The Hunted 1

The Hunted

skPLuAC.jpg

Crack~


The sound sends a shiver down my spine as I keep my eys open but against my natural instincts. You learn quickly out here, your instincts can get you killed. 

Closing your eyes, doesn't make danger go away. Keeping all limbs on your matress, doesn't stop anyone from pulling you off of it. And hinding under a blanket, doesn't keep you from the boogy man. If you believe any of these things you will, too soon, become nothing but a meal under one of those walking corpses. 

It's been a year, and I can't believe I made it this far, practically, on my own. I had recieved aid, such as food and helpful supplies, a while back. 
Never a weapon, those were far too precious for anybody to offer to some kid running off on his own. No matter how badly I needed it. 

I was cautious when dealing with the living as well. They could be brutal. Hell, I saw some sick shoot his neighbor and throw him out on the porch as some sort of twisted offering to the insaciable creatures. So I avoid humans as much as possible and that leaves me here, in the woods, away from everyone and everything.

You may thing, 'what the is wrong with your head? You're in the woods when a deadly monster could be stalking you.' Well this isn't goddamned Slenderman. Those disgusting excuses for bodies don't bother themselves with places like these. They stay where the food is. Mostly in the city or off toward the country side where stupid , good as dead, pricks live in hopes of surpival. Building up these sorry excuses for bariers to keep the beast out. So, they don't come through here much looking for eats. They, at most, pass through. They don't smell us like some damn dog. They can only hear and see. Feel and taste if you want to count those as well. It's easy enough to avoid them if you aren't a complete imbisile who spends no time observing the traits and paterns of these creatures.

I was always good with games, and puzzles. I found answers to questions before people asked them because life is predictable. 

At least it was, until ing, undead, mothering, fictional zombies overran my town, and soon country, about a year ago. I never know what to believe anymore.

This is out of poorly made horror movies and I never once flinched at zombie movies, are you kidding me?  Now, however, it's become very much a part of my life. 

Like it is right now. Some unclean, lost, of a zombie is nearby. Not too close, considering all I hear is cracking leafs and footsteps. No heaving mouth breathing or grunts, explaining their desire for food. Still, they're too close for comfort. 

God, I hope it's just one. One, maybe I could handle, if it's honestly alone. Anymore and I'd make a ty attempt to run, without too making too much noise. I lean into the log behide me and dig my body deeper into the ditch I settled into to hide.

I'm perfectly quiet, nothing but deadly silence surounds me and I consider the monster turned in another direction. I keep my eyes pealed and my ears focused on tracking any misplaced noise. I blink once, twice. Nothing. 

I should stay here. If they're nearby they'd hear me move. A russle of leafs, makes my eyes widen and I bring my lips together in a tight line, horribly disappointed it's still here.

Then dark, threatening, horrifying eyes meet mine.

. . .

I shuffle back on my and try to turn and run. They weren't the fastest bastards but it grips my wrist and I freeze.

Human. That could be even worse. 

I turn and stare, petrified, at the tight hold the shadow has on me. Obviously male. Probably not friendly, or what the hell would he be doing in the woods? Alone.

"You're by yourself?" His voice is concerned whether for me, or of me doesn't matter. I just swallow loudly, letting my voice escape me for a moment and nod stiffly. "What the are you here by youself for?" You don't even have goddamn weapon. ." He scold between curses, patting down my person in sesrch of such things. I shift under his touch but he pulls me too my feet and the full moon shines on the boy.

Covered with deadly armory. From pistols, to rifals, to grenades, to hatchets. He has it all and here I am defensless. 

He's handsome. Not much older than me. Dyed hair. Soft features.Short and thin but aparently strong. I'm terrifies in his presence. Especially since I recognize that hopelessly beautiful face.

L Joe.

I knew him before the infection spread. We went to high school together in fact. I was in his math class and we were the same age. He hated me.

With decent reason, you could say. He found out I had more than friendly feelings for him in our second year in the same class. 

He was embarassed by the meer idea and I had no explination or excuse to offer. So I took his correction like a champ. The slurs and insults were the blunt of it. Beatings and attacks, just icing on the cake. 

You see gay teenagers don't do well in South Korean high schools. With the state of our country now, it seems irrelevent but L Joe was always one to hold a grudge.

"Chunji?" Is his hushed words as I remain silent and he tilts my head back to get a better look at my dirtied face. I pull away quickly from his hold and stare back at him, frightened and pleading.

