Two

Kitty Cat Kai
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Please don’t scream,” the boy sighed as he sat straight up on my bed.

I screamed.

“Jesus Christ you’re loud,” the boy winced. He slapped the palm of his hand against my lips, and off instinct, I grabbed his forearm in order to flip him over my head. He landed with a loud thud on the ground, and emitted a loud groan.

“, are you alright?!” I exclaimed as I quickly scrambled to the ground. “Sorry, that’s a reflex of mine.”

“It kind of hurt,” the boy groaned as he pushed himself off the floor and into a sitting position. “Can you not be so rough in the future? Please let me explain myself before you scream again.”

I quickly scrambled to my chair to pull off a jacket, and flung it over to him. “Cover yourself with that, please.” I would have to remember to burn that jacket later.

“Like you don’t like what you see,” the boy grumbled as he reluctantly wrapped the jacket around his waist to cover his privates.

“Now, Mina, will you let me explain what happened?” the boy sighed as he sat back down on my bed.

“Get the hell off!” I exclaimed as I grabbed his wrist to yank him off my covers. “You are not going to rub your all over where I sleep!”

The boy rolled his eyes and settled for standing in the middle of my room to not get yelled at anymore. “Mina, I know you’re going to have a hell of a hard time believing me, but I really don’t have a choice because it’s true. I’m Kai.”

I stared at him in silence for a few minutes. “You mean the cat?”

“Kai” nodded.

“So you’re the cat I just took in right now, and you can transform into a human?” you stared at him straight faced without even bothering to blink.

‘Kai’ nodded.

“Are you ing playing with me right now? Is this a joke you’re trying to pull with Sehun? Because I swear to god—”

“No, it’s not a joke, Mina,” ‘Kai’ sighed as he crossed his arms. “I was stuck in my cat figure for quite some time because I was looking for an owner, and all the people who tried to pick me up were incompetent. But then you came and helped me despite me hurting you, and so I decided that you were good enough to be my new master. The whole thing was finalized when you put this on me, allowing me to show you my true form,” Kai explained as he pointed at the collar that was around his neck – the collar I had just put around the cat Kai’s neck.

“Shift into a cat right now and I’ll believe you,” I instructed as I jabbed my finger in his direction. “Do it right now.”

Kai heaved a reluctant sigh, but obeyed my wish and transformed into the Maine coon I had seen just minutes before.

I was about to go crazy. No, I was going crazy. I was going crazy and delusional and should visit the hospital tomorrow to get my head checked out. I thought about it for a few more seconds and changed my mind – I didn’t want to get sent to an asylum.

“You’re not going crazy, Mina,” Kai sighed as he transformed back into his human form. The jacket that had been wrapped around his waist slid off when he changed into a cat, so he was once again.

“So what, you’re a mind reader too?!” I exclaimed with exasperation as I threw my hands up into the air.

“Sorry,” Kai muttered as he quickly picked up the fabric to block himself again when I let out an inhumane squeal. “No, I’m not a mind reader. You said you’d believe me if I turned into a cat in front of you. Please, Mina, please don’t abandon me. I don’t want to be abandoned again.”

I felt myself soften at the sadness the other expressed on his face. “You swear this is for real?” I whimpered as I seated myself on the corner of my bed.

Kai nodded his head with a serious expression. “Very real. You and I are both very real.”

“But I don’t understand… how can you… how do you… it’s not possible,” I stammered as I stared at the other’s face. He was definitely handsome, but I decided not to think about that for now.

“Mina? Mina are you alright?!” Sehun’s voice called out as he pounded his fist against my door.

Kai let out a low hiss once he recognized the other’s voice, and was about to fling open the door until I hissed at him to be quiet. Kai immediately froze and turned to me with downcast eyes.

“Go hide yourself in the bathroom, Kai,” I ordered as I pointed to the small room at my side.

Kai obediently followed my instructions, and I actually thought that it wouldn’t be too bad to keep him as I made my way to open the door for Sehun. I smacked my hand against the side of my head and shook it. What was I thinking? It was definitely not okay for me to have some transforming freak living in my room.

“MINA?! I swear to god if you don’t answer the door I’m goi—”

“Chill out Sehun, what’s up?” I asked as I pulled the door open.

His hands flew out to grasp my shoulders and he examined my face to look for any injuries. “You’re not hurt,” Sehun breathed with relief.

“Why would I be?” I asked with a cocked head and a fake expression of confusion pressed onto my face.

“I heard an awful scream,” Sehun explained as he glanced around the inside of my room. “I would have come earlier but I was in the middle of a shower.”

I glanced up and realized that that he still had soap suds in his wet hair. “Sorry about that, Sehun,” I giggled at the sight. “One of my co workers just sent me that stupid link where a scary face pops up on the computer,” I lied easily. “I’m sorry for interrupting your shower.”

Sehun cracked a smile and disheveled my hair with his hand, “It’s alright.” He glanced down at me and then quickly averted his eyes once he realized what I was wearing. “U-Uh, I’m going to go back and fin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter