Three

Kitty Cat Kai
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Kai, I swear to god, please be good today. Please?” I pleaded as I slipped my backpack onto my back. “If you make a lot of noise you’re going to get caught and I’m going to have to kick you out. You don’t want that, right?”

Kai frowned at the idea of being kicked out so soon and nodded his head. “I’ll be good today. I don’t want to be separated from you.”

I was satisfied with how obedient he was being and patted him on the head. “Good kitty. I left you lunch in the refrigerator. Just pull it out and put it into the microwave. You remember how to use it, right?”

Kai nodded his head and proudly recited the instructions I had given him. “Put the bowl into the container thingy and press the numbers. Each number signifies how many minutes the bowl will be heated for. Don’t put anything metal inside.”

I smiled and gave him another pat on the head. “I’m going to go now, be good!” I slipped on my shoes and waved him another goodbye before leaving my room. I was locking my door when a sudden voice made me jump.

“Who were you talking to?” Sehun asked with a raised eyebrow and crossed arms.

I nervously gulped and swatted him away with my hand. “I wasn’t talking to anybody, jeez.”

“Are you sure? I could have sworn that—”

“Hurry up, we’re going to be late!” I exclaimed as I grabbed his hand to drag him over to the elevator.

Sehun scoffed and knocked his knuckle against the side of my head. “Who’s fault would it be if we’re late? Let me remind you that I’m always the one waiting outside for you to hurry and finish up.”

“You talk way too much, Sehunnie,” I shrugged as I stepped into the elevator. Sehun stepped in behind me and pressed the button to close the doors.

“I really hate having an apartment on the 11th floor,” I muttered as we waited for the shaft to take us down to the lobby. “Why couldn’t I get a room on the first floor or something?”

“Because the 11th floor was the only floor that had two available rooms next to each other, and my mother ships us together like crazy,” Sehun reminded me with a silly grin on his face.

“Did you know my mom is still on my back for not dating you yet?” Sehun scoffed as we exited the apartment complex. “I swear, that woman loves you more as her child than she loves me.”

I glanced up at the building and searched for my room on the 11th floor, hoping that Kai would be alright for the day.

“Mina?” Sehun called out as he waved his hand in front of my face.

“It only makes sense that she would,” I replied nonchalantly. “I mean, who wouldn’t love me more than you?”

Sehun let out a playful growl and bumped me with his elbow. “We really need to hurry up or we’re going to be beat by the teacher again.”

I glanced at him and broke into a sudden sprint, only pausing to glance over my shoulder and stick my tongue out at him. “Race you!” I called out with laughter as I lengthened my strides to give myself some sort of a head start before Sehun began to run. I knew there really wasn’t a point in racing against Sehun because his long legs made it so one of his strides were two of mine, but they were still fun regardless.

“There’s my favorite Sena couple!” Luhan grinned as he greeted the two of us at the front entrance.

“I told you to stop using that name!” Baekhyun whined. “Mihun is so much cuter.”

“You guys will never stop, will you?” I sighed as I pushed the two of them forward into the school. I waved to the third person who hadn’t commented on my non-existent romantic relationship with Sehun. “Hey Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol greeted me with a large toothy smile and turned to Sehun to engage in a deep conversation about the new video game that had just come out.

“Mina, you are really too cruel,” Luhan sighed dramatically as he draped his arm around my shoulder.

I scoffed at his words and paid him no interest. “If you’re about to go into some long complaint on why Sehun and I aren’t together, you can just shove it, Lu.”

Luhan pouted at my words and crossed his arms with a loud huff. “I swear this ship will sail one day.”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and peeled Luhan’s arms from my shoulders to replace them with his own. “Don’t even listen to Luhan, Mina. I would think that he would just accept the friendship between you and Sehun after 3 years of trying to make the two of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter