Courage

The Month of May
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Courage

Yoona looked down behind her thick eyelashes at her script. Sounds of cameras flashing echoed in her ear. She was currently at a script reading for her newest drama. Once the noise subsided she took a chance to look at her male co-star. His brows furrowed together as he concentrated on the mass of paper in his hand. His hair had grown out of the mandatory military buzz cut he had gotten when he enlisted into a stylish one side cut. His hair was tousled in a way that it made it looked fluffier than cotton candy. Yoona wanted more than anything in the world to run her fingers through his hair to see if it was as soft as it looked. 

The military had hardly changed him except the slight darkness of his skin. He was still as much of a flower boy as the day he enlisted. As Seohyun once pointed out between Donghae, Soohyun and Seunggi, Yoona's taste of men was definitely the flower, more feminine looking type. And Joongki was no different. His soft features absolutely drew her in and his boyish smiles always melted her heart. As if he sensed he was being watched, he looked up. Yoona turned away timidly, heat rising to her cheeks. Even though she was already in her mid-twenties, he still made her feel like a school girl.

She reverted her attention back to the script in fort of her which she's read already thousands of times...Okay so maybe it was more like three but she already knew it at the drop of a hat. The drama was about a woman, Hyomi, taking revenge on another woman Nayoung who has bullied Hyomi throughout high school and college. Hyomi's plan was to steal everything Nayoung had, her work, friends and her boyfriend, Chansuk. And as all cliche story goes, along the way Hyomi falls for Nayoung's boyfriend but he of course finds out about her evil plan and wants to have nothing to do with her. Chansuk reveals Hyomi's plot to Nayoung and finds out Nayoung was as perfect as he thought her to be when he walks in on Nayoung planning to take down Hyomi once again. Of course, it's not a Korean drama without a hot second male lead who happens to be Hyomi's best friend and Nayoung's boss. 

Overall, it was a very complicated and twisted story that had you guessing what was going to happen next. Even the stars of the drama didn't know since the writers didn't write it out yet, they were going to make a decision based on the audiences' reactions. Yoona assumed Hyomi and Chansuk would end up together because all dramas ended that way. Speaking of Chansuk, her eyes wandered back to where Joongki was. One of the other things she liked about him was his confidence, his carefree nature of not caring about what the fans thought about him. She often cared too much. At that moment, Joongki choose to look up, brown orbs made eye contact with her chocolate ones. She inhaled sharply when he smiled at her. She returned the smile and briefly wondered if she could act with him around. He had only looked at her and her heart was already pounding like crazy. What was she going to do when he had to touch her?

~*~

Hyomi brow's furrowed together as she watched Chansuk's every move behind a menu. Spotting the perfect moment, Hyomi got out of her chair and walked straight into him. "Oh my god are you okay?" She asked after bumping shoulders with Chansuk, causing him to drop his tray of food he had just purchase. "Oh my god, I'm such a klutz!" Hyomi chastised herself, her face distraught.

"It's okay." Chansuk replied, not in the least angry. Stooping down, he began to gather the food. 

"I am so sorry. Let me make it up to you." She begged as she helped him clean up the mess she created.

"It's fine, it's just food."

"No really I insist. Are you free tonight? Let's have dinner." 

Chansuk lifted his head up and gazed into Hyomi's round eyes. The words of "I have a girlfriend" was at the tip of his tongue, however that was not what came out of his mouth. "Sure."

"Cut!" The director yelled out. "That was good let's take a break."

"Oppa, can I talk to you for a second?" Yoona asked as the staffs parted ways 

"Sure," Joongki answered, following her of the set. "What's up?"

Yoona fidgeted under his gaze. Could she really do this? Remembering the pep talk her unnies had given her, she swallowed her fear of rejection and playfully said, "Are you free tonight? Let's have dinner."

Joongki tilted his head in confusion. "Yoona, the way you just did it was fine, perfect in fact." He reassured her, thinking that she was only practicing her lines on him.

The face of SNSD gulped, her plan had not worked out as well as she had hoped. "No, I meant actually have dinner with me." She corrected, with each word she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter