Week 13

Baby Story

 

derps <3

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyungsoo’s POV

In the bedroom

I didn’t look pregnant.

But I sure did FEEL pregnant.

Standing in front of the mirror, I examined my body from every possible angle. My tummy was still flat as ever. My feet were not swollen. I still looked the same. It had been a month since I found out I was pregnant and nothing much had changed. I still had random bouts of morning sickness and episodes of mood swings. Jongin had been trying to make all sorts of homemade remedies for me all month long. Lemon water, potato chips, sour plums, special exercises, sleeping positions and what-not. By now, he had already finished all TWELVE pregnancy books he had bought that day and had turned to the internet for his quest for more information on pregnancy. I had never seen him studied so much before! It was crazy; he even kept a little notebook of notes and reminders that he had taken from the books and carried it around everywhere he went.

Speaking of mood swings, they had been uncontrollable lately. I could be laughing in one moment and crying in the next. My typical reasons for crying were Miracle wouldn’t like me, Jongin wouldn’t find me attractive anymore once I was big and fat, I wouldn’t be a good parent yada yada. The list went on and on. The members had taken to hiding in their rooms whenever I had a drastic change in mood, leaving only Jongin and Suho to handle me. Jongin would be wiping away my tears and saying how much he loved me so on and so forth. Suho would be addressing whatever I was crying about with all seriousness. To be honest, it was a teeny bit embarrassing but hey, I’ve got all the excuse in the world to have a mood swing! I was pregnant, for goodness sake. But anyways, I thought I should understand a little bit more about my body so I tried to do a little research on my own, especially on the topic of mood swings. Tried. Notice I used the word “tried”. I realized most of the information on the internet and the books catered to women and their structure. Ok, I take that back. ALL of the information was directed towards explaining the female body. Let me explain. They said that mood swings were supposed to go away after 12 weeks into the pregnancy once the body got used to the increased levels of oestrogen and progesterone hormones. Well, I was currently 13 weeks and my mood swings had gotten worse, instead of leaving. My body still hadn’t gotten used to the increased hormonal levels, which was kind of understandable how my male body was not wired for pregnancy in the first place. Therefore, I concluded that there was simply no point to trying to get any information from the internet and pregnancy books. They just didn’t provide any insight on my pregnancy. I honestly didn’t know what notes Jongin was taking from them.

The only source of information I trusted was from Himchan hyung and Yongguk hyung. We haven’t met up with them face-to-face yet because 1)their daughter, Suchan, had sprained her ankle in a fall and 2) B.A.P was promoting their song “One Shot” at the moment. Himchan had dropped out of the promotional activities to care Suchannie and Yongguk was busy with the packed schedule that always came with the release of a new song. The official story was that Himchan had broken his arm and thus had to sit out of the activities. I had spoken to Himchan hyung over the phone and through the computer several times. His advice was invaluable and helped me a lot through the past month. Jongin, on the other hand, was in contact with Yongguk hyung, though their interactions were limited to messages due to Yongguk hyung’s busy schedule.

I had been going to the recording studio thrice a week and there had always been fans waiting outside the SM building to catch a glimpse of us. That scared me (made me cry as well). What was going to happen when I started showing? Staring at the mirror now, I was sure no one could tell that I was pregnant yet. And Himchan hyung told me that he only started showing at four and a half months. I pulled my shirt down and heaved a sigh. Today was my non-recording day, so I had nothing to do. The other members all went for dance practice. Except Jongin, who refused to leave me alone at home. I guessed I should tag along the next dance practice so that he would get the chance to dance.

Hmmm... What should I do now? I looked around the house and finally decided on using the computer. I wasn’t one who loved to check up on what the fans were saying about us. Not my idea of a way to pass time. But today I just decided to go onto the Kaisoo thread on Tumblr. Besides, looking at those lovely fan-taken pictures of Jongin and I made me happy. Scrolling through picture after picture, gif after gif, I was feeling pretty stoked about the amount of swooning there was. Kaisoo feels, they called it.

And then, I saw the picture.

 

 

 

And I started bawling.

A full-blown meltdown.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jongin’s POV

In the kitchen

I was preparing lunch when I had a bad feeling. Although I had no clue what it was, the air suddenly turned ominous.

Then, I heard it.

Kyungsoo wailing at the top of his lungs. I dropped the lettuce that I was washing and sprinted out of the kitchen towards the sound of his cries. Worry clouded my mind and I was subconsciously chanting “Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo” as I ran towards him. I frantically slammed open the bedroom door to find him howling in front of the computer. Rushing to his side, I anxiously slide my hands over his body to find for any injuries. What happened? Was he hurt? Was he in pain?

He swatted my hands away and pointed to the screen before wailing even more. What I saw was just a photo of the two of us with derp faces. I looked at him in confusion. Sniffing and sobbing, he tried to explain to me through his tears but he was crying so hard that I couldn’t understand anything. Why was he crying? I kneeled down on one knee and rubbed along his arms.

“Calm down. Deep breaths. There you go. In. Out. Now, tell me. What happened?”

“Why would anyone do something like that? How could they do this to me?” And he started crying all over again.

“What? What did they do to you? Breathe. Take a deep breath.”

“How… How could they… take such a photo and…. and put in on the internet where everyone can see? Why would anyone do something like that to me?”

He was crying over an ugly photo? I didn’t know how to react at all! A mix of conflicted emotions went through my heart as I stared disbelievingly at the now hysterically crying Kyungie. Anger for scaring the crap out of me. Adoration for being so cute and lovable. Laughter because the photo was simply too funny and the fact that Kyungie was crying over it was even funnier.