What would he do with me? Waist a bullet to finish off an already doomed past acquaintence. He was never that dumb. That's what I liked about him. 

He had a good head on his shoulders and even when he was belittling me and mocking my emotions he was somehow graceful and merciful. Unexplicably so. Maybe I'm insane.

"Please don't hurt me L Joe. I'm dead meat as it is. Let me go, just this once. I'm begging you." I whimper and he just watches my scared eyes.

"You're really alone? In the middle of the woods. With ing man eating undead walking around." He growls, disappointedly. I nod halfhassardly and look into the boys eyes. 

Why did he look so prepaired. I look like I belong in an asylum, covered in mud and tree branches only from earlier today. He looks made for this. Like he was born to fight creatures of story books.

"Please." I beg again and he groans.

"Chanhee! I'm not going to ing hurt you. . Come with me." He sighs, grabbing my wrist again but I pull back, with tears springing into my eyes.

"L Joe I don't think-I'm better off alone." I whisper, bowing my head, again, in hopes he'll leave me to my own devices. Hell, if he's feeling generous maybe he'll offer the '' from the past something to protect himself for the night.

He turns and near glares me down, holding my shoulders steady under his weight.

"Chanhee. Listen to me. It isn't safe. I just turned a few of the pest into dirt, not a few miles back and the sound will bring more. You're coming with me. I'll get you some food, a shower. Doesn't that sound good?" He hums, like a big brother offering ice cream to cheer me up. I still feel like crying when he dismisses my nonresponse, and tugs me East.

We arive at some shady shack, seemingly just in from back of the woods. I cringe at the sight of it but L Joe shrugs at my reaction.

"It'll keep them out." He grunts and pulls me inside, immediately finding the light source. 

I don't remember the last time I used lights. I suppose the place had some sort of generator, shame it's so run down. L Joe turns to me and smiles lazily, removing his various weapons, fallowed by some sort of vest, making him look like a soldier. He's left in a tank, seeming comfortable, and sits on a chair nearby.

"How long have you been out here?" He speaks, leaning his elbows on his knees. I ruffle my red hair and think back on time, that had gotten away from me.

"Maybe a few monthes. I never went this deep. I didn't see a reason. Mostly they don't approach the area." He smirks and almost looks ready to laugh.

"You always were smart. Smart enough to stay alive for a year in this ed up country at least." He mumbles, standing and flicking my forehead playfully. "So I'll help you now. You can grab a weapon if you like, maybe you'll feel better about me shooting you dead for a crush you had." I stiffen, surprised at his lighthearted rememberance of my feelings. "Just don't me over, okay. We could make good parteners in this death game. I got the brawn and you got that pretty little head of yours." He chuckles, making me blush, beside myself.

"What are you talking about?" I huff, not entirely processing his offer.

"I want you to stay with me. I'm alone and you're alone. We'll make good company. Protect each other. Maybe even ." He begins laughing hysterically at his own joke while I grow even more red. "Hey, I'm kidding. Don't be embarassed. I don't hate you. I admire you. You're brave and I assume that's how you lasted so long. We'll search for perminant shelture eventually, okay?" He grins at me, making butterflies I hadn't felt in over a year return on a whim.

"We aren't going to one of those stupid refugie camps, are we?" I speak more harshly then I should and cringe, giggling to help soften my words. He breaks out into laughter again at my behavior.

"No. See you're brilliant. You are going to be my most useful weapon and I'll be yours." He promises, stepping closure to cradle my face, too romantically, and I pull back, nodding curtly at his agreement. "Do you know how to shoot?" He ask easily and my eyes snap to his.

"No." I mumble embarassed but he smiles again.

"For now, you can swing a hatchet but I don't want you that close to those things. So, I'll teach you soon, okay?" He pats my head and I stare up at him, a bit in awe.

"Okay." I whisper, so quietly he may not have heard but he dismisses it.

"Now" His voice is completely pleased. "How about a bath?"

I actually think I really like my first chapter!

What do you guys think??? 

I'm excited with this story hehe.

                                                         

Oh, and when L Joe says 'bath', he doesn't mean together, you s! Hahaha.

Hope you like it so far. ^-^

                                           This'll be fun!!

Comment. Subscribe. Upvote.

Okay???

Thank you! To all those who already subscribed and commented, I love you so much. Thank you for believing in me! 

                                                              ♥♥♥