But it was weird that all of them were out. Surely they wouldn’t be having some group outing without me right? I mean, Yixing was still here as well!

“Kyungsoo ah, want to watch a movie?” Yixing looked at me with a DVD in his hands.

“Er, sure. Do you know where the members went to?”

“They all had something to do today, I guess.”

An hour into the movie, Yixing hyung’s phone started to ring and he went into the bedroom to answer the phone. After about five minutes, he came out holding Jongin’s pullover.

“Put this on. Manager hyung is waiting for us outside.”

“What? Where are we going? I can’t go out. Not with this belly!”

“Nah, don’t worry. We’ll make sure no one sees you.”

He pulled me up from the couch and put on the huge pullover for me before pulling me towards the front door. I started to balk a little from the memory of what happened the last time I left the house but his firm yet gentle grip on my arm guided me towards the door and out of the house. I automatically slouched forward and pulled the pullover forward. Thankfully there were no one on the streets this late at night and we got into the car without much incident.

Where were we going? Were we going to meet the board again or something? A late night appointment with the gynaecologist? Lamaze class? Lee Soo Man Seonsaengnim? What was going on?

But the burning question still remained.

 

 

 

 

Where was Jongin?! I needed him with me!

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: If you've guessed what is going on, don't say it out loud (in saying, I mean commenting). Just let me know if you've guessed it or not. (just yes or no) ^^

I REPEAT! Don't spoil the other readers if you know what is going on!!!

I'll try to not update in the mean time but i doubt my self-control is that strong HAHAHA

@Fluttershy123: Thanks! Hwaiting on your studies! If I can do it, so can you! Haha! And you’re right; Jongin has a surprise :D Plus I know what you mean about Kaisoo. I’ve never seen a ship so….. RIGHT for each other in all my years in kpop fandom. Perfect for each. Completely perfect.

@Zed-VIP: Haha. Well this is just a fanfic. I have no idea what he is like in real life :/ Although I wish I knew him so that I can pull him by his collar and demand DBSK to be back as five.

@Yanonini02: Thanks! AND your recent comment are my 100th comment! Be right back. Spazzing like a crazy girl in my room.

@Rosasaur: Thanks for reading! Glad you like it haha! ^^

@kyungsooaddict: Haha hi new subbie! Thanks for commenting! Jongin seems to be a little protective of Kyungsoo in real life as well don’t you think? (Maybe it’s just my wishful thinking ><)

@onetruethree801: Thanks for reading! Hope I gave you loads of Kaisoo feels hahaha! Kyungsoo is one lucky guy~

@donutt: Thanks! So you are my unni! UNNI~~~~~ and you cried for chapter 15?? Awwww I’m touched! Come, let me give you a big big hug! \(0u0)/ And your birthday is coming! Double hugs!

@minseoked: The babies are coming~ sooon~ Hehehehe And good luck with your finals too! Hope I’m not distracting you from your studies ><

@KimKaerol: Hahahaha I don’t know what to say to your comment!!!!!! Just kidding. Thanks for commenting!

@ahnjinnaforkaisoo: Jongin have grown up a lot, hasn’t he? I kind of feel proud of him hahaha even though my fic is not real……

@cheriehime: That’s great! Glad to make people smile~ Although it might look a little weird smiling to yourself in public….. LOL. Plus I agree with you on the crazy fans thing. Sometimes you can really see that they had just had a long flight and were feeling tired. But yet they still had to entertain the fans. Makes me feel somewhat sorry for them sometimes.

@myungielove: Well I am writing Jongin based on what I want my husband to be as well hahaha! Thanks for liking my fic~~

@deejung0912: haha! Um.. Thanks for loving me HAHAHA! And no worries about the where I live thing ^^ 90s not old? Phew I just passed the bare minimum being born in 1991 hahaha….

@KINNEYTAYLOR6: Another new reader! Welcome! I really didn’t expect to have new readers this many chapters into the story… Thanks for your nice comment! Made me feel good about writing :)

@Seoul-Less: Thanks for your kind kind words! Now that my exams for OVER, updates are on the way~~

@selly_137: New reader! YAY! Welcome welcome! Thank you so much for your comment ^^ made me feel all warm and fuzzy :D

@demetria: Oops was it too fluffy? Hahahaha /conducts CPR four chapters later

 

Hugssss~ \(^-^)/ Love you guys~