No Ordinary Love

No Ordinary Love

 

CHAPTER 5

 

Donghae lazily reached for the alarm clock at his bedside table that was ringing noisily, it was already past six in the morning and he’ll be having his first class later at 7:30AM. He was still feeling tired of all the cleaning and unpacking they did yesterday but of course he doesn’t want to be late in his first day and he wouldn’t want Kyuhyun to be late either for they will be going to their classes together. He doubled his effort in raising himself up from the bed and dragged his feet downstairs towards the kitchen.

 

“Good morning.”  Donghae greeted upon entering the area, his eyes began searching for a certain someone he sighed in relief when he only saw Kyuhyun and an unfamiliar guy - whom he guessed was Yesung- sitting on the table and were already having their sandwiches and bowl of cereals.

 

“Good morning” the two boys chorused.

 

The guy sitting next to Kyuhyun raised his hand and waved at Donghae, “Hi! Donghae right? Kyuhyun had been telling me stuffs about you earlier. It’s nice to finally meet you, I’m Kim JongWoon. Just call me Yesung, and welcome to dorm1”

 

Donghae walked nearer towards the table, he smiled, “Thanks. It’s nice to meet you too Hyung”

 

“Donghae feel free to go get yourself something for breakfast. Our fridge is so full, the school had sent additional supplies of food, thanks to you.” Kyuhyun chuckled.

 

Donghae nodded in return, his visions were still foggy and he’s still feeling sleepy. He opened the fridge and took out the bottle of milk and the box of cereals and then he joined the others on the table. He was chewing his cereals lazily when Eunhyuk suddenly came into view, walking towards the fridge. Donghae knows that he needs to at least greet him good morning but he felt his body weakened by the sight of the guy, he obviously seemed to be fresh from the shower with droplets of water dripping from the ends of his hair, having a towel around his waist which is covering his lower body and his upper body completely expose was enough to make Donghae speechless and completely awake. The sight was just normal for someone who’s straight, but not for Donghae. Those perfectly built abs of Eunhyuk somehow reminds Donghae of Siwon, except that Eunhyuk’s skin was more flawless and milky white.

 

Eunhyuk was about to take a drink from the carton of strawberry milk when he noticed Donghae’s presence. Donghae on the other hand quickly composed himself; clearing his throat in the process.

 

Eunhyuk began eyeing Donghae whose hair was pointing at every direction, “Have you even checked yourself first in a mirror,” he smirked evilly before shaking his head and exiting the area holding the carton of strawberry milk.

 

Donghae shyly combed his hair with his fingers, “So, that’s the way he greets good morning, huh.” he mumbled.

 

“You’ll get used to it,” Kyuhyun replied, “Well, after you’re done eating, the shower is all yours, but you need to hurry up we don’t have enough much time.” He continued. Donghae glanced at the wall clock and he gasped as he saw that it was already six forty-five.

 

“I’m sorry, I’ll just take a quick shower then,” he quickly shoved the remaining cereals in his mouth before leaving his empty bowl on the sink as he hurriedly head towards the bathroom.

--------

 

 

Donghae was sitting at the 2nd row; beside Jessica who was sitting in between him and Kyuhyun. He can’t help but to notice the sitting arrangement in the classroom, girls were sitting in the middle; separating two boys apart. Maybe to prevent them from making noises, he thought. Donghae didn’t fail to notice the stares that his classmates were giving him and the sound of bees-like-whispers they were making.

 

The whole class became silent when their class adviser arrived in the room, he seemed to be in his thirties for his face was still young. He smiled warmly when he had sighted Donghae.

 

“Well, I can see that the new student is finally here. Good morning, and welcome to my class. But first please come in front and introduce yourself to us.” He said.

 

As Donghae raised himself from the chair and started walking in front of the class he can hear his female classmates giggling softly.

 

“see, I told you he’s good looking,” a girl hissed at her guy seatmate,

 

“..He looks like a girl…” said by another one.

 

“he is so cute…” one of the girls cooed.

 

It made Donghae blushed by hearing his classmates’ sweet compliments.

 

He cleared his throat before starting to speak, “Good morning. My name is Lee Donghae, 17 years old. I’m an exchange student from Seoul Royal Academy. It’s nice to meet you all.” He ended his introduction with a sweet smile which made the girls in the class swoon. Little did they know that Donghae’s not interested in the opposite .

 

“So class, I’m expecting that you’ll treat our new student nicely and gave him good impressions on our school.” Then he faced Donghae, “ Welcome to my class Mr. Lee Donghae, I’m Professor Park, the class adviser.”

 

Right at that moment one of his female classmates raised her hand, “Yes Tiffany? What’s that?” Mr. Park asked her,

 

“We want to ask more questions to our cute visitor, Sir,” she said while tucking her hair behind her left ear.

 

Mr. Park gave Donghae the is-it-okay-look to which Donghae replied with a nod. And by that the class began raising their hands high above mid air, too eager to ask Donghae some questions.

 

Tiffany was the first one to ask, “Donghae-ssi do you already have a girlfriend?” and her question made the other girls giggle as they wait for his answer.

 

Donghae who obviously got surprised by the question forced himself to smile, “No, I’m not in a relationship right now.” He answered politely. And the girls started to giggle and make noisy whispers again.

 

“Yes YoonA?” the professor entertained another question, he seemed to be enjoying the fact that his class were enjoying themselves.

 

“What do you like in a girl Donghae?” she asked,

 

Donghae took a deep breath, he was thinking of something he can say. That’s when a certain someone entered his mind, and obviously it wasn’t a girl but nevertheless he found himself talking, “Honestly I get easily attracted to someone who was capable of showing her true self, I want an honest person aside from the brain and nice personality. Though, I find shy-type of persons cute.” To Donghae’s amazement every girl in the class began behaving themselves, if they were raising their hands too high earlier, now they were just raising their hands in the level of their heads. The sudden change of behavior made some of their classmates as well as their class adviser laugh.

 

“Sunny?” the professor called another one again,

 

“Donghae-ssi, can we call you oppa ?” she asked giving stress to the word 'oppa' and making it sound cuter.

 

“Of course, call me in whatever you like as long as you feel comfortable with it.” he replied. Donghae was starting to like his classmates, he found them really straight forward and funny. Their questions never fail to make him laugh. He even found Jessica and Kyuhyun laughing along.

 

 “Omo! So we can also call you oppa?!” this time it was a guy who spoke, half of the class obviously males burst into laughter. Though Donghae didn’t find it offending, the teacher did.

 

“Changmin, behave yourself will you.” the professor scolded the male student.

 

The Changmin guy pretended to got hurt, “It’s not fair, it looks like the girls were the ones who are only allowed to ask questions.” He blurted out.

 

“Everyone can ask as long as you ask nicely,” the class adviser replied.

 

“Yes Hyukjae? you want to ask something?” the class adviser entertained the guy who was sitting alongside with Changmin at the very back row.

 

Donghae was surprised to see him raising his hand, his heart began beating faster as he waited for what Eunhyuk was going to ask.

 

Eunhyuk leaned closer as if surveying Donghae from head to toe the exact thing he did when the two of them first met, he placed his elbows on top of the desk; resting his chin on the back of his hands.

 

“You look so gorgeous, are you sure you’re not a girl?” Eunhyuk asked in a teasing tone.

 

Donghae turned tomato red, he suddenly stopped breathing. Did that guy just gave him a compliment. It sure was embarrassing, but how the hell can he hide his blush from everyone? Go hide under the teachers table?

 

Donghae was startled when Eunhyuk together with Changmin and the rest of the boys sitting at the back started laughing boisterously.

 

“Have you seen his face?!” Eunhyuk said between his laughters, “Don’t tell me that you actually did believed what I’ve said!” he exclaimed, tears were now visible at the corner of his eyes for he’s laughing too much.

 

“Maybe he actually did! He looks so freaking funny!!” Changmin added.

 

Donghae fought back the urge to curse the both of them by biting his lips. He can feel his face heating up in embarrassment.

 

“QUIET!” the angry voice of their class adviser Mr. Park silenced the noisy class. “That’s not the way I expect you to welcome our new student. Lee Hyukjae! And you Changmin! Go stand outside the corridor for the rest of my class.” Mr. Park commanded them. The boys were about to exit the room at the back door when Donghae suddenly spoke

 

“Sir, it’s okay. We were just having fun right? Seriously you don’t have to send them outside.” Donghae tried to convince their teacher. Yes, Donghae was angry because they made fun of him, but he doesn’t even know why he was feeling concerned all of a sudden.

