No Ordinary Love

No Ordinary Love

 

Chapter 7

 

No matter how hard he tried to fight for what he feels for him, it’s just hard, it’s too difficult. He’s no longer sure of what he should do or how would he act in front of him, because Donghae knew that he likes him, or worse he was in love with him.

 

He was waiting for him at the living room, sitting on the sofa with the now newly washed clothes that were lend to him earlier properly folded on his lap. It was already two o’clock in the morning but the person he’s waiting for wasn’t back in their dorm yet. At first he was feeling nervous of how he’ll return the clothes to him, that’s why he made sure that he had washed the clothes properly; he wanted to return them as clean and neat as possible. It was weird that he’s the one getting all nervous and thankful at that guy, when in the first place that guy was the one who did something bad at him.

 

If Eunhyuk didn’t pulled him in the pool he wouldn’t end up borrowing some clothes to him. But now aside from feeling nervous he was also feeling  worried. It was already past midnight and he’s getting extremely worried. Donghae was staring at the door, drumming his fingers on his lap,  he was about to stand up and wake Kyuhyun to tell him that his brother isn’t home yet when the door suddenly swung open, revealing the guy he’s been waiting for. After seeing him, Donghae’s heart calmed down.

 

“Hi,” Donghae said in a low voice, greeting Eunhyuk for the guy didn’t seem to notice his presence since it was dim and the only light in the room was coming from the lamp shade on the study table.

 

His voice obviously startled Eunhyuk, for he quickly glanced at the direction of where the voice came from with his wide and reddish single lidded eyes. When Donghae was sure that he had Eunhyuk’s attention he started speaking again.

 

“It’s late, too late actually. Where have you been? It’s already 2am,” Donghae said as he raised himself up from the sofa and walked closer at the new comer, pure concern could be traced in his voice.

 

At first Eunhyuk was just staring at him maybe he’s too tired to give Donghae a glare. And after what seems like a minute or so after Donghae spoke, Eunhyuk responded, “None of your business, why are still up?” he said lazily.

 

“I-I’m waiting for you” Donghae cleared his throat before he continued, “To return your clothes, I already washed them and, and ironed them as well. Thanks for lending me your clothes.” He said as he lifted the folded clothes to Eunhyuk.

 

Eunhyuk was just staring at the clothes not scrutinizing nor surveying them, just staring at it completely. Then he sighed deeply before grabbing his clothes from Donghae’s hands.

 

“You can give them back the next day, why are you returning my clothes in such a rush?” His plump lips curved into a smirk, “And even waited for me, just to get these clothes dispatched away from you. Are you that sensitive and sick over some other peoples’ stuffs that you can’t bear to keep their things a little longer with you? What an oversensitive freak you are then,” he snapped.

 

Donghae had to swallow hard, hell, Eunhyuk misunderstood his intentions. He was finding for the right words to say but he was only able to open his mouth.

 

“Then throw these away,” Eunhyuk threw his clothes back to Donghae, “I won’t be needing those anymore, you have worn them and I don’t want to get the same disease you have, just throw them.”

 

Donghae should be telling Eunhyuk that he’s getting him wrong, that he was returning the clothes because he’s afraid that Eunhyuk will be looking for them right after he got home. But instead of defending  himself Donghae suddenly speak of something else.

 

“Eunhyuk, are you drunk?” Donghae asked, walking a bit closer at him.

 

He noticed the way Eunhyuk was talking; the way he forced his sentence out of his mouth, the way his lashes kept on falling and the redness of his eyes. Maybe he was being this sensitive because he was drunk, Donghae thought.

 

“So what? What’s it to you?” He snapped.

 

“Something bad might have happened to you on your way back, and there’s school tomorrow. And you’re asking me that question? What’s it to me?” Donghae didn’t know why he was suddenly acting like that, was he also drunk? But hell he wasn’t. Though Eunhyuk made it home safely he can’t help but to feel damn worried.

