Close

Baby Story

 

^^

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jongin’s POV

Lying in bed

I didn't know how long that ray of sunlight had been peeking through the window of our bedroom before it found its way to my face; nor did I know how long it took me to become aware of it.

I'd been dreaming about a swing in a beautiful garden and two little boys running around basking in the sunlight. It felt great to breathe in the fresh scent of blooming flowers and the smell of spring. I fought hard to ignore that sunbeam on my face, to get back to my dream, but the moment had passed. I heard some utensils clatter from the kitchen and the sound of Baekhyun and Chanyeol fighting over the computer. If those two jokers were up already, it could only mean…

 

It was mid-morning already.

My eyes flew open and I looked around the bed. Of course Kyungsoo was up already. Why was I not surprised? And what of ‘bed rest’ did he not understand?! Sitting on the bed, I remembered what he said to me yesterday and that brought a smile to my face. Sure, the guilt was still there.

Was it my fault? Yes.

But I felt better knowing that I had done all that I could.

 And best father to Miracle and Hope? Second best compliment that I could ever receive (next to being the best lover). 

I rubbed my knuckles into my eyes to drive away the sleep and went to the bathroom to wash up.

Once I entered the kitchen, the smell of kimchi chigae hit my nose. And Kyungsoo was standing by the stove with a spoon in one hand and the other hand on his hips. How I loved waking up to the sight of him cooking. He hummed to himself as he stirred the soup. I took a moment to admire the view of his perfectly rounded before I strode over and gave him a back hug. He looked up in surprise and smiled gently, before turning his attention back to the soup.

“You’re supposed to be on bed rest, you know.”

“I will die of boredom if I just sat in bed all day!”

“Well that’s just too bad. I guess I’ll just have to entertain you in bed all week then.”

Immediately he flushed bright red.

“Ya! Not so loud!”

~

During breakfast, Baekhyun and Chanyeol seemed to be fighting over something as they whispered urgently to each other.

“We have to tell them!” (Chanyeol)

“Why give them more stress?” (Baekhyun)

“Give who stress?” Kyungie asked innocently.

Both Baekhyun and Chanyeol jumped in their seats and froze.

“W..what? N...n…nothing..” Baekyun stuttered. Chanyeol nudged him hard with his elbow and Baekhyun winced in pain.

“Well… um… we were looking at some of the Tumblr threads and we stumbled across the Kaisoo thread… and um… there were a lot of activity…”

“Regarding yesterday’s incident at HomePlus!” Chanyeol blurted out, impatient at how slow Baekhyun was getting the information across.

“What kind of activity?” I asked.

“Well, mainly photos and um.. several comments?” Baekhyun answered.

I immediately stood up from the dining table and headed straight for the computer. Kyungsoo followed closely behind me. Sure enough, there were many fan-taken photos of us outside HomePlus. We both scroll through the thread worriedly. They couldn’t tell, could they? Luckily my big jacket swallowed his small frame and covered his belly. I couldn’t see any roundness at his stomach region.

“AW! Look at Kai protecting his D.O.” “Kai looks so manly here.” “OOOH Finally some Kaisoo action!” “Bridal style! Someone add a bridal gown and veil on D.O. please!” “KAISOO EXISTS!”

Many of the comments were more of excitement about a ‘Kaisoo’ moment. But there were some that were of concern.

“D.O. doesn’t look too good; he is so pale. Is he sick or something?” “Is D.O. sick? Is that why there isn’t an EXO comeback?” “I hope D.O. is ok.” “D.O. looks so weak! I’m worried.”

 

 

And then there were some that criticized my actions.

“Isn’t Kai a little too rough with the fan?” “Kai seems overly protective of D.O.” “Kai shouldn’t have been so harsh on the girl. All she wanted was to touch a celebrity.” “Kai went overboard.” “Should they be used to this sort of attention? After all, it is the price you pay for being famous.”

Rough with the fan? Harsh? Overboard?

I was just trying to protect the one I loved. Kyungsoo was having difficulty breathing and yet the crowd at HomePlus had ignored that and refused to give him some space. And yet all these people on the internet were taking sides with those inconsiderate fans? My hand tightened around the mouse as I scrolled through comment after comment about my supposed “bad” behaviour. My body went rigid and tense. Kyungsoo rubbed his hands on my thighs as if to calm me down.

There were those who defended me. Not many, but at least there were a few who stood on my side.

“The fans went overboard! Crazy fans! Give them some freaking space!” “Can’t the fans see that D.O. wasn’t feeling well? Kai did the right thing.”

“At least no signs of anyone knowing about the pregnancy, right? Let’s focus on that,” Kyungsoo whispered.

We both leaned back in our chairs and heaved a sigh of relief. We had got to be more careful from now on.

 

 Yesterday was way too close for comfort.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyungsoo’s POV

Apparently, Jongin’s ‘bad’ behaviour had become quite an issue on the internet. While we were scrolling through the fan café messages, Manager hyung called to inform us that the company had posted an official statement on our official fan café that I was feeling slightly under the weather and Jongin was simply trying to get me back to the dormitory ASAP.

I wanted to roll my eyes every time I saw a comment about how rude Jongin was to the fans.

Seriously.

How quick they were to believe the fan accounts of those who were present. How easily they became influenced to interpret the photos as Jongin being harsh. In fact, I felt that Jongin handled the situation very professionally.

Did he punch anyone? No.

Did he shout at anyone? No.

Did he curse at anyone? No.

All he did was to tell her to get her hands of me.

To be honest, I was quite surprised and taken aback by this whole fiesta. After all, fans had been gushing about the two of us as a couple ever since our debut... They had been so accurately before, catching all the moments. Fan cafes and social networking sites were often filled with photos of us smiling at each other. Screenshots of Jongin’s leg over mine when we sat beside each other. Images of the looks that we exchanged during performances. Gifs of Jongin’s habit of my neck.

And yet why couldn’t they see that this time was no different. Jongin was just trying to protect me.

Staring at the plate on food in front of me, I realised that I had lost my appetite. I stood up to head to the kitchen to do the dishes when Jongin quickly relieved my hands of their plates and guided me to the bedroom. After all the commotion, I was feeling a little tired so I didn’t protest and allowed him to tuck me into the bed.

“Bed rest for you. Want me to play some Pororo for you?”

Heh, he knew me best.

He played the Pororo DVD before heading back to the kitchen to do the dishes. Once he was done cleaning up the kitchen, he joined me in bed and we cuddled together, watching Pororo.

“Are you ok?”

“Hm? Yup I’m fine now.”

“You sure?”

“Yup. I’ll get over it,” he said with a smile.

That smile didn’t reach his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: WOAH did something happen? How did my subbies increase so much in a day?! /crying happy tears/

Here's an update. Okok, I'll go study now..... *Drags self away* T-T