T

Lover Be Strong

TAEYEON’S POV

“How are things going with Yoseob?” Junhyung asked as the two of us walked home from work. I blushed and looked down.

“Fine…”

“Oh, really…” Junhyung said with a mischievous smile and glanced at me from the side. “Any more dates?” I nodded shyly.

“We’ve had our first kiss.” My eyes widened as Junhyung’s arm suddenly wrapped around my shoulders and he bent forward to rub his knuckles against the top of my head.

“Ow!” I laughed and struggled to get out of his grasp.

“I knew you two were going to get together,” he said and let me go. I adjusted my hair and rubbed my head gently. My hair travelled around my head.

“Oh, I dropped my hairpin.”

 

 

YOSEOB’S POV

I was late, what if she had already left!? I rushed my steps, still careful not to drop the ice creams. I turned around the corner and skidded to a stop as soon as I saw what was right in front of my eyes. Some guy had his arm around my Taeyeon’s shoulders. Mind her head! I chewed hard on my lip considering whether to call her name or not, when… He let go of her and slowly dropped down on one knee. He looked up at her and held his hand out. She accepted it… Was this happening!? We had our first kiss yesterday and today someone else is proposing to her!? This was too bad to be true! I started to walk over there, the ice creams falling to the ground, splatting all over the place. I watched as the guy looked down and said something I was too far away to hear. What I was able to hear, though, was the sudden happy exclamation escaping Taeyeon. She spread her arms out and threw herself on the man. He got up from his knees just in time to catch her. He spun her around and they laughed in perfect happy synchronization. She… accepted?

“Taeyeon-ah,” I said in a weak voice. I didn’t think she would hear me, but she turned her head in my direction. She smiled at me and ran to my side, followed by the person I now hated the most in this world.

“Yoseobbie,” she chirped and clung to my arm. The man nodded at me.

“The famous Yoseob, I suppose,” he said and held his hand out. Emotionless I took it with a nod. “Junhyung,” he introduced himself.

“Congratulations,” I said. They both gave me surprised looks.

“Did you know?” Taeyeon asked.

“How?”
”I saw you just now.”

“Huh?” Junhyung scratched his head.

“Yoseob, what are you… talking about?” Taeyeon put on a cute frown. I got confused.

“Aren’t you…?”

“Aren’t we what`” Taeyeon asked.

“I thought… What just happened?” All the anger, jealousy and pain that had just permeated my body were replaced one single feeling; hope. Man’s best friend, except for the dog…

“Oh, I just received the message that my professional advice as a girl has given the wanted outcome, and Junhyung has claimed the girl of his dreams,” Taeyeon said with a smile, obviously proud of herself. My attitude towards Junhyung changed in the blink of an eye. I squealed and beamed at him.

“Ah, chincha!? That’s amazing!” I said and started bouncing on the spot. He gave me a crooked smile. He obviously thought I was weird, but that didn’t matter, since he hadn’t proposed to Taeyeon. I was happy again.

 

 

TAEYEON’S POV

“Oh, I dropped my hairpin.”

“Here it is,” Junhyung said and kneeled down to pick it up from the sidewalk. He reached it to me and I gladly accepted it.

“Gomawo.”

“She said yes, Goo Hara is now my girlfriend.” Say what!?

“Chincha?” I whispered. After a short nod from Junhyung confirming that I had heard right I screamed excitedly and attacked Junhyung with a hug. “That’s great!” I said and laughed happily.

“Taeyeon-ah.” That was Yoeseob’s voice, I was certain of it. I let go of Junhyung and ran up to the blonde boy.

“Yoseobbie,” I said happily, I had missed him. His face looked hard as he kept his eyes on Junhyung. I looked at him. He acted all weird during the introductions. Did something happen? Maybe it was Gikwang!?

“Congratulations.” Huh!? He knew about Junhyung and Hara?

“Did you know?

“How?” Junhyung asked.

“I saw you just now,” He said in an emotionless tone. I frowned.

“Yoseob, what are you… talking about?” I asked. He gave me a confused look.

“Aren’t you…?”

“Aren’t we what?” Was he feeling okay?

“I thought… What just happened?”

“Oh…” I proudly told him about how it was thanks to me that my friend had just been accepted by the girl he liked. Yoseob’s face lit up in that happy smile that I recognized so well. He turned to Junhyung, showing off all his perfect teeth.

“Ah, chincha!? That’s amazing!” he squealed. I smiled. The usual Yoseob was back. I took his hand and he looked at me with a heart-melting smile. I averted my gaze and hid my face behind my hair. Junhyung chuckled.

“I’ve never seen this side of you before,” he mocked me before turning to Yoseob. “You’ve really gotten her to fall head over heels for you.”

 

 

YOSEOB’S POV

Taeyeon was still embarrassed hours after we separated from Junhyung. She had been avoiding my gaze and not said much ever since he mentioned her “falling head over heels” for me. I smiled wide at the thought. I glanced at her. Anyway, she could never be anywhere near how badly I had fallen for her. “Heels over head” would be a more appropriate idiom for me. I grabbed her hand.

“I’m taking you to see the stars tonight, after you have finished work,” I said. She looked at me with big eyes.

“Tonight?” she asked.

“Mhm.”

“Is it far?”

“No, I know a place.” I smiled secretively.

“Where?” she asked curiously.

“You’ll see when you get off work.” She groaned. “You could let me help you, it would be much faster.”

“No.” Quick answer… “I’ll just, go there right now. Where should we meet?”

“I’ll wait for you to finish,” I said. I could just buy an ice cream and talk to my own echo, that was enough for me to entertain myself with. “I’ll be here when you get off.” She smiled at me before disappearing into the office building.

“See you later,” she said and disappeared among the many offices.

 

 

I was stomping impatiently outside Taeyeon’s workplace. Wasn’t she ready soon? It had gotten dark long ago, maybe something happened in there… Just then Taeyeon stumbled out the door and fumbled with the key.

“Ready to go?”

 

 

TAEYEON’S POV

“Ready to go?” I startled a little at the sudden sound of Yoseob’s voice. He sounded so peppy, where did he get all his energy from? I glanced at the cone in his hand… obviously he was on a constant sugar rush from all the ice cream he stuffed himself with. I smiled.

“Always ready.” I was actually pretty excited to see the stars, but I hoped we didn’t have to go too far, I was pretty tired…

 

 

“We’re here,” Yoseob announced. I looked up at the building, in front which we had stopped.

“What… is this place?” I asked confused and looked up at the strange edifice.

“It’s an observatory,” Yoseob said, his eyes sparkling with excitement. “In there is a huge telescope in which you can see stars that are thousand millions billions light-years away from here!” He spread his arms out and spun around on the spot while looking up at the sky. I followed his gaze. That really sounded amazing.

“How do you plan on getting inside?” I asked, because you never know what Yoseob might have in mind and I was not going to participate in a break-in. Yoseob smiled.

“I have my ways,” he said and knocked a few times on the door. “HYUUUUNG!” he suddenly wailed. Quick steps were heard inside and the door flew open.

“Yoseob!?” A boy with slightly wavy hair flew out the door and threw his arms around Yoseob. “Yoseobbie, I’ve missed you, it was so long since we last met,” the boy whined. He took a step back and eyed Yoseob. “You look healthy,” he said with a smile. Yoseob nodded eagerly.

“Happy is a more accurate word though, and here’s the reason.” Yoseob pushed me forward. I bowed politely.

“Annyeong…”

“This is my Taeyeon,” Yoseob said proudly. The guy’s eyes widened.

“’Your’?” He took a closer look at me. “Hm, really pretty…”

“I know, but she’s all mine,” Yoseob said and put an arm securely around my shoulders. “There’s one thing though…” He leaned forward and whispered, loud enough for me to hear; “She has never seen the stars…” Yoseob’s friend widened his eyes again.

“Repeat that a hundred times and I might consider understand it…” e grabbed my hand and pulled me inside the observatory. “Come here, Hyunseung oppa will show you.”

“Yah!” Yoseob caught up with us and separated our hands. He glared at Hyunseung. “That’s my job.” Hyunseung shrugged and led the way.

“Up here,” he said and climbed up a steep stair. Yoseob let me go first and made sure I kept my balance.

“Waa…” Was this for real? That’s what I call a telescope! “It’s amazing!” Hyunseung looked proud.

“It’s only an amateur telescope, but she’s always faithful, dear Hyuna.” He patted the, several meter long, telescope with a loving touch, then he turned to me. “Want to take a look.”

“Can I?” I asked happily.

“Of course, come here.” Hyunseung showed me how to do it and steered the telescope in different directions and showed me different stars and planets, galaxies and comets. I gasped at every new sight.

“This is amazing,” I squealed. “Yoseobbie, you have to come and see this!” I called and he was next to me in less than half a second. He pressed his cheek against mine and looked through the telescope.

“Wow, it’s beautiful…” I handed over the telescope to him. Hyunseung chuckled.

“He’s always like that when he’s here.” He turned to me. “Well, I’ll leave the two of you alone now. Make sure he locks the door, and take good care of Hyuna for me.”

“I will,” I promised.

“Nice to meet you Taeyeon-ah,” he said and we both bowed goodbye.

 

 

Yoseob and I got caught up in the stargazing, for God knows how long, until I almost feel asleep standing.

“We should go home,” Yoseob said after catching me midair for the third time.

Probably,” I mumbled and yawned. “Make sure you lock the door…”

 

 

YOSEOB’S POV

Taeyeon kept mumbling as she sat down on the floor and started to fall asleep again. I gently shook her shoulder.

“Taeyeon-ah, not here,” I whispered. I tenderly put my arm under hers and pulled her up from the floor. “Stay here, I’m just going to close…” I ran to close the part of the roof where Hyuna was looking out over the sky and then turned back to where Taeyeon had been standing a few seconds ago. She was gone! “Taeyeon-ah!?” There was a loud thump coming from the stairs. My heart stopped. Did she fall? Did she get hurt? What if she died!? I ran across the floor and dove down to see what had happened. I put my head down the whole in the floor with a crazy stare.

“Are you coming?” Up-side-sown-Taeyeon asked with a tired smile. I sighed in relief. She was fine.

“Just a minute,” I said and climbed down the stairs to her. I hugged her tight. Never again would I think that she might have died, the mere thought might kill me.

“Yoseob, what are you doing? It’s too tight,” Taeyeon said with great difficulty. I eased the pressure.

“Sorry, better?” I asked. She snuck her arm around my waist and stood beside me.

“Much better,” she smiled and with her free hand she took mine, that was resting on her shoulder. “Let’s go, and don’t forget to lock the door.”

 

 

TAEYEON’S POV

I sat down on my bed, exhausted. I gently touched my lips. I wondered when, and if, the goodnight kiss would ever… deepen. I glanced at my sister’s bed. She still wasn’t home… What day was it today? Saturday… right! She was on a date. I glanced at the time. it was late, but I decided to be a good sister and wait up for my unnie. She certainly would want to tell me about what happened.

 

 

“Want to hear about my date?” My sister entered the room with a wide smile, her entire being glowing with happiness. I smiled back at her, but she stopped smiling after taking a look at me. “Taeyeon-ah, are you alright?” she asked as she sat down beside me on the bed. Don’t ruin the moment, Taeyeon. Isn’t this why you have been working? So that your sister and the rest of your family can be happy?

“I’m fine, just a bit tired.” True. “Tell me about you’re date, it’ll cheer me up. I want to hear everything,” I urged her, wanting her to forget to worry about me. She quickly picked up the smiling and told me about the date. I sighed and looked at the ceiling. “He seems so sweet,” I whispered. Comparing him with Yoseob, they were sweet in different ways.

“He is,” my sister whispered. I shot her a glance.

“Did he do anything?” I asked mischievously. She looked at me with big, surprised eyes.

“What!? No!” she said and waved her hands in front of her.

“Not even a hug?” I asked, a bit surprised.

“No.” My sister sounded just a tiny bit bitter. I smiled to myself. Gikwang and Yoseob really were different. Gikwang; a gentleman. Yoseob; a bit more into skin ship…

“Why not? That’s not such a big deal, getting a hug.”

“I know, but it was just the first date. And we don’t know each other that well.” My sister glared at me and I looked back at her, amused with the situation. “Don’t look at me like that, it’s not like you’re getting hugs all the time or giving a lot of hugs, right?” I suddenly remembered that I hadn’t told her about my relationship with Yoseob, for what reason…? I looked down at my hands.

“No…” I decided to change the subject. “Are you going out again?”

“I don’t know, maybe.” She smiled shyly to herself. I thought about what Yoseob had told me about Gikwang’s feelings towards my sister, they seemed sincere…

“He’ll call you,” I said, sure of it. My sister gave me a thoughtful glance.

“It’s late. Go to sleep and don’t be late for school tomorrow, she said and headed for the bathroom. I lay down and mumbled:
”No need to worry about that,” before falling asleep at the instant I put my head on my pillow.

 

 

A few days past, and every morning I found it harder and harder to wake up and every night I felt it felt more and more difficult to say goodnight to Yoseob.

“… But tomorrow is Friday,” Yoseob whined. “How can they force you to work on a Friday!?”

“It’s a usual weekday, Seobbie, everyone’s at work…”

 

 

YOSEOB’S POV

I held my worry in, I knew she didn’t like it when I showed her I was concerned. Instead I wholeheartedly showed her my disappointment in not being able to go on our nextproper date tomorrow.

“Ah, chincha,” I whined and ruffled my hair. I had planned everything so perfect… I’d have to come up with another way to give it to her. “Then, how about the weekend? Are you free? Can we meet?” She laughed at me.

“Don’t you have any other friends?” she asked and stuck her tongue out at me. I pouted.

“I have Gikwang,” I said. She rolled her eyes.

“And Hyunseung, I know, but don’t you ever have any homework? You never even mention school. All my sister ever does, unless she’s at work, is study…” I laughed awkwardly. I couldn’t lie, again. Change subject! NOW! Anything is fine, Yoseob, you can do it!

“Or she’s with Gikwang!” I blurted with a meaning smile. Good one there, boy, that will get her on other thoughts. And how right I was. Taeyeon’s tired face lit up in a smile.

“I know, they are so cute together. Did they have their first kiss yet?” Taeyeon clung to my arm. “Did he tell you anything? What do you know? Spill it!?” Man, that was easy, she had totally forgotten about me never mentioning school by now. I smiled.

“He hasn’t said anything about kissing…” Considering the way I told him that I had kissed Taeyeon (or vice versa…) he really should tell me… or I’d be sooo disappointed! “I do know that they are going out tomorrow though,” I said.

“They are?” Taeyeon squealed. “That’s great. Wah, I’m so happy.”

“Yeah, their kids will look like fairytale children,” I said dreamingly. Taeyeon slapped my shoulder.

“Yah, what are you thinking!? It’s way too early to think about such things right now!” She glared at me. “I, if anyone, should know…”

“I was just thinking…” I said and looked at my feet.

“I know, I’ve thought about it too,” she giggled. “And the kids wouldn’t look like ‘fairytale children’, more like angels,” she said laughing.

“Yah!” I laughed and quickly wrapped an arm around her body, pulling her close. “How dare you blame me for thinking too far if you are doing it yourself!?” I playfully ruffled her hair and she squeaked while trying to escape from me. there was no way I was letting her go.

“I’m sorry, Yoseobbie,” she giggled as I moved my hand from her head and tickled her in the side instead. I laughed like an evil wizard.

“I will not stop until you call me ‘oppa’!” I said theatrically. She curled into a ball to prevent me from tickling her. When did she become so small?

“Never!” she yelled.

 

 

TAEYEON’S POV

It was Friday night. I stumbled into the apartment after cleaning duty. I didn’t feel too well. I was tired and my body felt weak, so weak. A strange dizziness came over me and I leaned against the wall and tried to focus my gaze on something and regain my balance. It didn’t seem possible. My world was beginning to shrink. I opened my mouth in an attempt to say something, call for someone. But my throat was too dry, not a single sound came out. I felt my knees buckle underneath me and the world faded into a dark empty space.

Someone…

 

 

YOSEOB’S POV

I was a naughty boy. My phone was on even though I was at the hospital. The doctors had ordered that I’d be staying over the night. It was late and I wanted to see Taeyeon. I hadn’t seen her in over twenty four hours! I hoped she had gotten home alright, without superhero Yoseobbie beside her…

I had added a detail on my gift for Taeyeon and was now very addicted to a game on my smart phone. Very entertaining, indeed. I was in the middle of a really tricky part of the game when the phone buzzed and Gikwang’s ugly face showed up on the screen, telling me it was he who was calling. I groaned and answered the call.

“Hyuuung,” I whined. “Now I died because of you.”
”Yoseob?” Gikwang’s voice was tense. Something was up. “Are you still at the hospital?”

“Deh… what’s happening hyung?” I asked.

“… Don’t freak out, I’m sure there’s…”

“Tell me what’s going on hyung.” I had a terrible hunch in my stomach telling me that…

“Taeyeon… something happened, the ambulance picked her up a while ago…” I tossed my phone onto the bed and released myself from the sheets. There was no time to lose.

I’m coming, Taeyeon.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Yeah, erm... I have been slow again... But here is the new chapter :)
Also, I just noticed that there is something really strange with my computer, it doesn't want to save this story :'( so I'm struggling with like four different back-up files, so please tell me if there's something weird with the text, or something that you don't understand and I'll fix it ! :)
Please leave a comment ^^

Tinkerbell :)<3