 

There’s something that Eunhyuk wanted to say in return, he wanted to reply with what Donghae had said but he’s afraid he’ll be regretting it later, and thinking of something else to say made him explode, he was drunk after all.

 

 “What the is wrong with that? and what the is wrong with you? Guys do get drunk sometimes, guys do night outs, guys do get home late, guys went over to some places to have some fun with girls, all of those are just freaking normal! And I do those things because I’m a ing guy! Damn it!” Eunhyuk yelled and he was panting when he’s finished.

 

Of course Donghae can’t reason out that ‘he’s a guy but he didn’t have to do those things’, and in fact he haven’t done any of what Eunhyuk said, primarily because he wasn’t one. He’s no straight guy. Donghae even flinched when Eunhyuk said that‘guys went over to some places to have some fun with girls,’  . But nonetheless he kept his composure.

 

“But I didn’t say you’re not.” Donghae said as calm as he can.

 

Eunhyuk’s hands started trembling and he doesn’t like it, “Then stop acting like you care, like I can’t be responsible enough to look after myself”

 

“I’m just worried,” Donghae said almost inaudible,

 

“And I don’t need it.” Eunhyuk said a bit harsher.

 

Donghae tore his gaze from him to stare at the ground, “I’m sorry.” Donghae just felt like apologizing and he doesn’t care why he just felt the need to say it.

 

Eunhyuk didn’t respond, he stared at Donghae for a moment before turning his back and started walking away keeping his hands against the wall for support, because he was still dizzy. He was surprised when he saw Donghae beside him, extending his arms as if offering him some help.

 

“Stay away and don’t you dare hold me, I’m serious.” Eunhyuk said. It should be sounding harsh like before but it didn’t, he spoke in a weak voice which made it obvious that he was getting exhausted. Donghae did what he was told, he gave him way, but before Eunhyuk can reach the stairs he spoke again,

 

“That Ahn Sohee,” he started, “you should stay away from her. She’s someone else’s property and you shouldn’t be associating yourself with her if, you know what I mean--” Eunhyuk wasn’t able to finish his sentence because his body had given off, his consciousness left him completely and thankfully Donghae had fast reflexes and caught him before he hits the ground.

 

Donghae was able to throw his arms around the thin frame of Eunhyuk’s body. If Eunhyuk didn’t happen to passed out, it will look like they were hugging each other, the only thing that made it unreal was Donghae was the only one wrapping his arms around him. Nonetheless Eunhyuk’s head was resting on his shoulder and it made Donghae smile. Even though it felt good and even how long Donghae wanted for them to stay like that, he knows he needs to settle him down because Eunhyuk was unbelievably heavy.

 

Donghae had managed to drag Eunhyuk towards the sofa because there’s no way he can carry the guy upstairs to Eunhyuk’s bedroom. Donghae laid Eunhyuk on the sofa making sure he’s comfortably lying there. He was kneeling on the floor brushing Eunhyuk’s hair that was covering his now peaceful looking face. Donghae then wonders if what he felt for Siwon back then was really love, because somehow it felt different from what he feels for Eunhyuk. Maybe that was just infatuation he felt for Siwon, because he was sure it’s the very first time his heart beats for someone like that, and it beats only for Eunhyuk. Donghae slowly leaned his face down to the sleeping guy, pressing his soft thin lips on Eunhyuk’s forehead.

 

“Sleep well, I’ll be watching.” Donghae whispered at him. Donghae spend the next couple of hours sitting on the floor beside the sofa, staring at him, watching over the sleeping figure beside him until sleep took him over.

----

 

The feeling of a hand tapping his shoulder wakes Donghae up in the morning, he immediately snapped his head up and sighed in relief when Eunhyuk was still sleeping peacefully on the sofa. It was Yesung standing behind him who woke him up.

 

“Hyung,” Donghae spoke while he wiped the corners of his eyes.

 

“What are you guys doing here?” Yesung asked,

 

Donghae looked up to Yesung then back to the sleeping guy on the sofa, “He was drunk last night, and he passed out. He looks so exhausted.”

 

Yesung’s forehead creased by what Donghae said, “He was drunk?” he shook his head, “That was weird, as far as I know he doesn’t drink. He’s mean and rude but he never drinks a single alcohol before.”

 

Donghae’s concern grew even more with the information he got from Yesung, “I wonder what happened? Maybe that’s why he looks so exhausted, he’s not used of being in that state.” He sighed.

 

Donghae glanced at the wall clock and saw that its already 6am, “Hyung, do you think we should wake him up?”

 

“Not yet, let’s give him more time to rest, wake him up later.” Yesung replied, and Donghae just nodded

 

When Kyuhyun went downstairs that morning Donghae told him what happened to his brother. Kyuhyun also got shocked because like what Yesung said Eunhyuk doesn’t drink alcohol. Later on all three of them busied themselves on preparing for school, on the other hand Donghae kept the clothes Eunhyuk lend him inside his drawer, all of them were on their uniforms and before the clock strikes seven Eunhyuk has woken up. He was still feeling sick but he still insisted on going to school. Donghae had to run to get the washbasin in the bathroom when Eunhyuk felt like vomiting, his heart aches seeing Eunhyuk in that state, Donghae soothes Eunhyuk’s back while the guy was throwing up in the wash basin and cursing at the same time for he was having a hard time. Yesung made some coffee which the latter didn’t refuse to drink.  On the other hand Kyuhyun was just leaning against the bookshelf across the sofa, shaking his head in disbelief.

---

 

Jessica gave Donghae a questioning look before she took something out from her bag, she took out her perfume.

 

“You smell awful… what happened to you” Jessica said as she sprayed her perfume at the guy sitting beside her.

 

Donghae lifted his collar up to his nose and smelled it, it was quite embarrassing for he smelled like vomit. He looked at Jessica and shrugged his shoulders in reply, he’ll say why later but not inside their classroom.

 

He looked over his shoulders to check how’s Eunhyuk was doing at the back. The guy with the hang over was resting his head on the desk. Sleeping maybe, Donghae thought.

 

“You should stop being nice to him, he’s not worthy of it” Kyuhyun spoke up, Donghae didn’t respond further and just watched the guy busying himself on his game console.

 

---

 

Their first class ended so fast and the teacher’s announcement regarding their upcoming fieldtrip made everyone in the class bouncy and excited. Unlike last year, the school will be bringing the students in Seoul Planetarium and in one of the largest Theme Parks in Seoul.

 

“I bet the school was just showing off,” Jessica said while they were inside the cafeteria eating their lunch.

 

“Why?” Donghae asked,

 

“Because they wanted to show the exchange students how generous and fun the school is to send their students off to places like that this year.” Jessica replied.

 

“The fact that they’d made the theme park private just for our fieldtrip was a major shock too” Jejoong seconded the motion.

 

“We should all be thankful to the exchange students then, next Monday will be fun.” Henry chuckled.

 

“Hey Donghae, would you like to join us tomorrow? We’ll be buying some snacks to bring for the trip” Jessica invited him.

 

“I’m sorry I can’t go with you, I’ll be meeting my best friend tomorrow. I promised that we’ll see each other during weekends,” Donghae explained.

 

Jessica puffed her cheek in disappointment, “Where are you planning to go tomorrow?”

 

“He said he’ll meet me at the mall, some of our school mates will be going there as well to meet some of their friends.”

 

“Hey, We’ll be buying our stuffs at the mall too. Maybe you can come along with us on our way there.” Jessica said.

 

“Okay then, that’s great, so I can also introduce you guys to him” Donghae smiled.

 

“Don’t worry we’ll give you two some alone time together, we’ll go on our separate ways after we got there and after you get to introduce us. I know you miss your best friend.” Jaejoong spoke up.

 

“Thanks Jaejoong,” Donghae smiled at him,

 

“I wonder if your first love was also coming…” Jessica chimed in.

