Eight

Kitty Cat Kai
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Mina! Mina! Mina! You don’t have school today right?” Kai asked with excitement as he jumped on my bed.

“That’s right,” I responded as I made the two of us breakfast for the morning.

“Then how about we go out and pla—”

“But I do have to work today,” I continued, crushing the boy’s hopes before he could even finish his sentence.

“B-B-But Mina,” Kai whined childishly as he flailed his limbs in the air. “You said the weekends are the only days when you don’t have school! If you have to work on them, then how are we supposed to play together?”

“We can’t,” I responded simply, rolling my eyes when the boy proceeded to fling his hand dramatically to his chest.

Kai’s eyes widened in distress, “Mina!”

I sighed and placed my spatula on the counter to turn and stare at him with crossed arms, “Well, do you want to come with me to work, then?”

Kai’s head shot up at my suggestion and his eyes widened with delight. “Really? No take backs Mina! Seriously!”

“You have to be quiet if you want to go,” I instructed with an outstretched finger. “If you’re too loud or make any trouble I’m going to make you go home, you hear me?”

Kai nodded his head eagerly and he perched himself happily at my side. “When are we going to go, Mina?”

“In 10 minutes,” I answered as I slid a freshly cooked omelet onto Kai’s plate. “So eat quickly and we can leave.”

Kai wolfed down the breakfast in mere seconds before going to wait patiently next to the front door. “Can we leave now? Can we?”

“Kai, you have to change your pants and put on your shoes,” I ordered him with crossed arms. I gave him a stern glare, as if daring him to protest against my order.

Kai frowned at my demand and shook his head with a pout. “Outdoor pants don’t feel good, Mina. They make my legs all stiff, and shoes make my feet feel like they’re being squeezed together. I don’t like that feeling.”

“If you don’t do as I tell you, you’re not going to get to go to the café with me,” I answered with a shrug, beginning to put on my shoes as if I was going to leave without him.

Kai opened his mouth to protest, but the look on my face told him that he was going to fight a losing battle. “Clothes are yucky,” Kai muttered under his breath as he picked out his jeans from the drawer I assigned him. He held the cloth away from his face with only two fingers. “I don’t know why humans like wearing them.”

I rolled my eyes at his statement and chuckled as I slipped on my shoes. “If you don’t change quickly I’m going to leave without you.”

“You can’t threaten me, Mina,” Kai laughed in response. “I can smell you a mile away. How do you think I found you school?”

I raised my eyebrow at the new information, “Shouldn’t that be something dogs can do? I didn’t know cats had a good sense of smell.”

“Cats are good at everything,” Kai responded proudly with a stuck out chest.

“I was always a dog person myself,” I shrugged.

“Mina!” Kai exclaimed with a scandalous expression on his face. “You can’t say that!”

“Why not?” I shrugged teasingly. “Now hurry up or I really am going to leave without you. You might be able to smell me out, but you’re just going to have to walk there on your own then.”

Kai pouted and quickly rushed into the bathroom to change into proper clothing. I was happy that he actually had the decency now to not strip in the middle of the room shamelessly.

“I’ll give you a minute!” I called out as I tapped my imaginary watch on my wrist to keep track of time.

“I’m finished!” Kai exclaimed as he darted out of the bathroom to slip on his shoes. He stood in front of me and pressed the side of his hand to his forehead as a salute.

I laughed and rolled my eyes at the childish action before ushering him out the door. “You have to be good, alright? Don’t go and bother my co-workers or anything,” I lectured him as I locked my bedroom door behind me.

“Okay Mina,” Kai smiled back at me. “Mina, what do you do at a café anyways?”

“Whatever Halmeoni wants me to do, really. I can cook or take orders or clean up,” I shrugged as we entered the elevator.

“Of course, my Mina can do everything,” Kai grinned proudly.

I couldn’t help but crack a small smile at the other’s words.

“Oh  my god, Mina, is this your new boyfriend?” a voice squealed out once the two of us neared the café. I looked up to see Haerin staring at me with a scandalous expression.

“Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!” Haerin screamed with glee as she came charging to us. She engulfed Kai’s hands into her own and beamed at him. “Please take care of our Mina!”

Kai looked puzzled for a few seconds but gave back a smile of equal brightness and grinned, “I will!”

“Yah!” I exclaimed as I smacked the other on the back of his head. I pulled Haerin’s hands from his and scowled, “He’s not my boyfriend, Rin Unnie. And I don’t think Jaesun would be too happy with you holding another boy’s hands.”

“What’s this I hear about my Rinnie holding a boy’s hands?” Jaesun called out as he walked out of the café and over to us.

Jaesun stared up at Kai with a surprised expression, and his eyes darted from Kai to me to Kai, and then back to me. “Nice to meet Mina’s boyfriend,” Jaesun stated coolly as he held out his hand for Kai to shake. “I’m her Oppa co-worker, Jaesun.”

“Goddammit, he’s not my boyfriend!” I exclaimed as I threw my hands up into the air with exhasperation.

“Please don’t listen to Mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter