Difficulty (Minho)

Protecting Steel Hearts

 

 

 

Minho walked in the door, robotically shutting it behind him and going to his room as quickly as possible. Avoid the man and life will get sweeter—

  “Minho?”

The boy froze in the hallway, silently cursing at the deep voice, slowly turning to meet his father’s gaze, “Hello, sir.”

  “It’s five,” his father crossed his arms, the stern look of disapproval masking whatever nice-guy personality the man ever had.

He knew way better than to go out with a group of friends (to secretly be with Jinki) and hang around rather than to come home immediately and study, but he wanted to apologize to Jinki for something that happened a week ago and casually hanging out was the best he could do.

  “After school study session,” Minho lied smoothly, not letting any of his nerves getting the better of him. He was decently a good liar, “It wasn’t mandatory, but I thought it’d be best. I’m sorry I couldn’t contact you.”

His father looked him up and down, as if reading him like an open book when the book was actually sealed tight and locked, “Are you lying to me?”

Minho shook his head, bringing out his papers he so-conveniently created during math class to show him as an excuse, “No, sir. I was working.”

His father assessed the marks of pencil on the paper and sighed, uncrossing his arms and turning away, “Join me for dinner when you get settled.”

Minho bowed respectfully and turned for his room, trying to slow his walking to cover his jitters. Lying to his Dad wasn’t easy. He knew that if his father found out, he wouldn’t even see sunlight or a man-made thing again.

And about having a boyfriend. . .

Minho sighed, throwing his bookbag on the bed and sat for a moment before joining his father.

If his father found out about his boyfriend, it’d be all over for him. He’d be walking the streets if he told the truth. If he broke up with Jinki and claimed no relationship, he’d be okay.

He always debated breaking up with Jinki. It wasn’t easy but neither was it hard. Both had pros and cons, causing the issue of which one to pick. He really thought he loved Jinki, but it was hard to say. He’s barely accepted it himself. He thought that Jinki could help him out with opening up whenever it was just the two of them. But while he’s surrounded by all the straight people who love lies, it closed him up further.

A decision was always stuck in his head, heart, and throat. He couldn’t think it, feel it, or voice it. That’s what made it so contemplative and so difficult to carry out. There was no right answer that a teacher could mark for him or friends could simply correct.

Minho rubbed his face and got up, removing his uniform blazer and tossing it to the floor, finding something more comfortable. If society wasn’t so prejudice and didn't see everything as immoral, could he be comfortable in his mind and body. Be comfortable around Jinki.

Jinki deserved so much better than Minho, and it may as well be a girl. Minho was too reluctant, too stubborn, and it always put Jinki down, but the elder always put up with it because he . . .

The word was even too hard to say in his mind. Did he really have these feelings for Jinki? His father’s teachings were so much more dominant in his mind, yet he didn’t mind Jinki.

Another issue to the situation.

  “You alright, there?” his father asked as he sat down.

  “Just tired,” Minho nodded, picking up his utensils, “Math is a pretty elaborate subject.”

His father hummed back, sticking food in his mouth as he chewed thoughtfully, “You’ve worked really hard, Minho. It’ll pay off soon, I promise. Just keep doing what you’re doing and know that I’m proud of your work and dedication. I just want you to make it far, you know? Much better than your stupid mother.”

At the crude mention of Minho’s mother, he looked further down on his plate with a bland, “Yes, sir,” as he began eating like his father.

  “That’s my son,” his father mused, the room getting quiet.

Oddly, Minho wished Jinki was here to ease the awkwardness.

 

 

 

 

----Note~---

(Not well edited, btw)

Yup.

It's really short, my bad. I couldn't bring myself to lengthen it further because it really just said it all to me. I know, I'm a weird writer. .__.

So, this is a tiny, itty bitty bit of Minho's home life. Surely enough, everything about his mother and father will be explained, so don't worry. It won't be too long from now, I bet.

Yes, I left Jongkey off with some major angst, and to make it more angsty, I haven't even written another chapter for them yet, so I have noooooo idea what I'll do to them next.

Yada yada.

Also guys, I don't want to be arrogant and promote myself, but I have another fic ' Escape to Redemption '. I'm not at all concerned with how much attention it gets, but I'd really appreciate a comment or more. I've always said I never cared about people seeing my writing, that I'm just happy to post, but this story means mucho incredibly much to me. I have the opportunity to make it into an actual book (...and of course the names and some things will be rewritten but...), and even though I hate the thought of taking it down, I really might consider getting over my fear and let my English teacher read over it to turn it over to a company.

I'd very much appreciate anything for that story because I'm so proud of it, and I'd hate to take it down. But I have this wonderful chance and I have to choose, you know?

But yeah. Next chapter is Ontae. It might possibly come tomorrow. c:

Have a nice Friday night.

Thank you to any view, subs, or comments. <3

~FlaMinhoe