Seven

Kitty Cat Kai
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Another glance at the clock told me that it was already well past midnight, and the corner of my lip twitched in irritation. Just how long did that damned cat expect me to wait?

Another ten minutes passed and I was about to give up until I heard the quiet turning of a door knob. I watched as Kai slowly stuck one foot in before following through with the other, attempting to be as quiet as possible so he wouldn’t wake me.

“You look dumb,” I deadpanned. My voice caused Kai to jump nearly a foot into the air before whipping his head over to me in alarm.

“M-Mina,” Kai stammered nervously as he rubbed his hand against his arm. “Y-you’re up pretty late. Is there something that you needed?”

“I want you to quit,” I stated firmly and simply.

Kai’s eyes widened and his mouth dropped slightly open, completely stunned that I had realized what he was up to.

I rolled my eyes, feeling slightly insulted by his genuine surprise. “Do you really think I’m that easy, Kai? If I actually thought you were going out to drink around I would have kicked your out of my house the second you walked in.”

“B-But,” Kai stammered. His expression of surprise quickly morphed into one of awe and his eyes gleamed as he stared at me.

“W-What?” I asked, feeling a bit uncomfortable with the amount of affection displayed in his eyes.

“I was afraid…” Kai began as he shamefully cast his eyes to the ground. “I was afraid that you would think badly of me. I didn’t want you to think that I was going out to play around every day, but I didn’t want to tell you what I was actually doing because I was afraid that you’d make me quit.”

I rolled my eyes and pushed myself off my bed to walk towards him. I almost laughed at the frightened expression on his face, and knocked his forehead with my knuckle. “You’re so dumb,” I scoffed. “Do you actually think that I would think that you had the guts to go party and drink with strangers at a club every day? Please, you still get scared when bread pops out of the toaster.”

Kai blushed at my words, but a shy smile spread across his lips. “Thanks Mina.”

“For what?” I yawned as I turned around to slip into my bed.

Kai’s grin widened even more and he practically beamed down at me. “For believing in me.”

I stared at him for a few seconds and immediately pushed away the thought that was forming in my head. I shouldn’t be fooled by this façade Kai was putting on. He was a cat and I had to remember that. I for one, wasn’t into the idea of .

“Yeah whatever,” I grumbled as I pulled the blankets up to my chin. “You better quit that damned job Kai, or I’m going to go down to that stupid place and drag you out of there.”

“Find me if you can,” Kai responded, a rare smirk sliding onto his lips.

I opened my mouth to shout at the other, but he quickly slipped into the bathroom before I could.

“Damn cat,” I muttered as I reached over to my bed stand to turn off the light.

 

--------------------------

 

The rest of the week continued as before, and I decided to finally forcefully drag Kai away from that damned work place. I had found a business club with a shady club name on it in Kai’s pocket and I could only assume that that was where the cat was spending his nights.

After finishing my shift at 7 on Friday night, I decided to pay the club a visit. It was when I neared the booming place that I realized what a bad decision I had made to pick that particular night, because everybody was out to party on a Friday night.

I was worried that I wasn’t going to be let in, but luckily for me the bouncer had “liked” my look, and allowed me to enter without even bothering to check my ID.

The music was too loud and the air was too stuffy and I had half a mind to just leave the place and let Kai do whatever the hell he was doing, but stopped when I caught sight of the other on the top floor. The top floor was definitely a lot less rowdy than the main one, and I immediately knew that only the highest of the high could get a spot up there.

I got no further than two steps up the stairs until a man blocked my way to ask for ID.

“I don’t want to go up there. Can you just send Kai down here? I need to talk to him,” I sighed as I tapped my foot against the ground with impatience.

“What’s your relationship with him?” the man demanded as he folded his arms.

“I… he…” I replied hesitantly, not knowing exactly what I should say. “I’m his land lord," I answered lamely.

The man snorted and waved me off, “That’s definitely a new one I haven’t heard. Beat it, girl. You’re not the first one to try to lie and get to Kai. He’s a fresh rookie, so just lay off him, alright?”

“I’m not lying, nor am I trying to get at Kai,” I replied with an unamused expression. “Can you just get him to come down here? If he looks and ignores me, then you know I’m lying alright? It won’t do him any damage.”

The man stared me up and down and sighed. “Wait here, I’ll go get him. If you really are lying to me though, I swear to god,” he grumbled as he trudged unwilling up the stairs.

“Hey, are you trying to get yourself up there?” a lustful voice whispered into my ear from behind. A hand trailed up my side and spun me around to face the stranger.

“No I’m not,” I replied without even the slightest bit of interest. “I’m trying to get some dumb kid to come down here, so you can just move yourself along.”

“I love a girl who plays hard to get,” he grinned as he pressed me up against the railing of the staircase.

“I’m not playing,” I growled in return. My fist was itching to aim a nice punch at the guy's face, but it wouldn't do me any good to get kicked out of a club before I could drag Kai along with me. “Now get.”

“I know, you being genuinely feisty just turns me on even more,” the man breathed as he grinded his crotch against mine.

“Mina,” Kai’s strained voice cut across the air. A hand landed itself on the man’s shoulder, and by the way the man flinched, I knew Kai had a painful grip on him.

“Please get off her,” Kai growled in a dark voice as he yanked me over to his side. I glanced up at Kai and was surprised to see how he was dressed. He was wearing leather pants and a white wife beater with his hair gelled up. I could have sworn that I saw eyeliner dawning the creases of his eyes.

“Please, she’s free for all, and I found her first,” the man scoffed in return. He advanced towards Kai but was held back by the man that had restricted me from seeing Kai earlier.

“Do you have the proper identification to get onto the second floor, sir?” the man asked with narrowed eyes and a gruff tone.

The man that had advanced towards me just snorted and shot us all a dirty look before disappearing back onto the dan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter