Promise to Protect me.

Time has come

 

 

XVI Promised to Protect me.

 

 

  The walls were white, but not a clean white, a dirty one; the ground was grey. The black Audi was parked on the -3 floor, he was siting on the driver seat, but the engine was not ., he was not driving, instead he had  his gaze locked on the door across him., he looked at his watch, 11.PM, just some minutes to wait. His phone rang, he quickly looked at the ID, it was Eunhyuk, "Yeah Hyung?"  he heard a brouhaha behind "Kyuhyun ah, are you still at the office? Come join us we're at Shindong's Club!" his hyung proposed. Kyuhyun scanned the parking around him, no one, the place was desert.  "Yeah I'm still at the office… I'll probably work until 1.AM. Don't wait for me, I'll go home directly after, I'm too tired" he answered without any conviction. He heard Eunhyuk coughing then whispering something, he was about to ask him to repeat when the door he was waiting for to open, opened. "I'll call you later" he suddenly hanged up without waiting for his hyung to  answer back. 

 

  Kyuhyun looked at the person coming out of the door, he put back his phone in his pocket, he looked at his reflection in the rearview mirror one last time, before stepping out of his black Audi. He passed by the few cars still parked in the parking at this late hour, the person in front of him was still walking looking for her car, he walked behind trying to catch on her walking rhythm. The person did not seem to notice that someone was following her, she was whistling. 

Kyuhyun realized that the parking alley was getting to its end, so he called  a name, which caused the person to stop whistling. "Yonghwa shi" he said, he did not scream, he did not need, Yonghwa was only 10 steps in front of him, and they were alone.  

Yonghwa stopped, but he did not turn, he probably knew the owner of the voice. Kyuhyun looked at the man in front of him still facing the other side "Yonghwa; " this time he called without adding the "-shi". He scanned  the man in front of him, his keys he was playing with while he was walking stopped, he also stopped whistling. Yonghwa finally turned to face him.  Kyuhyun waited for him since 7PM in the basement of his company, hour by hour the employees took their cars and left the parking basement, he waited for him to get down and he was finally facing him: "Kyuhyun shi." Yonghwa greeted back, bowing at 20° only. 

Someone passing by would probably think that it was a Mafia meeting, both men were wearing black suits, except Kyuhyun who was not wearing his black jacket; 

They remained silent, Kyuhyun made a step forward, rapidly followed by Yonghwa "Listen Kyuhyun I know why you're here." Kyuhyun smirked "Really?" Yonghwa stared at him, rubbing his neck with his hand.; "I did not want to, it was an accident, I did not control my hand, I swear I tried to call her but you know how she-" In the eye, he did not let him finish, he punched him in the face, Yonghwa fell on the floor. 

 

 

  "I'll ask Kibum oppa to help me with the paint the room since he likes doing these kind of stuff". said Tiffany while eating a cupcake. "Yeah good idea" agreed Yoona. The girls were in Yuri's kitchen having coffee, they were chatting about Tiffany's pregnancy and all the stuff such as baby's furniture.. "Seohyun ah, where did you buy the night light, you know the one which looks like a butterfly, Leehyun has it in her room" asked her Sooyoung. But the maknae did not respond, she was instead playing with the spoon, doing circles in her cup. The girls starred at each other, Hyoyeon looked at Jessica, but Jessica mouthed which seemed to be "You do it!" so Hyoyeon pinched Sooyoung instead, but the girl starred back at her with a cupcake in . 

Sunny sighed, "Seohyun ah," the maknae finally raised up her head, "What's with the bruise nest to your eyes?" Sunkyu finally dared to ask her. Seohyun seemed surprised, she touched her bruise, she had forgotten it, "I told you, Leehyun had a nightmare the other night, I went to her room, I did not see, the closet's door that was open, it stoked me in the face" she said laughing. "You mean a door did this to you?" asked Tiffany not satisfied of the explanation given by her little sister. Seohyun starred at her , then at the others unnies, they were all frowning, they did not believe her. 

"Do you think that I'm lying?" she asked them angry. Yuri was about to give her an answer that would calm her but Taeyeon cut her off, "Yes, We think that you're lying." the elder said her arms crossed on her chest. Seohyun glared at her, "Then tell me, since you're so intelligent! Maybe you know better than me how I got this bruise!" she said throwing her spoon on the table. Hyoyeon gasped "Seohyun ah!"  Taeyeon starred at the maknae, she was overreacting, she was indeed lying, "I'm just telling you that I don't think that a door did this." Seohyun sighed, "Then what, do you think? Kyuhyun did this?" Tiffany put her hand on covering a gasp. They all looked at her worried, Fany! Is everything alright? Is it the baby!? asked her Yuri rubbing her belly; Tiffany smiled, Yeah it's just the hormones, she said now hiccoughing. "We never said that Kyuhyun did it. But you seemed to be hiding something." Yoona told her. "Yeah, The guys told me that you slept outside when you were in Singapore, where were you?" asked her Jessica, a hand on her hip. "Is this an interrogation?! asked annoyed Seohyun, "Answer the question, where were you?" asked her now Sooyoung. Seohyun smirked, "I already told the oppa where I spent the night" she said proud of herself; But Jessica sighed, "Yes, you said you were with Nicole, but she was with Hara in Ilsan, so when you said to the guys that you were with her, well  you were obviously lying." conclude the Ice Princess. 

Seohyun was now standing up, here hand on the chair she was previously sitting on, she was speechless, she did not know what to answer back, her who usually would nagg her unnies till the end, but now nothing, she was tired. The girls watched her sitting back on her chair, she put her hand under he chin, "I broke up with Yonghwa,, he hit me " in an instant the girls gathered around her, it was the first secret, they spent the entire afternoon hearing their maknae revealing secrets she never told them, some felt betrayed by their little sister, some were crying and others did not understand why their little sister did not tell that she lost her third child, and they hated themselves for not reacting earlier feeling that something was wrong, Yoona the first one; she saw her that same day she had lost her baby, she knew something was wrong but she find out the following day that Kyuhyun cheated on her; she thought that it was why Seohyun was weird. She should have asked her baby sister, when she saw her coming back with puffy eyes but back then the situation was worst than ever... 

 

-Flashback-

"Mum! Where's my shoe??" Jeehyun called. Seohyun came running in the living room, "Look in the alley! Pali we're going to be late!" she screamed to her son who mumbled something before looking for his other shoe. It was the morning, she was preparing the kids for school, she was on her knees preparing her daughter Leehyun putting on her coat, when someone came passing behind her, patting her head "Seohyunnie, I'm going I'll call you after" Seohyun stood up, "Yeah, thank you again unnie for watching my children, " Seohyun said hugging Yoona, the woman laughed, "You know I would do anything for my nieces," Yoona said patting this time Leehyun's head, "Anyway, did you call Kyuhyun he's probably worried seeing that you were not coming to Busan?" Yoona asked while putting on her coat, "It was supposed to be a surprise unnie, he does not know that I was coming to …Busan" Seohyun said bitting her lips. Yoona looked at her sister, she wanted to ask something, to ask her why she said she did not go to Busan when she did but Jeehyun cut her, "Auntie have you seen my shoe?" he asked her passing by, Seohyun gasped "Jeehyun ah!!  it's almost 8.30AM, we're going to be late to school!" Yoona starred one last time at her sister, it was not the right moment, maybe she would ask her another day…"I'll see you later…" she said before closing the door and driving off to work. Yoona did not have to wait for long...because the same night she got the answer to her queastion...

-End Flashback-

 

   Sungmin was running in the building, sweat on his forehead, a folder under his arm, he passed by the numerous offices, he finally reached the door, he opened it, "Donghae, have you called their office?" he finally asked to the man who was like his brother. Donghae looked at him perplexed "Which office? Is it important?" Sungmin frowned, "Yes, it"s important, I let you a note on the screen of your computer" he said steeping forward to Donghae's desk,  Where?" asked Donghae not see in any Yellow post it. Sungmin bent to touch the screen but nothing, See? " told him Donghae, "Nothing, Are you sure you put it on my screen, not on yours?" he asked to Sungmin, who glared at him before starting looking for it. Donghae starred at Sungmin searching everywhere in the office or the yellow post it, "Sungmin ah , if you know what was on the paper why don't you tell me directly instead of searching?" he chuckled; But Sungmin bent down on the floor, "No it was important," he said looking under the desk "There! Lift up your shoe!" he asked Donghae; which the man did, Sungmin took out the paper that was stick under Donghae's shoe, he raised up, "So what is it?" asked him now curious Donghae. "Sungmin read the paper and gave it to Donghae, 'Read it by yourself," he went to sit at his own office across  Donghae's one, Sungmin saw Donghae frowning, "I don't understand, they lost it?" he finally asked after reading the paper for more than 5 minutes. Sungmin looked at Donghae, then at the door looking if any employee  was passing by, but none, "They did not lost it, because she never sent the papers." Sungmin finally revealed to Donghae. 

