No Ordinary Love

No Ordinary Love

 

[DONGHAE P.O.V]

It’s not that he’s one of those empty headed kids in the campus, nor that he’s someone that will pass by a corridor and went unnoticed by students. In fact his grades were perfectly good he can be hailed as a nerd but being such a talented kid saved him from being called ‘nerd’. Both dancing and singing was his passion he loves those stuffs more than studying, but what can he do, he was stocked in a prison-like school.

A school he exaggeratedly considered to be having more rules than the Republic of South Korea. At first he doesn’t mind the strict way of how the school seemed to be forcing them to study hard because of its strict policy that students in order to pass an examination must get a 60% score in their test. But when the school started getting their hands on things like the students physical appearance when going to school; implementing another rule that students aren’t allowed to dye their hair and boys are required to crop their hair short when it gets too long for a male, black shoes should be wore- no white shoes were allowed on the grounds nor rubber shoes; because it’s only allowed to be wore during P.E class. The worst came when use of gadgets such as cellphones, PSP, mp3 players, and laptops were also had been prohibited. They are somehow still allowed to bring their cellphones but they need to surrender it to their class adviser before the class starts and they can only get it by the end of the day. He loves music a lot and he just couldn’t take it anymore. He already wasted 1 and a half year in this school, and he can’t afford to waste his entire high school life in that school.

He bowed to the principal before stepping out of the office. Upon closing the door he can’t help but smile and look at the letter he just got earlier. It’s an approval form, it is regarding to his request if he can be one of those exchange students to be brought in Seoul Imperial Academy next month. Because of his brain his request had been granted.

“Donghae!” a familiar voce called his name.

He turned around to face his approaching friend, “Kibum, I told you to just wait for me at the gate” he said.

Kibum tapped Donghae’s shoulder, “I did, but I’ve been standing there for almost 30 minutes I look like an idiot so I came here instead.” Then Kibums’ attention shifted at the paper Donghae’s holding.

Kibum’s smile widened “Your request had been granted?! I’m happy for you Donghae!”

“You don’t have any idea how happy I am right now, finally I’ll get my out of this school.” He took a deep breath then continued on “Now all I need is to pass the exam in Imperial Academy so that I can be a permanent student there, then I can leave this hell at last.”  He said.

Just then Kibums’ smile faded, “So, you’re really planning to leave? Donghae once you’ve passed the exam, Imperial Academy is going to take you in as a permanent student and not as an ordinary exchange student anymore, right? You’re weird… seriously…”

“I know my decision upsets you a lot, but I don’t have any choice. And why am I weird Huh?!” Donghae playfully nudged Kibum by the ribs.

“Why? Because if you really want to get your out of this campus why don’t you just dropped out and transfer to another school? Why do you need to volunteer as an exchange student then after you get your in there you’re planning to take an exam to be accepted as a permanent student…” Kibum explained.

Donghae sigh heavily, “Kibum, you know my parents won’t let me transfer to another school. They were the ones who entered me here remember? I need to think of a way to get out of here, if I happen to pass the exam that school will get me in without any further difficulty. You too! You should transfer to a school with more life and freedom.”

Kibum can’t help but to raised an eye brow, “Hae, my father is one of the professors in this school, I can’t, you know that. By the way are your parents aware of this exchange-student thing?”

“Yes, they were informed that the school will send me to Imperial Academy as an exchange student, but of course I won’t tell them about my plan about taking an entrance examination there. Being an exchange student has its benefits, you know that? ” Donghae displayed a smug smile at his friend.

“Yeah right, good luck!” Kibum said.

“Let’s go to our dorm, help me pack my things Kibummie…” Donghae said, showing his famous puppy eyes to his friend. Kibum just shook his head, he’s thinking how can Donghae survive to that school without his help.

As they were about to enter their dorm’s gate, Donghae saw a very familiar guy standing in front of the gate holding hands with a girl Donghae can recognize. It was Siwon and his girlfriend Sooyoung, they seemed to be having such a very sweet conversation.

What a beautiful couple…Donghae thought.

Then Siwon waved to an approaching taxi. As the taxi stopped Siwon opened the passenger door for Sooyoung but before she gets inside Siwon leaned down to kiss his girlfriend goodbye. And the scene that Donghae had seen for so many times happen again, that very heartbreaking scene that never fails to pain his heart. He can’t help but to tore his gaze from the couple, he ended up looking down at his shoes.

Kibum didn’t fail to notice the sudden change of his friend’s reaction, of course Kibum knew what Donghae is after all and he knew what his friend is trying to run away from other than their lifeless school.

“Donghae? ” Kibum asked his friend who just suddenly stopped walking. “You’ll get over him soon, once you get yourself out in here. Believe me you will.” He encouraged his friend.

Donghae nodded weakly trying to prevent the tears from falling. “I know, thanks.” Then they started walking towards the gate and in to their dorm.

That’s right, Donghae is in love with him but Siwon doesn’t have any idea about it. He’s friends with Donghae but he’s not aware that Donghae likes guys and that he likes him. Donghae found it difficult to stay there for the next coming years so he decided to just leave and their school sending off exchange students to other school is just perfect. It’s like hitting two birds with one stone, getting out of their sick school and running away from his feelings.

 

He believes that he can move on, of course he can. But it doesn’t mean that he’ll never fall in love again.--

 

----

Hyukjae P.O.V

(In Seoul Imperial Academy)

He parked his car in front of the School’s Gym, as he stepped out of the black Porsche everyone started to look at him but they instantly removed their stares right away as soon as the guy held his head up. He’s wearing his uniform inappropriately, but nevertheless he looks dashing as always, his  black hair was cropped short and he’swearing a silver headband . Both his hands were inside his pocket as he walked towards the building

Right then he noticed one of the basket ball varsity member staring at him, it annoyed him a lot. As he approached the rude-staring-guy some of the cheer leaders began screaming his name as if he’s one of the varsity members.

“Lee Hyukjae will you go on a date with me” one of them shouted,

“Eunhyuk oppa you’re so handsome today!” and the others began screaming his name too.

Hyukjae gave the ladies a glare as he passed by them. Their eyes widened in shock and they stopped making noise. Right, he did that because he hates y noises.

Then He reached the guy that irritates him with his stare he was sitting in a bench together with his friends, as he stood in front of him the guy smirked and began dribbling the ball he’s currently holding with his hands.

“He just glared at cheer leaders, maybe he’s gay!” he yelled, as he glanced towards s he saw all of them looking so afraid could it be because of what he just said to him? He asked his self.

He turned his head slowly to look at the man standing in front of him again when Eunhyuk suddenly grabbed the ball he’s dribbling in a swift motion, and then smacked it right to his face. Everyone was shocked by how fast it happened. Eunhyuk had hit him so hard he fell on to the solid floor his nose began bleeding and blood began oozing out because of the cut in his right eyebrow. As his team mates are about to help him, Eunhyuk glared at them and  all of them step back looking scared.

He looked down at the guy lying on the floor “Since you seemed to be just a new student in this school this will only serves as a warning. Keep your head down whenever you see me again, If I caught you staring at me again I’ll kill you for sure.” As Eunhyuk turned around everyone keep their eyes away from him, they started looking in different directions. That pleased him, then Eunhyuk started walking towards the school building.