It Hurts

It Hurts

byunbyuneiy - Aww! -sniffs virtual flower- Thank you!

-------------

Taeyeon's POV

"Tiffany, I have school tommorow so I can't stay late." I told her watching her draw a picture of something.

She pouted, "Aww, really?"

I nodded, ruffling her hair slightly. She softly smacked my hand away, "Yah!"

I giggled, "I promise I'll visit you after my basketball practice."

She raised an eyebrow, "You're making alot of promises to me."

I shrugged, "I'll keep them all."

She smiled, "Have fun at school, I'll see you tommorow."

I smiled, "Thanks, hopefully no more pains. Fingers crossed for you." I said, crossing my index and middle finger.

She smiled and crossed her fingers on both hands as well. I giggled and left the room, hopefully, she'll be alright.

Tiffany's POV

As soon as Taeyeon left, I felt lonely again. I sighed and grabbed the notepad she bought for me, taking a sharpened pencil, I began to sketch again. I didn't know exactly what I was drawing, it was like my hand had a mind of it's own.

I gasped once I realized what, or who, I was drawing. It was Taeyeon.

I surprised at how exact I drew her, it looked very very VERY similar to her. I bit my lip, why did I draw her? Is it because she was my first friend since I've been in this wretched hospital? Yea, that's it.

I set the notepad aside, feeling the pains come back. What the hell? I was perfectly fine when Taeyeon was here. I clutched my stomach. I didn't want the needles, I'll just deal with the pain. "." I muttered, feeling the pain increase. I curled myself into a ball, clutching my stomach hard. I muttered all the curse words that I knew in English. It didn't help.

Screw it. I pressed the nurse button that was located on the side of my bed. A nurse rushed in with a needle and some doctors behind her. I eyed the needle. Dammit, Taeyeon wasn't here. I began to freak out. I crossed my arms, not wanting the needle. Why can't they just give me a pill instead of an injection?

"Is Doctor Kim still here?" one nurse asked the doctor.

"He left with his daughter."

I hugged myself. "Tiffany-ssi, we need to give you the injection, come on sweetie." the elder nurse said softly.

She reminded me of my mother, her soft voice. Suddenly, the pain increased and I yelled out. They grabbed my arms and I thrashed around, "No!"

"Call Doctor Kim" one of them ordered.

Taeyeon's POV

I was about to go to sleep when I heard  my fathers phone ring.

"Yes?"

I waited, listening to the conversation.

"She is? Did you inject it?"

My ears listened intently, were they talking about Tiffany?

"I'l come now. Calm her down."

My dad grabbed his jacket. I quickly changed into suitable clothes, I ran to the front door with him. He looked down at me, surprised.

"I'm coming." I stated.

"You have school tommorow."

I ignored him and walked out the door, getting in the car. He sighed and started to drive to the hospital. We rushed to Tiffany's room, well, I rushed, dragging my dad with me.

From outside, I heard Tiffany yelling and crying. I immediately opened the door. Tiffany looked at me, "Taeyeon!"

I rushed over and sat beside her on the bed, she ended up bawling on my shoulder, hugging me tightly. Surprised, I rubbed her back, "Shh. Stop crying.." I said softly into her ear. "Needles." I heard her murmur. I nodded and ran my fingers through her hair. She stopped crying, and next thing I knew, she was sleeping. 

I gently lifted her arm so the doctors could inject her. My dad looked at me oddly, as if I did something. He injected Tiffany and I laid her back on the bed, tucking her in. 

"You work wonders, Taeyeon." The nurse said to me as she left.

I smiled, still looking at the peaceful Tiffany who was sleeping. I saw her notepad on the floor, it must've dropped when she was thrashing around. I opened it, wondering what she drew. The latest page shocked me, it was a picture. A very exact picture, of me. My dad walked over to my side, eyes wide at what he saw.

"Is that you?"

I nodded, shocked. My dad smiled, "She's a good artist."

I nodded again, sill in awe at how well Tiffany drew me. "Come on, Taeyeon. Let's go home and let Tiffany sleep. You have school tommorow."

My dad walked out the room first. I set the notepad on the desk beside the bed. I tucked a strand of brown hair behind Tiffany's ears. I stared at her for a minute before getting up and leaving with my dad.