 

Donghae gasped, "What do you mean? She never sent the papers for the divorce?" Sungmin stood up, looking by the glass window at Seohyun who was holding a meeting in the room across the hall; "I called her lawyer Attorney Seulong, he said she never sent the papers for the divorce, that's why it took a lot of times since Kyuhyun signed them. She never sent the papers." Donghae followed Sungmin's stare, now next to him, "Well if I'm not wrong as a lawyer myself I would say that Kyuhyun and Seohyunnie are still married then." he chuckled, taping Sungmin's back,  Sungmin caught Kyuhyun passing in the corridor not looking at them, but he noticed Seohyun stealing a glance at Kyuhyun "Yes, she's still our sister -in -law."

 

From here please listen to this song while reading: Link make sure to open it in another window

 

 

-Flashback-

  She ran, pushing the people on her way not even minding to say sorry. She held on her coat which because of the wind and the speed was opening and disturbing her race, she managed to catch a worker on her way, she caught him by the collar, "Hwang Miyoung!!" she asked him, the man nodded at her "Room 085, but only one person at the time!" the man told her but she was already running. 

She kept on running, her hair flying in the air, the white walls made the race looks eternal, she finally caught a familiar hairstyle, it was Sooyoung, without makeup, her hair tied in a bun, her chin on her hand and  her back against the wall. As she ran she spotted some other familial faces Yuri, Jessica, Hyoyeon sited on the bench in front of what seemed to be the door of the room 085, "Unnie!" she screamed to Sooyoung who raised up her head, she ran faster, throwing her entire body into her unnie's arms who gladly welcomed her. "How is she?" she finally asked to Sooyoung, she scanned her unnie's face, she opened but no  word came out of it, like a sound stuck in , she shifted back her gaze to her other unnies, she questioned Hyoyeon from her stare, the blonde girl held back a sob, The woman could not stand this silence, she decided to open the door of the 085 Room, she went in, "Seohyun ah?" the girl who was laying on the bed asked her raising up her body a little, "Stay still, don't move, you're still weak" told her Sunny while Taeyeon patted the pillow. 

 

    Seohyun starred at her sister, "Fany unnie?" she asked her voice shaking, the brunette looked at her little sister, "I lost it" she said,  "I lost my baby again" she added a weak smile on her face. Yoona started to sob, Hyoyeon closed the door, and came patting her back. 

"Unnie." Seohyun came running hugging her sister, tears started to roll on her face, "Seohyun ah, don't cry honey" said Tiffany while patting Seohyun's back, "I'll try again, it's not the first time honey I'm kind of getting used to it" Fany said trying to laugh, but the maknae could not stop crying, so Tiffany broke the embrace and held Seohyun's chin, "Honey what's going on?" she asked her maknae worried, indeed Seohyun had red puffy eyes, she started whispering something, Tiffany did not understand, so she looked at the girls who remained silent until there, silently sobbing in their corner, "Seohyun ah? What is it?" she asked this time but Seohyun kept on turning her head side to side still whispering something that Tiffany finally understood, "Mianhe?..Why? Why Mianhee?

Seohyun could not held in it any longer, "Unnie Mianhe.." she said bursting out in tears, "Kyuhyun cheated on me, I know I should not tell about it now, but I can't keep it for myself, I need you to protect me" she said, she looked at her others unnies, "I need you all  girls," Tiffany started to cry taking her sister in her arms, "Seohyun ah." she sobbed, "come here", she said making a place next to her on the bed. Seohyun laid next to her unnie, who started patting her back, soon all the girls gathered around them back hugging each other,  "I m so sorry" whispered Seohyun, "No honey, we love you, I lost my child but I don't want to lose you. We'll protect you..I promise" Tiffany conclude as she was the one who was the most able to speak, the other crying being now ironically the strongest one. 

-End Flashback- 

 

 

 I wrote the chapter while listening to "Promise" by SNSD, (Click on the song for the link, By the way the FMV is AMAZING, you should really chek it out) try listening to it while reading the scene at the hospital…I swear I'll uptate more often if you manage  not cry. Lol 

So I updated today only since I already updated 3 times lest week^^

Also Kyuhyun went to SNSD concert this weekend, and Seohyun was flawless! You better hurry up Kyu or someone will take her. I mean have you noticed how Seobb has become more funny and dorky this past year? Like since TTS promotion she's not the same woman. 

As usual give me your impression, I ll keep listening to "Promise" the song inspired me so much tonight and Tiffany ad-lib is wonderful! 

Ali <3