Kick

Baby Story

 

*You are mine*

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyungsoo’s POV

Two days later

Watching Pororo had pretty much become a daily routine now. There was hardly anything else for me to do, stuck in my bed. The incident had died down pretty quickly as more people jumped in to defend Jongin’s actions and Jongin was back to his usual bubbly self.

“Miracle ah, Hope ah, are you two listening well to Pororo? You two will be the smartest babies when you guys are born.” He exclaimed as he rubbed his hand on my belly. “That reminds me! I got you a present!”

“Whatever for?” I asked, surprised. It wasn’t any special date, I was sure. I would have known if it was.

“No reason. I saw it online and wanted to buy it for.”

He excitedly got up from the bed and rummaged through the wardrobe.

“Tada!” He pulled out a messily wrapped box and placed in on my lap. “Open it!” He looked at me expectantly with a silly grin on his face.

I had to smile. Such a silly boy.

I tore the wrapping paper open and inside was a box with the label ‘Bellybuds’.

“What is this?” I asked curiously as I fiddled with the box.

“Well, they are specialized speakers that allow us to play soothing classical music to the twins! I read it somewhere that soothing music is good for babies in the womb. Makes them smarter or something like that. And these also allow us to record messages for them to hear! Plus the speakers can stick to your belly so you can move around while playing music and sounds directly to them!”

“Haha, Jongin ah, babies’ hearing only develops at 20 weeks!”

“You’ll be twenty weeks in two weeks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jongin’s POV

Excited to try out the speakers, I quickly opened the box and removed all its contents. Scanning through the instruction manual, I assembled the device and placed the two adhesive speakers on Kyungie’s bare belly. I then pressed the record button, said, “Miracle ah, Hope ah, can you hear me?” and pressed the play button

Suddenly the belly shook and jiggled. Were the babies responding to the sound of my voice? They could hear? My babies are geniuses! I looked up at Kyungie in pride, only to find him trying hard to prevent himself from giggling uncontrollably.

Ah.

 

 

What a kill joy.

“Sorry, Jongin ah. But you were so excited and all, I couldn’t resist. And your face was priceless!” He totally burst out laughing.

“Not funny, Kyungie.”

“Nope, not funny at all. Totally hilarious! You honestly thought the babies were responding, didn’t you? I was the one moving! AHAHAHA!”

Ugh. By now he was such a kick from laughing at me that his face was so red and tears were streaming his face.

“I told you already! Babies can’t hear until 20 weeks, Babo-ya!”

I stared at the device and pouted.  “Glad you are having fun at my expense.”

“Haha, sorry, haha, I’ll won’t laugh anymore.” Only to have him burst into another fit of giggles.

 

 

Suddenly, he stopped laughing and stared at me.

No. Not again.

Yup.

Puppy eyes.

Here we go again.

 

 

“Jongin ah, I’m craving red bean ice cream with some cream cheese frosting on it.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyungsoo’s POV

I felt the first one at 20 weeks.

My heart soared and I thought it would burst with happiness.

I ran to kitchen, completely excited. Jongin was there doing the dishes.

“Woah, slow down there. Can’t be getting hurt now, can we?” He grabbed me by the shoulders and steadied me.

“I felt a kick! A kick!” I was practically jumping up and down from my excitement.

“Really?! Let me feel!!” Jongin’s eyes widened and he stuck out his hand, eager for a feel. But I guess the babies were not interested anymore because we waited for ten minutes and there was no more movement. The disappointed look on his face was so adorable that I just had to pinch his cheeks.

“Don’t worry, you’ll get to feel it soon, I promise.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jongin’s POV

I really wanted to feel the babies kick.

But I thought about the way Kyungie’s face completely lit up. The excitement on his face was so contagious and I felt contented even though I didn’t get to feel the babies’ kicks. I involuntarily smiled as I continued to do the dishes.

Looking back, we had really come a long way. From the day we first found out that we were pregnant. All the people we had to face regarding the news. All the doctor’s appointments. All the mood swings and random food cravings. Finding out that we were having twins.

And now, the first baby kick.

~

That night, I was lying beside Kyungie’s belly as usual. My hand was on his bare belly and I was talking to them when suddenly I felt something move from under the skin. I jumped up from the bed in surprise and stared at my hand.

“What was that?” I looked uncertainly at Kyungie to find him smiling widely.

“The babies moved. Seems like they’re saying hi to you.”

“You’re not playing with me, right?”

“Nope. This one’s real.”

“Really? That was the babies? I felt the babies?” I couldn’t believe it.

“Come here. Let me show you.” Kyungie gently prodded his belly. Lo and behold, a little hump appeared and disappeared. He poked at the spot again and the little hump appeared again.

“It looks like there’s an alien in you!”

“Haha, try it!”

Fascinated, I tried poking at the same spot. And after a few pokes, the baby kicked again. Which baby, I was not sure. But I was overjoyed. The babies were responding to me! I was on cloud nine! I ran to all members’ room and shouted excitedly.

“Come and take a look! The babies kicked! The babies kicked!”

I forcefully dragged each of them back to my bedroom and soon, Baekhyun and Chanyeol became equally as fascinated as I was by the babies’ movement. Suho was curious too and even tried prodding Kyungie’s tummy. Sehun just hovered around, trying to get a glimpse amidst the jumping excited members.

I just stood at the sidelines and watched the excitement

 

 

Like a proud dad. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Just had a y paper T-T

So here's an update because I took to writing to erase any thoughts of that stupid paper haha!

 

Thanks for reading and subscribing and commenting!! \(~_~)/ Let me give you all a hug!

Ok. Back to studying~