 

Mr. Park sigh heavily as he turned to face the two students, “You should be thankful that Mr. Lee Donghae is being nice despite the prank you just pulled up. Go back to your seats now, the both of you.”

 

Changmin was mumbling something as he dragged his feet lazily back to his seat facing the ground, but Eunhyuk stayed standing at the back door.

 

“Hyukjae, why are you still standing there? Go back to your seat.” Mr. Park commanded him.

 

“I’d rather stand outside, than be thankful to that blonde.” Eunhyuk retorted. He grabbed the doorknob and exited the room before Mr. Park can even open his mouth to scold at him.

 

Donghae couldn’t believe that that guy was indeed a complete . He wasn’t requiring him to thank him at all, all Eunhyuk needs to do was to go back to his seat like nothing happened, that would be just fine. He and his stupid pride, Donghae thought.

 

Mr. Park shook his head in disbelief, “I’m sorry about that Donghae.” the teacher apologized.

 

“It’s okay Sir, I understand.” Donghae smiled at him before returning back to his seat. The class finally began but Donghae finds it hard to concentrate after what happened. He was trying his best to keep his composure because he was really feeling irritated, he regretted his moves earlier. He shouldn’t have tried helping him.

 

“You shouldn’t be thinking about it. It will only upset you more” Jessica said, her voice was full of concern.

 

“I know, I just couldn’t help it.” Donghae replied. Right at that very moment Donghae remembered something, he glanced at his seatmate and move closer so he can whisper something to her. “There’s something you should know about me, it may shock you but nevertheless I’ll still tell you.” he whispered.

 

Jessica chuckled softly by the sudden seriousness of his seatmate, “And what is that?”

 

“I’ll tell you later, the others also needs to know.” And by that both of them continued on writing down their notes.

--------

 

“It seems like your school always calls for a meeting,” Donghae said out of curiosity.

 

“Yes, but only these past few days. They are preparing for the fieldtrip next week.” Kyuhyun replied even though he was busy on his game.

 

“That sounds fun, are we all included in the fieldtrip?” He asked,

 

 “Yes. The whole high school department is included, I wonder where the school is planning to take us this time. I’m sick of going to art museums, they should take us somewhere else.” Jessica answered.

 

The three of them were sitting in one of the long tables inside the Academy’s library. The vice principal had called a meeting for the high school teachers which gave the students an hour break. They were waiting for their other two friends and after fifteen minutes of waiting Donghae caught sight of the two entering the door. To Donghae’s surprise he saw Krystal with them, she was clinging to Jaejoong’s arms and her head was leaning at his brother’s shoulder. She looks sad, Donghae thought.

 

“Hi!” Henry greeted them as he reached his friends table, “Sorry we’re late, Jaejoong’s fault for bringing an additional baggage” Henry told Donghae as he glanced over Jaejoong and Krystal.

 

“Get off,” Jaejoong hissed at his younger sister as soon as they reached the table, “I said get off now, let.go.of.me, and stop whining we’re inside the library” Jaejoong shook his left arm lightly which made his sister let go of his arm.

 

“Fine.”  Krystal crossed her arms in the level of her stomach as she stomped her feet towards her twin sister Jessica who was also surprised to see her twin joining them again.

 

“So, what made you bring her with you today?” Jessica asked Jaejoong after the three new comers had settled themselves on their seats.

 

“Ask her,” Jaejoong said.

 

Jessica shifted her gaze to Krystal who decided to sit next to her. After scanning the looks on her twins face Jessica spoke up, “Let me guess, you and your stupid boyfriend had a fight again.” Jessica said.

 

Krystal’s forehead creased more because of what Jessica said, “Stop calling my boyfriend stupid, because he’s not. And no fight happened, okay.” Krystal puffed her cheeks as she exhaled, “He’s in a bad mood today, he told me to keep my distance for a while because he wants to be alone. He kept on cursing around again, and I hate it.” she was facing down, which made her hair slightly cover her face.

 

Donghae who was listening to their conversation suddenly spoke, “What is he saying?” he asked out of curiosity and concern, and had forgotten that Krystal don’t know him yet.

 

The depressed girl who was absent-mindedly playing with the hem of her uniform spoke up, “He kept on saying ‘who the does he think he is,’ and followed by a‘that ing blonde’ “ she replied imitating Eunhyuk’s voice.

 

Jessica shook her head, “Maybe Eunhyuk wasn’t really stupid, because he’s psychotic. Seriously, he’s suffering from a great mental disorder. Your boyfriend is acting like that because he’s been scolded again earlier. It’s his fault anyway, and now he’s the one who’s getting all angry.”

 

Krystal snapped her head up, “How can you be so judgmental Jessie?” she exclaimed,

 

“Sshhh…” Jaejoong, Henry, Kyuhyun including Donghae chorused.

 

“We are inside the library people…” Henry reminded the twins.

 

Both Jessica and Krystal rested their back at their seats in unison, both of them pouting, and that’s when Krystal noticed Donghae. She instantly leaned a bit forward to take a better look at the guy since her twin was sitting in between them.

 

“You must be one of the exchange students right?” she smiled.

 

Donghae smiled back, “Yes, I am. I’m Lee Donghae I’m with the same class with Kyuhyun and Jessica.”

 

Krystal mouthed an ‘O’ as she realized something, “So you must be the blonde who pissed Hyukjae off”

 

“I’m sorry,” Donghae found it weird that he’s the one apologizing,

 

“No, it’s okay. My boyfriend had some anger management issues, but that’s all. He’s like that all the time.” Krystal said it like it was just normal for a guy to act like that, or maybe she was just so used to it. “So, the rumors are true then,” she added.

 

“What rumor?” he asked,

 

“They say that you look like a girl. I don’t believe it at first, but now I do.” And Donghae can’t help but to blush by that.

 

Then the group drowned themselves into a silent conversation after that. Discussing things like where do they think the school will bring them for their fieldtrip, telling Donghae things about the weirdness of some of the high school professors, the students bossing around the school grounds including the famous Lee Hyukjae to which Krystal didn’t dare to disagree because it was obviously true. Their conversation was cut off when Jessica reminded Donghae about the thing he said he wanted to tell them. And that exact moment Krystal’s phone vibrated on the table.

 

She reached for it and read the message she received, and by the sudden smile on her face they can tell that it was Eunhyuk.

 

“So what did your boyfriend said?” Jaejoong asked,

 

“He says ‘2nd floor north lobby’ ” Krystal replied cheerfully. All five of them stared at Krystal in disbelief.  

 

He sure is a man of few words, what the hell does that mean, Donghae thought.

 

“I guess he’s feeling better now, I need to go, my boyfriend’s waiting for me,” Krystal said.

 

“That sick bastard, he can say ‘I’m at the 2nd floor north lobby, meet me here.’ What’s hard in making your text a bit longer, the fact that typing that sentence wasn’t that long after all.” Jaejoong exclaimed.

 

Krystal didn’t try to argue with her older brother, instead she sighed, “Because he know I’ll understand.”

 

Donghae felt his heart aches by what Krystal said, why? Maybe he envied her because somehow Eunhyuk was aware that she can understand. There’s no way a guy like me can compete with that, Donghae thought. Then Krystal bid her goodbye as she walked towards the exit.  

 

Jessica turned to face Donghae who was sitting next to him, “So? What’s that you wanted to tell us?”

 

Donghae swallowed hard, he glanced at Kyuhyun and he gave Donghae an encouraging look, like saying it’s okay, I’ll help you out. Then he faced his other friends who were all waiting for Donghae to say something.  He took a deep breath before starting, okay, here we go.

---------

 

“… and I thought it’s going to be hard to make you guys understand” Donghae had been smiling after they’d exited the library. He mouthed the word ‘thanks’ to Kyuhyun, and the latter replied with a smile.

 

“I still couldn’t believe it, though. Maybe if you didn’t happen to look feminine it will be hard to accept that fact.” Jaejoong kept on shaking his head.

 

They were on their way towards their next class.

 

Jessica hugged Donghae from the back, “I’m glad you’re being honest with us. And above all I’m happy to know that I’m no longer the only female in the group” she beamed.

 

“What are you saying, I’m still a guy” Donghae chuckled,

 

“But we both like guys” Donghae blushed by what Jessica whispered at him.

