First Day

Into The Future (Permanent hiatus)

 

“Toto! Taki! Wake up!” A child-like voice said as I felt the bed shake.

I slowly opened my eyes to find a pair of big dark brown orbs staring back at me. The child just giggled a little before jumping on the bed again. I heard Taka give out a low growl beside me before he rolled over in defeat.

“Come on Tai. Let’s get you some breakfast. What do you want?” I asked as I crawled out of bed.

“Pancakes!” Tai exclaimed.

“You had pancakes for breakfast yesterday.” I told him.

“I like pancakes. Can I pwease have some Toto?” the little boy asked staring up at me with puppy eyes.

“Alright. Let’s get Taka to help though.” I stated.

Taka was the better cook than I ever was. Besides, if I had to get up early there was no way I would let him sleep in late. Tai jumped on the bed near Taka again, and practically screamed in his ear.

“Taki! WAKE UP! I want pancakes!” Tai yelled out.

Taka mumbled what sounded like a string of curse words before he finally woke up. He shot me a death glare, but I just stood there pretending to be oblivious.

“Okay. What kind do you want?” Taka asked as he scooped the child up in his arms and kissed his forehead.

“Mmmm…..chocwate chip, pwease.” The child said as he let out a yawn.

“Right. Let’s go make some then.” Taka said as he placed the child on the floor.

Tai reached out his small hand to Taka and led them both to the kitchen. I just stood in the doorway admiring the sight. Memories instantly began to flood through my mind.

 

It had been four years now since Taiga had arrived in this world, and so much had changed since then. Yuka eventually moved to her own place so she could take care of Tai, and Taka and I got to keep him every other week. Taka and I eventually ended up moving into a bigger flat together. Three weeks after we had moved in together, Dreamer had unfortunately ran outside and ended up getting hit by a car. We had a small funeral for him, and Taka was depressed for a few days. Hiro and his band started taking off and doing really well so we hardly ever saw him anymore. Rin and Hiro were still together and sometimes she would go with him on tours. When Rin wasn’t with Hiro she was usually helping take care of Tai or working at the nightclub. Zen stayed true to his word, and we never heard or saw from him again. Yuka and I still kept an eye out for Zen every now and then just to make sure he stayed true to his words. As for my band, we were more successful than ever and were constantly having people recognize us or ask us to come play in their country. A lot has happened in the past four years, and even though we all may not see each other very often, we are still connected and one big family.

 

“Oi! Toru. Hello! You gonna eat or what?” Taka asked as he gave me a confused look.

“Oh. Right. Sorry.” I mumbled.

I grabbed some pancakes and sat down next to Tai at the dining table. Taka sat down next to me.

“Something on your mind?” Taka asked as he shoved a bite of pancake in his mouth.

“Just thinking is all.” I said.

Taka continued to talk with his mouth full, “About?”

“Just the last four years, and how so much has changed.” I said, shoving a bite of pancake in my mouth.

Taka grabbed my hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. I heard Tai giggle a little beside me. I reached over and ruffled his dark brown curly hair, and he let out another giggle.

“Toto. Stop it. You’re messing up my hair.” Tai huffed as he swatted away my hand playfully.

I chuckled at him. He was the cutest little kid I had ever seen. In a way, he reminded me of Taka. So childish and stubborn at times, but completely sweet when he wanted to be.

We all finished up our breakfast, and I ended up being stuck on dishwashing duty. Tai and Taka headed into the living room, and sat down on the couch.

When I had finished cleaning the dishes I joined Taka and Tai on the couch. I found Tai nestled against Taka and sleeping on him.

“Do you want me to take him to his room?” I whispered.

“Yeah. Just be gentle.” Taka whispered back.

I carefully scooped up Tai making sure I didn’t wake him. He turned in my arms before wrapping his arms gently around my neck. I put Tai in his bed, kissed him on his forehead, and slowly shut the door behind me.

Taka was still on the couch when I sat down next to him.

“Is he still sleeping?” Taka asked me as a yawn escaped his lips.

“Yepp. Sound asleep.” I replied.

“Good.”

Taka wrapped his arms around my waist and nuzzled into my neck. I placed a gentle kiss on his head, and I felt his loving smile on my neck.

Not even five minutes later, I heard Taka lightly snoring into my shoulder. I let out a soft chuckle and scooted down the couch so his head now rested against my chest. His hands wrapped around my waist as he held me close to him.

My eyelids grew heavy, and I soon found myself falling asleep to the peaceful sound of Taka’s snoring.


A/N: First chapter! Woot! I think I'm going to post these chapters as a different day like first day, second day, etc. When I post a chapter on someone's POV I'll use a word(s) that describe(s) them as the chapter title. Does that make sense? I'm not sure how many chapters this story will have just yet. Feel free to leave comments, and subscribe. Thank you. ^_^