Key, I Love You

Key, My Guardian Angel

Key's POV:

I sat on Jonghyun's bed, waiting for him to return. He went out to buy some groceries. I was about to get up when my phone vibrated. I looked at the message, and my heart stopped. Minho's wings, gone? Angels? Crap, this is probably the punishment for exposing myself. I was in the middle of texting him back when Jonghyun's sliding doors smashed, and two dark figures pinned me down on the floor, face down. My phone bounced away, and something had hit the send button. I struggled getting up, but i couldn't.

"YAH! What do you wa-"

I looked up to see a familiar face. It was a fellow angel. Well, i didn't really got along with him. He was the gang-leader-that-almost-killed-Jonghyun's angel. Since I was Jonghyun's angel, we were ... naturally enemies? Well, he bent down, and grinned.

"Not so tough now are you, Kibum?"

"Shut up" I grunted as i struggled to break free. I tried extending my wings, but felt a force push them down.

"Ah ah ah" he chuckled. 

I felt his hands on my wing tattoos, and sting that felt like acid on my back. It felt like my back was on fire, and i couldn't do anything about it. I had heard that this is what happens when your wings are locked away. I cried out, and out. The last thing i saw was the angels leaving.

Jonghyun's POV:

I practically was skipping back to the house. I feel so happy to have Key. He's always there, literally! AND! My grades have improved slightly. I chuckled as i skipped home. I stopped where i was when i saw that my balcony glass doors were smashed. My heart plumetting, i dashed home. I burst through the front door.

"KEY!" I dropped the groceries and ran upstairs. I found him laying on the ground, unconscious.

"Key! Key, wake up!" I panicked. Tears began streaming down from my eyes. He was NOT dead! I kept shaking him, trying to get him to wake up. I lay my head on him while i hugged his body. I soon fell asleep.

 

Next morning, i woke up. Key was still laying in bed beside me. Deciding to leave him at home to rest, i went downstairs to get ready for school. When i went to school, i was greated by a teary-eyed Taemin and a worn-out-looking Minho.

"Jonghyun! Where's Key?! Is he alright?!" Taemin ran up to me. I shook my head.

"Minho, how come you're okay? Key's still lying in bed unconscious."

Minho, sighing, said "Im older than Key. Don't ask how old. His wings aren't as fully grown and strong as mine. Sure, it hurt like hell, but i could still wake up. Key ... he might take a while."

"How long?"

Minho shrugged. "1-2 days ... roughly. Im really not sure. Usually when they lock our wings, we can't turn back into angels unless we do something to make up for our actions. I don't regret letting Taemin see my angel form."

I nodded, and the bell rang. We went to class. The school day seemed to take FOREVER. I was shaking my leg, watching the clock. I really wanted to get back home. Key is waiting. The bell rang, and i shot out of the classroom before anyone could hold me back. I ran to the gates, and saw Minho and Taemin.

"I gotta go make sure Key's okay. See ya!" I shot past them.

"Stay safe!" Taemin yelled. I wave and ran home.

I burst into my room to find Key gone. Not there. I dropped my stuff. The bed was made, the balcony door fixed. I found a black feather stuck between the door frame and the sliding door. When i slipped it out, i noticed a slip of paper fall to the ground. Picking it up, it said:

2903 ____________ Street. Tomorrow. 8:00 PM.

Key had to be there. I collapsed on the floor, rolling up into a ball and hugging my legs. Key, don't leave me alone. I ... I love you. I LOVE YOU KEY!  I started crying. Key ........