Diabetes Sugar.

Time has come

 

XXVII- Sugar Diabetes.

 

  The car stopped in front of which seemed to be the alley of a private property. He scanned the gate, trying to remember the last time he visited the place. Suddenly the gate opened by itself, allowing the black AUDI to come in. It was still early in the morning, around 6 Am, the birds seemed to be awaken up by the car's engine sound. He could only stare at the mansion in front of him, forest on both side of the private road. He finally parked his car in front of the brown stairs, he scanned the house, very mountain like, a chalet made of wood, hidden behind the trees, and half of it anchored in the rock. The house seemed to glare at him, which caused him to feel insecure and worried but the woman beside him did not seem to notice it. "Let's go" she said opening the car's door, or maybe she noticed it, but preferred to ignore it, afraid he might be regretting. He followed her opening the door, she waited for him at the bottom of the stairs, when the door suddenly opened by themselves. They both noticed it but remained starring at the now open door. "They're waiting for us" she told him while starring at the door, a smile appearing on her face, but the man was looking at the whole mansion instead, his memory running in the past. He starred back at her, when she started climbing the stairs, she seemed to fly, but he stooped her, he stooped her, catching her by the wrist, "Joohyun ah…"calling her by her real name, as he would do when he was weakest than her,  he seemed to beg her. The woman starred at him, she starred at the man, who seemed to have lost all of his confidence, he suddenly seemed so young, so innocent, he suddenly seemed so weak. So she stepped back, holding his hand "I'm by your side, don't worry Oppa." she told him caressing his cheek which provided a smile, a weak smile but a honest one. "As long as you love me." he finally told her, taking her hand and kissing it. "Let's go" she said, leading him inside the Mansion. He followed her, taking a deep breath before stepping in. 

"Is anyone home?" Seohyun asked looking for a presence in this huge house. Kyuhyun who was following behind, not letting go of Seohyun's hand, he scanned the hall, staring at all the pictures hanged on the wall. He looked for a special picture he knew was hanged on a particular place. He finally find it, he smirked, as expected his face was crossed. He remained starring at it, his hand still locked with Seohyun's who was still looking for the owners. 

A maid suddenly made her appearance at the top of the stairs, a maid he never saw before, she seemed young, younger than him or even Seohyun. "The masters are having their breakfast in the garden." she told them, not moving from her place. Seohyun nodded leading Kyuhyun in the garden. 

But she stopped starring by the window, "He's been so weak." she whispered to herself. They remained, starring by the window for more than five minutes before finally opening the door, and stepping into the magnificent garden. Seohyun walked faster, causing her to let go of Kyuhyun's hand, soon she started to run towards the table where a couple seemed to have their first meal of the day, "Mum! Appa!"  she called like a child, like a child she was in her parents eyes. Kyuhyun remained frozen to his place, he watches her hugging her parents and being hugged back. He watched the Seo, hugging their unique child, so close to them but also so far away, like an outsider on the sideline. He suddenly watched them, realizing he was there, watching them, standing alone, "Father, Mother," he bowed 90°, he did not expect them to welcome him in a warm way, "What is he doing here?" he heard Seohyun's mother whispering. He did not expect them to be nice to him, why would he? 

 

-Flashback-

It was around 9PM, five people were having dinner, two women of 50 years old facing each other, and two men of 5 and 7 years older facing each other. A man of 28 years old was on the side, facing an empty chair. The mood seemed heavy, only the sound made by the forks in the plates could be heard, it seemed to echoed with the youngest one"s heartbeat. "Kyuhyun ah, you should eat more. You seem very tired, maybe Leehyun ah is giving you a hard time?" a woman who was across him on his right, asked him "Thank you mother-in-law. But it's just the work, we've been having a lot of difficult contract these days." Kyuhyun answered half-smiling, "My son is working hard for Hyun&Co to go on a global level" Mr Cho said paying his son's back, "Anyway, where's my daughter-in-law?" asked this time Mrs Cho, "You're thinking that Kyuhyun is having a hard time, but I'm sure that Joohyun is the one who wakes up in the middle of the night to take care of my grand daughter." said Mrs Cho, "Am I wrong?" she asked to her son who could only acknowledge, giving a weak smile, "You're always right Umma." he answered, before leading the dinner into another silence.  Of course she was since he was not sleeping at his own house for days. Mrs Cho looked at her son, who seemed to be somewhere else, maybe he was exhausted, being the father of two and trying to be a well known CEO. She realized that she did not really take care of him, always asking about Seohyun. Because she knew how hard it was for a woman to raise children, it was hard when you were yourself still a girl,  still in your early twenties, but it was even more hard when the mother was a working girl. Mrs Cho used to work before meting her husband, but stopped when she married him, his only salary was enough, he told her, so she quit and started being a housewife, raising both her daughter and son, not minding about work, since she was not working or cleaning since she had a maid. But Seohyun was working and had no maid to clean or cook for her. And that's why she loved her, she loved her daughter-in-law for being the strong and independent woman she failed to be. 

That's when Seohyun made her entrance in the dining room, "Honey we thought you would never comeback." Mrs Seo said teasing  her daughter, "I'm sorry, Leehyun did not want to go back to sleep, I had to rock her until she would fall asleep again." Seohyun answered making her way towards her seat. Mrs Cho watched as her daughter-in-law passed behind Kyuhyun's back not even looking at him and going to take place across him on the table. Something was wrong, again silence came back, to only be disturbed by the elders discussion, Mr Cho & Seo talking about business and golf while the ladies were talking about the "How-to-raise-kids", giving tips to the young lady. 

 

Seohyun listened as her mothers were giving her advices about how to be the perfect mother. " If she does not drink it, add some sugar in hot water" she heard on one side, " And do it Twice a day" she heard on the other side, perfect…that's what she was trying to do. And she started since this morning, cleaning, cooking, since early in the day, for a dinner she was not even realizing was happening. While all he did was coming one hour before the parents arrival.  She looked at her parents and parents in law, trying to look happy and healthy, a blessed wife and blessed mother. But the thing that she was not, not even since the man sat across her cheated on her.  But the trick was not working, 

Kyuhyun was staring at her, his eyes not  breaking away from her, her the woman he married when he was only 18 years old and he hadn't seen in days since he was sleeping at Yesung's place for now one week. He starred at her as she was giving smiles to his mother and mother in law, smiles he knew were fake and weak. For the first time in weeks she had put some makeup and wore high heels, trying to look good. When all she did since the "incident" was staying locked in pajamas in their newborn daughter's bedroom. 

The sun made her hair bright, but her eyes were dark, darker than the night. She wasn't present with them, she was somewhere else, probably trying to figure out how to make their parents believe that they were living in a perfect harmony. 

But they were not…not anymore…and it was because of him. 

"Kyuhyun ah, poor some wine in your father-in-law's glass", he heard his father ordering him, and as if he was being waking up, he raised up sitting normally on his chair. "There Appa." he told his wife's father, "What were you thinking about?" the old man asked him smiling,  "Nothing Dad, nothing" Kyuhyun whispered, but the older frowned, "Is my daughter giving you a hard time?" the man whispered, "I know she's very stubborn, and I believe you know how to handle it, but if one day, you feel like bursting out, then come to me. We'll play some golf together, between gentlemen." the man grinned. 

"I'll bring the coffee." he suddenly heard Seohyun saying, she stood up, taking some plates with her, "Don't forget my sugar diabetes darling!" Seohyun's father told her. "I'll help you." Kyuhyun find himself saying while standing up, but got stopped by both eldest men, "How come you would clean?!" the eldest exclaimed, "Stay sit, Seohyun ah will do it. You're a man, you shouldn't be doing these kind of things." Seohyun's father told Kyuhyun. 

Kyuhyun starred at Seohyun while she did the same, trying to see if he would help her or as her father said,  would remain sit. Kyuhyun remained frozen, considering his father in law position would mean leaving Seohyun doing all the chores, Kyuhyun smiled to the eldest, bowing, "I'll be helping your daughter." he finally told, following Seohyun into the kitchen. 

She put the plates into the sink, and started preparing the coffee, he followed behind putting the dirty glass on the central unit, she started moving around, not minding his presence, "Do I prepare your tea while you're preparing the coffee?" he asked her, but she did not answer, of course she wouldn't, he was already glad  they had children so he could hear her voice when she was talking to them. "Seohyun ah…" he whispered, but she cut him off, "I'll be doing it myself, go back to the parents. You know your father don't like it when you're not by his sides." she told him while he could only face her back. He starred at her, at this back he knew so well, a back he used to embrace every night, a back which used to be so warm, but he could guess so cold now. "As you want." he told her, while getting out of the kitchen, he stepped on the side of the door, closing his eyes as he could hear her sniffing. 

 

"There, your diabetes sugar Dad." Seohyun came back in the living room, posing the platter on the table, "Two sugar for you father-in-law" Seohyun said while serving the parents, "Where is mother-in-law?" she asked realizing that Kyuhyun's mother was not present, "She went to the bathroom." Seohyun's mother told her, "Take a seat now honey, you seem very worn out." Seohyun agreed and  sat by her mother sides on the couch. Mr Cho started a subject, talking about the evolution of his son and daughter-in-law company, when Mrs Cho returned. The woman came back sitting next to her husband, and receiving her cup of coffee from her daughter-in-law hands. The woman remained starring at Seohyun, scanning every moves made by her, she then realized that she was not the only one staring, that someone else was also mercerized by the young woman, and the other person was none than her own son. She looked at him, starring at his wife, as if he did not see her in days, as if he was discovering her again…

And that's when it strike her, the absence of his toothbrush in the bathroom. Their bedroom which seems undone, as if no one was sleeping in it. And of course the way he was starring at her, she suddenly realized that  they hadn't speak to each other since the beginning of the dinner as well as the fact that she had been avoiding his gaze for the evening. 

Until now, Mrs Cho has been focusing all of her attention on Seohyun, but now she would give it to her son, "Kyuhyun ah why isn't your belongings in the bathroom?" she suddenly asked out of blue, causing the chatting to takes end, 

"What?" he tried to smile, "In the bathroom, well I guess…" he told his mother, But the woman did not seem to believe it, so she turned to her right, facing Seohyun, "Joohyun ah, where did you put my son's belongings?" she asked her daughter-in-law as if she was accusing her, but the young woman did not answer, instead she looked back at Kyuhyun, "You should tell them." she finally told him, "Telling what?" Seohyun's mother asked, 'What's happening?" she asked worried, Kyuhyun starred at Seohyun, so that's what she was doing? Forcing him to tell the truth to their parents, Forcing him to maybe dishonor his family. Then he would do it,  "I..I…" he stuttered. But no he couldn't…so she said it, she said it instead of him, "Kyuhyun ah has been sleeping at Yesung Oppa place for now 5 days." she revealed to the elders who remained shocked, 

"But why? What happened?" Mr Cho asked, but suddenly silence occured, Seohyun starred at Kyuhyun, she wouldn't say it herself, she would let him face his own mistakes, he was the one guilty here, and she was not his lawyer, no, she was the victim. "One month ago I cheated on Seohyun with one of the employee." he said, and he could swear, he saw Seohyun grinning, "What!?" he saw his father standing up causing the platter to fall on the carpet,  "What were you thinking about!?? " he screamed, soon followed by Seohyun's father, "Jerk! I gave you my daughter! I gave you the most precious thing in my life and you thew it away!" he screamed ready to punch Kyuhyun but got stopped by his wife,  "Yoebo!" she screamed, when she saw him holding his heart and falling back on the couch, "Appa!" Seohyun screamed, "My heart!" he screamed, "Father!" Kyuhyun came rushing, toward his father-in-law but his mother stopped him, "I trusted you! I gave her to you she was only sixteen! How could you do that, how could you do that to my precious daughter?" he kept on screaming while Mr Cho started calling the emergency, "I swear if I survive I won't ever see your face for the rest of my life! Don't ever cross my way! I swear if I survive this moment would be the last one I ever see your face! Mr Seo got the strength to scream. Kyuhyun step in the side, starring at the man, fear and straight mixed on his face, he saw his mother by Mrs Seo side trying to help her calming Mr Seo, he noticed his father on the side, discussing with the emergency on the phone, and he saw her, his wife, he saw her scared, scared to loose her father, scared to loose the only man that she could blindly trust since he failed to be the other one, and it was his own fault. 

His parents did not talk to him for 1 month, and this evening was the last time he saw his parents-in-law. 

-End Flashback-

 

"Father, Mother." Kyuhyun greeted bowing 90°. 

"What is he doing here?" Mrs Seo asked Seohyun smiled at her mother, before stepping going back by Kyuhyun's sides, "Umma, Appa, Kyuhyun and I are back together." she finally said taking Kyuhyun's hand. 

 

--> I'm SO SORRY! I know I did no update "Time Has Come" in weeks but I already did not have enough time before but now that School has started again it bace more complicated and I can update only on week ends. 

Anyway, did you enjoy this chapter, I know this is a sad chapter, (again). But I promise a joyful chapter. Ali. 

I swear I felt really guilty reading your comments asking me where I was and when I was going to update, but I just couldn't update before.