 

Donghae blushed by the sudden put up of the topic, “Well… I’ve been thinking about that lately.”

 

Jessica leaned closer at Donghae, “About him?” her smile widened more.

 

“Uh-huh, and about that first love thing. And I came to realize that it wasn’t love that I felt towards him.” Donghae said.

 

Jessica frowned, “What do you call that then? Don’t tell me it’s just infatuation,”

 

Donghae nodded, “I would like to believe that it’s just infatuation.”

 

“Well… I don’t see any difference between love and infatuation, you still liked him though.” Jessica said.

 

“Jessie there’s a big difference between love and infatuation, and liking someone is different from loving someone.” Henry rolled his eyes,

 

“Ugh… what’s with these entire love matter topic. Quit talking those stuffs, we’re eating.” Jaejoong interrupted.

 

Kyuhyun laughed at Jeajoong’s annoyed looking face, and for the first time that entire morning Donghae finally saw his friend smiled and laughed. He felt relieved, and he started laughing along with his friends.

 

Kyuhyun then looked at Donghae, “that thing you’re worrying about, you’ll only get to prove that once you’ve seen him again.” he smiled at him.

 

Donghae smiled back and nodded.

 

-----

 

 

The mall was crowded with lots of people, merely because it’s a Saturday. Donghae together with his circle of friends were heading towards the bookstore where Kibum was waiting. Donghae’s lips suddenly curved into a huge smile after spotting his best friend standing outside the said bookstore.

 

“Kibummie!” Donghae called his friend, he got too excited and half ran towards his best friend.

 

“Hae!” Kibum shouted back, their bodies collided with too much force as they both hugged each other.

 

“I missed you so much! I’ve got so many things to tell you that I don’t even know where to start.” Donghae started blabbering in happiness.

 

Kibum laughed at his best friend’s cheerfulness, “Thank goodness you have lots to tell, I got none. The school was still as boring as it was before.” Kibum chuckled.

 

A girl clearing loud enough made the two of them stop from their conversation. Donghae looked at Jessica as his smile had gotten wider.

 

“Don’t worry I’m not forgetting about you guys,” Donghae told them, he looked back at Kibum, “Kibum, I want you to meet my friends in Imperial Academy.” He started.

 

“Here’s Henry, Jaejoong, Kyuhyun, and the rose among the thorns, Jessica, Jaejoong’s sister.” Donghae introduced them; pointing at the person he was referring at. “And guys… I want you to meet my best friend since forever Kim Kibum.”

 

Jessica waved her hand at Kibum as she smiled and looked at Donghae, “What are you saying, you’re also a rose…” Jessica chimed in a sweet voice. Jaejoong who was standing beside her elbowed her lightly telling her to behave.

 

Jessica’s words made Kibum burst into laughter, “So you had told them then,”

 

Donghae nodded, “they’ve been very understanding about it, and I’m thankful.” He said as he smiled back to his friends.

 

Kibum bowed his head a bit lower towards Donghae’s friends. “Thank you for taking good care of him,”

 

“That’s nothing, he’s a good boy and it’s not hard to get along with him.” Kyuhyun was the one who spoke.

 

“So,” Jaejoong jammed in, “It’s really nice meeting you Kibum, I hope we get to have some bonding times next time. But for now I think we should leave the two of you, we know you need some alone time together.”

 

“Right,” Henry agreed.

 

“Thank you guys, I’ll call you later” Donghae said.

 

“Okay, we’ll go then. Have a great day.” Kyuhyun said as they stepped back from the two.

 

“Yeah, call me when you’ve spotted your first love I want to see him,” Jessica had managed to tell him as both Henry and Jaejoong dragged her away from the two.

 

-------------------------------------------

Yeah.. chapter 7 updated! XD

I'll try my best to update the next chapter as soon as possible... [Gosh i'm inspired.. XDXDXD ]

What do you think of this update? XD don't forget to leave your comments...