Snow

Importance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I shifted under the blankets and wiggled my cold nose. I sniffled a bit before turning around in Kris' arm and pressing my nose against his warm bare chest. I snuggled closer to him, wrapping my arms around his waist and sighing softly. Kris groaned and shifted onto his back, causing for me to end up laying on top of the man. I finally opened my eyes and blinked slowly, eyes looking out the grand window that took up most of one of the walls. With sleep still heavily in mind, the fact that it was snowing didn't register in my mind until a minute later. And once it did, boy was I happy. The drowsiness I was once feeling completely wiped away and I was now wide awake and alert with a large smile plastered on my face.

 

It. Was. Snowing.

 

I rolled off the man beneath me, earning a low groan but beside that he didn't stir, and landed on the floor. I grabbed Kris' shirt from the floor and slipped it over my body. I padded across the room to stand before the large window. I pressed my hands against the glass and peered outside, watching the fluffy, white flakes dance in the sky. “Waah.” I muttered in amazement. I love the snow. No matter how many times I've seen it falling and no matter how many times I've played in the snow, I was always happy when I was around it. And now that it was snowing so much outside, I couldn't wait any longer to get at it. I scurried across the floors and practically launched myself in the closet to search for snow appropriate wear. Searching through the messy wardrobe, messy because Kris was the one that organized it, I pulled out everything I needed and quickly slipped them on. Finished, I ran out the door, being sure to be quiet of course, and raced outside. I fell onto the cool ground and happily lied down on the cold surface, feeling completely content with the snowflakes landing on my face.

 

                                                                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Kris opened his eyes and blinked, slowly waking up out of his deep sleep. He stared blankly at the wooden ceiling before rolling over to his side to reach out for his wife. A frown was immediately placed on his face when he realized that the warm and soft body of his wife wasn't in his reach to cuddle. He scanned the bedroom, hoping she would reappear and he could pull her back to bed and continue sleeping but when he waited around five minutes and didn't see her, he finally got out of bed. He sighed and sluggishly walked out of the bedroom to search for his wife. He wasn't particularly worried at the moment because he knew she would be around since she wouldn't wander off at an unfamiliar place.

 

Once searching around the cabin and still not seeing his wife, Kris knew there was only one other place she would be. He walked towards the double doors that would lead to the patio and looked out the clear glass doors. Just as he thought, there was his petite wife rolling around in the snow without a care. She was dressed head to toe in thick snow gear, bouncing around in the winter fluff so innocently. Kris couldn't help but shake his head in amusement. He knew she always loved the snow. Ever since they were kids, this was always the same reaction he saw of her when it was snowing.

“~~~-ah! What are you doing out there?!” Kris opened the door and hollered.

 

My head snapped up from the snowball I was patting down in my hands when I heard my husband's voice. I merrily waved at him as I replied, “Playing in the snow!”

“Come back in!” Kris yelled back and gestured for me to come in with his hands. I reluctantly dropped the snowball I had formed in my hand to the ground and trudged up the small hill to go back inside. I stopped once I was in front of him, stomping my feet and shaking my body to get rid of the snow that stuck onto me. When I was finished, Kris eagerly pulled me back inside the cabin, shutting the door tight behind us. Kris removed the fleece hat I was wearing then smoothed down my hair before resting his large hands on my cheeks. I shivered at the contrasting temperature I felt on my skin. “Look at you, your cheeks are freezing.” Kris commented while rubbing my cheeks softly to bring it warmth. “Why didn't you wake me up before going out?”

“I was too excited. I woke up and it was snowing outside and I just couldn't help it.” I cheerily explained, allowing for Kris to remove all my snow clothing without a care. He gently lowered us down to the floor and with one knee propped up, he sat me down while removing my shoes.

Kris chuckled and tossed my shoes aside “Next time, make sure to tell me before going out like that. I don't want anything to happen to you.”

“Okay.” I replied with a nod. I leaned forward and pressed a chaste kiss on his forehead. “Thanks oppa.” I hopped off his lap and skipped away.

 

Kris was momentarily left in shock as he set a hand on his now warm forehead. He felt a gradual blush blossoming on his cheeks.

“Are you okay?” I came back to check on Kris when I noticed him standing rooted to his spot. “F-fine.” He stuttered with a pink face. I titled my head to the side in wonder but shrugged it off and left Kris to stand alone as I went to clean up. Kris shook his head and patted his cheeks. She really doesn’t know what she does to me.

 

                                                                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“They said there was going to be a firework show tonight.” Kris announced while I was stuffing my face with grapes. After playing in the snow and getting called in by Kris, he went on to drag me back into bed so we could sleep some more. And after sleeping until midday, we woke up to order some room service.

“It starts around 8 o'clock and can be seen from all the rooms.” He added while inspected the sleeve of his thermal shirt.

“Oh.” I blinked and curiously stared at Kris who was sitting across from me at the small table in the kitchen. “How do you even know this? I've been by your side all this time. Where do you find the time to ask someone?”

Kris smirked and pressed a slender finger against his lips, “Secret.” My guard came up when I notic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter