Nine

Kitty Cat Kai
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lol, sorry about the false update you guys. I was editing this chapter, and I hadn't realized that it was available to the public for like 5 minutes before changing it back to private. For those of you quick readers who already read this chapter, please re-read it, because changes have been inputed into the end. Thank you! ^^ P.S. your comments were hilarious to read.

 

------------------

“He’s certainly dedicated,” Haerin nodded in approval as she stared at Kai who was serving some customers. “He’s a natural.”

“I can’t believe he went to ask Halmeoni for a job,” I groaned as I smacked my hand against my forehead.

“He’s going to rake in a lot of customers,” Jaesun grinned as he eyed Kai up and down before nodding in approval. “I’m pretty sure girls are into his kind of look.”

“I don’t like him very much,” D.O frowned as he leaned his cheek against his fist. He raked Kai's features with his judgemental eyes, refusing to acknowledge the other as good looking.

“Yah! You should be in the back cooking, and don’t try to say that there’s nothing to cook,” I scolded as I pushed him back towards the kitchen.

“But there’s too much to cook,” D.O frowned childishly as he flailed his limbs. He spun on his heels and jutted out his bottom lip with a pleading expression. “Can you come help me?”

“I’ll help you, D.O,” Haerin volunteered as she pushed him to the kitchen, ignoring his protests of "I don't want you!" She glanced over her shoulder to give me a sly wink as she mouthed, “Go get your man.”

“Yah, Jaesun! Your Rinnie is going to be in a cozy place alone with a man,” you whined to Jaesun.

Jaesun scoffed and rolled his eyes, “I hardly count D.O as a man.”

“I heard that!” D.O called out from the kitchen.

“Anyways, you should be going to help out your boyfriend waiter,” Jaesun grinned as he pushed me forward. “There are a lot of customers today, and we shouldn’t press everything onto the new kid.”

“Why did Halmeoni take him in so quickly, anyways,” I muttered as I pulled out my notepad to take an order. “Isn’t she too easy?”

“Can I have a tomato sandwich along with your phone number?” I overheard one shameless customer dare to ask Kai.

My eye twitched with annoyance but a small chuckle immediately escaped my lips when Kai innocently responded, “I don’t think we serve that here. We have tomato sandwiches though!”

The girl laughed, and out of the corner of my eye I caught sight of her sliding her hand against Kai’s arm. “You’re so funny.”

Kai blinked as he recoiled from the touch, slightly scrunching his nose in displeasure. “I am?”

I couldn't eavesdrop on the rest of their conversation because the customer in front of me waved a hand in front of my face. “Miss? Aren’t you going to take our order?” 

I snapped away from listening to Kai’s conversation and faced the customers with an apologetic smile. “Sorry about that,” I chuckled sheepishly. “May I take your order?”

“Can I order you?” one of them asked as his eyes slowly raked my body up and down.

“Sorry, but that’s a part of a separate menu,” I responded without skipping a beat. I had been hit on quite often during my time at the café, and although at first I was pretty flattered, now it was just the slightest bit annoying.

The man chuckled good heartedly and pointed at Haerin who had come back from the kitchen. “How about her? Is she up for grabs?”

I followed his finger and the two of us watched as Haerin shared a quick kiss with Jaesun.

“Damn, today is just not my day, huh?” the man laughed as he shifted his gaze back to me. “Well, can I order a club sandwich with root beer?”

 

“Sure thing, and for the rest of you?” I asked as I turned to the other boys sitting around the table. They all ordered similar meal sets, and I went back to the kitchen to drop my order off to D.O.

“Yah, Kyungsoo, you better be working hard because I have a big or— Yah, what happened to your hand?” I asked with furrowed eyebrows as I watched D.O clumsily attempting to bandage his hand.

His eyes shifted to me in surprise, and he quickly pulled his arm away from sight. “I just cut myself a little, it’s no big deal. Leave the order on the counter and I’ll get to it.”

“You obviously can’t handle this alone,” I sighed, ignoring the other’s weak persistence for me to leave. “Here, let me help you with that.”

D.O sighed and held out his hand for me to help bandage, knowing that the time spent arguing with me would be in vain.

“You’re still so clumsy, you know that?” I chuckled as I wrapped the white bandages around the cut on his hand. “I think the customers would prefer to only have animal meat in their sandwiches, you know.”

D.O rolled his eyes at my joke and let out a pathetic scoff. “You’re so funny.”

I cracked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter