No Ordinary Love

No Ordinary Love

 

 

CHAPTER 27

 

 

As they reached the 2nd floor of the school building Yesung splits up with the three sophomores as he climbs up another floor to the senior’s floor level, then the three males continued on their way to their classroom. Students were still scattered along the corridors chatting with the students from the other sections.

 

Donghae halted to a stop which made Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk stop as well. Standing outside their classroom were Jessica, Jaejoong and Krystal. It is just an ordinary scene for an ordinary day to see the siblings together at the corridors, but what made Donghae nervous and suddenly frightened was the way Jessica and Jaejoong are looking at him, the way they are staring at ‘them’.

 

He should’ve expected this to happen, of course Krystal would tell her siblings and now he’s doomed.

 

“I-I think they already know…” Donghae whispered enough for the two males beside him to hear.

 

“There’s only one way to find out, we have to talk to them, now.” Kyuhyun told him, Donghae nodded in reply as he looked at Eunhyuk for permission. The blonde male’s eyes were pleading, as if asking him if he can talk about ‘them’ to his friends.

 

Eunhyuk sighed, “Just try not to catch the others attention,” he approved. With that the three of them walked closer to where the siblings are standing, at the very corner or the corridor.

 

As soon as the three stopped in front of the siblings Jaejoong was the first to speak, greeting the new comers with an impassive and cold “Hello,”

 

Donghae dropped his gaze as he felt the sharp stares of his friends cutting him deep, “Hi,” he greeted low, his voice shaking and almost inaudible due of being scared and tense.

 

“From the way you act, and from the way you stare at Donghae and Hyukjae it’s obvious that you guys already know what they’ve been keeping from everyone.” Kyuhyun spoke up, sensing that Donghae cannot do the talking all by himself, of course Eunhyuk wouldn’t bother to in.

 

“A- huh, we knew about it already.” Jessica replied, her voice was cold as well, too far from her cheerful tone. “But because we are not the type of friends who easily believes on what other people says even if it was our sister who told us, we still want to hear it directly from Donghae,” she continued.

 

“Donghae, is it true? Are you really together with ‘him’?” Jessica asked the boy who was facing the ground, giving stress to the word ‘him’ and was obviously referring to Eunhyuk.

 

Donghae gathered all his strength as he raised his head up to face his friend, he took a deep breath as he proudly replies, “Yes. I know this is insane and too far from being acceptable but yes, we are together.”

 

Jaejoong tried to open his mouth in an attempt to say something but from the way he clutched his fist, Donghae could see that he was controlling himself, maybe preventing himself from exploding.

 

“What’s wrong with you? So you’re in love with that guy?” Jessica asked Donghae, side eying Eunhyuk.

 

“I-I don’t see anything wrong with it,” Donghae told her.

 

“How long have you been keeping this from us?” Jeajoong was the one to asked.

 

“Hadn’t Krystal told you about that?” Donghae asked back, stealing a glance at Krystal who was standing so silently in between her siblings.

 

“They’ve been only together yesterday, but I’m not sure of when he started seducing Hyukjae,” Krystal spoke and her words were accusing.

 

“I did not,” Donghae defended his self.

 

“Oh really?” Krystal taunted him.

 

“Krystal stop that,” Jaejoong silenced his sister.

 

“Jaejoong, Jessica please you have to let me explain. I know that this had shocked the two of you, so please hear my side.” Donghae pleaded he wants to take Jessica’s hands but he was afraid.

 

“Maybe it will be much better if you’ll stay away from us from now on, besides you’re leaving soon right? So there is no need to waste everyone’s time talking about this matter.” Jessica replied.

 

“This is unfair don’t you think,” And all their eyes quickly shifted to the one who suddenly spoke up, Eunhyuk. Even Donghae was surprised that he was diving in the confrontation.

 

“And what do you know about the word ‘unfair’ huh?” Jessica retorted.

 

“It’s unfair that you are only hearing one side of the story, why can Krystal tell you what she wants but you cannot let Donghae tell what he wants to explain. He also has his own side of the story to tell. I don’t care if you have problems with me, and I won’t be asking for your understanding. But at least respect Donghae and give him his chance to explain,” Eunhyuk said, and no one dares to talk after he spoke of those words. Donghae can’t deny that he was deeply touched of how Eunhyuk was trying to help him.

 

“This is also hard for Donghae, I hope you can let him explain,” Kyuhyun backed up his brother, knowing that Eunhyuk has a point.

 

Their conversation ended as the loud bell which signals all students to get inside of their classroom ranged around the school grounds. Everyone in the hallway started going inside their specific classrooms. Jaejoong and Krystal were the first ones to leave the group as the both of them went inside their classroom.

 

“Jessie,” Donghae murmured as he tried to reach her hand.

 

“Don’t” Jessica stopped him as she stepped out and went inside their classroom.

 

Kyuhyun tapped Donghae’s shoulder, “We will talk to them again, okay?” He told his friend, before stepping inside of the room.

 

Eunhyuk sighed heavily seeing Donghae’s forlorn expression. When everyone seems to be inside of their classes he then let his hand brush the back of Donghae’s right hand, soothing him from the sadness and disappointment he was feeling.

“Don’t cry.” Eunhyuk said when he saw the tears starting to form in the latter’s eyes, “If you can do it, I’ll join you and Kyuhyun later at lunch” Eunhyuk told him which made Donghae slightly chuckle.

 

“Okay, I won’t cry then,” Donghae replied, a smile formed on his lips, “Thank you Hyukjae,”

 

Eunhyuk nodded, “Let’s go inside,” he told the blonde, and then they both stepped into their classroom.

 

--

 

Sitting right next to Jessica wasn’t that bad like what Donghae had thought. Only that the rest of his classes had passed and not a word had escaped from either one of them. It was hard for he wanted to talk to her but he realized that it will be much better if he’ll give his friend some space and time to think. He was only thankful that Jessica isn’t being harsh on him.

 

--

 

The school canteen was flooded with students that afternoon and the hall was still as noisy as ever. With this, Donghae, Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk were able to get in one table without the crowd noticing their surprisingly new formed group. They chose the table at the far most corner to isolate themselves from the other students. They occupied the empty table near a vending machine with Donghae in between the twins.

 

“What will you have for lunch?” Kyuhyun asked the couple though his eyes were fixed on his game.

 

Eunhyuk glanced at Donghae who seemed to be so upset and wasn’t in the mood for anything, “What do you want to eat?” he asked him softly.

 

Donghae gave a lazy shrug in reply, “I guess I’ll pass, I’m not hu-”

 

“What do you want to eat?” Eunhyuk repeated, cutting off the latter’s sentence. He raised an eyebrow at the younger male showing him that he doesn’t like the way Donghae was acting.

 

Donghae sighed in defeat “Fries would be fine,” he replied.

 

Right then Kyuhyun stood up from his seat, “I’ll buy the foods” he said looking at his twin, “Pay me later,” he told Eunhyuk, he didn’t wait for an answer as he went straight to the sea of students lining up at the counter.

 

Donghae groaned low, “I was really happy this morning, it’s just wonderful, everything was so wonderful from last night, from waking up this morning, from walking together to school. Why can’t it just last long.” He said as if speaking solely to himself. He dropped his hands on his lap as he bend forward and rests his forehead on the table feeling his energy slowly draining.

 

Eunhyuk just stared at him, letting the other talk while he silently listens.

 

“I can’t lose my friends, not now” Donghae muttered,

 

“Maybe you’re regretting things now,” Eunhyuk spoke, his eyes still on the blonde’s head.

 

Donghae slowly turned his head to the side so he can look at his boyfriend, the side of his head resting on the table. “What?” he asked his forehead creasing,

 

Eunhyuk smirks, but it was idle and lifeless, “I can’t blame you if you’re feeling a slight regret in being with me, it’s the reason why you’re losing your friends” he replied.

 

Hearing it made Donghae’s eyes widened, he raised his head up as he moved closer to the older, “I-I’m sorry if I’m making you think that I regret ‘us’. But I’m not feeling such a thing, I’m not regretting anything especially being with you.” he told him with all honesty.

 

A smile appeared on Eunhyuk’s lips, it was smug yet attractive, “Just in case you’re regretting having this relationship, you should know that there is no turning back anymore. After all this time I’m afraid that I won’t let you leave me, not now, not until I’m done loving you.” he let out the sweetest warning he can give to his partner.

 

As much as Donghae would love to stare at his boyfriend’s beautiful brown eyes and drown himself into his words he had to drop his gaze to hide the blush Eunhyuk had just inflicted on him.

 

“I never imagine that you had a tongue for sweet talking” Donghae chuckled low, pressing both of his hands together on his lap, playing with them under the table.

 

“Why, you don’t like it?” he asked raising his eyebrow,

 

Donghae shook his head a shy smile visible on his face, “Of course I love it, I just had to get used to it.”

 

“Nah, I won’t let you get used to it. I love making you blush in an instant” Eunhyuk replied smirking so arrogantly at his Donghae.

 

“Whatever” the blonde playfully retorted as the smile on his lips got wider, his teeth almost showing.

