Double

Baby Story

 

*I love the way you smile*

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jongin’s POV

In the ultrasound room

Two heartbeats?

Two hearts?

Two?

What was she saying?

Two?

TWO?

As in like, twins?

Twins?

TWINS??

Kyungsoo and I were completely frozen in shock and we just stared at the doctor, unmoving. She, on the other hand, was completely oblivious to our stunned expressions and continued mumbling to herself as she typed furiously on the keyboard.

“Hmm… this is weird. Why are there two heartbeats when I can only see one baby? Weird… Ah! There you are! Hiding behind your twin. No wonder I only saw one baby. Ok guys, as you can see… Guys? Omg, are you guys ok?”

So she finally noticed how frozen we were. Shocked and not sure what to think, I turned to face her and gave a tiny nod. Kyungsoo followed suit.

“Um, ok. As I was saying, it was weird at first because I could only see one baby but it turned out that if I moved the probe to the left a little bit, we can see the two heads. So congrats, guys! Twins! No wonder you felt a bump!” She exclaimed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyungsoo’s POV

In the van, on the way back home

M-i-n-d-b-l-o-w-n.

My hands instinctively flew down to my tummy.

I’m carrying two babies?

I couldn’t believe it.

Was I happy? Well I haven’t decided yet. At the moment, shock and disbelief was all I felt. Judging by the shell-shocked look on Jongin’s face, it was safe to assume that he was finding it hard to believe it as well.

Two new lives.

Double the responsibility. Double the expenses. Double the time and attention required. Double the lack of sleep. Double the worry.

No.

Double the joy. Double the pride as parents. Double the special moments. Double the laughter. Double the smiles. Double the number of first words. Double the happiness. Double the warmth.

 

 

 

Double the love.

Double the miracle.

It was as if a ray of sun broke through the dark cloud of worry. I looked down at my barely showing tummy and wrapped my arms around it protectively. My babies. I might not have picked out names for them yet. I might not have met them yet. I didn’t even know their genders and how they look like. But already, I felt my heart bursting with vast amounts of love for them. I never imagine I could love anyone this much other than Jongin but now I understood what women meant when they say that you would experience a kind of love that you had never experience before when you become a mother of a child. My heart wasn’t divided into three for the three of them. They all had their special place in the corners of my heart where I loved each of them with all my heart.

I looked up to find Jongin looking intently at me. Making eye contact, I felt his eyes stare at me as if he could see my soul.

“You look like you’ve made peace with yourself.” Sometimes it was scary how well he knew me.

“I did. I realised that it was a….”

“Blessing,” he completed my sentence.

Stunned, I just looked at him with wide eyes. And my eyes started to water. Why was I not surprised? Damn hormones. He smiled gently and opened his arms.

 

“Come over here, silly.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jongin’s POV

Back at the dormitory

“TWINS?” the members screamed when we told them the news. Baekhyun and Chanyeol started jumping up and down in excitement. Suho just stared at us incredulously and Sehun, well, he ran for his room to grab his phone and messaged Luhan.

Next, we video-called Himchan hyung and Yongguk hyung to share the good news with them. They were of course very excited for us and started bombarding us with more advice. After hanging up, we went on to inform the CEO via phone. He just said.

“Wow. Good job, I think? Haha.”

We then messaged Lee Soo Man Seonsaengnim and his reply was one of encouragement and loads of heart emoticons. We informed our families, or should I say my family since Kyungsoo was no longer on speaking terms with his.

~

Later that night

I was preparing for bed when Kyungie climbed into the bed with me and began staring at my with puppy eyes. He wanted something. And my dirty erted mind thought of about three hundred ways to pleasure him.

“Jongin ahhhh…..” He started pulling out all the aegyo he had and clashed his hands together, sill staring at me with those big eyes.

How could I say no to such a face?

“Hmmm?”

“Can you go out and buy me some soondae? I am really craving that right now…”

What? He didn’t even like soondae

“Now? You are hungry now? It’s midnight. And do you even like soondae?”

“But I’m really craving it now. The twins are hungry! I want to eat it so bad…” The puppy eyes attack again.

Ugh. I could feel my defenses cracking already.

“Alright. Alright.”

“You are the best!”

~

I put on a cap and walked briskly down the street, searching for a soondae shop.

I walked for about ten minutes and AHA! There was one tiny shop in the distance that was still open. Oh bless that shop for being open at this time. It was about time his cravings started. The books did say that pregnancy would cause the person to crave certain types of food. Sighs. This was probrably just the start of the whole cravings saga that would probably last his entire pregnancy.

And how right I was. A saga. Definitely a saga.

I quickly walked towards the shop when my phone suddenly rang.

Kyungie.

“Yes, yeobo?”

“Jongin? I’ve changed my mind. You haven’t bought the soondae yet right? I’m craving pajeon now. You’ll buy that for me right?” Sighs.

“Sure. No problem.”

Back to searching. It wasn’t ten minutes before I got the next call.

“I don’t think I want pajeon anymore. Too oily. How about mini kimbaps! Thanks Jongin ah! I love you!”

Off to look for mini kimbaps.

Then it changed to fried chicken.

Then bread.

Then mandu.

Finally I found a mandu store and thankfully the phone didn’t ring this time. After purchasing ten mandus, I raced back home with all my might in hopes of reaching home before he changed his mind again. I reached the dormitory, panting from my sprint and opened the door. The living room and kitchen were completely dark. Funny. I thought he would be out waiting for me. Or more like waiting for the food. I place the plastic bag of mandus on the kitchen counter and headed to the bedroom.

“Kyungie, come out to…” I whispered as I opened the door. Only to find…

 

 

Kyungie had already fallen asleep on the bed.

He made me run all over town to find food for him; he could at least have stayed up to eat them! But staring at his peaceful sleeping face, I just didn’t have it in me to be angry with him. Instead I just closed the door as quietly as I could and headed back to the kitchen.

 

 

To eat those damn mandus.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Wow! So many guessed twins right (then again it was quite obvious, wasn’t it… ><”’)

So…. Here’s another update? Haha

My sis says that I shouldn’t upload so often and that I should space out my updates. But every time I update, I see all your lovely comments, makes me want to write some more. And then once I am done with a chapter, I can’t wait to let you guys see it so I end up updating again and the cycle goes round and round….

Ok I’m blabbering. Shall reply comments~~

@deejung0912: Your English sounds good! Don’t be afraid to comment :) Plus I’m nice, I don’t judge… Where are you from?

@donutt: Haha! Thanks for the love /(^o^)/ Heehee. YOUR comments make my day every day! Love you too~~~

@hibiki_kurenai_A: Yup! Twins! Surprise! ^^

@TheShipperFangirl: YESH! *HAPPY DANCE*

@taeminissocute: WOOHOO~ CORRECT~~

@ahnjinnaforkaisoo: AHA! You missed a chapter! Didn’t comment on chapter 11 now, did you! HAHAHA! Just joking!! Thanks for reading~

@CKeh97: WOW! I can sense your excitement haha. Thanks for reading! Glad you like it! /Psst.. Maybe I DO know what they do in their dorms… *Wink wink*/ :D If they do come out with babies, I will print my fanfic and stalk outside their dorm until they take it and read it and then say, “Hohoho, I know what you have been doing. I knew from a looooooong time ago.” /By the way, the friend was referring to Himchan./

@shiny01: YUP! *SPAZZES*

@SHINee2MinJongKey19: Thanks for subscribing! And liking the story! ^^

@Michiru097: HAHA yay twins! I hope I won’t let anything bad happen to them haha. Too much angst already out there in the Kaisoo sphere.

@StellaMadelle: Yup. TWINS ^^ Thanks for reading!

@Fluttershy123: YUP! Kyungsoo is the cutest thing~ In real life, too hahaha. As for Baekhyun pregnant, I just might write about that… Maybe a sequel when this is completed? ^^

@onetruethree801: Agreed! Good thing Kai is so patient.  Somehow I get the feeling that in real life he can tolerate anthing as long as if it’s Kyungoo. KAISOO FEEELLLSSSS!

@Yanonini02: Glad Kyungie’s mood swings made you laugh! Your comment made ME laugh hahaha!

@minseoked: I totally agree! Kyungsoo is so precious~~

There. I hope I didn’t miss out anyone!

Leave a comment ^^