 

“I guess we’ll see you later then,” Henry said as they reached their classroom, “Jessica, don’t cling to Donghae too much. People might give wrong impressions.” He added. Jaejoong and Henry gave Donghae a tap on the shoulder before getting inside their classroom.

 

As the three of them continued walking towards their classroom, Donghae saw a small group of boys along the hallway. The small group was looking intently at him, and they’ll be passing through them.

 

“What a cute couple we have here…” A beautiful-looking guy suddenly spoke up, his skin was milky white exactly like Eunhyuk’s skin. “So, what is the name of your couple then? The blondes?” the guy added and his friends burst into laughter.

 

Jessica immediately let go of Donghae’s arms, as she stepped backwards to hide behind Kyuhyun and Donghae’s back.

 

“Please give the lady some respect,” Donghae doesn’t have any idea where the sudden courage came from, but he knows he needs to defend his friend.

 

The white guy smirked and it gave Donghae goose bumps, “Don’t you dare tell me what to do new guy.” He said through gritted teeth. He stepped closer to Donghae and grabbed the latter’s’ collar.

 

“So you’re the new guy who pissed Hyukjae off, guess what? You’re pissing me off as well just by looking at you.” he said. “Are you enjoying the attentions that the girls in this school are giving to you? huh? If that pretty face of yours is the source of your over confidence I’ll be more than willing to break that face off.” He threatened.

 

“I dare you to do that to him” It was Kyuhyun who spoke, he was glaring at the beautiful looking guy. “Do that, and I’ll make you pay Kim Heechul.” Kyuhyun spoke with a deep serious voice.

 

Heechul replied Kyuhyun’s statement with a glare, he tightened his grip onto Donghae’s collar.

 

“Hyung stop it,” said by someone who was behind Heechul, his voice was familiar and out of curiosity Donghae tilted his head to see who it was, Eunhyuk.

 

Eunhyuk stepped closer, he pried Heechuls hand away from Donghae’s collar. “The teachers will be on their way in any minute now, save that for next time.” He said as he grabbed Heechuls shoulder lightly to take him away from the three.

 

“,” Heechul hissed, “Your brother pissed me more, than that blonde!” he gave Kyuhyun and Donghae one last glare before walking away together with some of their friends. The only ones who remained were Eunhyuk and Changmin, obviously because their classroom is just a room away.

 

“What the is your problem? Keep your mouth shut next time!” Eunhyuk hissed at Kyuhyun.

 

“Don’t tell me what to do, I can decide for myself, unlike you.” Kyuhyun retorted.

 

Eunhyuk glared at him, “Then just get out of the ing way and let them do their things,” Eunhyuk said gritting his teeth.

 

“I won’t, Donghae is my friend and I won’t let them even you, harm him”

 

“It looks like you found yourself a new brother” Eunhyuk smirked,

 

Donghae then felt the urge to stop the siblings, “Please don’t fight,” was the only thing Donghae could say.

 

Eunhyuk tore his gaze from his twin brother as he faced Donghae, “Acting all heroic and kind again?”

 

Donghae sigh, “I don’t know what’s your problem with me, but I’ll try my best to understand.” Donghae said with such gentleness in his voice.

 

Eunhyuk bit his cheek to prevent himself from talking back any further.

 

“Hyukjae! just leave them, come on!” Changmin called him.  Eunhyuk shook his head before turning his body around, both Changmin and him started walking towards their class.

 

Donghae tapped Kyuhyun’s shoulder, “Thanks,” he said. Kyuhyun just smiled again in return.

 

“Hey Jessica, the coast is clear now, you can come out” Donghae chuckled. And Jessica stepped out from behind their backs.

 

“Gosh, that really scared the hell out of me.” She said while fanning herself with her hands.

 

“Me either, but we have Kyuhyun. He’ll be our bodyguard from now on.” Donghae told her.

 

“I never said that” Kyuhyun chuckled. “If you want me as your bodyguard you should at least pay me for the job.” He said.

 

“Fine, I’ll pay you double just don’t let your brother and his stupid friends get near me again” Jessica replied as she began walking towards their classroom with a pale face. Donghae and Kyuhyun followed her behind, making fun of their friends funny facial expression.

---

Well.. here it is.. Chapter 5!