S

Lover Be Strong

TAEYEON’S POV

The door to the office building was open when I arrived, along with Yoseob, to my night shift. Yoseob wrinkled his nose.

“Is your colleague here?” he huffed.  “Good thing I don’t have any ice cream, because I wouldn’t let her taste it if I did,” he said grumpily and pouted like a small child. I giggled at him but said nothing. We walked to the open door.

“Hello?” I peeked inside. My boss poked his head out from one of the offices.

“Taeyeon?” He walked towards me. I blinked in surprise and let go of Yoseob’s hand, I was getting sweaty anyway… I straightened my back and bowed. “Aish, Taeyeon, I’m afraid that your partner is still sick. Apparently she has gotten pneumonia.” He looked regretful.

“Oh, poor girl…” Did that mean…?

“Do you think you can handle this place for at least another week?” My boss looked hopeful. “It seems impossible to get hold of a substitute…” Yeah right, he was just too cheap to call for someone.

“It’s perfectly fine, Boss,” I said with a bow and faked a smile. My boss smiled widely and clapped his hands together.

“Perfect, the same salary arrangement…”

“I can help her,” Yoseob’s voice suddenly interrupted my boss. We both looked at him. My boss laughed nervously.

“Really…?”

“Free of charge, of course,” Yoseob added and my boss rapidly seemed a lot happier.

“Well, you feel free to help out…” Is that even legal? I angrily poked Yoseob in the side. He giggled.

“Stop it, you’re tickling me,” he laughed. My boss looked awkwardly at us and smiled uncomfortably.

“I’ll leave first then,” he said and headed towards the exit. I bowed and expected Yoseob to do the same, but no, Yoseob runs to the door and waves his hands over his head while calling after my boss.

“Bye hyungnim!” He turns to me. “Let’s get to work!” I sighed.

“Yoseob, I won’t let you do that,” I said and gave him a meaning look. He looked confused.

“Do what?” He furrowed his eyebrows and put on a sad look. I tilted my head to one side.

“I’m not going to let you help me.” he looked sad at hearing my words.

“Wae? You don’t want me around?” He sounded like a child about to be abandoned.

“Silly, Yoseobbie, of course I want you to be around.” All the time, but that’s still a secret. “But, I can’t let you work without salary just to help me.”

“But, it’s my pleasure, I want to be with my Taeyeon,” Yoseob whined and puffed his cheeks. I felt my own cheeks flush. He called me ‘his’. “Pretty please, Taeyeon-ah, let me help you.” Yoseob stomped his feet. After seeing him throw this tantrum, how could I ever call him ‘oppa’ again?

“It’s late Seobbie, you should go home,” I said and drove him towards the exit. He sighed in defeat. I wasn’t going to back down on this one, and he knew it. He stopped in the doorway. I put my hand on my hip.

“Now what?”

“I think you’re forgetting something.” Yoseob smiled mischievously at me. What was he talking about? “After our first date I got a kiss…”Yoseob innocently looked in another and leaned forward, obviously expecting another kiss. I blushed, but without hesitation I leaned forward and pecked his soft cheek. Yoseob looked at me with sparkling eyes. He showed me his white teeth in the happiest smile I had ever seen.

“Since it’s our second date, shouldn’t I get…two…?” He gave me an innocent look. I laughed and gave him a slight push out the door.

“Good night, Yoseob.”

 

 

The following day I made a short visit at home before going to my nightshift as a cleaning lady. I was sitting by the kitchen table, making sure the kids finished their dinner properly, when the phone rang and my sister came to answer. I listened to her and surprised turned to look at her when she agreed to meet someone this Saturday and noticed the silly smile on her face.

“Who was that?” I asked, suspecting it to be that blonde guy from the fair.

“Gikwang,” she sighed and smiled dreamingly.

“Gikwang oppa?” The confusion was a fact, but it was nice hearing his name. He, if someone, could make her happy. I started to smile. “Are you going on a date?” My sister blushed and nodded. I wanted to squeal, but I didn’t… “How cute, tell him I said hi.”

 

 

With that knowledge in my pocket I happily went to work, ready to clean my off. I swept through the floors with a constant smile on my face. Not until I had put my cleaning equipment in the janitor’s closet and locked the door I felt how tired I really was. I yawned and turned around to start my walk home. I stopped in my tracks when I noticed a dark figure luring in the shadows right next to one of the gates to office building. Someone was sitting right by the entrance, almost invisible in the weak glow from the streetlights. I slowly moved to the other side of the street and kept a watching eye on the person sitting by the wall. It’s probably just a hobo, I tried to calm myself down. I was beginning to scare myself with ugly mental images of what could happen when I heard a silent snore from across the street. I giggled a little in relief and started walking normally homewards. Then suddenly…

“Taeyeon-ah…” I froze in my steps and snapped my head at the person sitting in the dark. I knew that voice.

“Yoseob?” I hurried across the street and knelt down next to him. He snored a bit more and he was gorging in his sleep. I studied his face a few seconds before I could pull myself together and wake him up. I gently shook his arm. “Yoseobbie…” I said softly. He grunted and wrinkled his nose. I held in a laugh. I moved one hand to his cheek and caressed it tenderly while repeating his name several times. Without opening his eyes Yoseob’s hand travelled to his face and covered my hand. I leaned even closer. “Are you still asleep?” His other arm suddenly wrapped around my body and pulled me towards him.

“Yes,” he mumbled into my hair. I struggled to get out of his grip.

“Liar. You’re obviously awake!”

“I’m cold,” he said and I stopped struggling for a while.

“Of course you are, sleeping outside like this.” Pabo. I got ready to stand up. “Let’s go.”

“Wait.” I stopped once again. “You’re so warm, let’s stay like this for a while.” He buried his face deeper into my hair and wrapped both is arms tighter around me. I knew there was no point in fighting.

“Only for a while,” I said and sounded a bit grumpy, but I made myself comfortable resting on his chest. We stayed silent for a while. He played with his fingers in my hair and I lay stock still listening to his heartbeat. Calm and even.

“It’s too bad you can’t see the stars from here,” he whispered. I turned my head and looked up at the black sky. I had never really thought about it, since I had never been out of town and watched the sky without all the streetlights ruining my view.

“I have never seen them clearly,” I confessed.

“I’ll take you, someday,” he said calmly. I smiled to myself, already looking forward to it. “Let’s go now, before you fall asleep.” Yoseob suddenly pushed himself up to sitting position. I let out a small yelp in surprise as I rolled off him.

“Yah! You could have at least warned me,” I said and rubbed my sore elbow.

“I did warn you.” Yoseob stood up and held his hand out to me. “I didn’t know you would fall off so easily, I was hoping you would cling onto me, and never let go.” I scoffed at him and ignored his hand, standing up on my own.

“Don’t think too high of yourself,” I said and walked off.

“It was only a joke.” Yoseob tugged my sleeve. “Well, no it wasn’t, I really wished that you would hold on to me… But it wasn’t because I think too high of myself. Taeyeon-ah,” he whined and faked a few sobs. I sighed and held back my smile.

“Fine, I believe you.”

“Chincha!?” He immediately lit up in a smile.

“Only if… you give me a piggy-back-ride home,” I said. Yoseob was down on one knee before I had time to say ‘ice cream’.

“Get on,” he said pulling me onto hi back with and stood up. He laughed. “I’m a TT.”

“You’re a what?”

“A TT, Taeyeon Taxi.” He laughed at himself. I rolled my eyes and held on tighter. Was that even considered a joke?

 

 

Yoseob put me down outside of my house.

“Thank you, TT,” I said with a smile. He smiled back at me and then looked up the eight floors of my building.

“Are you able to see the gate from your apartment?” he asked. Not really what I expected to come out of his mouth, but then again, when does he ever say what you expect him to?

“Barely,” I answered his question. “I doubt anyone in my family would even try. They’re probably all asleep by now anyway.”

“So, they wouldn’t notice if I kissed you goodnight” he asked and turned his gaze to meet mine. I felt like my heart got stuck in my throat.

“I-I guess n-not,” I stuttered. He came closer.

“Hence, they wouldn’t mind.”

“P-probably not…”

“Would you mind?” Yoseob stopped inches away from me. I shook my head.

“No,” I whispered. We stood really close together. He had his hands on my waist and my gaze was locked to his lips.

“I can’t do it…” he finally whispered. “… I’m too nervous.” A small smile crossed my face. I grabbed him by the collar with one hand, pulled him closer and placed my other hand on his cheek. A small surprised sound escaped Yoseob as his lips collided with mine. I closed my eyes and took in the sweetness of the kiss. His lips were so soft and tasted vaguely of ice cream. I slowly withdrew from the kiss and shyly looked down. Yoseob placed two fingers underneath my chin and tilted my head up to face him. His eyes sparkled and a tiny smile appeared on his lips.

Now I’m going to kiss you goodnight.” He leaned in and softly pecked my lips. “Goodnight, Taeyeon-ah.”

 

 

YOSEOB’S POV

I gave Gikwang quite a scare. He came down the stairs in the morning and spotted me sitting in the hallway leaning against the door. He was kneeling down beside me in less than three seconds with his phone up, ready to call for an ambulance.

“Yoseob? Are you okay? Did something happen? Are you feeling well?” A million questions rained over my head, but I kept staring into space. As a smile started to spread from the corner of my mouth Gikwang stopped talking. “Yoseob?” I looked up at him and grabbed his shoulders while looking him deep in the eyes.

“Gikwang… she kissed me!” I cheered and sprung to my feet, I bounced around the entire ground floor with an energy I hadn’t felt since I was a child, well… physically. I grabbed Gikwang’s hands and danced him around the house. He was acting grumpy, and I knew I had scared him, but I also knew that he was relieved, and happy for me. I laughed out loud. “Smile for me, hyung, smile for me.” And he smiled.

“I’m happy for you Yoseob-ah.”

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Soo, here I am with another update, finally huh? And it's sort of eventful... But let me tell you, soon the real drama will begin ...
I'll try not to be as slow with the upcoming updates !!!
Comment and tell me what you think about this one, please ^^

:)<3