Sunday Trips

The Month of May
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunday Trips

 

"Come on, dad, hurry up!" Five year old Youngjae called from ahead. 

"Coming." Youngbae groaned as he sluggishly dragged himself toward where his wife and son were waiting for him. It was that time of the week again, Sunday afternoon, which meant the weekly trip to the grocery store. It wasn't that he didn't like spending time with his family, no he absolutely loved being with them, but they could really get out of hand at times especially at the grocery store. 

"Mom, dad is such a slow poke," Youngjae commented and tugged on her hand. "Is this what happens when people get old?" He asked innocently, his face scrunching up.

Younbae's eyebrow trembled in irritation. He had heard every single word his son had said. Old? He was only thirty! Still very young and hip. He opted to remain silent, waiting for his wife to defend him. 

Yoona chuckled lightly, using a hand to cover . "Nope, it's just your dad," stooping down to Youngjae's level, she lightly pinched his nose. "Don't worry honey, it's not contagious."

"Yah!' Youngae yelled in protest. "You know I can hear you guys."

"Finally! Come on dad." Disregarding his father's complaint, Youngjae dragged Youngbae into the store with Yoona following close behind. 

"Hold on we have to grab a cart," releasing his son's hand, Youngbae grabbed a cart and pushed it forward. As they walked through the vegetable section, they stopped once in a while to grab the items written on their grocery list. 

Then came what Youngbae dreaded the most, buying the items that weren't on the list. 

"Let's go over there." Yoona pointed to one of the aisles. He didn't have to look up to know which aisle it was, it was always the junk food. Without waiting for his reply, she went ahead with Youngjae.

"Hmmmm let's se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter