Despicable Me.

Time has come

 

XX Despicable Me

 

  

  She put the last book in the box, before taking her phone and keys. She scanned one last time this place she used as her office during 7 years, well 5 if you did not count the 2 years, she spent raising her kids. She remembered how much she missed her office when she left to give birth to Jeehyun, then to raised him, being away during 3 months, she thought she was going crazy. Her son being her first child, it was so complicated to manage being a mother, a young business woman and a wife,  she swore she preferred being stuck in a room with a group of  laddish businessmen rather than waking up each night to change or feed her baby;  She was a business woman not a housewife!!  

But hopefully Kyuhyun helped her, she was not alone; she could count on her husband and family to help her.  He would go home early so she could meet her unnies, friends and sometime go to the office without him knowing; or even go to the gym, to lose the pounds she accumulated during the pregnancy; he told her that it was not necessary, that he wished she remained with these little pounds, she was cuter this way and his hands on her body felt like heaven when he was making love to her. But she did not believe him, she thought it was another tentative from him so the other men won't be looking at her, the truth was that he really liked her "Umma's curves", he wanted to touch her every times, he would see some of her skin, thinking about it all day while at the office. 

 But guess she was a woman and which woman is never thin enough? 

 She was happy when she came back to work after 3months,  being back to her true self, the white shark wearing high heels  signing contract everywhere in the world, expanding Hyun&Co to an international level. But her race was cut off  by her little girl, two years later she gave birth to their daughter, Lee hyun they named her. So Again, she went on a maternity leave, but this time she was not rushed to comeback to the office, she was enjoying her role as a housewife, spending time with her children and family. Because thinking about it, she never really enjoyed it before, maybe Tiffany's first miscarriage made her realize how precious her children were and how lucky she was to have them. She could tell that Kyuhyun was also  happy to have her at home, to find her with their children having fun in their house, coming home to find the dinner ready and his wife in baby doll nightie taking care of him and only him. It was like a golden jail, she was only for him, no other men beside their family male members could see her, approached her or be closed to her, she was all his, his children and her were all his, no one to share it with, not like at the office, where everyone would be able to approach  her. 

 

But on the other side, the CEO, was getting impatient, she was his VP and he needed her.  So he thought for awhile, was it worth it? He finally made his decision and during one of their late  night discussion, when she would be cuddling into his arms, in their bedroom, after putting their children in their room, he took his courage and told her that he was proud and happy to have her as wife, but that she was also his Vice-President and no one could beat her, not even Yunho who took her place during her maternity leave. She was his "hidden card", his right-hand "man" his "trustworthy coworker", he could trust and without her the business were not going well. Feeling that the discussion was not going as it should since she was not answering, busy drawing circle on his chest with her finger,  he finally revealed her that she was his Boss, and that the CEO could not work without her.

 

"So it's true?" she got interrupted in the middle of her souvenir, someone was at the door, "You're really leaving?" Seohyun turned to face this person, it was Hyorin, "Yes, the time has come I guess…", Seohyun said while lifting up the box, "I never thought you would do it." Hyorin said while scanning the now empty office, "I never thought you would leave. I admired you for coming back, for facing everyone here, for facing me or should I say for not firing me?" she said laughing. "And now, you're leaving, like that?" the brown hair girl told her boss. Seohyun watched the girl, a weak smile on her face, "I guess I was wrong, or maybe not strong enough, who knows?" Seohyun said while playing with her keys, being now the only source of noise between the two women. "I should go, the cleaning department is coming, they're going to move the last furniture" Seohyun said breaking the silence, while putting her Louis Vuitton bag on her shoulder. "I respect you." Hyorin suddenly said, "And I have to say, I admire you." she said while playing with her ID Card, "Hyorin shi, you don't have to- this is already-" Seohyun said trying to stop her, but the woman went on, "Everyone fear you here, you're known as the boss of the company, the way you managed theses men, I've never seen a woman being so respected by businessmen…or men in general. They all look at you with so much respect and faith.. while all they do with me is asking for coffee or touching my ." she said about to tear up, "I really respect you and I wish I was as strong and powerful as you were Mrs Cho."

Seohyun looked at her, she was confessing, saying that she was admiring her, that she wished she was as strong as she was. But did she forget who she were?

 She was the woman who caused her to loose her child and her marriage to go on a different path from what she had predicted; in 12 years, he never cheated on her, and suddenly he was cheating on her, on their children, on their family with a secretary, but why her? It could have been any other woman? Just why her?" "Why did he choose you?" Seohyun suddenly asked, she wanted to shut up, but words kept on escaping from , "It could have been anyone else? Why specially you?" she said putting down the box she was until there holding, "Mrs Cho, " Hyorin said embarrassed, "Why my husband made love to you? Why did he touch you?" Seohyun said, she was not screaming, or anything like that, she was talking normally which bilwidered Hyorin. "I don't know Mrs Cho, it could have been anyone else this night. I was there and he was listening to my pain and…" the woman stopped, seeing that the woman she caused the marriage to go bankrupt ,was about to cry.  Seohyun looked one last time at Hyorin before wiping the tears that were about to fall, preventing her face to look swollen, she took the box and passed next to Hyorin, not even looking at her office one last time, she had now to face the employee, they were probably now all aware of her leaving her place, she passed in front of the employee working, in a sudden silence, they all stood up, bowing to her. Useless thing she thought now that she was not their boss anymore. Of course when she passed them, she heard them whispering, but she did not care, she was busy calling the elevator, wishing not to meet any of her oppas and unnie., or worst…to meet him.  The ten seconds waiting for the elevator seemed to be 10 minutes, finally the doors opened and she went in, not forgetting to hide her face from the employee coming out of it. She was fortunately alone in it, maybe the fact that it ws now 12AM and that the employe were all outside eating;  the doors were finally about to close when someone caught them, red nails; it was a woman, tanned skin; it was Hyorin, the woman opened the doors again, she seemed to have run, her bang was out of place and her shirt sticked agains her chest, probably because of the sweat. "He called your name…" she paused, taking back her breath "when we made love… he was whispering your name; I don't know why he choose me, but one thing is sure and it's that this night he was not making love to me, but to you…he was making love to you.", she took back her hand, the doors closed. 

 

 

 She climbed up the white stairs, the door was already open, they knew she was here; "Leehyun ah honey!?" she called, her lice echoing, she closed the door behind her, "Leehyun ah?" she called again, "Seohyun ah?" someone came out of the kitchen, "What are you doing here? It's " she paused looking at the big clock in the entrance, "It's only 12.40 AM, you should be at the office right now? Did something happen to my son" the woman asked worried. Seohyun smiled, "Umma, I came to pick up Leehyun ah, I'm going to spent the rest of the day with her" she said looking at the stairs hoping for her daughter to get down. "What? Why? Aren't you supposed to work?" Kyuhyun's mom asked confused; but got cut off with her grand daughter screaming from upstairs, "Umma!!!"; the girls started to get down, running into her mother arms, who kneeled to hold her. "Honey, I missed you so much!" Seohyun said hugging her daughter, "But You saw me this morning Umma!" the girl said laughing, her hands around her mother's neck. "Yeah I know but I missed you so mush that I came to pick you up. You know that I never get enough of you! I could eat you all day!" Seohyun said while kissing her daughter playfully. But the moment got interrupted by Kyuhyun"s mother, "Leehyun ah why don't you go in the living room, you still have to finish your painting honey" the grandma said while patting her grand daughter head, "Neh Almeoni" the girl said while pouting. The grand mother waited for the little girl to be far away before speaking again, "Seohyun ah honey, what happened? Did you fought with Kyuhyun? I thought that you were back being friends? At least for the children?" the woman asked worried while Seohyun walked towards the door looking at her daughter, "I resigned Umma, I left my place. That's all, nothing more, nothing less." she said without any grand conviction, "But why? When I asked, Sungmin told me, that you were doing quite well. " asked this time more confused the woman, Seohyun turned back her gaze to the lady who was once her mother-in-law, "Because there's no more hope for me and Kyuhyun." Seohyun paused looking now straight into her children's grand mother's eyes;  "Guess I should call you Mrs Cho now and not Umma;" she said trying to held back her tears, while Kyuhyun's mother held in a gasp covering with her hand. 

 

She  stopped in front a red building and closed the door of her car, laying  her back against it,  and playing with her keys while putting her sunglasses on her head. "When will I go to school?" the little girl asked passing her head through the window, "When you'll be 6 years old, like your brother. And for the million times, stop putting your head out of the car!" Seohyun said putting her daughter's head back in the car, but guess the girl was stubborn, "When is six mum?" she asked this time putting her head out again. Seohyun laughed at her daughter's stubbornness and question, "Six will be in two. Now sit back to your sit, your brother is about to come out." Seohyun warned her daughter. "It's always Jeehyun who got to be first!" she heard her daughter mumbling in the car. "Stop mumbling young girl." Seohyun said, passing her head in the car, patting her daughter's cheek, "But why it's always Jee? Huh? It's because he's a boy and I'm a girl?" Leehyun asked about to tear up, "No honey, you would have been the first child you would have gotten to school before your brother. It's not a question of gender, look at your auntie Ara, she's oldest than your father, so she got to go to school before him. Don't worry sweetheart, two years fly by really quick." Seohyun said patting her daughter hair while starring back at the building.  

 

"Mum! What are you doing here? Why is Grand ma not here?" the boy asked while approaching his mother, "Well boy, first good afternoon and then Yeah I missed you too" Seohyun said teasing her son. "Sorry mom, Hi" he said while kissing her. "Give me your bag. I came to pick you because I'm not working today, now get in the car" Seohyun said putting her son's bag on the passenger seat while he took place next to his sister, "Hi Monster! he greeted his sister,while patting her hair "Muuum!" the girl complained, "Jee,leave your sister alone, you know she hates this surname." Seohyun said without any interest in her children feud, busy turning ON the engine. "Mum, uncle Heechul  said I could keep Heenim while he'll go abroad! Can we buy a liter-beeding? Please, please!" the boy begged to his mother, "No, you know your sister is allergic to hair's cat and plus I'm sure you won't take care of Heenim properly, you're like your father, you start something and never finish it" Seohyun said busy looking at the road. "But Dad said it was ok." Jeehyun tried to convince his mother, This time Seohyun glared at her son in the rearview, "Are you lying Cho Jeehyun??" she asked him, "Because your father would never say such a thing, since he knows that Leehyun is allergic. Everyone knows is it, except you apparently Mr Cho" Seohyun warned her son. "Sorry." Jeehyun only find to say, "Excuse accepted" Seohyun said, "So now what do you wanna do? Ice Cream? Movie? Library?" she asked her children, hoping they would choose the library, but guess they were indeed kids "Movie! Both exclaimed, "All right, which one?" Seohyun asked trying to have a glimpse at her children while driving. "Despicable me! Despicable me! Despicable me! Despicable me!" they both exclaimed in unison; "Ok, why don't we first drop our belongings at home, so Leehyun can pee at the same time and then we leave for Despbable." Seohyun proposed, "DespiCABLE!" her children corrected her, "Yeah anyway," Seohyun whispered while stopping at a red light,she was waiting for the green light when her son asked her: "Is Appa coming with us? Since you're not working he's also not working? Right? Can you call him and ask him to join us?" he asked his mother, "Yeah Appa!  Appa! When we go watch a movie, he always buy the largest box of PopCorn!" Leehyun exclaimed miming the box box of popcorn her father would buy for them.

Seohyun looked turned to face her children, she could see sparkle in their eyes, "I'm sorry my babies but Appa works today, Mum is the only one who's not working.'" she could say they were sad, "But we can still buy the largest box of Pop Corn! What do you think?" she asked them trying to cheer them up. A klaxon made her realize she had her car blocking the others, so she turned back driving again. She did not know how to cheer them up again, so she promised them that they would go with their father to watch another movie this week end, they were approaching the Cinema complex when her phone rang, she checked the ID, looking if she had to pick up or not…but it was Sulli so she took it; "Yoboseo?" she asked "Mum you should not answer your phone while driving" she heard her son warning her, "It"s provided the teacher told us at school" this time, he told his sister who did not understand what her mother was doing wrong her who had always been perfect. "Yeah, no no one." I'm going to the cinema with the children. Say hi to Sulli ah" she asked to her children who gladly greeted the girl they considered like a big sister. "Annyong Sulli shi!" they said in unison, "Yeah we're going to see Despicable me" Seohyun told her, "-I'll call tomorrow, you will remain at your post don't worry. For the files named INA, it's already signed just give it to James. -Yeah, the one with the glasses. -Why would they fire you? You did not do anything wrong Sulli ah!"  And make sure to tell the Admin dept that the letters sent to my office should be sent to Kim Yesung, so they won't get lost; -Yeah perfectly. Yeah, the blue one."

Mum?" she heard from the backseat, it was her son Jeehyun but she did not mind still focused on her conversation,: "Yeah, and tell Mr Lee to take care of it from now on, since I won't " "Mum?" she heard again, but she did not turn, instead she looked at  the green light indicating her to drive on, "Yeah, since I left he'll probably ask Siwon or Yunho oppa to take my place as Vice President,"  she said to her now former assistant Sulli. 

"Umma?!!" she heard, this time her son was screaming, "WHAT!? she finally turned to see what was happening in the backseat, "LEEHYUN AH HONEY!!!" she screamed realizing that her daughter was vomiting, Jeehyun trying to held back the vomit coming out from his little sister's mouth, half of it on his arm. "Mum! Leehyun is vomiting!"he finally managed to tell his mother, Seohyun stopped on the emergency line, throwing her phone on the passenger seat, not minding to see if it was still on communication. She quickly removed her seatbelt, and opened the backseat door, "Sweetheart are you alright? she asked to her daughter half knocked down, she put her hand on her forehead trying to see if she had any fever, "You're burning" she said patting her daughter back, but Leehyun broke the embrace, vomiting again this time on her mother chest. "Leehyun ah baby!", Seohyun said this time worried, "Mum the car is completely dirty now," complained Jeehyun,  "Mum it's hurting me here" managed to whisper Leehyun. Seohyun gasped realizing that her daughter was referring to her heart.  It was probably serious since Leehyun has always been the fragile one, she was only four but she had already been hospitalized more than any other healthy children, her fragile heart being the reason. "Remove your seatbelt and let Leehyun rest on your laps, we're going to the hospital" she said to her son, laying down her daughter on the backseat. 

 

I' m soooo sorry no Seokyu moment in this one, but I'm so tired, I can't write anymore for tonight. I'm up since 8AM and it's now 3.22 am, I really wanted to write it since I promised but I don't have the force right now. I promise I will update later this week. 

Don't hate me Ali.