In the end, the humour won over and it took everything I had within me to stop myself from laughing. I guessed I didn’t do a very good job because the next thing I knew, Kyungie was glaring at me with those gigantic teary eyes of his.

“Am I a joke to you?”

Immediately I turned solemn and started consoling him for the next half hour, telling him that I would still love him despite this derp photo.

 

 

Hormones. Hormones. Hormones. Don’t judge. Don’t judge. Don’t judge.

That was what I chanted to myself for that half an hour, listening to him wail about the details of the picture.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyungsoo’s POV

At the lobby of an apartment building

Today was the day I would meet Himchan hyung and Yongguk hyung in person. Here we were, at the lobby of where they resided. Suho came along to help with introductions and to see his old friend again. I was excited but quite nervous but Jongin held on my hand as if to give me encouragement. Soon we were outside their door and Suho rang the bell. The door clicked open and Himchan’s head peeked out, with a finger on his lips.

“Come on in,” he whispered, “I just put Suchannie down for a nap so we’ve got to be quiet.”

We quickly nodded and entered the house as silently as we could. Yongguk appeared at the end of the hallway and greeted us with a slight bow. Soon we were directed to a room furthest from the baby room and Himchan closed the door behind us.

“Ah, she won’t be able to hear us from here. So, how nice to finally meet you guys! And Suho, I’ve missed you, old friend.” Himchan reached out to give the three of us each a hug. Yongguk brought drinks and snacks into the room and shook our hands with a greeting, before sitting down next to Himchan.

“Where shall we start?” Himchan clapped his hands together and asked.

“Well, I still have a lot of questions for you regarding the pregnancy and stuff.”

“Sure. Fire away. Yongguk and I will try to answer as best as we can.”

“Ok. First, the mood swings, you told me over the phone that it should go away at the four months mark so I was wondering are there anything I can do to minimise the mood swings in the meantime?”

“I don’t have a definite answer for that but I would say to talk it out. During my mood swings, we ended up fighting a lot. Mainly because we didn’t communicate properly.”

“That’s right. Himchan and I fought a lot back then because I didn’t understand why he was acting that way. Jongin, as the “father”, it is important that we try to understand what they are going through. For mood swings, just go with the flow and allow him to talk it out,” Yongguk added.

“I’ve read about the numerous benefits about a natural birth. I was wondering about childbirth? Is a C-section the only option?” Jongin asked.

“Well, we like to believe that it is possible to have a natural birth. In our case, it was an emergency so I had to have a C-section. However, we did plan a natural birth with our gynaecologist. I would suggest that you discuss this with your gynaecologist and draw up a birth plan with him or her. It is best to discuss early and be ready for the childbirth ahead of time in case of premature labour.”

“Do you every worry about your secret being exposed? I get very stressed about it every day. Is there any way to ensure that the public never knows?” Jongin again.

This time Yongguk answered in his low voice, “I worry too. Every single day. I can see where you are coming from but I highly doubt there was a way to hide the truth indefinitely. Being a celebrity means that our lives will be place under the microscope and scrutinised down to the very last detail. I try my best to take precautions like wearing a disguise when going out with Suchannie. But like I said, someday the public will know. So I try to focus on delaying that day and keeping the secret as long as possible. And hopefully, the day people understood male pregnancy will come.”

This Q&A session went on for an hour and a half before the baby monitor signalled that Suchannie had aroused from her nap. Himchan carried the precious toddler into the room and showed her around like a proud parent. Even Yongguk’s face lit up at the entrance of his daughter.

“Hi, Suchan ah! I’m Kyungsoo ahjusshi.” The precious child stared at me with big eyes before hiding her face beside Himchan’s neck shyly.

“Haha, she’s not used to strangers.”

“It’s okay. We should be making a move now. Thank you so much for having us and giving us all that advice.”

“Not a problem! Glad to be able to help. Feel free to give me a call if you have a question or need anything.”

“Ok. Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.”

We were so blessed. To have people who went through what we were going through. To have people who were so willing to help.

 

 

 

To have made new friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Well, obviously writing Kaisoo is more fun than studying for my exam, so here's another update. Hope you liked it~

Thank you for subscirbing! AND the comments!!! I looooove reading them. Maybe I'll reply some of them here Heeheee...

@donutt: Thanks! And I love reading your comments! They never fail to give me a warm fuzzy feeling haha! And they're usually long and gave good feedback! I love it!

@ahnjinnaforkaisooThank you for your comments and the friend request! I know you were with me since i started this fic and commented on almost all of my chapters. Haha! I always look forward to reading your comments ^^

@wanluckystar: Good luck for your exams! Maybe I shouldn't update so that you can study HAHAHA just kidding!

@minseoked: One of my first few subscribers! Thank you for sticking with me on this story! :D

@hibiki_kurenai_ASeems like you are an avid Sulay fan haha! Actually Yixing being the pregnant friend of Suho never occurred to me and I read your comment a tad too late. It was a great idea but I had already finish writing about Himchan so dang!

@cheriehime: Thanks for commenting~ I'm glad you like this fic! 

@TheShipperFangirl: Oops, Baekhyun isn't pregnant. Hope I didn't troll you so badly.... ><

@Fluttershy123: HAHAHA! I wish my love life was like that too! Guys should read fanfics to learn how to treat their lovers the way Jongin treats Kyungsoo :D

@TRE-TRE: oops! Not pregnant :/ That would call for a whole new fanfic to deal with Baekhyun's sass. I can totally imagine him on the couch with his big belly screaming, "CHANYEOL! GIVE ME ME EYELINER NOW!" XD

@demetria: Thanks for reading! ^^ Glad you like it hahaha~

@nadiahhusna: I would say guess again, except the answer's already out :X

 

I hoped I replied everyone >< Leave a comment if I missed you out.....