Reality (Jongkey)

Protecting Steel Hearts

 

 

 

  “I want to go say something.”

Jonghyun look up from his book, seeing Kibum at his door, clutching his shirt, his brows furrowed as he tried not to cry.

The elder jumped out of his chair, quickly bringing Kibum into his room and locking his door just before he could hear his mother start another argument in the living room. Something about being lazy.

Kibum sniffed as he robotically laid himself on Jonghyun’s bed, reaching out for his brother to come and lay next to him.

It had been another month of the cliché arguments and nothing was getting better. Jonghyun didn’t know why his parents hadn’t settled for divorce yet. It would do Kibum so much better if the fighters were broken up. So much better if they realized how much pain they were putting the young minors in.

But no, they decided to keep going at each others’ throats like it was a World War dispute. No agreements, no negotiations, just another World War storm inside the Kim household.

Jonghyun cradled his brother, rocking them back and forth to keep Kibum from crying any more. It was already painful the younger had to leave his own room in the middle of the night just to seek comfort.

Jonghyun was the only peace Kibum had. Even though Jonghyun wasn’t a saint, he was close enough.

  “What do you want to say to them?” he asked, trying to raise his voice to cover who was yelling at that moment.

Kibum kept quiet for a moment, clutching on the Jonghyun’s shirt and buried his face in his chest, “I want them to stop doing this ‘miscommunication’,” he quoted the word from Jonghyun, “I’m getting too sad hearing my friends at school say how perfect their moms and dads are. I want to be like them to. Just a little bit if that’s all I can get.”

The elder’s chest constricted, refusing air as he held the younger as he cried his words of desperation.

Kibum was so confused, so lost, and it resulted to this. A child who wants to solve things with simple words. A child who could only contribute with simple words.

A child that didn’t want their parents’ hugs of whatever comfort was left.

A child who only relied on a brother’s embrace.

Jonghyun wouldn’t be able to let Kibum speak to them with his useless plead. They wouldn’t stop. Maybe they’re get angry at Kibum for speaking, claiming he was being a disrespectful brat.

Kibum’s sobs grew louder, trying to drown out his parents’ dispute with his own voice, trying to cover his ears with Jonghyun’s shirt. He wanted it all to stop. The terror was just too much for him.

  “Stay with me, Kibum,” Jonghyun answered, curling his fingers into the younger’s hair, “Don’t lose it, now. Say everything you want to me.”

  “If I do, will you tell them for me?” the younger croaked, barely looking up at Jonghyun.

Jonghyun nodded, unable to voice a lie.

He couldn’t say any of it to his parents. Kibum had to know that, too. Kibum was just giving himself false hopes of being heard from the weaker side. The younger knew Jonghyun could only open his mouth, but air would escape his body and his soul would fly right back to his room.

But Kibum let his gates open. Eyes flooding with tears as his mouth ran of complaints, confusion, and bland words of his limited vocabulary.

Kibum may have been young, but he wasn’t oblivious to the real world, emotions, and words he didn’t know.

Kibum knew all kinds of the reality he lived in.

And wishing wasn’t a part of it.

 

 

 

---Note~----

M'Kay hi.

I'd just like to say that I really don't have anything to say in these notes. xD

I feel the tension in this story is ruined with end comments, so I'll keep them very short. 

I apologize for short chapters. These first two were written on paper, which means they were even shorter than they are now, but I couldn't help it enough to be able to make them a lot longer. Just hope I don't write on paper anymore. xD

I can tell you now that the next chapter is also Jongkey and the one after that is Ontae.

So thank you to every view, sub, and comment because you're all wonderful. <3

BYE.

~FlaMinhoe

tumblr