Four

Kitty Cat Kai
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“You can’t do this again, okay Kai? I’m going to get in trouble if you keep showing up on the campus,” I scolded the other as he happily slurped his noodles without a concern in the world.

Kai nodded his head airily, putting most of his concentration into the consumption of the ramen. “But Mina, why can’t I come visit you every day? It’s boring just being at home, I want to be with you.”

I rolled my eyes and flicked the other on the forehead. “You’re just not allowed to come to my school, alright? You’re not a student and we have a school uniform! Just think about what the teachers will think if a kid who looks like he belongs in school doesn’t attend it and instead comes to visit me every day?”

“But I’m not a kid,” Kai pouted.

“Don’t remind me,” I groaned as the memory of Kai shifting into a cat popped back into mind.

“Then can I come and pick you up after school?” Kai asked hopefully. I was about to reject his offer until I got a look at his pouting lips and wide eyes.

“Fine,” I grumbled unwillingly. “I needed to take you out to go shopping after school anyways.”

“Shopping?” Kai asked with the of his head. “What for?”

“New clothes of course,” I responded as I took a bite of my ramen. “You can’t stay in those clothes forever.” I thought about the expenses that would have to be put into the purchase of Kai’s clothes and cringed.

“You’re costing more money then I want you to,” I muttered as I stabbed at the ramen in my bowl.

Kai was completely oblivious to my money struggles and happily slurped down the rest of his noodles. He even had the audacity to raise his hand and call out, “Ahjumma, one more please!”

“No!” I exclaimed, horrified at the thought about spending another 9,000 won just to fulfill that cat’s hunger.

“But I’m still hungry, Mina,” Kai pouted childishly, rubbing his hand in circles against his stomach to prove his words.

I shot him a dirty look and pushed my bowl over to him despite the fact that I was still hungry. “Here, just eat this, okay?”

Kai’s eyes lit up and crinkled into half moons as he quickly dug into my bowl.

This cat was definitely much more trouble then I was expecting. Why couldn’t I have picked up a quiet, normal cat like most people would have?

“Kai go back home, okay? I really don’t even know how you even got here, but do whatever you did to get your back home,” I ordered the other. “I don’t get out of school until 3:30 PM, so you can’t come back until then.”

Kai pouted and reluctantly nodded his head. He sent me a wave and shuffled his feet back down the road to get home.

“Wait Kai!” I called out.

Kai froze and spun around with an eager look on his face, thinking that I had changed my mind about sending him home.

I jogged to him and placed something into the palm of his hand. “This is a key to the room. Make sure you lock it whenever you leave now, or somebody’s going to steal my money. I’m serious, Kai, don’t forget, alright?”

Kai grumbled under his breath and tucked the key into his pocket, “Okay, bye Mina.”

“Bye!” I smiled and waved to him before turning around to run back to the school in order to not be late. “Don’t forget to lock the door!”

 

-------------- -

 

“So Mina, are you going to tell us anything or do we need to inspect you private life for the answers we want?” Baekhyun asked with a raised eyebrow and crossed arms.

“Yah, Byun Baekhyun, are you attempting to threaten me?” I scoffed as I sat carelessly down in my seat.

Deciding that the intimidating approach wouldn’t work, Baekhyun quickly shifted into his cute mode. “Miinnnnnaaa, we’re your bestest friends in the entiiiiiiirrre world. Don’t you think it’s fair that you tell your bestest friends about who that boy was that decided to steal you from our lunch and what your relationship is with him and where he lives so I can find him and skin him alive and hang him on the flag pole as warning to all other boys who try to take you away during lunch?”

“Baekhyun, the smile on your face while you say such horrible words is really frightening," I replied as I pulled my books from my backpack. "And his name’s Kai, and he’s just… a friend,”

Baekhyun was visibly unpleased with my vague answer, but decided to take it for now. Luhan, however, didn’t care to restrict his curiosity.

“Where did you meet him?” Luhan demanded as he sat on top of my desk.

I thought back to where I had found Kai and smiled, “At the park.”

Luhan’s suspicions increased even further with the small smile that had formed on my lips, and his elder brother instincts immediately kicked in. “When did you meet him?”

I thought about what I would tell the other as an answer to this question. I had met Kai just yesterday, but with the fact that he had come to visit me today in school and would be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter