12 Years in Between.

Time has come

XXIIX -12 Years in Between

 

 

   The place was letting the sunlight coming in from the windows. There were books, trophy and pictures all over the walls, the chimney was turned off. He looked at his watch, 8:45 in the morning. He sighed, rubbing his neck, he was sweating, and afraid. Suddenly the door opened, he abruptly stood up ready to bow but only to find out that it was the maid. She walked in, not even greeting him, she arranged the pillows on the couch across him,  not even minding him. Seeing that she was not even paying attention to him, he let his body fall on the couch. He starred at the maid while she was busy cleaning, he did not remember her, she was probably a new worker in the house. He find himself starring at the place around him, nothing seemed to have changed, everything was so familiar  but why did he feel like a stranger? "The master is about to come." he suddenly heard, it was the maid  looking this time straight into his eyes. Was she glaring at him? He couldn't let a maid let him feel like an outsider, did she want to have a war? He starred one last time at her, maybe she only heard things from one side. He sighed and nodded preparing himself for a bigger war.  

He stood up hearing the slow steps in the corridors; he felt the maid starring at him from the corner of her eyes. 4,3,2,1…he counted in his head before finally being able to see his …opponent?  The man finally made his entrance in the living room, he was older around 60 years old and was helping himself with a stick. Seeing that he had difficulties walking by himself, the maid came rushing helping him walking towards the couch.  The old man took place on the cough while the youngest remained bowing 90°. The maid came putting a tea plate on the table allowing the young man to take a quick look at the man accords him. "Sit down" the man ordered, "You can leave" he ordered to the maid who was standing by the door. 

Both men remained starring at each other, the tension filled the room, "Aboeji (father) if I came it's to" the young man started to say when the oldest one cut him off,  "Stop" he ordered, "Stop" he repeated causing the young man to remain frozen, "12 years ago you came here, it was a sunny day, you just graduated from High School and were about to enlist army. Your hair was shaved, your shoulders up and your smile reaching the sky.  I remember you were coming straight from your last school day being a senior you skipped the day, going around with your hyungs. You came here hoping the find her but my daughter was attending her japanese private lessons. So you waited in this couch exactly were you're seating today." Mr Seo said,  "12 years ago you came here asking for my daughter's hand." he finally added. Kyuhyun did not cut him off, he did not cut him off, because he find himself listening to the story as his father-in-law was telling a story he did not know about. Because all he remembered from this day was Seohyun saying yes to his demand. Nothing more. 

"She was only 16 years old and you were still a boy, only 18 years old. But you came here asking for her hand. And I accepted, I did say yes to your request, maybe because you were my best friend's son, maybe because I considerate that you were my son, just like the others boys are to me, my sons." Mr Seo said referring to the men he considerate like Seohyun's brothers which they were.  "I gave you the most precious thing in my life, my only daughter, I gave you the most precious thing in my life but what have you done with it?" he asked but of course he was not waiting for an answer, so he went on, "You spoiled it, you hurt my daughter, you played with the thing I treasured the most. But which is probably the worst thing is that by cheating on my daughter you choose to leave your children by the same occasion;" he said, while Kyuhyun remained listening, but he already knew all of that but he had to hear it from the man he probably had to own his former happiness. "And here you are 12 years later asking again for my blessing." Mr Seo finally confessed not taking away his eyes from Kyuhyun. He laid back on his couch putting a pill in his cup, "Which fool would make the same mistake twice?" he asked serving a cup of tea to Kyuhyun he knew hated tea. Kyuhyun remained speechless, not minding the cup of tea in front of him as well as Mr Seo starring at him, the man was busy reminiscing this day 12 years ago. And he suddenly felt like a fool asking twice his father-in-law's blessing for the same girl. Mr Seo remained starring at Kyuhyun waiting for an answer but the man he was for now 2years already considering as his ex-son- in -law was not showing any reaction. "Then I guess this conversation has coming to its end" he said standing up. Mr Seo was walking towards the door with some difficulty, he was not showing it or saying it out loud but he imagined the man to be more courageous, to show more consideration. Because coming here in the morning with Seohyun, claiming for them to be back together did not mean he would allow this, but still he hoped his ex-son-in-law would be more perspicace, he remembered him to be more stubborn . And maybe he was still...

"I failed" he suddenly heard,  he turned facing the young man, "I failed and I can only blame myself for my own mistakes." Kyuhyun was now standing up, facing the man he was still considering as his father-in-law "12 years ago I came asking for you to allow me to officially love your daughter and to do it towards the law. But today I did not come for your blessing,  I did not come to beg for your authorization, I'm not the 18 years old boy who came to you 12 years ago. I'm not this immature boy anymore.  I'm now the father of 2 children, your grand children aboeji.   And I won't consider living far away from them or their mother anymore just because you don't feel like making the same mistake twice…

Kyuhyun said keeping a distance between Mr Seo and himself but still being able to analyze his face, "Aboeji I'm sorry but with your blessing or not, I'll get back to my children and your daughter who's still my wife" Kyuhyun said making his way towards the couch picking an object he had his eye on and walking towards his father-in-law, "And because you said it yourself, Which fool would make the same mistake twice?" Kyuhyun finally asked handing his wife's father a  stick that after starring at  for few seconds he took in his hand. 

 

I'm so SORRY for the long gap since my last update! But as I said I've been busy with school, school driving and gym. And this update is very SHORT and you're for sure disappointed but as I said on my twitter account, I lost my Macbook Plug and I'm using my sister's laptop to post this chapter. "Sorry." 

Anyway today SNSD won Best Female Group at the MAMA 2013, 7 YEARS ANS STILL ON TOP! Too bad SJ weren't present; because we know for WIRES what MAMA means…

PS; Thank you so much of those who voted for me…I lost but it's not a big deal. ;D