 

It was amazing how the blonde had shortly forgotten his problem, letting him appreciate the people that he still has. But then his problem slowly crept again into his head but he fought back the urge to feel sad, he mustn’t, not in front of Eunhyuk.

 

Without giving him much time to remind himself of the problem he has with his friends Donghae stiffened a little when Eunhyuk reached for his hands under the table; slipping his hand in between Donghae’s clasped hands. The sudden contact made the younger smile, letting his fingers intertwine with his boyfriend’s hand. He glanced up at him tearing his gaze from their hands and then smiled at him to whom Eunhyuk replied with a smile though not as wide as his, Donghae can see more in his eyes and he can feel him as well. He loves him, and he couldn’t be more grateful.

 

Eunhyuk broke his stare at the other as he looked down on their fastened hands under the table, he sighed “Will it be selfish if I’ll want you to think of only me when we’re together,” he let out brushing his thumb on the back of Donghae’s hand.

 

Donghae laughed but he was agreeing as he nodded in return, “Stay with me,” he mumbled.

 

“No problem,” the latter replied displaying a smug smile on his face as if showing that Donghae’s request was easy for him to grant.

 

Their moment ended when Kyuhyun came back on their table with their lunch on a tray plus with Henry beside him.

 

Donghae immediately turned into a stone on his seat as his eyes met Henrys’. Another friend who has no idea of everything and maybe he too already knows, maybe Jaejoong or Jessica had told him. He tried to remove his hand from Eunhyuks’ but the latter only gripped his hand tighter, refusing to let go of his hand. Not that Henry will see it’s just that Donghae felt suddenly uncomfortable in front of his friend.

 

“He’s joining us for lunch-” Kyuhyun cut his own sentence off for a second, his forehead creasing. “Wait. Why am I asking permission anyway, he’s our friend he can tag along if he wanted to. ” Kyuhyun told Donghae. Then turned his attention back to Henry “Just sit down.” He told him as he sat down on the table placing the tray of foods down.

 

“Hey” Henry greeted as he settled himself on a chair next to Kyuhyun. It wasn’t a cold greeting nor his eyes send Donghae warnings but the blonde couldn’t help but to still feel nervous.

 

Donghae lifted the corner of his lips into a smile, “Hi,” he greeted back.

 

Henry laughed at how tense Donghae smile was, “What’s with that face?” he chuckled,

 

Donghae’s brows furrowed, puzzled by his friend’s behavior, “Aren’t you made at me?” he asked softly.

 

Henry placed an elbow on the table, resting his chin at the back of his hand, “Why? Do you want me to?” he retorted playfully.

 

“You’re not mad?” Donghae asked his voice was louder than before, he was obviously surprised.

 

“Donghae, Krystal isn’t my sister. Yes she’s a friend but you’re also my friend. And I’m not choosing sides here okay, I’m in both sides,” he ended his sentence posing a V-sign to his friend.

 

“Thank you” Donghae replied, smiling at him.

 

Henry tore his eyes from the blonde as he examined the guy sitting beside his him, “Err… so you guys are really together?” he asked as he returned his gaze back to Donghae.

 

Donghae was about to nod when Eunhyuk suddenly raised their intertwined hands on the table, answering Henry’s question with a brave and forthright ‘yes’.

 

“Okay…” Henry slowly mouthed while his eyes are wide in shock.

 

Donghae with a flushed face immediately drag their hands off the table, and then looked around them, checking if students had seen them. He doesn’t have any plan on letting the whole school know, besides he wants to protect Eunhyuk’s image knowing that his boyfriend’s friends are bunch of no-goods.

 

“What are you doing?” Donghae whispered softly at Eunhyuk, the blush on his face still visible.

 

Eunhyuk laughed. “Your friend was asking, can’t I answer the question?”

 

Donghae glance at Henry and saw his friend staring at them awkwardly, his mouth slightly open, maybe he was a bit shocked, Donghae thought.

 

Henry closed his mouth shut as he composed his self on his seat, shaking his head. He focused his attention to Kyuhyun who was starting on his sandwich. Then he started talking to him, “I used to idolize your brother a lot, you know… his bad boy image I envy that, plus, he’s cool and undoubtedly smart. I never imagine that he’ll change preference though, but knowing that it’s Donghae I guess the truth is somehow bearable.” He told Kyuhyun, his voice loud, intentionally wanting Eunhyuk and Donghae to hear.

 

“I’m eating, don’t talk to me.” Kyuhyun retorted smug and playful. Henry rolled his eyes as he looked at the couple in front of him, giving a playful wink at Donghae “Let’s eat?” he started as he took his food from the tray.

 

The four of them started eating, Donghae grimaced a little when his fries is not on the tray rather Kyuhyun had bought lasagna and a burger for him, heavier meals. But knowing Kyuhyun he understands that his friend just wanted him to eat and stock some energy on his system, or maybe… Kyuhyun had sensed that this is what Eunhyuk wanted. Without complaining he just ate silently.

 

 

In the middle of their lunch some uninvited guest approached their table, Heechul, Changmin and Sungmin.

 

“Hey Hyukjae,” Heechul greeted Eunhyuk.

 

“Hyung,” Eunhyuk answered.

 

Heechul smirked as his eyes began scanning the table, the people on around the table rather. “What do you have here huh, family reunion?” he asked Eunhyuk as his eyes stopped on Kyuhyun who wasn’t even paying attention to him.

 

“Just lunch, befriending a few people as well,” Eunhyuk replied, and he felt Donghae pulling his hand from his grip; they were still holding hands under the table, Eunhyuk gently let go thinking that his partner doesn’t want them to be caught.

 

His reply made Changmin laugh too loud, “What the heck is this huh? Are you on some kind of a game Hyukjae?” he asked mocking his friend. He walked closer at Eunhyuk “Tell me is this fun? Let me join, come on!” Changmin kept on laughing.

 

Eunhyuk replied with a glare, “You’re annoying me, get the hell out of here will you,”

 

“I was just joking man, where the hell is your sense of humor,” Changmin said, grinning this time instead.

 

“Cut it out, there’s a reason why we’re here Changmin so shut it before Hyukjae changes his mind.” It was Sungmin who spoke.

 

Eunhyuk’s raised an eyebrow, “Changing my mind? About what?” he asked.

 

“Hyung,” Sungmin elbowed Heechul lightly on the arm, telling him to tell Eunhyuk.

 

Heechul moved closer beside Eunhyuk, eyeing Donghae on the other side before shifting his eyes to Eunhyuk. “You got your car back right? Mind lending it on Sunday?”

 

Eunhyuk shrugged his shoulders “ I’m not sure”

 

“Tsk come on, we’re not going to stay late this time. I’m not used of receiving a ‘no’ from you.” Heechul told him.

 

“I’ll try, I will let you know by tomorrow,” Eunhyuk said.

 

“Tomorrow is Saturday,” Heechul reminded him.

 

“But you needed the car on Sunday right? I promise I’ll let you know tomorrow if I can bring the car”

 

Heechul sighed heavily, “Alright then, don’t disappoint me Hyukjae,” he replied tapping Eunhyuk’s shoulder. “Let’s go,” he then told Sungmin and Changmin.

 

Donghae was indeed feeling uneasy with Heechul’s gang around, making it difficult for him to swallow his food properly. Needing to push the chunk of bread further through his throat Donghae reached for the nearest drink he could touch, Eunhyuk’s strawberry milk.

 

He was sipping on the straw when he heard someone chuckled behind him, Changmin. Donghae thought that he had walked away with his friends, but he was still there, Heechul and Sungmin weren’t there anymore though.

 

“What do you think you are doing” he asked the blonde.

 

“What’s your problem Changmin?” Eunhyuk asked as he turned his body around, his voice sounds annoyed.

 

“He’s drinking your milk dude,” Changmin replied as if saying ‘what is wrong with you’.

 

“I can see that,” Eunhyuk replied, making a quick glance at the boy beside him “And so?” he asked back,

 

“Are you serious on making friends with him? I thought you hate that freak,”

 

“I used to. But things change” Eunhyuk replied as he turned his back on his friend and continued eating.

 

“You’ve never let anyone drink on your strawberry milk before,” Changmin let out.

 

“Things change Changmin, try growing up a bit,” Eunhyuk lazily replied.

 

“You know what? You’re getting weird.” Changmin shook his head, “I’m out of here” he said as he walked away from the table.

 

Donghae slowly put the carton of milk down on the table, “Sorry?” he apologized.

 

Eunhyuk replied with a low chuckle, “You should apologize to Changmin, you had offended him. I never let him drink from my milk,” he told Donghae.

 

“He won’t accept it for sure,” Donghae replied, scrunching his nose.

 

Eunhyuk chuckled, “Then don’t even bother to apologize, just let him be,” he told him then jerking his chin at Donghae’s unfinished food, “Eat everything,” he added, Donghae frowned but he needs to nod in return to please his partner even though he feels like he’s already full.

 

-------

Update! XD (get yourself ready for some gramtical errors, i wasn't able to check this before posting)-LOL!

I've been busy the whole month of December, and probably most of you had been busy as well.. maybe? XD

despite of being fully loaded the entire month here's an update to greet everyone a Merry Christmas! \OOO/ I hope everyone had a great Christmas ;)

MERRY CHRISTMAS! <3